• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X-Japan Showcase in L.A. Premium Prototype DVD

ForeverFades · 3573

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: November 14, 2010, 03:12:03 PM
Has no one made a post about this yet?  I just found 'em on Youtube, lord knows how they eluded me or oh so long.  Here's part one of 9- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrHORQnfKnk&feature=related

Also, if anyone could translate this interview, that'd be smashing. =D - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JOHXO8grXk&feature=related

Anyways... It's a super cool collage of the songs they recorded.  I enjoyed it a whole bunch.

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:29:43 PM
Thanks, hadn't seen that:)

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:56:33 AM
Its not bad.. but it sucks that they are charging so much money for such an average compilation of crap. The dvd is around $100 I think which is a disgusting price for what you are getting. They've only got the rough edit of JADE (midi drums instead of real drums), Rusty Nail is the last live version and no born to be free?! Come on guys! Its a NEW DVD. Give us some new content at least! Or lower the price to like.. $30

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 04:22:00 PM
I gotta agree with Bizki there on that it is a bit pricey for something I can just watch on Youtube. >P  As much as I'd like to buy it, 100 for a dvd is kinda redonk... I know they're going through some financial hardships, but that's some silliness.

But, Rusty Nail would be the last live version considering that's what they recorded at the shoot. =P  Also, why would there be Born to be Free?  It wasn't done yet.  This was done in L.A. in January.  That'd be like including Rusty Nail in a Blue Blood Tour Bakuhatsu Sunzen tape.

Anyways... I like the footage, but not gonna cough up 100 bucks for it.  If it was 30, like Bizki said, hells to the yes I'd find a way to get it out here.  Otherwise... Ehhh...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 07:14:30 PM
The DVD pricing is what I would expect from Japan, not just X Japan. And I don't think the pricing is related to the fact that they are having money troubles.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 07:43:22 PM
The whole thing is largely confusing. The majority of the footage they shot for Rusty Nail wasn't used in the final cut, and the theatre shoot for Jade wasn't included at all apart from the 'Making of'. I think there is a little bit of the making of Kurenai at the start, too, but again, it's all largely confusing as to what they're actually planning.

I also don't understand why they used the Jade studio demo as opposed to one of the live versions from Tokyo Dome in 2009, it's completely out of place given that all of the other songs are live versions.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:22:44 PM
The whole thing is largely confusing. The majority of the footage they shot for Rusty Nail wasn't used in the final cut, and the theatre shoot for Jade wasn't included at all apart from the 'Making of'. I think there is a little bit of the making of Kurenai at the start, too, but again, it's all largely confusing as to what they're actually planning.
Umm no. We haven't seen the final version of the Rusty Nail PV yet, nor have we seen most of the Jade PV (only what's up on http://legend-x.jp). I don't know when they plan to eventually release those but yup...

This is my administrator color.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 07:41:54 PM
ForeverFades: They done an english version of Rusty Nail on the tour so I assumed they would be promoting the english version. I wasnt sure what they done at the shoot but it would have been nice if they actually performed Rusty Nail live at the shoot and used that audio instead of using audio i've heard hundreds of times already. And while they didnt record born to be free at that LA shoot, they did at the yoshiki foundation party thing at the nokia studio, they could have included that on there surely? That was recorded back in july.. its now november.. the dvd came out at the beginning of this month.

but yeah, the annoying thing is the rough edits and shit they used. If I win the lottery, i'll go for it.. but i'm not paying full price for it given the random mix of shit on there. Plus my DVDR naughty copy is 93.4% on torrent :P