Vampires Everywhere to tour North America with X Japan

Sander · 51308

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: September 12, 2010, 01:03:21 AM
Vampires Everywhere, a metal band from Hollywood just announced that they'll be joining up with X Japan for their North American tour as a support band. They have over 22,000 fans on MySpace and over 12,000 on Facebook:

hey there all you vamptramps, fangbangers, metalheads, pop killers, or otherwise music lovers!

J_Killa
[the bands keyboardist] here with some KILLER news about some exciting shows coming up in the very near future with the legendary Japanese band, X Japan.

Here are their official websites (you can listen to sample music on the first two):
MySpace
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Stickam

Source: Vampires Everywhere official Facebook

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:05:40 AM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 01:23:26 AM
I checked out their song on Facebook, I wish I didn't :(

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 01:24:18 AM
Hmm...I was hoping for an X Solo act, but I suppose this will bring in a new pocket of fans to X's crowd.

EDIT: Just checked out their facebook song. Sounds like Atreyu with Autotune. I like Atreyu but hate Autotune.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:26:13 AM by GoskinsVT »

shane140

Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 01:47:31 AM
Autotuned to death. Load of owld shite. They could have picked much better than this. Not that it matters really.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 01:52:31 AM
thank you for the news now is to see if this band is as good as the X

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:53:15 AM
I would hate the crowd to be brought down by the first band before X comes out.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 02:43:47 AM
Honestly I believe that most people will be in the lobby when the openers are playing or showing up late.

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 03:41:05 AM
Meh, I'm gonna try to be front row. Front row for poopoo to open (sorry for any mispellings i'm a bit drunk).

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 03:51:13 AM
The music can take on, but that ugly screaming voice  :o (hurts my ears!!!)

I suppose it is custom in USA to have supporting band...

I really hope there will be no supporting band in their Europe Tour!!!!

Wondering what Ulquiorra will think from that ugly screaming voice?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:57:29 AM by Ann1958 »

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 04:59:17 AM
Listened to a couple of tracks...not liking what I hear. Although on the upside, after this band finishes their less than impressive set, it'll make X's entrance on stage that more epic!

>~X~<

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 05:02:17 AM
too bad this opening sucks
gonna be worst now that i see them 3 times...

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 05:38:27 AM
goddamn it, I can't believe I'm gunna have to stand through like an hour of this crap before X  >:( *sigh* oh well just an other minor setback.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 06:03:24 AM
I'm pretty opened minded with my rock music but REALLY?!?!?!? This is one form of Rock here in america I CAN'T FREAKING STAND.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 06:07:11 AM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 06:08:25 AM
If anyone would like to vent it out I'm in the chat. Trying not to explode.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 06:09:11 AM
X, I am disapoint

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 06:10:14 AM
WHAT THE FUCK YOSHIKI YOU SON OF A. That's bullshit, I paid to see X Japan and ONLY X Japan, the ticket says X Japan, FUCK THIS SHIT

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 06:34:16 AM
Bands themselves very rarely have much to do with choosing the opening act. It's usually the promoter's decision unless the band specifically asks for a particular act.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 06:37:55 AM
Their facebook: "    X Japan was awesome enough to ask us to play with them :) we're stoooked! don't worry though, the dates are far enough apart that we can play some other rad cities on our own in between i bet ;) <3 -J"

.....sadness ensues now.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 06:54:30 AM
@CreepyKlutz
That can still mean "X' management" or "X' promoters" or a lot of other things, really...

But anyway, it's just a opening band, so who cares? o_O; If you happen to like it, it's fine, and if not, well, doesn't matter.

Although on the upside, after this band finishes their less than impressive set, it'll make X's entrance on stage that more epic!
That's the spirit! xD

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 07:18:59 AM
Well, I can imagine they're not going to be pleased with 2000 faces staring back at them with their arms crossed with a "Well, this is what I paid for?" look on their face. WTF.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 07:20:18 AM
@CreepyKlutz
That can still mean "X' management" or "X' promoters" or a lot of other things, really...

But anyway, it's just a opening band, so who cares? o_O; If you happen to like it, it's fine, and if not, well, doesn't matter.

Although on the upside, after this band finishes their less than impressive set, it'll make X's entrance on stage that more epic!

