friday · 38959

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #90 on: September 25, 2017, 02:39:03 PM
Yes it is fan based. Please take a look in the Yoshiki threat. I linked it there but currently am on the phone so searching is hard :(

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: November 08, 2017, 05:59:36 PM

Yeah, so I just finished reading the translation. Seriously, poor guy.

Hello, hello, hello, matsumoto and everyone else.  Where is the rest of the translation? I read page 1 and 2 that were posted but I see no link for the rest of it.  Maybe I went blind? That was some pretty rough, edge of your seat reading for sure.  but I want to finish it.  Tyvm.  :)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Teemeah

Reply #92 on: November 08, 2017, 08:08:20 PM

Yeah, so I just finished reading the translation. Seriously, poor guy.

Hello, hello, hello, matsumoto and everyone else.  Where is the rest of the translation? I read page 1 and 2 that were posted but I see no link for the rest of it.  Maybe I went blind? That was some pretty rough, edge of your seat reading for sure.  but I want to finish it.  Tyvm.  :)

It's here: http://www.xjapantranslations.com/%E3%80%8C%E6%B4%97%E8%84%B3-%E5%9C%B0%E7%8D%84%E3%81%AE12%E5%B9%B4%E3%81%8B%E3%82%89%E3%81%AE%E7%94%9F%E9%82%84%E3%80%8D-brainwashed-comeback-from-12-years-of-hell

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: November 08, 2017, 08:12:09 PM
Thank you so much, Teemeah  :-*  :)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: November 10, 2017, 04:14:43 AM
That was the most horrible thing I have ever read about a situation happening to someone.  The things they did to poor Toshi and the pain and suffering they put him through.  They truly did brainwash him to make him not even think to escape because he thought they were right.  Just awful. 

I especially commend the kind gentleman who let him stay at his home and helped him to get back on his feet and see clearly what he must do.

Special thanks to Yoshiki, too.  Without Yoshiki letting him back into X, who knows what would have happened to him in the end.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Video interview about the book and about lyrics of X plus other things.  Lengthy as it's over an hour and in Japanese half the time, with a translator or two translating questions that are asked of Toshi and his responses.   Good stuff to know, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7EnE2DRzRc

Teemeah

Yeah, have seen this. It's incredible, but kudos to him for going public and answering all those questions. It must have been really embarrassing for him to do that in front of the Japanese media.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I wonder if it was his idea to do it? Otherwise, why do it at all if one didn't want to? Maybe he did it on purpose to let people know just how bad HOH is and to stay away from them, lest they get caught up in the same schemes that were pulled on him. 

I'll give him credit, either way, though.  He did a good job and it had to have been rough on him.

Teemeah

He had no choice but to go public, I think. HoH was threatening him to sell him off to the yakuza, and when he escaped with the help of that doctor, they were actively looking for him, he had to hide. So I guess he had no choice whatsoever but to go public. If anything happens to him after that, everyone will know who did it. It's kind of scary, to be honest. And the scariest thing is that since he had no proof of his claims (the beatings, the abuse), HoH leaders could not be prosecuted. They were only prosecuted for monetary fraud, but not for the human rights abuses they did. Also probably because Toshi joined them voluntarily, so they couldn't really prove that they did anything wrong to him apart from taking his money (which he gave to them willingly, so that is also why they were not jailed).

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Ohhh! Somehow I have missed that the Yakuza were after him! When I read that translation, it took me about 3 days because I was constantly interrupted and/or distracted.  I knew HOH were looking for him - his wife *cough* and Masaya and their helpers at HOH unless some of them were Yakuza or all of them! I see, now, Masaya must have ties to Yakuza.  What a horrible, horrible mess poor Toshi has gotten himself into and will never be free of, perhaps.  At least not until Masaya dies.   :o

Teemeah

Reply #100 on: January 02, 2018, 12:49:40 PM
There is no proof of Yakuza ties but that's what he was threatened with. I guess he didn't want to take his chances and ignore the possibility. It's awful but this is a real problem with these brainwashing cults, that they talk you into shit, and because you do it willingly, you cannot eve accuse them of anything. He walked in on his own two feet, and he gave control over his career and monetary situation himself. He let his wife manage his money. Yes, they cunningly talked him into it with promises of salvation and whatnot, but he agreed voluntarily. There is an episode in the book about them kidnapping him when he started to doubt them and tried to escape once, but since there is no proof of it, apart from his own words, I guess it is not enough to prosecute them.  :(

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: January 02, 2018, 01:09:15 PM
Yep, they really did a number on him, physically, mentally and monetarily as well.  I wish there was a way for him to gain control of his money, accounts and business dealings that Masaya can't fight back with and win. What happened in the latter case is pretty clear to see if there are bank accounts and contracts that show Masaya is the one who benefits from anything Toshi does or did back then.  Of course, if there are contracts, they are legally binding but if those were part of a crime, well, that should be proven and the contracts torn up.  However, that probably will never happen, either.  They ruined his life, no matter what.  He can do all he pleases or works for now and keep the money he gets now but they took everything else from all those years and he has to suffer because of their brainwashing and thievery.  And that brainwashing should be considered a crime and Masaya plus his group, punished for it.

Teemeah

Reply #102 on: January 02, 2018, 01:17:04 PM
Yeah I agree but unless they force you to give your money up (and you can prove this), there is no way to punish them. Same with really big "churches" like the Scientologists... They brainwash people into believing their stories, and make people "donate" large sums of money. In my eyes, this is simply just money extortion, but you cannot drag them to court. Its up to people whether they believe it and where they pour their money to. They operate legally, as did HoH.... There are loopholes in law that these organizations use for their advantage. They may morally be condemnable but are not punishable by law.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: January 02, 2018, 01:22:43 PM
I agree but as you say, the person has to be able to prove it.  Brainwashing people into believing things should still be illegal, in itself, though.   I would imagine in most places, it is.  Maybe not in Japan, though.

