• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Luna Sea WORLD TOUR!

Guest · 44350

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: January 03, 2011, 01:39:25 PM
great clips Ulquiorra :) and wow...Ryuichi's singing on Symptom sounds less restrained than anything I've heard since maybe 1997 when his voice went 'pop'. awesome stuff.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: January 04, 2011, 11:53:15 AM
The first video is just audio of NIGHTMARE, I think its from the same concert, and apparently it has different lyrics, not sure how much of the lyrics are different though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niUeAvXRupM[/youtube]

Whoa! @ Ryuichi's vocals towards the end of 'Search for Reason'

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zph-tUlzGiQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMqpmkQfN9w[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwpCBaX3_Dg[/youtube]

And Sweetest Coma from the new years eve concert.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WN-yI1Dngs[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:34:11 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: January 04, 2011, 02:42:18 PM
Thanks for the documentary rafaelo.

I really hope Yoshiki was at one of these concerts, maybe it'll make him realise that he needs to really up the quality of future concerts, X Japan have lost way too much of their rock spirit, I understand Yoshiki's condition that makes him more tired then normal, but there should be a few more songs than ten, and he should bring back Week End and Orgasm, they've only played about four proper rock tunes from their first three albums for eight years of their career, and now they go and take out half of that, to replace them with Jade and I.V? They are good songs, but to me they are half ballads. Things need to be change for future X concerts.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wesOWb_UeMU[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:31:33 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: January 05, 2011, 12:27:14 PM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wesOWb_UeMU[/youtube]

Listen to Sugizo's solo! He played it differently and it sounds great Cheesy.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:58 PM
Thanks for the documentary rafaelo.

I really hope Yoshiki was at one of these concerts, maybe it'll make him realise that he needs to really up the quality of future concerts, X Japan have lost way too much of their rock spirit, I understand Yoshiki's condition that makes him more tired then normal, but there should be a few more songs than ten, and he should bring back Week End and Orgasm, they've only played about four proper rock tunes from their first three albums for eight years of their career, and now they go and take out half of that, to replace them with Jade and I.V? They are good songs, but to me they are half ballads. Things need to be change for future X concerts.

Perhaps having a return to Toshi's fountain hair, and Pata's super mohawk will give them the power to play stuff like Weekend and Orgasm more regularly. haha.

But yes, it would be nice to see a return to some older tunes. I personally would love to see Vanishing Love, Stab Me In The Back, and Standing Sex performed live again. Luna Sea pretty much did what I wanted to see X do with a return to visual kei and old tunes. If Luna Sea can bring back older songs, perhaps X can as well.

>~X~<

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: January 06, 2011, 04:29:54 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf5iUpbQuWs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bh4_X1fUtc[/youtube]

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: January 07, 2011, 02:48:16 PM
I'm having problems deciding what I'm going to put my money in when all those releases come out! :S
But seriously, there isn't even a 5 sec prewiev of ANY of the songs? This is killing me! I want to hear them.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: January 09, 2011, 07:18:47 PM
Perhaps having a return to Toshi's fountain hair, and Pata's super mohawk will give them the power to play stuff like Weekend and Orgasm more regularly. haha.

But yes, it would be nice to see a return to some older tunes. I personally would love to see Vanishing Love, Stab Me In The Back, and Standing Sex performed live again. Luna Sea pretty much did what I wanted to see X do with a return to visual kei and old tunes. If Luna Sea can bring back older songs, perhaps X can as well.

You think, it´s a bit like the story of Samson, when his hair was cut, he lost his strength? I hope it´s  not like that,and at first reading I thought, oh no, please let them keep their hair like it is, Returning to former looks is like some people, wich havn´t realized that the ´68 are long gone or mother, who dress like there teenage daughters, very ridiculous. But by the other hand, there are artist and to do something like going back to old times could really entertaining.
I´ve never been to an X Japan conzert, because neither far east nor Amerika is just around the corner, but I went to LUNA SEA in Bochum and the concert was gorgeous, seems the guys on stage have had a lot of fun while doing there work and we, the audience too. So I hope X will come to Europr to, and then we can ask, if we could make a setlist for them. How is this?

