Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA - September 25th

Sander · 62266

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Are you using internet explorer, or something more advanced like Firefox?

Video of Toshi talking, he sounds so funny when he' speaking in english, imo its even funnier since you can tell he's reading it off a monitor on the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA6JRNwKTug

Yeah, he's definitely struggling.

I think the the part he struggles with the most is the cadence. The pitch and delivery of what he says isn't right.

Like when he says stuff like "I want to hear... Your voice, okay?" The delivery is labored, but not because he's lost for words, I think he's just struggling with sentence delivery. If you hear people speak Japanese then you'll kind of hear them break sentences apart and deliver quite slowly, especially when speaking in public. I think he's just caught in the habit.

CharonCaori

Poor Toshi. I wish he knew more of what he was saying, you can sort of tell when his spirit is in it and when it's not. Also, I really hope they sort out those sound problems soon... I wonder if they even have their own sound guy?

i try to adobe site but it does not work. when i have instal complete and go to youtube. the site say upgrade flash player.
Internet hate me.
I've been getting that a lot lately on my school's computers. You need to update your internet browser. Download the latest version of firefox or internet explorer or whatever you're using. It should work then.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Toshi obviously doesn't really speak English or doesn't speak it often enough. They have to work on this. BTW, this sort of goes for all of the other members as well. Sugizo is OK because he is making a concentrated effort. But even Yoshiki's English is more like Engrish... After 10 years of living in LA there is no excuse for that. Yes he will always have an accent but there is an obvious lack of active vocabulary which will hamper their song writing in the long run.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
When yoshiki  struggles with english words, all he gotta say is japanese cant pronounce R and yell motherfucker and people will just laugh it off.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
When yoshiki  struggles with english words, all he gotta say is japanese cant pronounce R and yell motherfucker and people will just laugh it off.

LOL  It is kind of funny though because Japanese do have "R" but they don't have "L".
If he can pronounce words like ratsuko, ringo or even sakura, then he should be able pronounce the English "r" s too. Now I can see having a problem with the "rl" combos as in Ballroom. It most likely would come out as "ba-room"

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
To me it sounds and looks more like he is reciting a comical poem  ;D
Nothing poor Toshi, but very hilarious Toshi!!!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
After 10 years of living in LA there is no excuse for that. Yes he will always have an accent but there is an obvious lack of active vocabulary which will hamper their song writing in the long run.

I don't think that will hamper their song writing. Because before he lived in LA he made already very beautiful English songtexts!
I don't critic their English! You should hear mine....Yoshiki's English is fluent, he can even be angry in English!  ;D

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
I'm from Thailand , speak Thai , tried to sing X Japan song with Japanese version before, now I trying to sing English version for have fun in concert.It's freaking difficult >_<

by the way I just saw this clip , Kuranai in Baseball Stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vfffW99RQY&NR=1

Offline Silvia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
xDDD That comment Yoshiki made about the r made me laugh because it reminded me of when I asked a japanese friend to say "Perro pero pelo" XDDDDDDDD Don't know I think it's funny/nice to see them trying to speak your language even if they fail.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
I'm from Thailand , speak Thai , tried to sing X Japan song with Japanese version before, now I trying to sing English version for have fun in concert.It's freaking difficult >_<

by the way I just saw this clip , Kuranai in Baseball Stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vfffW99RQY&NR=1

Kurenai in a baseball stadium! Only in Japan! LOL.

>~X~<

Offline bahbah

• Sunday Listener
  • X Japan Forever
    • View Profile
    • blog
1 english word that I can't say is "film"

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
LOL, im loling because my dad is the exact same way but the funny thing is we are straight up canadian and he still fails at saying that one word "film"

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
LOL, im loling because my dad is the exact same way but the funny thing is we are straight up canadian and he still fails at saying that one word "film"

I speak English fluently (it is my second language, I'm originally from Hungary) but I can't say Vaughan (as in the City of Vaughan) for the life of me! It sort of comes out as Waughan....  So, I can sympathise regarding the accent. It is more about the ease of speaking the language. English doesn't seem to come naturally to Yoshiki even after 10 years in the US. Maybe he does better with Spanish , after all he lives in LA... ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

CharonCaori

LOL  It is kind of funny though because Japanese do have "R" but they don't have "L".
If he can pronounce words like ratsuko, ringo or even sakura, then he should be able pronounce the English "r" s too. Now I can see having a problem with the "rl" combos as in Ballroom. It most likely would come out as "ba-room"

It's not really an "r". It's sort of a hybrid between l, r, and d. My teacher had us all try to pronounce it, and told us where to put our tongues in our mouths. (Weird, huh? He drew diagrams and everything.) He said it's most like the (American-) English word "party", where if you say it really fast it sort of makes a "par-dee" sound. That's the Japanese r. (I think it's similar to the Spanish rolling "r", too.) That, combined with the fact that almost all Japanese sounds end in a vowel make it very difficult for most Japanese people to even hear the difference. I think he did a pretty good job...

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
thank you guys for updating! The concert was really good. Hopefully, the other shows wil l be even better ^^
btw I love Yoshiki's accent ^^' it sounds so nice. *esp when he says roseland ballroom* :D

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I can simply say that as far as concerts go, especially first ones, this one was good.  I didn't expect a perfect show, but I got a damned good one.  There were a few slip ups in Silent Jealousy, which I understand- I don't think I've ever heard Sugizo play that song- and I'm sure legality issues were there, not to mention an unfamiliar American sound crew... This was the first show.  Mistakes will be made and corrected.

