wow, foreverlove. lsat live version??

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 01:02:17 PM
What does "Last Live Version" mean? XD Starting with Vocals-only?

And hey, that's the first ballad. Who said they are doing too many ballads!? :P

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 01:05:11 PM
yes, i call it last live /dahlia tour final version.. at last, full song after 17 years since last live

Ex denxdenx

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 01:10:00 PM
1-Miracle
2-Jade
3-Rusty Nail
4-Silent Jealousy
5-Beneath the skin
6-Pata vs Heath
7-Drain
8- Kurenai
9- Hero
10- BTBF
11. piano solo'
12- drum solo
13- Forever love
14. IV

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 01:11:28 PM
@Denx I'm amused how everyone is counting differently... XD

...and I keep losing connection to the stream now :(

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 01:14:26 PM
Hmm so Tears will most likely find its way there, art of life radio edit and wrap up?  

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 01:18:37 PM
i m losing connection too.. sigh..

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 02:28:18 PM
Complete Setlist

Miracle (BGM)
    Jade
    Rusty Nail
    Silent Jealousy
     Beneath the skin (By Sugizo)
    Pata and Heath: Guitar and Bass Fight
    Drain
     Sugizo Violin Solo
    Kurenai
    MC
    Hero
    Born to be free
    Break
    Yoshiki Piano Solo (Improvistation including Swanlake and Unfinished)
    Yoshiki Drum Solo (with snippets of Piano pieces in-between)
    Forever Love
    I.V.
    X
    Break
    MC
    Endless Rain
    Art of Life
    Forever Love (SE)
    Tears (SE)

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 03:00:25 PM
Which part of Art of Life did they play?

I guess, first part today and the second part tomorrow?

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 03:36:14 PM
They started with Yoshiki's Piano part, so only the 2nd movement.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 03:40:52 PM

Ex denxdenx

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 03:41:49 PM
I think anyone could've guessed this would be the set list. No effort to play Dahlia (properly this time) or Weekend. I bet this is going to be 99% same set list for the MSG show because they're probably treating these 2 shows as a warm up for NYC. I was hoping they'd go big and do full Art of Life. I sure hope Sugizo played all the solos and none of that hide playback bullshit.

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 04:46:21 PM
Such a disappointing setlist. I really dug Beneath The Skin though. I hope they pull out some other songs though. A couple years off, and they just pull out nearly the same setlist as the last tour?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 02:45:20 AM
Is it just me or is Toshi struggling with the vocals in these clips. I'm so glad I saw them in 2010 cause I feel they're not getting much better than that.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 10:50:40 AM
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:53:39 AM by Hyunkel »

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #45 on: October 01, 2014, 10:52:25 AM
OKay let's get ready for round two...!? :D

Yesterday's audio stream is working again - and today with WAY better quality!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:36:36 AM by AsukaMiyu »

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 11:40:31 AM
Ready! Anybody got a live stream link?

Still naive enough to hope for a very different setlist today. Seeing how they've not put much effort into it, that'd be astonishing. 

Audio steam working well indeed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:47:17 AM by Astralmind »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 07:44:44 PM
Most of the time Toshi was turning the mic to the crowd instead of sing, too many mistakes from Yoshiki and THREE YEARS LATER they not only almost didn't change the setlist, but still use playbacks on Art of Life.

At least Forever Love was nice.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 01, 2014, 08:49:43 PM
Ugh... today sounded worst than yesterday. As pointed out by Joker, waaaay to much "let the crowd do my job" from Toshi, unacceptable use of playbacks and very obvious and audible mistakes from Yoshiki.

I mean...  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-RNyqPOybQ#t=449

I'm puzzled... those guys rock, they really do.. they are outstanding musicians and they are far from "dying of old age"... other bands have reunited at a much much later time and still managed to do very great comebacks. Besides laziness, what can explain this lack of performance ?!

Still can't wait to see them live at MSG, I've been waiting for this to happen for 20 years... driving 7 hours to get there. They could fart for 2 hours on stage and I'd probably still find some satisfaction to it at this point but still... it would have been nice to have it the way I imagined it 20 years ago... a Vanishing Vision medley.. haa
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:11:19 PM by Astralmind »

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 01, 2014, 10:55:47 PM
This user has the whole concert to watch here, low quality though:  :P

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU_OXRbUmhQ-v-TBp7WED7QA

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 07:45:45 AM
Is that filmed from their screen?? :D How cute is that!

Oh my, I think I'll wait for something else... >_<

@Astralmind Huh, isn't that "let the crows do the job" thing only annoying when NOT being able to sing along? I actually like it if bands do that at concerts. And it wasn't to an annoying extend. Same goes for the other issues you mentioned.
Sure, it's a pitty they don't practice more to actually really get better, but well, as long as those attending enjoy it, it's fine.

(I've been to a Meat Loaf concert once... Basically he was a about to drop dead all the time and singing on one tone is a really whiny way through the whole cocnert. XD THAT was annoying! Especially if you consider the ticket prices >_<)

By the way, apparently they still sold same-day tickets at the venue.... what the hell, I thought it's sold out. o_O
Does anyone know if it's usual to hold back some last-minute tickets in Japan...?

Edit: Okaaaay, I just watched a part... WTF he is singing almost nothing throughout Kurenai!? XD What the hell?
I didn't notice that in the live stream LOL
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:00:34 PM by AsukaMiyu »

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 02, 2014, 03:03:01 PM
Well I don't really know where to begin with cos I didn't plan to go to the concert, but having thought of the last time watching them was four years ago, so maybe it's time to see them again

Thing is, this was a very disappointing concert, Toshi couldnt sing at all during the first concert and I was told he already performed better in second concert despite I was pissed he passed the Mic to ask the fans to sing even on new songs and English songs too!! I was most fucked off by sugizo's guitar solo/improvisations cos that ruined many songs and made the songs sounded totally shite b it's almost unbearable, I mean yes he's the lead guitarist but this isn't Luna sea for fuck sake please just play to the fucking tune.

