• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #60 on: July 21, 2018, 08:56:52 PM
Old topic revival ahead! :D

So my first language is german, because I am from germany. :D

Obviously I also know some english.  8) I learned french in school for four years, but I seriously can't remember a lot of french. I basically just know how to say 'Salut. Common cava?'. I also had spanish in school for one year and I remember it as much as I remember french....... Hola! Que tal? :D

Then there's also japanese which I tried to learn from time to time on my own, but oh well... we've all tried to learn japanese at one point haven't we? I can read Hiragana and Katakana and say some simple things like how old I am or how the weather is, but that's basically it.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 21, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
My mother tongue is Hungarian. I speak English, and still in the (never ending) process of learning Japanese. I've learned German for 2 years, but I legitimately forgot everything. Ok, I remember this: Ich weiß nicht  ;D Haha
 Ps: wanna learn Russian sooo bad!!!!!!

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #62 on: July 21, 2018, 09:41:52 PM
Ich weiß nicht

<3 best german words.

Or

NEIN!

I'm german. I can speak a little bit of these strange english. I've learned a couple of years french. I can speak a few words italian. And a few words japanese.

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 22, 2018, 03:49:02 PM
My first language is spanish. I also speak english and I’m currently learning japanese

Teemeah

Reply #64 on: July 22, 2018, 05:24:12 PM
My native tongue is Hungarian, I speak English, Russian and Turkish, I blabber some Korean and want to learn Japanese. I also have an A2 level Chinese language exam pass, and still understand some spoken Chinese but I can't read much.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 22, 2018, 07:37:12 PM
I love this thread, thank you Kasumi for bringing it back to life! So interesting to see all the languages people here speak!

I lived a good part of my life in the Iberian peninsula, so my native languages are Spanish (castillan) and Portuguese. My family on my mum's side is from South Africa, so we used to speak English at home - she also used to yell at me in Dutch/Afrikaans, but (un)fortunately I never quite learned those  8). When I was in my late teens the recession hit Spain pretty hard and my chances of ever finding a job were slim. I thought of moving to the UK, but decided Germany was cooler and cheaper (yey beer! brezels! sauerkraut!). I spent a year learning the language so I could move there but... plot twist! The college I had applied to rejected my application. I was very bummed, so I moved to France and learned French. I'm also learning Russian (currently intermediate-ish level) because I like vodka find the culture very interesting. I'm also starting Japanese classes in September because I'm a huge fan of shochu and saké X, obviously!

Woah, I can haz admin colour.