That's the spirit! xD

No it does matter. How fair is it to tack on this shit band a month after ticket sales and a month before most of the shows. We paid to see X Japan and it's pretty fucked up when a completely unworthy band is going to take time away from X on stage...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 07:20:50 AM
@CreepyKlutz

Yeah, that's true. I guess I just kinda expected something different with an opener for X.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 07:32:23 AM
The worst part is that their teeny-bopper fanbase is going to suck up all the remaining tickets and anyone who is an X fan is going to get fucked out of seeing them live.

Seriously, do these guys understand what they've signed themselves up for? Do they understand that they can be around for 100 years and NEVER gain the popularity that X has?

Why this band? Why not a more popular and well-liked band that doesn't remind me of bad scene kids?

IS... is X seriously aiming for those kinds of people as fans? Really?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 07:40:23 AM
The worst part is that their teeny-bopper fanbase is going to suck up all the remaining tickets and anyone who is an X fan is going to get fucked out of seeing them live.

Seriously, do these guys understand what they've signed themselves up for? Do they understand that they can be around for 100 years and NEVER gain the popularity that X has?

Why this band? Why not a more popular and well-liked band that doesn't remind me of bad scene kids?

IS... is X seriously aiming for those kinds of people as fans? Really?

It's never really hit me until this point but I truly fear for the direction of X Japan now. I should've seen it coming with the style of I.V and then the whole Yoshiki-werewolf thing..they are going so goth now...and they can see the twilight/vampire crap is so popular here they figure it's their key to the U.S market...fail.....ugh..I miss the VK days.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 07:47:23 AM
Unfortunately... I'm agreeing with you. They're aiming for those fans so hard they're willing to tag their band in the  same sentence as a band twenty years ago they would have preferred nothing more than to piss in their beers and punch them in the face repeatedly. I'm a bit disgusted in X as a whole--there's aiming for an audience you can reach and target, and then there's this. This is blatantly selling out.

I enjoyed their new music to a point, but if their first single in the US includes the words 'vampire' 'bite me' or something involving that bullshit, I'm out. I will love X eternally, but I will not be able to support selling out to the highest bidder.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 08:06:26 AM
@Sai:

Im gonna guess you dont like Vamps either? lol

But seriously this shit blows. I expected at the most 3 hours of just X and with the breaks Yoshiki likes to take at least a good 12-15 songs but now I have to stomach a band I dont even care about? That means even less time for X to play so a possible 7 actual songs (With guitar/piano solos in between)

*sigh*

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 08:34:47 AM
lol it's just a SUPPORT BAND people!!!!Chill!!

PARTY HARD

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 08:45:51 AM
I don't mind VAMPS as much as you would think I would, mostly because they never pretended to be something they weren't. When I looked at them I knew what I was getting from the beginning--a lot of cover songs and a wanna-be monster theme. I went in expecting that, and I (half-heartedly) got what I figured I'd get. Plus, bands like VAMPS generally only play with the bare-based visuals and they play okay music (that isn't half as autotuned as I would expect.)  When you go to a concert you know that the guys on stage know they aren't monsters and that they're playing David Bowie songs.

My problem with Vampires Everywhere is that they are exactly what I hate about the music industry right now-- they more than fed themselves in with a gimmick, they drowned themselves in it. They make awful music and pretend to be underworld gods. They know their music isn't possibly marketable to most people, so they'll feed it to the only people willing to listen--which are generally generic wanna-be goths.

It's not about the music, it's about the marketing. If they market themselves to be demi-gods and vampires and they get a cult following that then markets into a 'mainstream-unstream', it doesn't matter if they know anything about music or how to play their instrument. I've seen it happen more times than I can count on both hands--I've got family in the industry. It's about stealing the market, playing to what they want rather than playing what you love and the quality is the last thing on that list.  They want to fit in with everything else.

Which is why I'm angry at X--what are they playing at? They're turning toward an audience that honestly cares less about quality and more about what's popular. They're playing toward what the 'mainstream-unstream' wants. These are the guys who shop at Hot Topic and think that they're awesome and their music is awesome, without realizing that they're just like the pop-music market in their consumption of anything that pops up on those walls.

By attempting to get their shit into the mainstream, I fear that X will happily sacrifice their dignity to get on Hot Topic's wall. Will their be less quality music? Will they even care?

Is Toshi going to start talking about slitting his wrists and drinking newborn baby blood and doing it all with a scratch auto-tuned scream?

That gives me nightmares.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 09:01:18 AM
Speaking of Hot Topic...the shockhound interview...should've made the connection.