Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London - June 28th

Sander · 95043

Offline sanorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Yes, both. T-shirt 20 pounds, yoshikitty about 60 i think.

The yoshikitty was 65 pounds. Way too much in my opinion.

Sadly no.  I would've liked to hear how it was live though.  You can find the setlist on Xplosion-Online's website

Or just say is the same setlist than all the North American tour concerts. xD

Offline evilmarshy

• Rookie
  • "No more machine guns, play the guitar!"
    • View Profile
I'll talk about my personal report on the concert, pretty damn good. Waiting in the line was long, but it didn't seem that long. (Thanks to the guys who offered me and my bro cookies and thanks to the guy from xplosion who redirected us to the correct line). I enjoyed the concert a lot, I thought the length of the X concert itself was fine, and I also think the breaks and solo's were a fine length. I wouldn't talk about making them shorter, I would have instead made the Japanese Voyeurs shorter because frankly they were crap. I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't for two reasons:

1. About an hour before the concert my glasses broke and I couldn't repair them, so it was like watching it with cataracts.
2. I hardly saw Pata (I think just during the encore that I saw him) because there was some guy infront of me swinging his fists around.

Getting to the actual venue was a laugh, we planned to walk from victoria to shepherds bush. I printed off maps before hand, but you remember that really bad rain? Well yeah, you know what happens. We managed to make it walking though, took us like 3 hours.

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I had a really great time in London. Me and my dad left Monday morning very early but unfortunately we had very bad traffic the whole day we didn’t arrive at our hotel until after 20:00. We did stop a few times for lunch and dinner but it was a very long day! Tuesday we went to Camden Town and then went to Shepherds Bush around 5. We had some dinner and joined the line. It was very long then! But it got longer as we waited. I didn’t mind to much though, I like going to concerts but I don’t like being crushed.
I’m also not very big so I couldn’t see much but the energy was great and the music good (we missed the support band because they let people in way to slowly!).
Wednesday we had another day in London, we went to the Jewish Museum and walked around in West End. Thursday we went back to the Netherlands and again, very bad traffic… there seemed to be a curse on travelling for us xD. We arrived at my place around 21:00, my dad wasn’t home until 23:30…
Friday I had a school presentation and after that presentation I went to my parents because my dad and I also went to the Utrecht gig yesterday.

I really loved both concerts, they are definitely in my top ten of concerts!

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline creme_egg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I cannot get over how amazing X Japan were! I was in so much awe! I'm so glad that I spent the money and went to see them, but i really hope they come back again!

Didn't anyone else cry? >_<"

-f

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Does anyone know the 2 blonde girls from Estonia that were in this live?? XD
They owe me a photo from St. Pancras station....^^;;;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
For anyone interested, a torrent for an audio bootleg of the London show has been uploaded onto Demonoid.com. I had a quick listen, not great quality but those who were there might enjoy it as a keepsake of the night. and those of us who weren't there can hear what we missed out :-(

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
matter of primalnoise
about the show
http://www.primalnoise.com/node/162

Offline creme_egg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
matter of primalnoise
about the show
http://www.primalnoise.com/node/162

Thanks so much!
I saw this on livejournal as well actually. I love that pic of Heath! :O

-F

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Does anyone know what song was used in the intro?

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
thanx for posting that,
sounds that the London live was a bit different from the one in Utrecht and the Berlin one, wich I enjoyed that much...and I do absolutly agree with the point of ToshI pronouncing Yoshikis name wrong, please ToshI don´t do that anymore, it sounds awful...

So you lucky guys and girls in South America and Asia you still have the concerts in front of you (I´m a bit envious, yes am)

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
thanx for posting that,
sounds that the London live was a bit different from the one in Utrecht and the Berlin one, wich I enjoyed that much...and I do absolutly agree with the point of ToshI pronouncing Yoshikis name wrong, please ToshI don´t do that anymore, it sounds awful...

So you lucky guys and girls in South America and Asia you still have the concerts in front of you (I´m a bit envious, yes am)

I think he does it as a joke. From what I gather the rest of the band make fun of him because people in America can't pronounce his name properly. He did it in the LA show too, he was like "Here is Yoshiki (pronounced correctly)... Uh, I mean here is (laughing) YO-SHI-KI"

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I thought about something like that, but it´s really a one or two time joke, but maybe it´s only me, it sound that inconvenient to me  :P

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
AFAIK, "Yo-Shee-kee" is so right as "Yoh-shiki". Some people already told me that japanese words don't have highest syllables.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
no, it´s Yosh-ki

Offline Tsubaa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
no, it´s Yosh-ki

Acutally, Joker is right. There are no stress syllables in Japanese. Though 99% of Japanese will pronounce the name as Yoshki, Yoshiki is quite allright and would make a three-syllable word in a song lyric. (Note, there is a difference between Yoshiki and Yoshiiki, the latter being wrong and actually having four syllables)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
You are supposed to pronounce the i between the h and the k, but it should sound almost silent.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Yoshiki Interview at London England
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXYku_zRFW4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfw7GKQnU6w[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSzlfHNXEzU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vS88_dVgQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI9OpttXfzM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjVzMVeO6aU[/youtube]

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener