How have you been doing?

AsukaMiyu · 8865

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: February 04, 2014, 05:28:29 PM
Since it's been a long time that I - and a lot of others - had been active here, I thought it would be interesting to share what we've been up to the last years? :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, in 2011 I write my Bachelor thesis and handed it in one week after the X JAPAN Europe Tour.  (I was basically working on both projects at once LOL)
Since I still had a bunch of ongoing projects I went about half a year as a freelance designer and was eventually employed permanently by one of my clients - YAY!
Now I've been working there for about 2 years already! Unfortunately that also means no freetime during the day and in the evening I don't really have energy left to do much, that's the main reason I hadn't been active here.

That aside, I became a big fan of (wearing) Kimono and had been active in the local japanese culture scene a lot, organising dress up booths at events. It's lots of fun (and work)! :)

Well, but now I'l kind of back to the X scene in my lazy evenings, yay!  ;D

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:37:19 PM
Well, the last time I was active here I was about to go to the army (as a conscript, not as a volunteer). I went in two days after the X-Japan Paris live, served there for 11 months, was able to shoot a few smaller guns and one bigger one (AK-4, Galil AR and Carl Gustav M2, if those mean anything to you) and overall survived. After that I got a job, finished my bachelors degree, started doing my masters degree, quit the job (because of differences in school and work schedules), did a few internships and now got a small job that I plan to keep only until I get a better one.

On December 28th last year I got engaged with my girlfriend of three years and now I'm about to start my second semester in my masters course in Public Administration.

:)

This is my administrator color.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:15:04 PM
Congratulations Sander! :)

I moved to London in 2008. First year was awesome, I was still posting here and on LiveJoural and wherever. MySpace was still alive too. Ah, those days... of internet life. lol
I had a crappy bartending job, then I quit it and on my last day I ran to the coach station, took a bus to Donnington Park and spent 3 days at Download Festival drunk and happy... okay, that's bollocks, I was mostly sober. ;_; Booze was sooooo expensive!!!
Anyway, then I spent summer trying to get a job while spending weekends at boyfriend's place who turned out to be a son-of-bitch of big proportions. That resulted in me being stalked on FB by the chick he was fu-- errr, you know what behind my back... (all his friends liked me and talked about me, clearly the girl couldn't get over it for 3 years - mind they're both drug addicts so they truly found each other).
Then I had some part-time jobs and went out a lot, got into the rock/metal/glam scene here in London, met a lot of people, was drunk a lot, funny that nothing happened to me... like when my Finnish friend bought us a fucking BOWL OF A COCKTAIL (it was like a small aquarium, no shit!) and then ditched me because she saw a cute guy... and I was there at the bar, drunk, picking up ice cubes from the bowl using straws as chopsticks.... how I got home unharmed, no one knows. Or that night when I walked half the Oxford street on feet, drunk, throwing up in the bins... mmm... why do I have to remember these things?

ANYWAY!
Somewhere in between Asu told me that AT LAST THOSE BASTARDS X JAPAN are playing Hammersmith Apollo here in London and somehow she was kind enough to give me the ticket. I think I was expecting to be suddenly revived into loving them again. But... I wasn't. I guess them CANCELING those previous concerts back in 2008/09/whenever in Paris really pissed me off. After all, at that time I wasn't listening to any Japanese music for several years. *shrugs*

Oh, in 2009 me and Petra were kicked out of the house where we had lived because they were going to refurbish it. Also, we didn't pay like umm... 2 months' rent... ^^;;;;;; Because I had no job and was saving all to pay for the next flat. We got the flat and come November we realised the radiators weren't working and that the window frames were real SHIT. We almost froze our asses there. So we left for a tiny farmhouse at the London borders in the north. NORTH.... middle of nowhere, lots of stables, one shop and 20 minutes walk to the next bus stop... I got a full-time job in a restaurant again and started saving for better accommodation. We were kicked out of that house too. :D Because the landlord turned out not to be the owner of the property. And the owner had no idea that we were there and paying some rent to someone...

And this is getting too long a story. Apologies!

