• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

what happened with the LA PV shoot

Thomas849 · 5185

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: June 02, 2011, 08:40:56 PM
im sure theres already a thread regarding the shoot but i cant find it, so sorry in advance Hypno for the probable redirect lol.

Anyways have i been living under a rock or something? What happened with the 3 or so PV's they got directed in LA last year (or possibly even in '09, its like all that stuff just vanished into thin air, there are little fan made snipits out there but theres no way they can be the full version.

anyways just wondering if anyone had some more info on them.

thanks

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:00:36 PM
LA pv shoot?....sorry, I don't know what you're talking about, does anyone else?

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:46:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXGMZ-xaPDo
This.
Well they have done some PV's...

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 09:49:38 PM
You mean Rusty nail remake... Jade and.... another remake..????  rusty nail 2010 is... on youtube...jade, for a big part too.... and... the other..i forgot but I think i recently saw it on youtube too ^^"

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:22:17 PM
LA pv shoot?....sorry, I don't know what you're talking about, does anyone else?

hahaha....
seems Yochan found a new toy and forgot about the old one

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 12:47:48 AM
Wasted exercise? Hm...I think they would be best to release the new album as a cd and dvd set, including the pvs there.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 09:29:53 AM
There are no official videos out, the Rusty Nail one is most probably an unfinished product, we have only seen clips of the others (Jade, Kurenai and Born to Be Free, which was filmed later).

I imagine they'll be used for promotion of the new album, if it ever should come out. MTV, VH1, stuff like that... Or at least they'll try to.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:40:58 AM
There are no official videos out, the Rusty Nail one is most probably an unfinished product, we have only seen clips of the others (Jade, Kurenai and Born to Be Free, which was filmed later).

I imagine they'll be used for promotion of the new album, if it ever should come out. MTV, VH1, stuff like that... Or at least they'll try to.

^^That and a lot of the footage that was shot was used for the Pachinko that they have.
I'm not sure if any of it was every really set to be released.
Well, except for the footage from the "Fever" DVD that came out in Japan.
Other than that I haven't seen anything else from it!

Hopefully, they do release them (SOON)! *Fingers crossed* LOL
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:45:40 AM by Wakyan* »

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 06:57:04 PM
As far as I understand it the 4 music videos filmed on the roof of the Kodak Theatre was part funded by Sankyo (Japanese Panchinko Company) to tie-in with the launch of their X Japan panchinko machine and part funded by Yoshiki has a publicity stunt (he said at the time it was basically X Japan's business card to evoke potential interest from the US record industry). They releaaed a DVD in Japan called "X Japan showcase in LA", which basically uses the Rusty Nail footage to set the scene of the band arriving on-stage.

As for the video for Jade shot at an LA Theatre, Born to be Free shot at Club Nokia and Kurenai shot at a secret location, their intended use is to be for singles for the new album. The post production on Jade is finished and was a long time ago, Kurenai status is unknown and Yoshiki appointed himself as director of Born To Be Free, so chances are, it's nowhere near ready.

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 10:48:55 PM
Alright lol thanks for the heads up, it had just been so long since i heard anything so i was beginning to wonder lol