• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan North American Tour

Sander · 78935

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: August 17, 2010, 03:30:12 PM
yea the Canadian prices are a little $$, If i remember miyivi tickets were the same price. its a nice venue though and one hell of a band so i dont really mind spending that

Offline Noise

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: August 17, 2010, 03:50:25 PM
Ah okay, thank you for clearing that up a bit.
I wouldn't mind paying that kind of money to finally see them live and was more worried that the prices could keep away new potential fans... whom they defenately need to really make it in the US.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: August 17, 2010, 04:15:57 PM
In terms of the Canadian shows being more pricey, what I can make from it is that the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver and Massey Hall in Toronto are both renowned venues and are fully seated, while most of the U.S shows seem to be standing if I'm not mistaken. The seating and the quality of the venue will probably do it. Massey Hall has been in use since the late 1800's.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: August 17, 2010, 04:19:56 PM
Was anybody else here a part of the research for the Yoshiki Discovery site back in 2008? I was and i emailed them about honoring the 2 free premium tickets yesterday and I hope they answer quick and honor them. I dont want the LA show to sell out :/

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: August 17, 2010, 04:48:27 PM
Was anybody else here a part of the research for the Yoshiki Discovery site back in 2008? I was and i emailed them about honoring the 2 free premium tickets yesterday and I hope they answer quick and honor them. I dont want the LA show to sell out :/

I highly doubt that will still have any relevance to the many changes and turnarounds they've had since then. I would get your tickets through TicketMaster asap and not hope for that site to come through, if it was even official/legit/still exists.

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: August 17, 2010, 05:15:13 PM

I noticed that Ticketmaster has a policy for certain venues (and the LA venue is included in the list) that you can get a refund on your tickets for 72 hours after purchase.  So you can buy them now and hope to get a response within 72 hours.  ;)

I agree with Feudal that it's safer to buy them now and not depend on the Yoshiki Discovery.  But here is the Ticketmaster policy if you want to read about it:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/returns.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_i_rp

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: August 17, 2010, 06:12:05 PM
After talking with my firends (who originally said they were in but are now out) I realized I may have purchased too many tickets. I may have up to 4 additional tickets that I'd sell (at cost) later down the road if no one picks them up. You guys'll be the first to know if I have extras.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: August 17, 2010, 06:45:29 PM
In terms of the Canadian shows being more pricey, what I can make from it is that the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver and Massey Hall in Toronto are both renowned venues and are fully seated, while most of the U.S shows seem to be standing if I'm not mistaken. The seating and the quality of the venue will probably do it. Massey Hall has been in use since the late 1800's.

I went to a show at Massey Hall back in May, it's a really nice venue and clearly an old one, but the seats inside I found are pretty packed together, so it'll be really funny when everyone tries to X jump, lol. But since its a seated show, that means the sooner we get tickets the better the seats. I'll be waiting at my computer at 10am tomorrow and swipe some first row floor seats! XD

>~X~<

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: August 17, 2010, 07:10:31 PM
Yea me too, Brandon! Are you buying through TicketMaster or Massey Hall? I'm sure it's same thing in the end lol just don't know which may have the tickets mailed faster.

Offline BloodofBathory

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
Reply #129 on: August 17, 2010, 07:48:59 PM
I wish they would be coming to Europe instead but oh well, I hop this is going to be great. Are ticket prices always that high in the US? I was just checking the prices for their LA show and apparently tickets for the areana-thing are like 80$.
Well the LA tickets start at $39 (+fees, but I don't think they are over $10-$20)... I think that's pretty normal for jrock concerts (I've only been to Girugamesh and Versailles in Helsinki, and it was a bit cheaper I think)... I'm more worried about the Canadian show prices, but I guess a Canadian can comment on that a bit better...

Yeah I'm the same distance from Vancouver that I am from Seattle but I agree with the prices from Seattle more than Vancouver. It really shouldn't be that much since the Canadian Dollar is almost on par with the American dollar. In some places the Canadian dollar is actually MORE than the American here so...yeah I'm going to Seattle.

