• View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 09:08:05 PM
jade's got a pretty good solo

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 11:30:16 PM
jade's got a pretty good solo

I adore it, it's chromatic, but I just dig the furious playing Sugizo brings to the table and also the harmonizer guitar pedal he's using for it. It's a total rock-out moment which I think suits the song down to the ground.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 03:24:09 PM
I think silent jealousy will be on the new album; they played it in english at the Wiltern show.

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 04:08:30 PM
don't think....don't put your hope too high...just wait and see..

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 11:25:34 PM
I think silent jealousy will be on the new album; they played it in english at the Wiltern show.

And then reverted back to Japanese. I guess they tried it and didn't think it worked...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 03:03:32 PM
You're forgetting that they played the english version a second time on the last show of the tour.

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 12:10:15 AM
What? I thought they played the English version in the Vancouver and/or Toronto shows. Well, maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm hoping they only reverted to playing the Japanese version because Toshi found it difficult to memorize the new English lyrics.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:12:16 AM by blue_roses »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 02:26:36 AM
Nope, they played it on the final New York Roseland Ballroom show as well =).

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 05:57:47 AM
Haha, whoops. You're right. Just checked the youtube clips and indeed he's singing in Japanese in Toronto and English in New York. I guess my memory isn't what it used to be. :P

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 21, 2011, 04:28:07 PM
Am I the only one who don't like the idea of rerecording old songs in english?
I was listening the english Kurenai from NA tour. It is TOTALLY weird. Same for Silent Jealousy, which is "partially" in english.

They became what they are with japanese songs. Look at Luna Sea, they did a World Tour without songs in english (and without cancellations, l0l) and was successful. Why X need this?

Check NA tour videos... Rusty Nail in english, nobody following because nobody know the lyrics, but everybody screams "Oh Rusty Nail", the only part they know. Bizarre.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 21, 2011, 04:52:04 PM
I'm perfectly fine with Silent Jealousy and Rusty Nail in english, they're great, but Kurenai just isn't working. Firstly because of the lyrics they chose Toshi can't sing that really high/wail note on "nanika ni owareru you" anymore. And the rest of the vocals sound really tame, seriously, every time Tohi sings the english version of Kurenai he sings it in a really tame way with no aggression, its not just the fact that he doesn't use any kind of rasp/raw vocal at all, even the last live version sounds aggressive compared to the new english version. Toshi just sings it in a far too safe calm/boring way, and the fact that he sings it the same every time suggests to me that that's basically what the new studio track sounds like.

This is one of X Japan's biggest metal songs, and one of the only ones anyone gets to here live anymore, put aggression back into it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:57:24 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline evilmarshy

• Rookie
  • "No more machine guns, play the guitar!"
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 04:57:00 PM
Am I the only one who don't like the idea of rerecording old songs in english?
I was listening the english Kurenai from NA tour. It is TOTALLY weird. Same for Silent Jealousy, which is "partially" in english.

They became what they are with japanese songs. Look at Luna Sea, they did a World Tour without songs in english (and without cancellations, l0l) and was successful. Why X need this?

Check NA tour videos... Rusty Nail in english, nobody following because nobody know the lyrics, but everybody screams "Oh Rusty Nail", the only part they know. Bizarre.

It doesn't bother me too much. Hold on, I always get confused, didn't english Kurenai come 1st?, like in their old club gigs and in vanashing vision?. To be honest I think re-recording the songs in english will break some of the western ignorence which I've come across. "Bahhh, it's in japanese, they're called X Japan" now you can reply to your friend "Well, that's where you're wrong" Though, either way it doesn't bother me if the songs are in english or japanese.

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 03:00:27 AM
Well, technically the Vanishing Vision Kurenai is in "Engrish." :P I find the vocals flow better in VV (and Japanese) Kurenai. In the latest Kurenai it sounds he's singing the words at a faster beat? It's a bit awkward at first and takes some time to get used to but it doesn't bother me too much. Besides, I miss the beginning where Toshi's singing in English with hide's guitar playing in the back more than the lack of Japanese lyrics. The new intro's great and all but it just doesn't have the same melancholic and lonely feeling.

I think there's nothing word with re-recording old songs in English as long as the melody of the vocals is roughly the same.  I mean, yeah, it's gonna be different than what we're used to so it's gonna sound "weird" but what's wrong with that? I think it's possible for re-recorded English songs to sound even more superior than their Japanese counter-part. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:39:49 AM by blue_roses »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 08:22:51 AM
they haven't really acieved mainstreqm success outside Asia, which is what Yoshiki wants.

This is my administrator color.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 09:56:19 AM
they haven't really acieved mainstreqm success outside Asia, which is what Yoshiki wants.
I think they should trust us fans, it´s not a question of understanding the lyrics if you like the music or not and today is very easy to get proper translation from/in any language, so no reason to let us wait much longer for new material, Yochan ::), and may be it will help seeing that the tour last year was successful and this one was nearly sold out in about a week

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 01:08:20 AM
Haha, we're still gonna be waiting whether they decide to record in Japanese, English or Russian. :P The NA and Europe tours are probably backed mostly by fans who knew them before lollapalooza and Yoshiki wants to reach audiences beyond this niche (aka. the mainstream population, like Hypno said). 

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 09:58:19 AM
In russian - that would be cool, but please don´t tell Yoshiki, otherwise we have to wait for ages :P

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011, 10:01:18 PM
Well, I wouldn't mind listening to Toshi sing in Russian either. XD I can almost imagine it...

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 09:17:28 AM
I personally don't mind if they re-record songs in english but as long as it's not the main focus of the cd I'd be happy.

What I would love to see is a mix of both older re recorded songs and newer english and maybe a few Japanese tracks would be awesome.

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 06:21:47 PM
yoshiki stated in his twitter that he is writing a dark and heavy ballad, looks like there is a new song.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 09, 2011, 07:05:36 PM
He should stop writing and star releasing ;)

Seriously, I'm happy he's working on more new material.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 08:45:48 PM
He should stop writing and star releasing ;)

Seriously, I'm happy he's working on more new material.

jepp, anyone here, who is near enough him to tell him so and will be answered? :P

Offline Jill1808

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 09, 2011, 08:51:51 PM
Hm, could be that the new song is for his solo project Violet UK and not for X Japan. Didn't he say something about the new album being almost finished?
Something along the line of 95% of the album is already finished I think. So still writing songs for that album seems a bit odd to me.

Well I hope they have a mix of english and japanese songs. :)

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: May 09, 2011, 09:16:56 PM
well if he wants to stay true to the latest release date (summer if I remeber well) the recordings should have already been finished and post production at least somewhat advanced.

Anyway he should indeed start releasing material and specially Jade before he goes off radar again, and Scarlet should be almost ready by now because Buddha is released on the 28th May, my guess is we listen to it before Jade itself.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 10:16:47 PM
Something along the line of 95% of the album is already finished I think. So still writing songs for that album seems a bit odd to me.
The album has been 95% finished for about two years now

hi there

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 10:47:21 PM
The album has been 95% finished for about two years now

and it will stay in this status quo for the next few years :-\, then again, I never thought I will see them in a concert and now they do come to my home town... hmmm, always have a surprise in the store :D

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: May 10, 2011, 05:46:27 AM
I do wonder about the new songs he is working on, my guess one might be a tribute to the disaster. I am still waiting for the original "single" release we were suppose to get but haven't yet. We'll we can look forward to all the concerts they are planning

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 10, 2011, 12:41:56 PM
There's no production cohesion to anything X Japan are doing, from what the most recent released audio suggests (in the background to the European Tour video) Yoshiki hasn't even recorded drums for Born to be Free yet - yet they're already booking more tour dates.

To be honest, I think the more new material the better. The 50% old songs, 50% new songs idea was stupid, especially given that only the vocals of the old songs were being re-recorded. There's like no production cohesion there what-so-ever, imagine Dahlia, which was basically a 1993 - 1996 singles compilation, but instead spread over 20 years. Normally when you release an album the songs fit together, they've been recorded around the same time, mixed by the same engineers, the drums sound the same, the album has a distinct feel to it - just like Blue Blood and Jealousy, and now imagine an album with a song recorded in 2011 next to a song recorded in 1988 with 2011 vocals slapped over it - it's just going to look half assed and sound terrible.

Offline SamuraiSx

• Rookie
  • tell me someone tell me..
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: May 10, 2011, 08:44:55 PM
It's great that they are still working on new song and album even such chatastrophe was in Japan...I am really proud of them they are helping in many ways to their people *.* and still working and creating music :)
they are amazzzzzing <3
and Yoshiki writted on twitter that he is writing new song, balad, dark & deep ..he said that ^^

Silent Jealousy..
kanashimi ni midarete*
*ENDLESS RAIN
~BORNtoBeFREE

Offline SamuraiSx

• Rookie
  • tell me someone tell me..
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: May 10, 2011, 08:55:09 PM
There's no production cohesion to anything X Japan are doing, from what the most recent released audio suggests (in the background to the European Tour video) Yoshiki hasn't even recorded drums for Born to be Free yet - yet they're already booking more tour dates.

To be honest, I think the more new material the better. The 50% old songs, 50% new songs idea was stupid, especially given that only the vocals of the old songs were being re-recorded. There's like no production cohesion there what-so-ever, imagine Dahlia, which was basically a 1993 - 1996 singles compilation, but instead spread over 20 years. Normally when you release an album the songs fit together, they've been recorded around the same time, mixed by the same engineers, the drums sound the same, the album has a distinct feel to it - just like Blue Blood and Jealousy, and now imagine an album with a song recorded in 2011 next to a song recorded in 1988 with 2011 vocals slapped over it - it's just going to look half assed and sound terrible.

btw I don't agree with you!
if song is made perfectly it would feet in anytime! no matter how many years passed!
and new performance for old songs will be nice to back memory to those days and to give those songs new stylish too..
I would really want to hear SIlent Jealousy or Rose of Pain!
new songs are ok but old songs are just like some classic it must be there, and new years come fresh version of old songs, it's nicee and interesting too as those songs no matter how many time passed as I said already, they perfectly much in any version especially if it's done by Yoshiki who is master for music and it's perfection.

Silent Jealousy..
kanashimi ni midarete*
*ENDLESS RAIN
~BORNtoBeFREE