I saw my favorite dudes rock out.  I heard the songs I wanted to hear.  Did I hear all the songs I wanted to hear?  Hell no, and the only reason why that is is because the simple fact they didn't play all of their songs in their library. =P

But I came, I got right up front, I got doused with water, I never stopped smiling, and I have Yoshiki's drum stick.  It was a definign night for me.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Thank for you help !   I upgrade firefox and internet explorer the problem remain. I will bring my laptop to a repair shop maybe they can fix the problem. I can not use anything flash or media player.  Damn chineese laptop XD.

Offline ddb2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Random happenings from the show. All credit goes to Yoshikiart @ x-wonderland forum.
http://www.xwonderland.net/viewthread.php?tid=708&extra=&page=1

- Toshi MC: We've gained a lot, but we've lost a lot too. We've been f*ucked and we've been sucked.

- Pata keep on chewing something in his mouth during the whole concert.

- A jewelry design student made each Pata and Heath a necklace, Heath found out that the girl is in the front row, so he wants to pass/throw her a bottle of water which he took a drank out of near the end of the concert, but a tall guy behind her took it from her.

- Yoshiki asked for a staff for a bottle of water, the staff thought he wants water on his piano when he plays it, since that's what he did with his drums, so he poured a bottle of water on Yoshiki's crystal piano, Yoshiki smacked his hands aways, but it's too late. Yoshiki looked so angry! But he can't yell at the staff since they are performing. He asked Toshi for the mic "The pyrotechnic just f*ucked up my piano!" and started wiping the piano with a clothe himself. I bet the staff will get his punishment backstage after the show.

- People in the pit were actually not pushing. I heard from my friends who were at the floor level, people were pushing crazy! Trying to squeeze to the front every single second. One of my friend waited more than 10 years to see X live, instead of enjoying the concert, she spend the whole concert thinking why she has to suffer the pushing and squeezing, when is the concert going to end so she can get some air, etc. I know everyone is excited and wants to go as near as possible to the members, but pushing and elbowing people would only earn unhappy memories.

- Yoshiki MC (can't remember exactly but it should be close): LA is like my hometown, so I'm so happy to be able to play here. And of course, Tokyo too. My friends won't believe that I'm a musician. I told them I play the drums, and they're like "Right!". And I also play the piano. And I have a vocalist who I met when we were 4, and they're like "Right!".

- Originally, X got the permission to play hide's images at the show. However, hide's family called on the day right before the show asking them not to use any. SO that's the explanation why there was no hide videos.

- X planned to do two shows in a row in LA if the tickets sold out fast, however, tickets were selling slow, so that they didn't add another show. The tickets for Wiltern show was sold out on the day of the show.

CharonCaori

Oh boy, I'm worried about the Roseland Ballroom concert now, since there aren't any seats. I don't want to be suffocated... I also don't want to lose track of my friends...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Oh boy, I'm worried about the Roseland Ballroom concert now, since there aren't any seats. I don't want to be suffocated... I also don't want to lose track of my friends...

You'll be fine, just stay away from the very front. It's a small venue so you'll get a good view wherever you stand :)

CharonCaori

You'll be fine, just stay away from the very front. It's a small venue so you'll get a good view wherever you stand :)
I sort of want to stand there, though... I guess I'll see how long I last. I'll bring my elbows, haha.

UPDATE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqKVnP54u28 JRR posted another video. Different angles, gives you a pretty good idea of what went down. Just get past the screaming in the beginning. =P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:40:02 AM by CharonCaori »

Offline SadisticDesire

• Rookie
    • View Profile
if I was yoshiki I would of punched the pyro guy XD

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
to the guy complaing
its a pit..expect to be pushed

CharonCaori

Look man, I'm not really complaining. I mean, there are pits, and then there are pits where people start tearing each other's clothes off and stabbing each other. I'm just hoping this leans more towards the non-lethal side...

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
My friend got a knife pulled on her at a Dir end Grey concert because she was in the 'coveted front row.'

I'll pass on the front front row bit, thanks.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I'm not trying to get to the front but if I happen to.. and someone pulled a knife? I'm not a violent person by any means.. but I'd make sure that person doesnt try that shit again with anyone. Thats fucking disgusting.

CharonCaori

Holy crap, I was just talking about people with gratuitous spikes. I can't believe someone pulled a knife at a freaking Dir en grey show. The more I hear about those concerts, the happier I am that I never went to any.

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Every concert isn't like that..  But it doesn't matter much where you're standing. I've been poked with fork and bitten many times. And I haven't been anywhere near the front row. But that's what happens if you happen to stand in front of crazy fangirls. But also I've been in the front row and nothing happened, even though there was 20000 people behind me.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
According to some guy on youtube who was at the Wiltern concert:

"i forgot which song was it but yoshiki didnt get a tight grip on one of the drum stick and flew off.....sighhhh

it was also kinda funny when he tried to hit the giant cymbal and he kept hurting his fingers lol"

That's pretty stupid Yoshiki, better not do that again.

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
According to some guy on youtube who was at the Wiltern concert:

"i forgot which song was it but yoshiki didnt get a tight grip on one of the drum stick and flew off.....sighhhh

it was also kinda funny when he tried to hit the giant cymbal and he kept hurting his fingers lol"

That's pretty stupid Yoshiki, better not do that again.

It's not the first time.  I noticed he did that recently as well.  I forget which one exactly now but it was either the Lalapalooza or Yokohama concerts.

When I saw him do it at the LA show, I couldn't believe it.