Teemeah

Reply #104 on: January 02, 2018, 02:07:16 PM
Then they would have to punish all religions basically :D because all of them brainwash you into believing stories, some about UFOs, others about a guy walking on water and turning water into wine, another tells you you can transcend yourself if you meditate long enough, yet another will promise you virgin slaves in the otherworld. All of these religions get some sort of compensation from their followers, whether in the form of "religious taxes" or "donations" or "voluntary work"...... This is slippery-dangerous territory for law. 

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: January 02, 2018, 06:45:54 PM
Video interview about the book and about lyrics of X plus other things.  Lengthy as it's over an hour and in Japanese half the time, with a translator or two translating questions that are asked of Toshi and his responses.   Good stuff to know, though.

Just scroll up. We already had that in this thread ;)

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: January 03, 2018, 01:35:10 AM

Just scroll up. We already had that in this thread ;)

Well poo, LOL! I probably went right over it because I didn't see it. I wish we could embed video on the site instead of just post links to it.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: February 13, 2018, 12:21:49 AM
I was searching for things about ToshI, again, last night and ran onto an article that tells a lot about him being brainwashed, and all he went through, including the damage done to his body during the beatings.  all along I have wondered what his injuries were and if he had even gone for treatment for them.  Some of his injuries are mentioned in this article if not all of them plus there are a lot more details of things regarding what HoH did, what ToshI was accused of, etc, from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I am just going to put one paragraph, here, then post the link to the article.  People can choose to read or not.  I think this is the worst of the medical, though.  Poor ToshI!  :'(

He was hospitalized, suffering from "intercostal neuralgia" and mutism as side effects from what he would later reveal to be repeated beatings, psychiatric injury, and injury to his larynx and chest muscles from physical overwork. He physically couldn't sing, all activities were put on hold until he arrived in LA for the filming of X Japan's PV Jade, where he was only supposed to move his lips from not being able to sing...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Music/ToshimitsuDeyama

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: February 13, 2018, 07:34:00 AM
Did you read his book? I was litterly crying while reading it.

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: February 13, 2018, 07:45:16 AM
Yes I did and it made me feel so bad for him.  I knew by what he wrote that they had to have done some bad physical damage to him but the book didn't say what it was.  That article says what it was more or less.  There may be more that wasn't mentioned.  And he wasn't even supposed to sing but only fake it for Jade but I take it, he sang, anyway.  Unbelievable.

Here's a little about that intercostal neuralgia.   :'(

What is intercostal neuralgia?
Intercostal neuralgia is a painful disorder of the nerves that run between the ribs, and is caused by damage to one of the nerves and/or loss of function of the nerve.

Causes
The intercostal nerves run between the ribs and can be damaged in various ways. The most common cause is chest surgery, during which a nerve can be damaged.

Signs and symptoms
In intercostal neuralgia, an intense, sharp, shooting pain is felt in the chest, which radiates from the front to the back (or vice versa). Continuous nerve pain may also be felt. The skin can be painful to the touch and there is increased sensitivity to pinprick pain. The skin may also have decreased sensitivity.

http://www.pijn.com/en/patients/cause-of-pain/diagnoses-per-body-region/upper-back-chest/intercostal-neuralgia/

Teemeah

Reply #110 on: February 13, 2018, 09:27:07 AM
Yeah, though I would be careful with TVTropes, it's not a reliable source of information, it's a collection of rumours and what fans think the truth is...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: February 13, 2018, 09:49:45 AM
Guys, TV Tropes is usually just a bunch of bullshit, but if IIRC, he mentions that in his book, right? Losing his voice, burning out, getting terrible anxiety/exhaustion-induced back and chest pain, ending up in a wheelchair... poor lil' dude. Didn't deserve that.  :'(

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #112 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:44 AM
Guys, TV Tropes is usually just a bunch of bullshit, but if IIRC, he mentions that in his book, right? Losing his voice, burning out, getting terrible anxiety/exhaustion-induced back and chest pain, ending up in a wheelchair... poor lil' dude. Didn't deserve that.  :'(

Yeah he does mention it in the book. i'm just generally warning new people to the fandom that Tvtropes is not to be taken seriously, like, 99% of the time. Fun to read, but I'd take everything with a grain of salt.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: February 13, 2018, 09:54:55 AM
Oh I know, TV Tropes is a black hole of all things outlandish (but darn funny)  8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: February 13, 2018, 09:59:38 AM
Sorry.  Since I don't read fan fiction, that's probably why I never heard of that website until last night.

Toshi did mention what they did to him but more or less just a mention, no details, I think.  However, from the video that he surely approved since there is a Toshi look-alike and he speaks about it to the TV crew of the show he appeared on, and from the way he is treated in that video, he has to have had some kind of damage to his rib cage if not more.  So perhaps that article isn't all that off base after all.

Offline Saint

• View Profile
Hey! I was wondering if the translation was still around anywhere? The xjapantranslations site seems to be down! Thanks :)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
How could you find this topic, but didn't see the translation? ;D

please click here :)

https://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

please click here :)

https://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0
...and be warned that this might be one of the most depressing books of all time.  :'(

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Saint

• View Profile
@nb Oh sorry! I see it now, I guess I was blind :)

@Kasumi Consider myself warned! I think I have read a part of it before, and it did sound really tragic :( I guess it's a sobering reminder too that sometimes having fame and money doesn't really make you happy all the time. At least it's great Toshi was able to make it out alive and relatively good!