Silent Jealousy
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HngFi5w_54[/youtube]

Kurenai
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDB7dG9EkL8[/youtube]

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 02, 2011, 08:42:05 AM
Wow, it looks like the band are having such a good time!

To anyone who was there - how full was the venue?

6500 was always going to be a big ask, so I don't think it sold out, but from these videos it looks fairly well subscribed!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 02, 2011, 09:13:05 AM
setlist?

Ex denxdenx

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 02, 2011, 09:20:05 AM
1. (SE) JADE
2. Rusty Nail
3. Silent Jealousy
4. DRAIN
5. SGZ Violin Solo + Kurenai
Toshi & Yoshiki MC
6. BORN TO BE FREE
Yoshiki Piano Solo
7. I.V.
8. X
ENCORE
9. Endless Rain
10. ART OF LIFE

Offline sanorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 02, 2011, 10:40:55 AM
Wow, what a surprising setlist! I've never seen them playing that exact setlist before! :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: July 02, 2011, 10:53:47 AM
Toshi's singing better than he did in London though (not that he was bad in London, he sounded awesome) they could swap art of life with rose of pain sometimes though.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 02, 2011, 10:59:35 AM
oh.. Is it just me, or Yoshiki really has lost some weight? Maybe it's just an illusion produced by bad light *bad makeup?*, but he looks.. not so healthy..
In any case, the blue clothes suit him very well ^^
It's slightly weird to see Pata with the beard x.X
And Toshi's voice sounds so good, I didn't expected it, TBH. Way to go, Toshi! :)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 02, 2011, 12:34:35 PM
Hi guys, here's how my experience of the Paris concert went...  ;)

My friend and I arrived around 6AM, there were already 50+ people there who had camped outside. So we sit in one of the lines and started waiting. There were two English girls in front of us, a goup of Spanish people, and some French people I think. The morning was quite nice, everyone was chilling and we were all so happy to be there. Things started getting more ectic in the afternoon. Around midday we could already see groups of peolple gathering around the barriers wich formed our line. At 2PM people started moving, in the other queues people just sat clother to each other to make room for the people arriving. In our queue, the groups which where outside our line jumped across the barriers, shoved the spanish people outside of the line and took their place. The French girls who had organized the camping tried to get them back in the line, and these people just started to scream at them and insult them. At this point, we all had to stand because we were around 40 between barriers which were meant to hold 20 people. So basically, all of the foreigners who were there before us got pushed out the line (or went away of their own because of what was happening), and we only had loud drunk French people in front of us. Needless to say we didn't really enjoy the next 5 hours.

When we got inside of the hall, we managed to find a spot not too far away from the stage, in the center. Then there was 1 hour and a half of waiting, and I could hear people saying they would get things to be "violent" when the concert started (French, again). My friend and I are both girls, and we were surrounded by guys. So I told her we should try to get at either end of the hall if things got out of hand, because that's were things are calmer in most concerts. Then the concert started. As soon as the band got on stage, the pushing started and the guys around us started elbowing everyone. I'm very short (everyone around me was at least 15 cm taller), so from the second song on I had my face in someone elese's body and couldn't  move a finger. Since both my mouth and nose were covered, I couldn't breathe anymore. Luckily, Silent Jealousy piano intro started, and people stopped moving for some seconds. So I managed to turn around and get away from the stage. I spent the rest of the concert in the back, were people were much more nicer. The irony was that since I was further away I could see the whole stage, while when I was in the front I couldn't see anything.

Now, about the band... Well, they were absolutely awesome. But everyone probably know that already haha. I won't be able to comment on the music though (or on Toshi's voice or anything else for this matter), because the sound sucked. Like really. I don't know what the technicians did, but I would never had guessed that someone who's supposed to have a diploma could fuck up a set of microphones so much. Basically, the drums were too loud,  we couldn't hear the guitars, and we could only hear Toshi's voice when there was no music playing (or when he was screaming very loud). But the sound was a bit better in the back than in the front, so I'm guessing the people in the stands had a better experience.

I think that's it, the hall was almost full (I think there were maybe a hundred empty seats in the stands, that means an audience of 6200 instead of 6300), and except for the people who were in the front I think everyone enjoyed the concert a lot. Oh, and Yoshiki did seem thinner than I remembered him to be (you could see his ribs all of the time).

So, in a nutshell : the band was awesome, the sound sucked, and I hate French people.

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Forever Fades

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 02, 2011, 01:06:02 PM
Thanks, as a French gentleman I salute you, you cunt.

