• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

ToshI to release book "Brainwash ~Comeback from 12 Years of Hell~"

friday · 38955

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/1/28214/toshi-to-release-book-brainwash-comeback-from-12-years-of-hell/                                 I really, really hope that a decent translation comes out one day. It would be an extremely interesting read! (First post in 2 and a half years... Hi guys!!!)                             

MODERATOR'd!

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/1/28214/toshi-to-release-book-brainwash-comeback-from-12-years-of-hell/                                 I really, really hope that a decent translation comes out one day. It would be an extremely interesting read! (First post in 2 and a half years... Hi guys!!!)                             

Welcome back!! :)

I'm really curious about the contents of that book :o

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Here's the translated list of content, as on the japanese media:
http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=1212

I'd love to read that book - but I suppose that is never going to happen. >_< A english version is probably just too unrealstic - and so if me actually being able to understand japanese well. xP

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Hey guys, long time no see. I preordered the book & it's getting shipped out today from Japan, so I can try & scan it for you once I get it.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
My copy of the book came in early this morning. I'm gonna get to work with typing up the book A.S.A.P. (Not scanning it, I don't wanna bend it too much, sorry.)

http://i.imgur.com/V0mrggv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xqNGQZa.jpg

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
My copy of the book came in early this morning. I'm gonna get to work with typing up the book A.S.A.P. (Not scanning it, I don't wanna bend it too much, sorry.)

http://i.imgur.com/V0mrggv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xqNGQZa.jpg
WOW :D I really want to read this book but can't read Japanese :( And I doubt there will ever be an official English release. Does the book have any photos throughout it?

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
WOW :D I really want to read this book but can't read Japanese :( And I doubt there will ever be an official English release. Does the book have any photos throughout it?

On the back of the autographed ToshI page, there's four smaller pictures of ToshI. Other than that, there aren't any other pictures (not counting the cover).

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
The chapters sound promising and exactly what we've heard about Toshi during the last decade :O. Would love to read it someday.

And hello again XD I just found my login and password again haha. Nice to be back at X FREAKS

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Prepare yourselves, someone's translated chapter one of the book (and that persona isn't me)

Link: http://www.xjapantranslations.com/brainwashing-12-years-of-hell-1

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
....everyone, prepare a strong drink before you start reading. you will need it. -___-

and afterwards you wont be able to see the dahlia tour, or even the last live, as you did before.

on the 'positive' side, you'll see a good reason for the cancelled concerts before toshi left HOH... there seriously had been different problems... x____X

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
i read the translation yesterday, and like what the hell. dahlia tour final looks like a lot of joy.. but...

Ex denxdenx

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Wow, that was intense! I'm glad Toshi isn't going through that anymore. That's just awful.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
i read the translation yesterday, and like what the hell. dahlia tour final looks like a lot of joy.. but...

I watched Dahlia Tour Final after watching the Last Live. And I always thought it was "boring", and kinda noticeable that they weren't "happy" there. It was kinda noticeable that the mood between them was not good.

But I felt bad reading about this HoH "seminars". I remember reading interviews with Toshi after he left X, and he sounded like someone who wasn't much emotionally stable. Even before the X return he always said that he felt bad being 'the third son", and "the third more popular in X" (behind hide and Yoshiki). They exploited someone who needed serious psychological advice.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I also just finished read the first chapter translation and...wow. I can't believe what he has been through! I can not comprehend the stress they put him through both physically and emotionally. I am really interested in reading the next chapters...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
You know what makes me feel really bad? Why the hell did noone try talking to Toshi or to stop him??
I'm sorry, but even if everyone is grown up, I believe that one still has some kind of responsibility about the people around them. Being in a band together should be reason enough to care. (Especially if its a friend since kindergarden! -_-) At least hide made some efforts to make him change his mind...

I dont think Yoshiki is evil or intentionally cruel, but he simply doesn't understand some things and seems to be completely blind to other people's problems. *headdesk*

Well, apparently he felt bad after seeing this documentary about the book, so I hope he eventually tals to Toshi properly, I'm sure he would appreciate it...