The seven vices I love ~ They are all sweet poison ~ Born from my mouth

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: August 17, 2010, 08:13:56 PM
Yea me too, Brandon! Are you buying through TicketMaster or Massey Hall? I'm sure it's same thing in the end lol just don't know which may have the tickets mailed faster.

I'm just buying through TicketMaster, I buy tickets from them all the time, the shipping is fairly fast too, I usually get the cheapest shipping and I usually get my tickets within a week or so. All the TicketMaster Canada tickets are printed in and mailed from Winnipeg, so its a pretty good shipping time.

Its also going to be awesome, because the back entrance to Massey Hall is completely open to the street beside it, so when the members arrive, it'll be really easy to get a good look at them and scream "X" or whatever before they go inside to get ready for the show.

>~X~<

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: August 17, 2010, 08:22:59 PM
I wish they would be coming to Europe instead but oh well, I hop this is going to be great. Are ticket prices always that high in the US? I was just checking the prices for their LA show and apparently tickets for the areana-thing are like 80$.
Well the LA tickets start at $39 (+fees, but I don't think they are over $10-$20)... I think that's pretty normal for jrock concerts (I've only been to Girugamesh and Versailles in Helsinki, and it was a bit cheaper I think)... I'm more worried about the Canadian show prices, but I guess a Canadian can comment on that a bit better...

Yeah I'm the same distance from Vancouver that I am from Seattle but I agree with the prices from Seattle more than Vancouver. It really shouldn't be that much since the Canadian Dollar is almost on par with the American dollar. In some places the Canadian dollar is actually MORE than the American here so...yeah I'm going to Seattle.

Prices in Canada are always higher than that of the Americans, its always been that way and you just get used to it, like for me, I see American prices being significantly cheaper. But when it comes to rare chance to see X Japan live, i'm taking it. It'll also be a real treat, because since the venues their playing are pretty small, you'll get a good view no matter what. Unlike in Japan where if you get a back seat at the 55000 seat Tokyo Dome, all you can really see is the light show. Especially at the Nissan Stadium, when ever they showed a camera angle from the back of the stadium on the broadcast, you could hardly see the giant screens beside the stage. Plus, since the venues are small, the show will be that much louder and more awesome!  :)

>~X~<

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: August 17, 2010, 08:30:46 PM
I will be @ Massey Hall as well ;D
I also would like to pass a small present to HEATH from his "gaijin fans". Could anyone here help me with that? I don't want it to turn into a crazy fangirl situation so if ANYONE here knows somebody who could help me do this in a respectful and civilized manner I would really appreciate if that person (or persons) would PM me.

Thanks a bunch!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: August 17, 2010, 09:00:13 PM
I also would like to pass a small present to HEATH from his "gaijin fans". Could anyone here help me with that? I don't want it to turn into a crazy fangirl situation so if ANYONE here knows somebody who could help me do this in a respectful and civilized manner I would really appreciate if that person (or persons) would PM me.

Thanks a bunch!

I'll be glad to help you out in any way I can! I'll be around the area at LEAST a few hours before the show meeting people and getting xcited for it. Of course, by employing a civilized greeting towards them, it will benefit us a lot!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: August 17, 2010, 09:07:25 PM
Fuck! The bank wouldn't give me a loan. My credit rating isn't strong enough. I'm hoping my mum can help me out and get it under her name. She's done that a few times for me so hopefully I'll be fine :-D

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: August 17, 2010, 09:19:30 PM

Thanks a bunch!

Seems like we have alot of Toronto goers here, we should should organize an X meet up for the show!

>~X~<

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: August 17, 2010, 09:40:39 PM
Anyone who'll be at the NYC concert, it looks like I may be able to go. VAMPS is the night before (which I have tickets for already) so my sister and I are buying new oneway tickets home on the 11th. We're literally getting out of the VAMPS concert and right back on line. If anything it'll be an experience.

I'm just hoping to every god and deity that exists that the tickets don't sell out before Friday.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:34 PM
Anyone who'll be at the NYC concert, it looks like I may be able to go. VAMPS is the night before (which I have tickets for already) so my sister and I are buying new oneway tickets home on the 11th. We're literally getting out of the VAMPS concert and right back on line. If anything it'll be an experience.