Sound was also relatively good, you just had to have ear filters in.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 02, 2011, 01:13:15 PM
I find it interesting how they played songs such as Rusty Nail and Kurenai in Japanese in France, as opposed to English in London. Was this purely because they solely associated England with the English language market as opposed to the rest of Europe? I find that a little strange given that the most prominant language in Europe is English as a second language.

Also, regarding the sound - it's never a particularly easy thing to sort out, given that the sound is mixed at the sound desk, which is usually at the back of the audience in an optimum position from the speakers as to get the best possible sound. The engineer at the desk will mix depending on what he hears at the desk, which means that everyone else in the concert hall will get a less than optimum sound given that your personal sound experience is entirely reletive to where you are staning in relation to the speakers.

So basically, if you goto a gig in a fairly small and enclosed venue - you're best going to the back of the audience or into seated if you want to hear the clearest sound.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 02, 2011, 01:23:15 PM
its surprise me they didnt play rose of pain for paris audience   O.o

Ex denxdenx

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 02, 2011, 02:05:41 PM
@ beauty/broken: thanx for your adwise about the sound quality, goin to Utrecht show tonight, a very small venue and it seems I can take it slowly, if the music sounds better in the back of the hall, that will suit me fine ;D

and about the languages, curious, what they will do in Holland and Germany, :P

@Ashura Shadow: thanks for your report, I hope you will see one of the other concerts with a better sound :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:30:44 PM by elanor »

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 02, 2011, 02:14:06 PM
Thanks, as a French gentleman I salute you, you cunt.

As a French lady, I will not salute you back. Funny how you're the first person who went to the concert to tell me the sound wasn't horrible, too.

Also, regarding the sound - it's never a particularly easy thing to sort out, given that the sound is mixed at the sound desk, which is usually at the back of the audience in an optimum position from the speakers as to get the best possible sound. The engineer at the desk will mix depending on what he hears at the desk, which means that everyone else in the concert hall will get a less than optimum sound given that your personal sound experience is entirely reletive to where you are staning in relation to the speakers.

So basically, if you goto a gig in a fairly small and enclosed venue - you're best going to the back of the audience or into seated if you want to hear the clearest sound.

I agree with you, it's the impression I had : in parts of of the hall you could hear clearly enough, and in others you couldn't hear anything. However, it's the first time I've been at a concert where this "effect" was that bad.

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #74 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:50 PM
I was in the 4th row on the "balcony" and I think the sound was more or less ok. I mean I could've used earplugs, but nothing too bad... I could hear most of the stuff well. Except for some guitar sound problems towards the end.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 02, 2011, 07:33:44 PM
Paris rocked! I was on the third-ish row on Patas's side. Much less pushing so I could actually breathe! :D ...And Yoshiki jumped on top of us. He came right in front of us and just as I thought I should get a picture he jumped on us. :'DDDD He smelled good. <3 x333

We're X!

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 02, 2011, 11:50:19 PM
more stuff
on the show in Paris
http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000071268

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 03, 2011, 01:02:13 AM
Paris rocked! I was on the third-ish row on Patas's side. Much less pushing so I could actually breathe! :D ...And Yoshiki jumped on top of us. He came right in front of us and just as I thought I should get a picture he jumped on us. :'DDDD He smelled good. <3 x333

look at the pic rafaelo posted in that link, maybe you find yourself in one of them :D

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 03, 2011, 01:06:13 AM
elanor
YES REALLY

Funny on tour in South America
are talking to can not go with anything
to take pictures or filming
but on tour in Europe, many people
this filming and taking pictures

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 03, 2011, 01:20:47 AM
that´s a bit amazing for me, because in the beginning often was told, also here in the forum, that many venues don´t want the visitors to take pic or video, same said, that you can banned from the concert, later it was told, if it´s o.k. for the band, than it will be no problem, so it seems to depend on the artists,
I know it was quiet easy with Miyavi and strictly forbitten at the Luna Sea concert, and I heard that Mana Sama is very anal with taking pics in his show,
so I think you can take pics to when you go the the concert
and don´t forget your sunglasses, they are so shiny esp. Sugizo and Toshi - bling,bling ;D ;D ;D

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 03, 2011, 01:44:04 AM
OK friend
thank you for the explanation

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 03, 2011, 09:43:12 AM

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 03, 2011, 10:19:55 AM
Really cool pictures, thanks all for the videos, reports and links :)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 03, 2011, 10:33:01 AM
Art of Life

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7nIhVj0exQ[/youtube]

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 03, 2011, 11:00:51 AM
I think I found myself in one of the photos! :D It was a great idea to take the pink wig, more easy to spot myself... Here, under the hide plushie I think it's my face. :---D

We're X!