I've recently applied for an undergrad course in graphic design at three London universities. Already had an interview at University of the Arts, London College of Communication. I REALLY want to go there!!!!!! Also, I'm currently working for Burleska Ltd, a London-based alternative fashion brand. They're ok. But sometimes I'd kill customers. Chop 'em into pieces and feed to pigs. However, since I started doing karate twice a week in November 2013, I feel less frustrated with my job and don't want to kill those custoemers that often. xD

Oh and.... I was depressed for many years, but between October 2012 and July 2013 I was attending therapy sessions. I don't think I'm entirely ummm... cured.... but I have been feeling better since. ^_^

May X be with you!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:04 PM
Glad to have you with us again nage! It seems like you are doing better and better :) Good luck with your universities!!

And speaking of the Finns, me and my then-girlfriend-now-fiancèe visited a bunch of Finnish X-Freaks back in... October 2012 I think, while Kyubi/Clemènt was also studying in Finland, so we had a small X-Freaks get-together, which was a ton of fun, watched some concert videos and of course, drank! :D

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:16:44 PM
So glad to read about all of you ~

As for me... :D

It might come as a bit of a shock for most of you, but about one month before the X show in 2011, I got into a relationship with a... MAN. YES I KNOW. Here's the story.
It started around december 2010/ january 2011. You might remember that I was hanging out with Ann (she was online here for a while, too) a lot at the time. She just found out she had lung cancer. I had just been kicked out of the house by my mother and was living with nuns until I got my own place. Eventually, I got that place, but all my friends lived in another city, and I was so lonely. I also didn't go to school for a while. I was taking care of Ann as good as I could, but in april of that year, it was too much. I had to get out.
So I went to a concert in Antwerp, of an Asian band that performed there. Because the electricity broke, they couldn't do the show, and the Indonesian guitarist said, "well let's just have some drinks with the fans then." That night changed my life; we got to know each other, and I went to his place to stay the night and well... i never left! He said, "maybe you should just quit school, move to Antwerp, and join the band!" And really, with what I was leaving behind... I didn't have to think twice.
Of course, as a lesbian, I knew he was in love with me but I kept saying no XDDD Until.. after a few months... well, something happened that I can't quite explain. We became a couple in june, and got engaged in august that same year :D
Our wedding is sceduled for.... when we have money. LOL. But seriously, I have never been happier before in my life. Now it's been nearly three years, and I'm still by his side, still in the band, planning my wedding and thinking about having children... I swear, this guy is like a gift from the heavens. He's an Indonesian guitar GOD, with hair so long he could wipe his ass with it, and he changed my life completely. Without him.. I'd probably be in the gutter. Or in jail. Or dead. LOL!

A little picture... https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/488142_3789454452973_34307511_n.jpg

Oh, I also work in a cupcake-themed coffee house now XD Had some really shitty jobs along the way, but this one, I really love.
Aaaand I got a shitload of tattoos XD Oh well, a shitload.. I have five now. Planning on getting more very soon!
 http://24.media.tumblr.com/9e59abf0249243969d41765b9d4ea352/tumblr_mwob7wwqln1qbf8rto1_400.png this one is for Taiji
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3a1d02f1c68f50f6ce4cd3385b268cf9/tumblr_mwob7wwqln1qbf8rto2_400.png and this one is for Seikima II!

my dragon for my love for Asia, and the letter "A" which stands for the band I'm in, and is also the first letter of my future husband's name

Then there's a lion on my back but I can't find a pic aaaaa

That's about it I guess
Can't wait to hear about the rest of you guys :)

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 09:37:14 PM
^WOAAAAH, what a story!!!!!
I remember you talking about Asia, the band I mean those many moons ago! :D Glad for you, hun! <3 I hope you save money for the wedding soon. I wanna see the photos after!! :3

P.S.: I also got me tattoos. Two for now, more to come, but shit they cost a lot! And I have more ear-piercings, I still have a tongue piercing and I used to have a lip piercing too but that wasn't healing well and I removed it. Tsk~ xD

EDIT: I've just remembered how me and Petra went to Berlin in February 2009. I was wearing 3-5 studded belts at the same time... going through security was good sport. xDDDDDDDDD
Umm, what else... Oh yes, one day we were in good mood in a metal bar in central London and we asked friends to take photos of us kissing (we were just teasing the boys around ;D ). My mother saw the photo.. and had some really silly comment to it. So I blocked my whole family from my facebook. 8) Life's been much better ever since.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:43:21 PM by nage »

May X be with you!

