• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Out Of Print Material

Neru · 3317

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
on: September 16, 2011, 10:18:30 PM
Like many of you I got to know X through the Internet and thanks to this wonderful thing called free sharing everybody in the world got to know X and many other awesome bands and whether you admit it or not, it was thanks to the world wide web that X, Miyavi and many others get to tour internationally. There is this common cense thing about downloads where everybody advises to get the original merchandise from a band if the download was enjoyed by the user. While I'm slowly building my collection of Cd's from Japanese 80's bands I started to have this question:

As you know almost every X Japan/Loudness/Anthem etc... "early" material is out of print so people who buy this stuff from Yahoo Auctions for example are buying it from people who had previously bought it originally, this means that while we are buying for our own pleasure there is actually no money going to the artist who released this material a long time ago, which means that the only diferences between downloading out of print material and actually buying it is that you are literally spending money on the physical product right?

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:26:11 PM
what do you mean print stuff - books, magazins and so on? If, than yes take it by download if you can get it, if it´s bought once, everything is payd to the artist like you said

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:06:39 PM
Not only that, I think the expression is also applyed to CD's and so on, like Vanishing Vision for example, the guy who sells it for 60€ on eBay is not going to pay royalties to X right?

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 01:41:00 PM
surely not, so not necessary to make somebody else rich, if you don´t need the pysical CD as an collector, download it. If you feel better by download and pay, take that: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=x-japan&x=8&y=17

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:54:26 PM
Nah, I like the real thing best, I'm Planning to buy some Aion next month, thanks for explanation elanor.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 11:17:52 PM
ah, I do understand, sometimes I´m a bit obsessiv too, about physical stuff like CDs and esp. books, don´t know where you from, but I got some stuff not that expensive from ebay Germany, like "hide" Ja,Zoo for € 16 plus shipping was completly under €20, that´s O.K. and for X Jealausy I payd the same I think.
If you are interested in new stuff than check this site    http://www.neotokyo.de/

edit: I just saw that you are from Portugal, (the one who can read is on the inside track ;D), so the shipping cost won´t be that high if you get stuff from Europa
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:21:09 PM by elanor »