(((Some parts that are missing and that i was curious of was how The Last Song was recorded and how things went before the Last Live... I'd have loved to read Toshi's thoughts about that... But maybe thats in the next chapter? Hummm...)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:33:42 PM by AsukaMiyu »

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Hot damn! That was actually a pretty good read! Sad to say this but this is probably the best thing to come out X-Japan related since 2008 :/

On that very same topic, would anyone know of a subtitled version of this rather long interview/documentary ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwWz4dj1K4 (in 8 parts)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:05:16 PM by Astralmind »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
i just watched all 8 parts of the video, i cant speak and understand japanese. but i think what makes X Japan reunion happened is because toshi run out of money to support home of heart (where i gueesss masaya and moritano asked toshi to earn money fro Xjapan reunion concert ), and probably all the concert postpone and cancellation during 2008-2009, some of the part due to toshi problem and sickness..

just cant really imagine  to rewatch all the X Japan concert like last live, dahlia tour final.. including reunion m, hide memorial summit, tokyo dome 2009 5 2...

Ex denxdenx

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
i just watched all 8 parts of the video, i cant speak and understand japanese. but i think what makes X Japan reunion happened is because toshi run out of money to support home of heart (where i gueesss masaya and moritano asked toshi to earn money fro Xjapan reunion concert ), and probably all the concert postpone and cancellation during 2008-2009, some of the part due to toshi problem and sickness..

just cant really imagine  to rewatch all the X Japan concert like last live, dahlia tour final.. including reunion m, hide memorial summit, tokyo dome 2009 5 2...

Wait so are you saying that Toshi was still involved with Masaya and Moritano after X-japan decided to get back together ?!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 01:16:46 AM
yes... until he decide to declare bankrupt.. thats what i catch from seeing that video. but maybe i m wrong.. it will be good if someone understand more and can tell us more detail

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 06:23:39 AM
Okay what I was told by japanese fans is that Toshi was offered money to rejoin X japan but he told them no. When Toshi mentioned it to Masaya, Masaya wasnt all that against Rock music out of the sudden and wanted Toshi to rejoin.

Another piece of information is that Toshi was told that Yoshiki wants to reunite the band while Yoshiki was told that Toshi wants to reunite. So Toshi called Yoshiki and they got back into contact.

Apparently being back in contact with his old band mates helped to realize whats going wrong....
Nevermind that he got death threats by HOH and they told him stuff like to give him to the yakuza if he doesnt do what they say....What the hell.

Aaaah man, all of this is so complicated and f***ing insane...

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 11:40:13 AM
That was a really interesting reading. Toshi sure did go through a lot...
I'm really looking forward for the next chapters translated.

That was my reaction as well during the reading. Insane, that's what it is.

Kind of the same topic, I was listening to I.V. yesterday and the lyrics made me think about Toshi and what I just read, particularly the verses.

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 03:11:39 AM
So, after reading this (the translated chapter) the night it was released & coming back to re-read it a week later, these are my thoughts in regards to the first chapter. (Possible wall of text & multiple quoting.)

My initial thoughts, like everyone else, I was disturbed & extremely angry with HoH's treatment of Toshi (and everyone else who legitimately thought they were being helped). Honestly, there are a lot of things I want to say right now, but I can't really because it'll be borderline callous (at least I think it'll be). I swear though, the whole time when Toshi was first meeting Masaya with Moritani & he kept on having those not-so random thoughts pop into this head (the "Isn't this some sort of cult?", "This is seems like a strange religion" or any combination of those two sentences), I kept on thinking/speaking out loud to myself "No! DON'T TAKE THE BAIT TOSHI." or "WTF ARE YOU DOING? LISTEN TO YOUR GUT & LEAVE!" and so on.

[I'll get back to this later. I'm starting to get pissed off & I can't form my thoughts properly]

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 11:44:30 AM
Haha, yeah, it was like "NO TOSHI, GODDAMNITWHATTHEHELL!!!!!!" but well, apparently loneliness and the hope for a better change bigger... :/ While its terrible, I dont feel like he had a realisitic choice to say 'no'. Someone must have stopped and support him... :( *sigh*

That aside, all I can say it "M&K... go to hell!!!!!" -_______- How can humans be so evil!?