The more I think the more I got to believe they are banned from playing at Tokyo dome again. Fact is it almost felt like watching in Hong Kong Asia expo and I tended to believe these  two concerts are added suddenly. Well the concert was shite, I didn't like beneath the skin but I liked the beginning of hero where there was only yoskikis piano with toshi singing the first verse and that sounded like heaven , the best bit , highlight of the otherwise crap night .

Yoshiki also spoke a lot , mostly about how tough it w had been for them ESP many have targeted them of declining and all that  of course we all stood by him and it was a emotional moment and that they will carry on as long as they could. 

honestly this was more of a reunion than a concert cos many things are very similar such as they performed last part of  Art of life after Yoshiki's piano solo and it felt like just rewinding in my head on previous shows .. felt just all too similar in many ways

oh last thing, the really one big plus, to my surprise was ..... Yoshiki as he still has it ! his drums are very very good as there were quite a lot fast song for an old fart who I believe wouldn't play much drums but he was really great as I had a very good view of him playing drums and that was a nice and big surprise. 

oh really lastly .. pls dun perform Drain again, ever.  Urgh

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:09:27 PM by holly.x »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 02, 2014, 03:15:06 PM
I agree. My thoughts were, "I feel like I've seen this concert before..."

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #53 on: October 02, 2014, 04:15:20 PM
Hum... my comment about the "I've seen this before" is always that, well, the japanese fans haven't seen it yet, as the last time they played in Japan was 2010. :P

Oh well, but I'm sure noone would complain if there was a bigger varity of songs in their setlist haha. XD

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: October 02, 2014, 08:20:44 PM
Hum... my comment about the "I've seen this before" is always that, well, the japanese fans haven't seen it yet, as the last time they played in Japan was 2010. :P

Oh well, but I'm sure noone would complain if there was a bigger varity of songs in their setlist haha. XD

You're right but the North American tour was also 4 years ago as well and the Nissan stadium 2010 set list was quite similar. I think the problem lies in that most of us know know Yoshiki will keep this set list for MSG so aside from Hero and Beneath the Skin, which to me is a cop out of an X Japan song....what else has changed? Forever Love album version is amazing to hear again after The Last Live...but this is an example of Yoshiki's failure to complete an album in any reasonable amount of time. Why could they not perform Weekend? Where is Tears? Not even one hit from the past like Sadistic Desire? the 1995 live version is watered down a lot so Sugizo could learn it. Blue Blood again? Dahlia? It's just so predictable. It's like after 2009 he became fixated on this kind of set list.

Time will tell. They may shock people at MSG with different songs, but with the show being 9 days away...I won't hold my breath because these were definitely "warm up" shows.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:23:17 PM by Feudal »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 03, 2014, 12:20:09 AM
Shame on me, I actually liked Hero. Even being repetitive and so similar to BTBF.
Beneath the Skin sounds disjointed, like Jade when I heard it at the first time.

But seriously, three years with basically the same setlist, the same playbacks, is boring as fuck. At least the album version of Forever Love had Sugizo playing the lead guitar.

If I understood correctly, they used old pictures and footage in Forever Love and Endless Rain, but focusing hide on Forever Love and Taiji on Endless Rain?

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 03, 2014, 01:16:11 AM
one thing on my mind, toshi.. please!! worst performance ever from him.. they should practice more.. cant imagine msg show if he sing like this again. unbelieveable..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsAs6z6GjrQ this one still quite enjoyable, even toshi cant hit the high note  and quite enjoy the guitar part even no guitar solo

i believe drain purpose is to give yoshiki a break
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:21:20 AM by denx »

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #57 on: October 03, 2014, 07:28:48 AM
Seriously, sometimes I want to send them a to-do list of what to change/do better...
They could improve a lot with some small things (like 1-2 old songs for exmaple.)

95% of the feedback they get is positiv/fangirlish so they dont see a reason to change anything. *headdesk*

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 05:18:29 PM
well all fans know Drain is just a song to give Yoshiki a rest in his oxygen capsule.. but this was such a boring song, no fans, i mean no fans
are interested in paying attention to it for more than a verse.  I never did. And they really should be and should have a bit of heart for
us fans who keep coming back by seriously preparing for their shows.  I mean, its not ok at all to play the same set list over and over and over again.  Its bordering cheating us fans... I don't like them this way and I am getting less and less interested in going to their concerts cos i was expecting more or less the same thing and, guess what, they really did that again.  The second show was a combination of other shows, with exception of the two new songs. 

With regards to toshi, I think it's more of his age that affected his performance on live concerts.  It's getting tough for him to hit the
high pitch and lets be honest, it's been like that 90% of the time even since their reunion shows in 2008 so i wasnt surprised that he was like that again.. but i have no idea why that always happen during concerts.. it was tough to accept that he sang less than half of
the songs such as Kurenai.. IV... Silent Jealousy...

I hope they, especially Mr Yoshiki gets their act together and do a great final world tour, I would happily accept it should they decide to
do so cos that way, they do themselves justice and us fans will be left with fond memories and not this shite (sorry i am too perplexed by the show)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #59 on: October 08, 2014, 08:33:11 AM
... I kinda like Drain.....

This is my administrator color.