• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Sugizo new single MIRANDA

rafaelo · 3141

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:30 PM
Sugizo new digital single "MIRANDA" on sale on June 29. Available on iTunes, mu-mo

thanks for the news.台灣小美

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 02:17:13 PM
SUGIZO post it in your face book
on their single, miranda

MIRANDA
por Sugizo Official, quarta, 6 de julho de 2011 às 09:59

With all the exhausting work involved in our European tour I totally neglected to mention that "MIRANDA,"

an example of the latest version of "SGZ Music," is available to download as of June 29.

It's an electro, Balearic-influenced, ambient, progressive song that features a gorgeous violin and piano.

This song is named after Miranda, one of Uranus' moon.

It has a surface coldness that also contains heat,

which evokes images of the far side of the unfathomable solar system.

For this song I re-arranged a track created in the past by my partner MaZDA, adding violin and guitar.

"MIRANDA" was born through this collaboration,

which involved a miraculous chemical change that was accomplished by combining MaZDA's unique

and trancy track making skills with my melody and mood.

For that reason I think it became a song that shows the new direction of "SGZ Music."

Since I've performed it at shows including last year's C.D.Q.,

I'm sure that some people remember what it sounds like.

I hope for you all to experience this progressive groove track that is overflowing with spiritual light and energy.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to keep on releasing my music for digital download for some time in the future,

so I hope you check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?created&&note_id=162842247118758

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 02:20:22 PM
does that man need no sleep? Or he got somehow more than 24 hours per day?

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 03:48:22 PM
hehehe it's Sugizo, of course the laws of nature don't apply to him xDD no... he definitely exhausted himself.....>.>

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:08:04 PM
SUGIZO – MIRANDA feat. MaZDA
On MIRANDA’s release date, her creator was touring Europe with X JAPAN. Only a day before, her half-sister single Jade had come out and it was perhaps due to all this spectacle that MIRANDA saw the light rather quietly and without the large promotional attention that Jade received.

For the ones that know SUGIZO only from his work for LUNA SEA and X JAPAN, MIRANDA may come as a big surprise. The song continues in the same vein as PRANA and FATIMA, meaning it’s a totally instrumental, electronic song. Again, DJ MaZDA has contributed to this track with his samples and beats.

MIRANDA starts out gently, dreamy even with synthesized strings. The song is named after one of Uranus’ natural moons, and it’s easy to imagine drifting through space with stars and planets moving past. A piano carries the listener further and then SUGIZO’s violin joins in. At first the sound is rather electronic with the bow sounding like it’s scratching the strings. Then, as the electronic beat comes pounding in, the sound of the violin transforms to imitate a rain of falling stars. Soon it transforms again into a more traditional violin sound to play a lovely melody that becomes the red thread of the song while still being backed up by electronic violin sounds. The rhythmical, pulsating beat contributes to the atmospheric feeling of the song and the feeling of space, but also saves the listener from a complete feeling of weightlessness. MIRANDA ends in the same way as she has started, quietly floating away.

Due to the beat and the fact the song is entirely instrumental, MIRANDA is easily accessible for a lot of fans of ambient and electronic music from all of the world as she doesn’t need to battle with any language barrier.

The planning seems a little unfortunate for the single, but hopefully fans will also check out what SUGIZO has to offer as a solo artist. With regards to the environment, the single has released digitally only, and can be purchased from iTunes for only 99 cents.

http://www.jame-world.com/us/articles-77066-sugizo-s-miranda-feat-mazda.html