X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

It seems that Taiji passed away...........

Wick · 38677

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 03:19:06 PM
What's the importance in the way they died?

of course it matters. An accident is totally a different story then suicide..it says something about Taiji's mental state. It's also important how much one suffered especially for relatives.

The result is the same. And Taiji's mental state has always been unstable, so I suppose there's nothing surprising about it. It matters to an extent, but it doesn't change the fact.

Offline Noise

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 03:24:17 PM
Not another one, not in this way :(
I had my hopes up to see him with X again.

Believe me it does matter a lot to know wether it's suicide or not. Especially for relatives.
I had a close friend pass away earlier this year and for a long time it wasn't entirely clear if it was suicide or an accident. I can't even begin to describe the relief when we heard it was an accident. It may not be able to help with the pain but knowing can put your mind at rest, at least a little bit.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 03:56:46 PM
May he rest in peace! Taiji. Bass god. Nobody could handle a bass guitar like he could!

Thank you Taiji, for everything you offered to X, Loudness, DTR, and all the acts that followed! His time was cut too short.  :'(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWpAV-5NQg[/youtube]

>~X~<

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 04:10:43 PM
taiji
まだまだこれからのアーティストなだけに、泰司の死は残念で仕方ありません。 彼は人生の最期までロックを貫き通したと思います。
ご冥福をお祈りします。

http://www.akiratakasaki.com/index.php?c=2

Offline Orbis

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 04:16:50 PM
http://www.jame-world.com/fi/news-77288-taiji-sawada-on-kuollut.html

The Finnish JaME says that Taiji's relatives decided to stop his life support after he was pronounced brain dead.

Week End, Week End, Week End, I'm at My Wit's End"

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 04:58:33 PM
I saw XplosionOnline's tweet earlier today about Taiji passing away.  It gave me such a shock.  RIP Taiji :'(

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 05:49:28 PM
A true, epic bummer...

I may have a drink in his honor and listen to classic X all day.

I know a simple post on a small forum such as this is nothing to vast greatness that was this man's contribution to the Japanese music scene, but yeah..  May his peace be found.  His life has been a crash course of rock and roll life style, the immense highs and the intense lows.

Now, hide has a jam partner again.  -=raises glass=-

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 05:58:27 PM
I just can`t even process right now.

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 06:26:28 PM
I haven't logged on X-Freaks in a few months but I wanted to offer my most sincere sympathy to all of Taiji's fans on the board. It is hard to think that it had to end this way for such a great musician. Thinking of X a lot today, both the deceased and remaining...

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 06:28:07 PM
No no no! Please no.  :'( I wanted to see him... I concidered going to the Yokohama concerts but in the end I didn't... In 2009 I tried to get tickets to his concert in Tokyo, I couldn't get them... Now I feel I should have tried harder.

Rest in peace Desperate Angel, hide will take care of you. ♥

We're X!

Offline evilmarshy

• Rookie
  • "No more machine guns, play the guitar!"
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 06:30:34 PM
It hasn't stopped raining today, I felt something was fishy. I started watching the Kyoto Sports Valley gig, and I was like oh crap, Taiji, so I came to check, well you know the rest. (Its still bloody raining, fucking "Endless Rain"). This really sucks, but I'm not gonna try and think about it too much. R.I.P. Ultimate Cowboy Bass Master

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 06:38:41 PM
The world has lost yet another great artist... RIP Taiji, you will be missed! ToT

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 07:29:47 PM
What's the importance in the way they died?

of course it matters. An accident is totally a different story then suicide..it says something about Taiji's mental state. It's also important how much one suffered especially for relatives.

The result is the same. And Taiji's mental state has always been unstable, so I suppose there's nothing surprising about it. It matters to an extent, but it doesn't change the fact.

it matters absolutly - leaving your life because you have to face a sentence for a rampage in an airplane, what a waste and for his family and friends what a loss...