Offline Floschu

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Reply #85 on: July 03, 2011, 12:20:05 PM
While sitting in the train rushing back to Germany I’m writing down these two days of Paris. Till Thursday it wasn’t clear whether I could take the opportunity to see X-Japan or not due to some bad and wired circumstances.  Anyway it was a closely schedule I had because German school system is an asshole. I was only able to go to a concert when I don’t miss any school, so the Paris Concert was the only chance. After a maths exam in the morning I sat in the train to Paris at about 1 o’clock.  Everyone who has ever travelled with the “Deutsche Bahn” knows that you shouldn’t take their schedules too serious. But I did. I was supposed to be in Paris at about 5 pm. Zénith’s doors are supposes to be opened at about 6 pm. ( Well they said it in the internet). I left the train at about 5.30 pm.  It started to become stressful. The hotel rejected my credit card. It was the second time this happened to me in France, when it happened the first time I phoned Visa and they were sure it would work again. Well, while I was standing in this little hotel lobby I suddenly had to think at the movie title “there will be blood”…. Well, not before Monday. The reception desk guy was a bit rude till he recognized that I fluently spoke French. I hadn’t enough cash with me it was about 5.50 pm. and I had to find an ATM.
Luckily the hotel was really near to the Zeníth so I arrived there at about 6 pm. With about 10 euros in my pockets…. the rest had the hotel.
The first X-Japan related thing I saw was a small red haired girl wearing an “Xplosion” shirt, she looked also a bit stressed but now I knew I was right.
The queue was long. La Villette, the park were the Zenith is located, is big, but the queue went totally through it.
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting
I started to become thirsty; I actually wanted to buy some water and food…. I started to hate the “Deutsche Bahn”
I started to hate my shyness; the two guys in front of me seemed to be nice, everybody seemed to be nice….
When I finally got in it was amazing. Seeing this fucking crystal piano ,which you only knew from bad or less bad quality Youtube snippets, in real is an amazing feeling. I come from a village in southern Germany where everything is mainstream. And if something is different, it’s automatically strange. Now here were about 4000 other fans, suddenly you know, you are not alone! The atmosphere got better and better, and then it started.
No other band has this talent to take fans. To move them and to give them the feeling their part of the band. I regretted it, that I bought a seating place to my right there was a guy who was just there, he did really nothing, just sat there…. To my left there was a girl who smelled like oranges. Everytime I smell oranges now, I have to think at this concert :D
But they also were very calm.
X were fucking loud! Even I had hearing protections in my ears! While Jade and rusty nail the block in which I stuck was very calm.  The sound was terrible!  But I don’t think it were the microphones. Probably it was the room.  The bass was really loud Pata wasn’t loud enough. The Zénith is known for his bad acoustic. Don’t know why you have a concert hall with bad acoustic…. strange

Till Kurenai really nothing happened here….. But then, it was like someone opens a valve. When Toshi shouted “Kurenai da!” the block went crazy. But Kurenai in English isn’t the same! Maybe it’s just I’m not used to it, but I sounds “wrong”. When the chorus became Japanese again, the audience started to sing along a lot stronger. I hope the band recognized this sign. Another very touching moment was I.V. Hearing about 4000 voices singing along a song is just incredible! You can’t describe it. It’s not like a choir; it’s more individual, just fantastic. Also Endless rain, which is even touching when you hear it on Youtube . Being a part of this, again, incredible!
Toshi’s voice improved a lot; it was strong all the time, he hold notes in a pitch…. Wow! But after X I was totally out of any power. Being awake since 5.30 am having a maths exam and runnig through Paris demanded their tribute.  The sing along at I.V could have been a bit longer.
I couldn’t buy any merchandise because I was blank after that Credit card issue…. Grrrrr!
All in all, too much to put it into so less words, but I didn’t want to make it too long 
A great concert, a stressful trip.
The band should keep their Japanese songs Japanese. They were always known as being absolutely not mainstream, but by translating their songs Yoshiki pays a too high price I think.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:27:23 PM by Floschu »

Offline Devotion

• View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 04, 2011, 10:51:17 AM
Here's some photos from Paris gig !

http://www.pixophil.fr/index.php?/category/994

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 04, 2011, 05:51:46 PM
Cool pics, here two more I took in Paris:

Offline rafaelo