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 02:52:45 AM
Okay what I was told by japanese fans is that Toshi was offered money to rejoin X japan but he told them no. When Toshi mentioned it to Masaya, Masaya wasnt all that against Rock music out of the sudden and wanted Toshi to rejoin.

Another piece of information is that Toshi was told that Yoshiki wants to reunite the band while Yoshiki was told that Toshi wants to reunite. So Toshi called Yoshiki and they got back into contact.

Apparently being back in contact with his old band mates helped to realize whats going wrong....
Nevermind that he got death threats by HOH and they told him stuff like to give him to the yakuza if he doesnt do what they say....What the hell.

hmm ok thanks. That does sound a bit odd and random. Yoshiki would certainly have known if Toshi proposed this under the influence of whoever pulled him out of X-japan in the first place. I'm curious to read the rest.. Can we then know for a fact that Toshi's ordeal is over ?

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 12:15:22 PM
Not neccessarily... I think Yoshiki is really bad in understanding people........ ;P
Also, i think he was kind of confused and unsure about everything himself, too. At least his myspace blog post about that was really emo and confused. >_<

But well, as a normal person, if your childhood friend pops up again, why would you tell him to go away? Rather watch him but stay alert, right? I think somewhere I read that when Toshi visited Yoshiki in LA after such a long him, he got calls from HOH all the time and Yoshiki worried and asked if they always do that and if he is okay.

Well I dont have more information about that stuff yet, but I am working on something with some friend, which will hopefully bring more light into that, too...!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 03:13:47 AM
Haha, yeah, it was like "NO TOSHI, GODDAMNITWHATTHEHELL!!!!!!" but well, apparently loneliness and the hope for a better change bigger... :/ While its terrible, I dont feel like he had a realisitic choice to say 'no'. Someone must have stopped and support him... :( *sigh*

That aside, all I can say it "M&K... go to hell!!!!!" -_______- How can humans be so evil!?

Yeah, you're right. In hindsight, it probably wasn't possible for ToshI to say no since (from what I understand so far) he felt like was getting help & trying to break away from the negativity of X Japan and family life.

How can people be so evil? I think for HoH's case, it was all for the sake of money, you know? This whole situation reminds me of these sayings that my Grandma tells me every once in a while, like "Money is the root of all evil" and "Curses, like chickens, will always come home to roost".

Anyways
You know what makes me feel really bad? Why the hell did noone try talking to Toshi or to stop him??
I'm sorry, but even if everyone is grown up, I believe that one still has some kind of responsibility about the people around them. Being in a band together should be reason enough to care. (Especially if its a friend since kindergarden! -_-) At least hide made some efforts to make him change his mind...

I dont think Yoshiki is evil or intentionally cruel, but he simply doesn't understand some things and seems to be completely blind to other people's problems. *headdesk*

Well, apparently he felt bad after seeing this documentary about the book, so I hope he eventually tals to Toshi properly, I'm sure he would appreciate it...

Err. . . I think it ended up being one of those things where Yoshiki, straight up, decided to give no fucks about ToshI & just let him do own thing because he was so at odds with him. I kinda see that happening to be honest.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 09:39:03 AM
We posted a summary of that whole brainwashing-thing on Xplosion! :)

http://www.xplosion-online.com/?page_id=2374

Mostly based on Toshi's book but also added some more stuff from Yoshiki's biography, interviews, articles,...
We thought Toshi's and X' fans should be able to know all this - so please spread the link...! ;)

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 10:04:09 AM
Thank you :)

I was waiting for the translation of chapter 2 but this could be an interesting reading too ^^

A friend of mine bring me the book from a trip to Japan but I can't read it so I really appreciate some translation/explanation of what really happened during this 12 years.

Thanks again :)

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 11:22:50 AM

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 12:10:39 PM
Yay, thank you! ...let's see when I'll feel like reading that frustrating stuff again... >_<
I was happy when we finally finished the timeline...