SE.Forever Love - Last mix
SE.Tears

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:25:02 PM
@denx Just give up the idea of them plying a different setlist during the tour XDD

btw the traditional song that yoshiki played during the piano solo is called "under the lion rock"
(at least if my friend didn't mix up something and all other sources are quoting him LOL)

aaah here it is

[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmMn_QGgtB8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:39:36 PM by AsukaMiyu »

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 01:52:36 AM
probably this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VloLaiiXNrw&feature=related (under the lion rock)

@asuka : yes, should give up the idea of them playing different setlist -___-'

Ex denxdenx

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 05:39:42 PM
btw, Lion Rock is a location in HK and this song is by famous HK singer, Roman Tam, who has passed away.

I think he's trying to play familiar tunes to the local folks, like playing Arirang in Korea. Wonder what he'll play in Taiwan - something by Wu Bai would b nice.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 02:34:51 AM
I really don't understand why people keep complaining about the set lists. Have you guys ever thought about having a think about what other bands do? Most bands that are on tour do EXACTLY the same thing. They create a set list for the tour and perform it at every concert, with slight or no variations. Back in the 90s when X Japan were performing, they were probably doing what they are doing today as well. It is just because we can get information from all these concerts on the tour, like their set lists and video clips, that we have come to expect something different.

A good, current example I can think of is Coldplay. They have been playing quite a lot of concerts before and since their album has been released, and they have also broadcast a lot of them live or later over the internet. I have watched quite a few of them and they all have a similar set list, with perhaps a coulple of different songs played every now and then.

For those of you that completely disagree with me, I wonder: Would you be dissapointed if X Japan came and played in your city, and they performed a similar set list? If so, I think you should consider yourself lucky. I am sure that there are a lot of people on this forum and all over the world that would like to see them play live, even if they play the same set list that they have prepared for this tour...

Just my thoughts.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 05:23:09 AM
@mc:
 I do agree, I went to two shows in Europa, they played the same setlist with little variation and I´ve had a really great time at both concerts, (the one in Berlin was the best show I´ve ever seen), and I was not the only one, the audience was enthusiastic, and the shows were different because of the different venues (they play a very small place with round 1000 people in).
I think the complaining about the setlist has gone to gain momentum, by my opinion

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 12:09:54 PM
I saw them 3 times in Europe and really, I wouldn't care to see the same setlist again LOL Of course it would be nicer to have more different songs, but it's fun with these, too. :P

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 07:06:04 PM

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 08:56:39 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZTgk0k6Qc[/youtube]

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 11:15:51 AM
It would be unfair if in Asia for example they play another songs. I think everyone want to see them and listen at live all songs.
The perform in Berlin was for only 1000 people!? O.o I thougth around 2000-3000
Back to set list, in the other hand, if I were some japanese guy and have seen them many many times, the same set list may be boring.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 11:38:46 AM
1000 of people? It sounds fantastic, really.. I miss huge stadiums, TBH. :)
Different setlist would be fun, but maybe they just want all the fans to get the same material or smth...

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 12:41:52 PM
@eda: no, in Berlin there where around 3000 or so, because the venue was nearly sold out, but in Utrecht the played in a very small place, I think we were just about 1000 there, ToshI spoke in his interview (http://www.hearjapan.com/news/interview/Candid_Interview_with_ToshI) about the Tivoli in Utrecht :-)

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 04:42:01 PM
@mc:
(the one in Berlin was the best show I´ve ever seen), and I was not the only one, the audience was enthusiastic, and the shows were different because of the different venues (they play a very small place with round 1000 people in).
I'm sorry, I thought you tell about Berlin.
I never wasn't on any big gig like for 20.000 people, but I think better are more cosy shows, then the contact with members is great and.. I don't know ^.^
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:43:49 PM by eda »

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 11:08:36 PM
X JAPAN 2011 WORLD TOUR LIVE IN HK
http://www.fotop.net/jacksklam/xjapan2011

Offline Rodimus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 11:16:37 PM
Anyone notice how subdued toshi seemed??? His voice sounded 100% awesome....but he did very little movement....Is it the old age? Or just the small stage? or just that they play a show almost every 2 days?  Just something I noticed....

BTW, i thought the show was great! I think because it is so easy to watch all these different tours on the internet and different era's of X Japan that it is easy to be spoiled and want more....I personally wanted to hear more than one ballad but they didn't and I deal with it. I am just glad they are touring and are back together! I have known about them for 10 maybe 11 years now......and so it was worth it being able to see them live. The new songs sounded great the old songs sounded great!

Anyways, I think it is easy to have high expectations for such a great band, otherwise we probably wouldn't be here discussing such things. My other guess about why they don't vary around the world, is because this is their first real world tour and they want to introduce themselves to the world as this "rocking" band, and not so much maybe as a "ballad" band. I am sure if they tour again as they have here that perhaps more variety will come. Not everyone that goes has possibly seen 100 different videos on youtube. I got some friends to go with me, and they only knew a few songs. Anyways.....I really enjoyed the show!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 12:39:30 AM

Wow, is it just me or does Yoshiki sound soooo American in his little speech near the end when he's telling the fans they were the first place they played outside of Japan etc. I've never heard him speak so American-like LOL! Perhaps he's having on going English lessons or something.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 10:03:15 PM
lol, I love that pic with Yoshiki jumping while Sugizo's taking picture of him and smiling ^^ They look soo happy
Thanx, Rafaelo, for the tons of pics ^_^/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:05:21 PM by XVikyX »

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 11:39:01 PM

Wow, is it just me or does Yoshiki sound soooo American in his little speech near the end when he's telling the fans they were the first place they played outside of Japan etc. I've never heard him speak so American-like LOL! Perhaps he's having on going English lessons or something.

not surprised, he is a resident in la la land