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 07:36:12 PM
I wished that. . . it would never come down to that. God, I don't know what to feel right now either. . . I want to be be angry & go punch a wall or something, but on the other hand, I've just been crying ever since I woke up this morning when I heard of this & I just can't stop. I didn't know him personally, but I was inspired by his work with X and he was one of the main reason that I would like to become a bass player.

There are so many things I want to ask, but I just can't because I know that they'll go unanswered. . . the only thing I can say is that I hope he's in a better place now. . .

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 07:53:23 PM
:( Even though he left the way he did, he has finally found peace. It's terrible that it had to happen this way though and I truly wish his family and friends all the best. RIP Taiji, you deserve it....I think I'm going to listen to some classic X all day..

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 08:02:42 PM

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:20 PM
RIP Taiji-Sama, you will be missed but forever remembered in every song you played.

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 17, 2011, 09:41:37 PM
Strange, Yoshiki hasn't said anything about Taiji, even Akira Takasaki has already left his prayers.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 17, 2011, 09:48:50 PM
paralyzed from shock? I´m watching the whole day Yoshikis twitter, but nothing

up to now nothing specific about the funeral, too

shane140

Reply #50 on: July 17, 2011, 09:55:15 PM
This was posted on X boards:
X JAPAN Spain posted the first declarations from Yoshiki
http://xjapanspain.blogspot.com/2011/07/pr...a.html?spref=tw

"I won't believe it until my eyes see it".
"He was a very perturbed person".

Toshi is also in a state of shock about the news.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 17, 2011, 09:59:01 PM
"He was a very perturbed person"
that´s what he says??????? I hope there is a mistake in translation, I can´t believe it..

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #52 on: July 17, 2011, 09:59:28 PM
Strange, Yoshiki hasn't said anything about Taiji, even Akira Takasaki has already left his prayers.

Well, if I had just lost a long time friend, I'm not sure twitter is the first place I'd think of spending my evening :(

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 17, 2011, 10:02:12 PM
@ashtrayxx: I do agree with you on one side, but on the other hand, he must know that the fans are waiting for a statement,
always thought there for is a management

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 17, 2011, 10:13:29 PM
The quote about very perturbed came from the management, not from Yoshiki himself, if I understood the Spanish article correctly.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 17, 2011, 10:22:56 PM
The quote about very perturbed came from the management, not from Yoshiki himself, if I understood the Spanish article correctly.

Ashemanu, really thanx for that, was not able to open the site, and can´t speak spain neither, but it was so strange...
we will wait what Yoshiki will say personnally

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 17, 2011, 10:35:56 PM
Yoshiki doesn't deal very well with things like this...

Despite what people will say about Yoshiki and Taiji falling out... Yoshiki always respected him, always remembered their friendship. There was a time when Yoshiki and Taiji were very close and shared a house, Taiji cooked for Yoshiki.

I also spoke briefly over Facebook with Japanese Guitarist Kyoji Yamamoto (legendary player from bands such as BowWow) and he said that he met Taiji a few times and drank with him, and he seemed very gentle and polite - despite his reputation for being a crazy guy.

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 10:44:28 PM
I haven't logged in or visited X-Freaks since May 2010, but for no reason at all I decided to check in early this morning. I could hardly believe it when I saw that Taiji has passed. I wasn't even able to leave a comment until now, four hours later, because I was just so shocked.

I knew that Taiji struggled in his life, but it's still surprising and sad that it came to this. It may sound awful, but maybe it was a great relief to him.
Either way, it's always devastating when any artist, especially one as great as him, is lost. I really just have no words right now.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 10:47:37 PM
@Beauty/Broken: I know about Yoshiki and Taiji, that´s why I was so upset, couldn´t believe he would say something like this,

Taiji cooked for him and Yoshiki was always the one who put the cap on the toothpaste tube, lol

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 17, 2011, 10:57:31 PM
I think I'll leave my toothpaste without its cap next time I brush my teeth... Anyone else in? :'D

We're X!