Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Nissan Stadium live August 15th '10 ~Manatsu no yoru~

Sander · 49348

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: August 15, 2010, 04:56:28 PM
You don't have to listen to it if you don't like it. Problem solved.

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: August 15, 2010, 05:26:21 PM
Solos playbacks are annoying. Srsly i WANT to hear Sugizo plays these solos. After all, he is my favourite guitarist along with hide and not just because their guitar style but also thx to their solo carriers. But hide is dead, let Sugizo play ffs! :(
Playing hide´s songs like Drain, Sadistic Desire, Love Replica (or include something from his solo like Tell Me or Pink Spider) would be AWESOME tribute. But playbacks are LAME. Only hide playback I like and think its actually great is Kurenai intro.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: August 15, 2010, 05:43:27 PM

They've payed tribute to him this way a million times since the reunion, its enough now

Well, you think it’s enough, but they don’t think so, probably.. I don’t want to dispute about it, really. Just let me express my opinion. We love and appreciate their music. We aren’t personally acquainted with them. We cant judge. They’ve been not only a band, but also good friends. So, it might be more painful for them to “get over”, right? it’s always so painful to lose someone and resign oneself to the loss. Who sad that ten years would be enough?...dont get me wrong, I’m not justifying them. Live show should be completely LIVE, for sure. When I saw hide’s hologram for the first time I was quite shocked. It seemed to me to be a bit strange\weird. But then I realized how important it was for the band, *especially for Yoshiki, I guess*. And I personally will accept it.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: August 15, 2010, 06:03:19 PM
the hide hologram is a different story. It was the making come true of something that we thought impossible, that is, all members of original X Japan on stage.
The playbacks are ok with kurenai. It is a nice homage paid to hide and i can live with it.
Concerning other playback solos, I want Sugizo to perform em. If you take a close look to X Japan official site you see him there as the 5th, and I repeat, the 5th memeber of X Japan. You see his picture instead of hide. hide is not forgotten and will always be a part of X, but New X Japan has Sugizo as guitar & violin. So I think he should play the solos, or even split the solos between Pata and Sugizo, just like the old classics, were Pata and hide each played parts.

Anyways, the ongoing whining about the playbacks is annoying. I understand everybodys ownopinion and respect it, but in the end, just as it has been said already, it's left up to X Japan themselves.

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: August 15, 2010, 06:06:52 PM
Some footage of Taiji and "X" is finally on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXK19jQuYys

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: August 15, 2010, 06:13:16 PM
What's the sense of using LEAD GUITAR PLAYBACK on a LIVE concert?
No. It is not tribute. But is easier for them. hide makes money, with all the hidetards like you who prefer to spend lots of monnies to watch a playback concert instead of a live.

I want to see X JAPAN playing again. And I didn't see it since 2008. The three reunion concerts were nice, but it is SO retarded to insist on playbacks now they have an alive (and awesome) guitarist. They are using Sugizo as an "excuse" to have someone to play the new songs. This got more than ridiculous.

If they want to be SERIOUS again, they NEED to stop using playbacks.

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: August 15, 2010, 06:26:05 PM
There should be some petition about stop using playbacks and after thousands signs send it to Yoshiki :D

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: August 15, 2010, 06:26:40 PM
There should be some petition about stop using playbacks and after thousands signs send it to Yoshiki :D

I'd be the first to sign.

EDIT: Nice the "on bass" appearing Heath on screen, so Toshi says "TAIJIIII".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 06:28:51 PM by Joker »

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: August 15, 2010, 06:28:39 PM
hopefully with hidetard you didnt mean me, cause thats what I ain't.
Still, if the cut out all the hide stuff I'm pretty sure they'd loose quite a lot of fans.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: August 15, 2010, 06:30:04 PM
hopefully with hidetard you didnt mean me, cause thats what I ain't.
Still, if the cut out all the hide stuff I'm pretty sure they'd loose quite a lot of fans.

I think they would loose even more, or, worse to Yoshiki, they won't win the american fans that Yoshiki wants SO much because for them, hide has no value, and if they want playback, they go to a Britney Spears concert.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: August 15, 2010, 06:32:34 PM
EDIT: Nice the "on bass" appearing Heath on screen, so Toshi says "TAIJIIII".

The screen switches to Taiji right after that. Propably the technicas didn't know whom to show or Toshi wasn't sure whom to announce at first. Thanks for the video btw.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #101 on: August 15, 2010, 06:37:29 PM
Well I'm happy with the amount of playback they used in the last concert!