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: January 09, 2011, 07:28:27 PM
I think it's possible that X will do the same thing like Luna Sea did here. A One-Night-Only return to their old style and tunes. Maybe a concert which features only songs of their first two albums.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: January 09, 2011, 08:14:42 PM
now that be cool if X did anything like that. Considering how successful Luna Sea were, I'm really hoping for it.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: January 09, 2011, 09:25:34 PM
There is no reason for any band to feel like they can only ever perform there "long gone by, outdated" songs once ever again, its not clear from this concert that Luna Sea wont perform these old songs again, and really, X is basicallly the only rock band that completely abandons every single one of thier old tunes, what's even worse is that "old tunes" to them means almost every song from their first three albums, but their fourth album from ten years ago, oh that's okay.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: January 10, 2011, 07:35:16 AM
There is no reason for any band to feel like they can only ever perform there "long gone by, outdated" songs once ever again, its not clear from this concert that Luna Sea wont perform these old songs again...

Of course there is no reason. But by looking at Luna Seas other setlists since their reunion and comparing them to the Lunacy-Gig, I think it's pretty clear that some of the songs like Shade propably won't be played that often in the future.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying or wishing that a band should ditch their old songs and play only new stuff, not at all.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:27:55 AM by Matthias »

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: January 10, 2011, 06:26:14 PM
...X is basicallly the only rock band that completely abandons every single one of thier old tunes, what's even worse is that "old tunes" to them means almost every song from their first three albums, but their fourth album from ten years ago, oh that's okay.

X hasn't abandoned every old tune really. Alot of the songs they do play regularly are from Blue Blood. Kurenai, Endless Rain, and X are guarantees for every show. Weekend and Celebration are played quite often, and even Blue Blood and Orgasm were performed once since their reunion. Not to mention an acoustic version of Rose of Pain at the Tokyo Dome a couple of years back, and part of Unfinished was performed at the Yokohama concerts. If i'm correct, thats every song from the Blue Blood album with the exception of Easy Fight Rambling. Oh, and of course XClamation for obvious reasons.

Art of Life has also had several performances since the reunion, even if they split it up into two parts during two nights at the Tokyo Dome performances and in Hong Kong. They even brought the second half during the North American tour.

When it comes to Vanishing Vision and Jealousy, thats a different story. They obviously can't really perform Phantom of Guilt since it was written partly by Taiji, and I also suspect thats why they cease to play Desperate Angel and Voiceless Screaming as well. As for Sadistic Desire, Miscast and Scars, I would say they don't play them out of respect for hide, but they do perform Celebration and Drain occasionally, so i'm not entirely sure why.

Silent Jealousy got performed during their first reunion show at the Tokyo Dome, and was also brought for the North American tour, and they're was an orchestral version of Say Anything playing over the speakers while seating people during the North American tour. Love Replica even got played during both nights of the Yokohama gigs.

On the Dahlia album, some of the songs are performed regularly, like Rusty Nail and Drain. The title track, Dahlia has only had one play since their reunion. I'm not sure how often they've played Forever Love, Crucify My Love, Longing, or Tears, but I don't think they've have very much regular play in the reunion.

And then of course they have new songs to perform for the promotion of their new album. So its completely wrong to say "completely abandons every single one of their old tunes...almost every song from their first three albums". You can say that for Jealousy and Vanishing Vision, but they've played almost every song from Blue Blood, and they don't exclusively play songs from Dahlia. In fact, they only perform like half the songs from that album now. Their set lists today include songs from Blue Blood, Art of Life, Dahlia, and new songs. On occasion, Silent Jealousy too. They only album they leave in the dust is Vanishing Vision.

Playing songs from Vanishing Vision and more from Jealousy would be awesome, don't get me wrong. But saying they completely abandoned every song from their first three albums and that they only concentrate on the fourth album and newer stuff is just completely false.

>~X~<

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: January 10, 2011, 06:49:58 PM
You're right Brandon.. But I'm pretty sure that Celebration hasn't been played once since the reunion. Hide's version was shown in the first reunion shows as a "hide solo", and Pata was playing. But the rest of the band haven't played it. And also seems like they have totally dropped out Weekend because the last time they played it was in... the beginning of 2009 if I remember correctly.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: January 11, 2011, 01:43:53 AM
You're right Brandon.. But I'm pretty sure that Celebration hasn't been played once since the reunion. Hide's version was shown in the first reunion shows as a "hide solo", and Pata was playing. But the rest of the band haven't played it. And also seems like they have totally dropped out Weekend because the last time they played it was in... the beginning of 2009 if I remember correctly.

Yea, your right about Celebration and Weekend. But at least they've been played. I personally would have liked Weekend part of the North American tour, but oh well.

>~X~<