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:52:13 PM
P.S.: I also got me tattoos. Two for now, more to come, but shit they cost a lot!

PICTURESPICTURESPICTURES

Haha, having family on FB isn't really a good idea 8D
Also, I deleted my FB due to circumstances, I was always really afraid people would blame me for it.... hope I didn't hurt anyone with cutting off the contact so suddenly :( it was not my decision.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 05:31:59 AM
Fresh from the needle images:

May X be with you!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 07:53:13 PM
Awesome story MIHO, I wish you all the best in life :)

And cool tattoos nage, is one of them a Wheel of Time reference?

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 08:00:22 PM
Wow! Such dragon! Much ink!

I love the ourobouros :) (i don't know if I spelled that right.) Making it into an infinity sign is such a nice touch!

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 04:34:49 AM
I love my Ouroboros. :D Now it's your turn. Show us all your tattoos! :D

May X be with you!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 07:25:45 PM
Hey girls, maybe you should open a thread for tattoos, un case there isnt one yet? ;)

And Miho, I already told you that I guess, but I am really glad that you seem to be happy now! :)*huggles*

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 10:43:22 AM
Hey girls, maybe you should open a thread for tattoos, un case there isnt one yet? ;)

And Miho, I already told you that I guess, but I am really glad that you seem to be happy now! :)*huggles*

Cool idea!

Thanks, sweetheart. Although you can just call me Julie XD And I really am happy, I've never felt like this before in my life! The only thing that would make my happiness complete is to finally have a child... But I still have time for that I guess :)
(I've been bitten by the baby fever bug. And it's very very serious XDD)

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 12:35:25 PM
Hey peoples! Long time no see! I usually check back here every 6 months or so and this time there's some activity! Woop woop!

Since last time, I started studying, had a brief depression, got a diploma in graphic design, moved to Stockholm, got a job at an advertising agency and started getting involved in the Swedish e-sports scene on the side. I've been a huge fan of the game Starcraft since the first version came out way back in the day, and the sequel Starcraft 2 has turned into a huge competitive sport among other PC games. I design and write articles for the website STHLM e-sport, and through my work with it I also met my boyfriend. He's amazing and he makes me a better person.

I still listen to X Japan and hide occasionally, but I've sort of lost my passion after all cancelled concerts, promises of going to Sweden that were never fulfilled, Yoshiki focusing on solo projects instead of the IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE etc. But I'm still looking out for a future X concert near me, and now I have enough income to actually travel there even if it's far away.

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 11:21:07 PM
MILLIE, so nice to see you here again!! :DD Welcome back!!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 06:11:38 AM
...Bringing this thread back from the dead, as we're getting more activ around here again...! ;D

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 01:05:46 PM
Alright, I'll pause my lurking for a bit and say hi. Hello, I used to be a member that checked out the forum all the time but wasn't very talkative... Last time I actively participated in conversation here was around the European tour as I attended both the London and Utrecht show with my faithful concert buddy: my dad.
Since then I didn't graduate from HBO Archeolgie (bachelor archaeology) but instead had to quit after 6/7 years because of a burn-out+depression... Something I'm still working on today. I did however found myself a nice rent flat, so I no longer live in a student room :) I also now have a cat, BellaDonna who makes every day a little brighter, even the bad ones.  I've become very active in the Dutch Nerdfighter community and I've started taking sewing lessons.
What else? hmmm. Well I really want to go to the Wembley concert but my dad is not going to be able to afford it so I don't know what I'll do. I might go alone but the thought is very frightening xD. We'll see.

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 01:50:52 AM
Ah, well. . . I haven't really been here for as long as any of you guys have & I haven't really been up to anything except living the NEET/shut-in life so I'll spare you guys my drama. I am, however, happy to read that everyone is doing well & happy with things as they are in the moment. (U w U)

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 09:04:39 PM
I've been doing really well lately.  ;D Today was my birthday and so I ate a lot of sweet stuff and cake. Sadly my BFF is ill. So she could not come over. But I will meet her next saturday.

While I'm away, read this line again...