Drain - totally justifiable, it's hide's song after all
Kurenai - the most beautiful footage of hide I've ever seen, Sugizo would be murdered if he ever played that beginning solo instead of hide; I wish they'd include the piano+violin beginning in the lives as well though
X - the tobetobetobe is hide's and I can see no one taking that part from him, nor any reason to
Rusty Nail solo - meh, they could do it without hide's playback, probably, then again the Last Live version of the solo is just so perfect... I do think it's ok for hide to have this one solo

So that makes one playback part where they might stop using hide, but I personally don't care. In all other places it's justifiable and, for me, the right thing to do. Many people here sound like it's the end of the world. Come on, it's one (really awesome) solo. I'm sure Sugizo would play it just as awesomely, but I mean, he gets to play 99% of the time anyway. Plus, he has all the new songs. He joined in 2009 and he has played in all songs since then AND in tons of songs that came before him. That's awesome, in a way, already.

And a picture of the stadium: http://twitpic.com/2ezerh

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: August 15, 2010, 06:57:22 PM
They're playing hide's solos for Rusty Nail, Kurenai and Week End if it had been played at these concerts. Its too much, a band playing live should play live.

Finally we have an upload of the concert, first day. I'm posting the SE

Go to 5:20 for when Toshi brings Taiji out

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOxcxys4RHM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:07:12 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #103 on: August 15, 2010, 07:07:26 PM
Taiji probably didn't have much time to rehearse many songs. Wasn't it at the press conference just a few days before the concert when he said he didn't even know yet which songs they would play? What I wonder is that I thought there was supposed to be "a new song from Sugizo" or something, what happened to that...?

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: August 15, 2010, 07:15:35 PM
Poor organisation, deciding things and rehearsing only 1-2 days before the concert as always.

Lets just try and move of this subject, back to the concert videos, talk about the video above with Taiji on the S.E.

It seems this guy not have all the concert, only a few videos, he's titled it all wrong XD.

Here's Forever Love

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQdA0Lt_u3Y[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:26:21 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Noise

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: August 15, 2010, 07:53:38 PM
I'm not overly bothered by them using hide's play backs in Japan. But it would be better for them to play everything live in their concerts in America and Canada. I can sort of understand them wanting hide to be a part of their concerts.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: August 15, 2010, 08:13:09 PM
forever love is simply wow!! ok he doesn't sing it as perfect as on 2nd day, but just love it this way. only thing missing is sugizos violin.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: August 15, 2010, 08:14:00 PM
For Kurenai I like the 'compromis' they did at Lollapalooza, and I guess that will be the new version. First the intro from hide with ToshI, then the intro from Sugizo with violin, then the song.

Yes the version from Forever Love is very beautiful here, Sugizo's violin missing a bit.
I didn't hear the today's version, had server problems at that moment.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:20:11 PM by Ann1958 »

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: August 15, 2010, 08:26:33 PM
todays version was basically 2008.03.30 version + sugizos violin. but toshis voice was perfect today. :)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #109 on: August 15, 2010, 08:40:21 PM
An article and some pictures from Natalie - http://natalie.mu/music/news/36197

What little I could make out with a translator, don't quote me on anything:

* Yes, the drum solo (which started suddenly, without fans screaming before it) was indeed on the second, pyramid stage
* It was the first time in over 10 years when Unfinished was played live; only one chorus though
* Heath will stay as the bassist of X Japan, Taiji won't replace him :P
* They do know that they have a lot of fans waiting in France and an European tour is said to follow the US tour
* Jade will start broadcasting in US radio stations next week, as a promotion
* They want to finish the work on the album before the US tour and release it within the year
* The US tour dates will be released soon (I presume on the 16th, as promised earlier)
* The US Embassador to Japan, John Roos, attended the concert, saying it was "fantastic" (check the picture of Yoshiki with that older guy in the Natalie article)

Here is the "official" setlist:
01. JADE
02. Rusty Nail
03. DRAIN
04. Forever Love
05. Tears
06. 紅
07. Born To Be Free
  〜PATA SUGIZO HEATH solo
08. Drum solo
09. I.V.

EN1. X

EN2. ENDLESS RAIN

This is my administrator color.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: August 15, 2010, 08:44:38 PM
the official setlist makes the show really short :(

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: August 15, 2010, 08:52:01 PM
* They do know that they have a lot of fans waiting in France and an European tour is said to follow the US tour

This is in my head  :D

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #112 on: August 15, 2010, 09:04:48 PM
Taiji has the most awful sunglasses, he should wear Rayban Aviators or something 8)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: August 15, 2010, 09:30:53 PM
Taiji has the most awful sunglasses, he should wear Rayban Aviators or something

Totally agree on that  :D

I also was wondering about the new Sugizo song, mayby in future concerts we will hear it? Or on the new cd?

