• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

About Ann1958

Beauty/Broken · 15738

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: May 26, 2011, 10:02:00 PM
It has came to my attention via Facebook that Ann1958, a forum member and regular poster here, passed away yesterday. She was suffering from lung cancer for quite some time but did not make this fact public.

I don't know what else to say, I'm so shocked and upset by this. I had no idea she was ill, I don't think anyone did - yet she was brave and kind to the end.

I will miss her presence online, and was looking forward to seeing her at the X Japan European concerts.

RIP, Ann.

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:05:18 PM
Oh no D: I am sure she is in a happier place ^___^ She is such a nice person.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:15:13 PM
I miss you
to be at peace now

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:25:04 PM
how sad, I do remember that she bid me a welcome at the club, because of our age, seems it was yesterday...
RIP

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 10:36:11 PM
Thats terrible! So very sad, she will surely be missed very much within the X community. RIP.

>~X~<

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 10:55:21 PM
oh my god D: I was wondering if it was anybody on this forum... that is so terrible, but at least she does not have to suffer from an illness any longer.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 12:11:00 AM
I am so, so heartbroken.

It's so difficult to talk of her having never had the chance to meet her in person before she passed away, and to think of her no longer being with us as her online presence remains.

She was such a nice person, and was always kind and helpful to me when I had problems or was in need. I feel so guilty, for having such minor and petty grievances, and her taking time to comfort me, whilst all along unknown to me she was fighting a major illness and and staring her mortality in the face.

I wont forget her and what a kind soul she was.

Offline sora2252

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • twitter
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 02:30:43 AM
She was my first friend on this forum and one of the first people I ever really talked to about X on facebook. Though I never met her in person I always considered her my friend. Hopefully she can rest with angels now.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 02:38:16 AM
RIP , may god always bless you there

Ex denxdenx

Offline Rafaell

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Mizerable
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 02:39:34 AM
Rest in peace. Rock with Hide.

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 02:46:22 AM
R.I.P.♥~Ann~♥
Your were a very kind person and I will miss our talks.
You are X!

My sympathies are with her family.

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 03:24:12 AM
I remember meeting Ann at the LUNA SEA show and she was such a lovely individual, really easy to talk to and very kind. I am very shocked to hear this news, my condolences go towards her family. RIP.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 06:07:39 AM
This is horrible, I can't believe this... Rest In Peace Ann!! I feel sorry for her and her family. Its so weird, we were only talking with her normally on here what felt like only a few days/ week ago, I used to talk a lot with her on this forum she was and is a great friend.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53:48 AM
I've been thinking... We've lost Maverick and now Ann too, two people who were looking forward to X Japan in Europe more than most of us, who heartbreakingly have been taken away from us and have never got their chance.

We should do something, pay some form a tribute to them, at the X Japan shows. I know there's not much we can do... But they should be there with us, and while they can't be physically we should find a way to remember them or represent them at the European X Japan shows. I know personally in London I'm going to rock out ten times as hard, to not only enjoy the show for myself but for Ann and Maverick too.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 11:58:20 AM
I'm so sorry to read this.  I had no idea.  She struck me as such a lovely person.  I am truly sorry.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 02:33:36 PM
I've been thinking... We've lost Maverick and now Ann too, two people who were looking forward to X Japan in Europe more than most of us, who heartbreakingly have been taken away from us and have never got their chance.

We should do something, pay some form a tribute to them, at the X Japan shows. I know there's not much we can do... But they should be there with us, and while they can't be physically we should find a way to remember them or represent them at the European X Japan shows. I know personally in London I'm going to rock out ten times as hard, to not only enjoy the show for myself but for Ann and Maverick too.

Wow! That is a really good idea!

I was actually thinking that earlier too.....I remember how happy Ann
was about them going to Europe. It is a shame that she couldn't enjoy it. :(

I am still so sad about her passing. Such a lovely women that was so
kind to everyone. T_T She will be missed.

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 04:43:51 PM
I feel deeply sorry for her.. We've met on the Luna Sea concert in Bochum.....I've already wrote down my thoughts on her facebook wall..... That's a real downer to lose another X Freak in such a short time....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 04:45:24 PM by myuu »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 08:23:09 PM
Having had the luck of meeting her once, last year, I can truly say that I'll miss her much. As a coincidence, it was my birthday and though she had never met me before and had found out I was passing through Belgium just a few hours prior she got me a birthday cake. I'll never forget her.

By the way, this is from Kyoji Yamamoto's facebook:
This is from her daughter Lora.
”My mother passed away yesterday, at 9PM. Everything went according to her wishes. She died with a smile on her face. I hope she's in a better place now, wherever that might be.
The funeral will be tuesday 31 may, 11AM in Beersel.”

Kyoji is the guitar player of BOWWOW/VOWWOW, who Ann petitioned to bring to Europe on Facebook and had become good friends with, as I understand.

This is my administrator color.

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 08:49:42 PM
All I can say is that I'm sad... I knew about her sickness, she told me 1 month ago or something like that but she was planning to go to see X JAPAN in the Netherlands... :'( It's been too fast...

About Kyoji Yamamoto, she became good friend with him and wanted him to come to Europe, it was one of her dreams. I hope it'll come true someday so she can see him wherever she is.

RIP Ann

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 07:01:54 PM
I just realised this morning on Kyoji's facebook message that she had passed away :'C She introduced me to Kyoji's music too. I had a few conversations with her on fb, such a lovely person <3

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 01:30:08 PM
This is awful. I am really sorry...
I knew about her passing away from other sources and I did not realize who she was immediatelt, but only today something in my brain clicked and I realized she was actually Ann from X-Freaks.

I agree some kind of a tribute should be done to remember Ann and Maverick.

Pony rocks!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 02:26:12 PM
Hmph... she had told me she was sick and didn't have much time left rather soon after mav's death. This is really shocking. :(
I have to admit that aside from working together on Xplosion and seeing eachother on facebook, I didn't have that much contact with her. :(

As beauty/broken already said, those two were some of the most engaged people i knew. I can tell you, there wouldn't be any xplosion as if it wasn't for mav, and no bring kyoji to europe, if it wasn't ann.  :/ X obviously should have come here LAST summer...

Actually, I'm not sure about a "tribute"... I don't know what we could do. :/ Maybe I'm also a bit turned off tributes "thanks" to the yearly overload of hide-stuff everywhere. :P
Anyway, I'm very sure that they will be at the concerts with us, though, even if not physically. They WILL be there. :)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 08:14:10 AM

Today she would have turned 60.

positively unsure。

Offline REM ~Piscean Dreams~

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 02:12:20 AM
Death is such a cruel thing......I'm so sorry to here of what's happened. My condolences go out to every X-Freak affected by this tragedy. Being a newbie, I've never had the chance to talk to her. Let's just hope she's with hide, now.  :'(