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: August 15, 2010, 09:40:25 PM

What little I could make out with a translator, don't quote me on anything:

* Yes, the drum solo (which started suddenly, without fans screaming before it) was indeed on the second, pyramid stage
* It was the first time in over 10 years when Unfinished was played live; only one chorus though
* Heath will stay as the bassist of X Japan, Taiji won't replace him :P
* They want to finish the work on the album before the US tour and release it within the year
* The US tour dates will be released soon (I presume on the 16th, as promised earlier)
* The US Embassador to Japan, John Roos, attended the concert, saying it was "fantastic" (check the picture of Yoshiki with that older guy in the Natalie article)

I'm very excited to hear Jade will be getting airplay here in the US next week!  But it sounds like the CD won't be out before the US tour, which is very disappointing to hear.

From the videos I've seen so far, the Yokohama concerts looked great!

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #115 on: August 15, 2010, 09:45:18 PM

Wow, I really hope i get to hear Jade on the radio stations in my area!

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: August 15, 2010, 10:14:05 PM
If I hear Jade on a local rock station, I will shit my pants. We'll just have to see how many stations will actually play it.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: August 15, 2010, 10:37:26 PM
Well I'm happy with the amount of playback they used in the last concert!

Drain - totally justifiable, it's hide's song after all
Kurenai - the most beautiful footage of hide I've ever seen, Sugizo would be murdered if he ever played that beginning solo instead of hide; I wish they'd include the piano+violin beginning in the lives as well though
X - the tobetobetobe is hide's and I can see no one taking that part from him, nor any reason to
Rusty Nail solo - meh, they could do it without hide's playback, probably, then again the Last Live version of the solo is just so perfect... I do think it's ok for hide to have this one solo

So that makes one playback part where they might stop using hide, but I personally don't care. In all other places it's justifiable and, for me, the right thing to do. Many people here sound like it's the end of the world. Come on, it's one (really awesome) solo. I'm sure Sugizo would play it just as awesomely, but I mean, he gets to play 99% of the time anyway. Plus, he has all the new songs. He joined in 2009 and he has played in all songs since then AND in tons of songs that came before him. That's awesome, in a way, already.

I sort of agree here with Hypno, Drain was fair enough (a one off performance of one of hide’s own songs), tobetobetobe was a fun addition to X and the kurenai intro was lovely - in fact I really liked the way they did it and thought it was a lovely touch. However, I don’t think they need to use his solo(s) now as Sugizo is more than capable and it would be good to get his interpretation of the song – yes hide’s Last Live Rusty Nail solo is awesome but  if we want to hear a clone of the Last Live version then we can go watch/listen to that version.

I am disappointed that Taiji only appeared for X. I don’t know if it was bad planning (no time to sort out songs, arrangements etc) or that was all that was agreed to in the first place but it does seem like they had this big announcement and a lot of fuss etc just for one song when perhaps it would have been better saying nothing and having him appear (imagine the wow factor then).

Anyway, aside from that I really enjoyed the concerts; I thought Toshi sounded fantastic - really strong vocals. From the pictures/videos etc the concerts look awesome. Glad they mixed up the setlists a bit. Loved Unfinished!! It would be nice for a bit more variety – some Blue Blood, Sadistic Desire etc but I suppose at the moment they are focussing on this new album and new songs so I.V., Born to be Free, Jade etc are more likely to be played and I totally understand that! Born to be Free is really growing on me! It is so catchy! Anyway, I am really impressed with how they performed and I think future shows should go well – hopefully a few more songs and a few less breaks! Lol!

Some footage of Taiji and "X" is finally on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXK19jQuYys

Thanks for posting! That video seems to have been taken from quite a distance away and it still looks so good! Really good atmosphere! Cool to see Heath and Taiji playing beside each other!! Who would have thought that would ever happen??

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #118 on: August 15, 2010, 11:36:40 PM

oh gaawd that picture is fucking awesome.... he's back and his name is TAIJI

sorry for beeing a fucking taiji-fantard xD ... at least a good picture of him :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 11:40:43 PM by myuu »

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #119 on: August 16, 2010, 06:01:15 AM
They're playing hide's solos for Rusty Nail, Kurenai and Week End if it had been played at these concerts. Its too much, a band playing live should play live.

Finally we have an upload of the concert, first day. I'm posting the SE

Go to 5:20 for when Toshi brings Taiji out

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOxcxys4RHM[/youtube]

Youtube remove this video, T__T
anyone already download it?
I'm in the middle of downloading it, and suddenly it stop.
please please anyone reupload it with MF or MU, or anything is ok~ m(_ _)m