I'm just hoping to every god and deity that exists that the tickets don't sell out before Friday.

You may not be able to stay on the street if you're sleeping, the cops will make you move. Unless you plan to stay awake for 36 hours, in which case, I commend you.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #138 on: August 17, 2010, 10:09:47 PM
I remember NYC having plenty of homeless people sleeping around...

This is my administrator color.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: August 17, 2010, 10:13:43 PM
My uncle's bar/restaurant is about a few minutes away. We're going to change clothes after the concert, eat, and then get back on line. No sleep for usssssssss.

Plus, a lot of my family, including my dad, are police officers in the city. I'm actually staying with my dad in Staten Island for the few days we won't be on line. So, if anything, I'm sure that my sister and I will be okay out in the city that late because if I know my father and his friends, they're going to be driving down the block ever 30 minutes to 'check on us.'
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:22:51 PM by sai »

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: August 18, 2010, 12:16:32 AM

Thanks a bunch!

crazy fangirl situation? Us? Never! XDDD
Because of course, we don't limit our discussion purely to the musical composition of pre 1996 pieces or what type of locking studs Taiji uses, and HORROR OF HORRORS we actually have the downright PSYCHOTICNESS to say OUT LOUD that Heath is, you know, kinda hot...(wow, we're female and we think a MALE MUSICIAN is attractive...what a heinous crime!) therefore we MUST be fangirls. Naturally. XDDDD  Mr. Sexy Bones. Ah hah ah hah. SORRY! Heath. Sincerest apologies and all that. Anyway, that's enough of my derailment of this topic  ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:18:20 AM by drivedrivebaby »

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: August 18, 2010, 12:22:53 AM
Feudal and Brendon:

Yes, we should meet before the show! I most likely will have to be at work in the morning and will have to track back home to gather the rest of people who will be joining us (my hubby and kids) but  probably will have a couple of hours in between to meet. Hopefully I will be able to deliver the present during this time to HEATH as well. Keeping fingers crossed.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: August 18, 2010, 12:28:10 AM

Thanks a bunch!

Because of course, we don't limit our discussion purely to the musical composition of pre 1996 pieces or what type of locking studs Taiji uses, and HORROR OF HORRORS we actually have the downright PSYCHOTICNESS to say OUT LOUD that Heath is, you know, kinda hot...(wow, we're female and we think a MALE MUSICIAN is attractive...what a heinous crime!) therefore we MUST be fangirls. Naturally. XDDDD  Mr. Sexy Bones. Ah hah ah hah. SORRY! Heath. Sincerest apologies and all that. Anyway, that's enough of my derailment of this topic  ;D

FANGIRLS... US?! ....NO! NEVER! ;D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: August 18, 2010, 12:38:14 AM
Feudal and Brendon:

Yes, we should meet before the show! I most likely will have to be at work in the morning and will have to track back home to gather the rest of people who will be joining us (my hubby and kids) but  probably will have a couple of hours in between to meet. Hopefully I will be able to deliver the present during this time to HEATH as well. Keeping fingers crossed.

Haha, well sounds good. I have a couple of classes that day...but I won't be attending, i'll be too busy camping outside Massey Hall that entire day hoping to catch a glimpse of the band members. If they play a show the night before, we should have a pretty good chance to catch their tour bus pulling in, and see them briefly during the walk from the bus to the back door of the venue, haha.

I really want to meet PATA and HEATH...but then again, I want to meet all of them, haha.

>~X~<

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: August 18, 2010, 12:44:08 AM

Thanks a bunch!

FANGIRLS... US?! ....NO! NEVER! ;D

As you sig clearly says ^^
Some people don't seem to understand that, you know, X forums are more active when X are actually DOING SOMETHING, like TOURING, you know? And that makes us fangirls too; talking about X when they're, like, DOING SOMETHING. XDDD

Anyway...no such luck for me to go to Toronto, meh. But congrats to those who are. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic event (whether or not Heath gets his reptilian gift...which he'll most likely just use to beat Pata round the head with, or use as a loo brush, or something useful like that).

Offline voicelesscreamer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: August 18, 2010, 12:47:50 AM

Its a pyschoticness to say Heath is hot , caz Taiji is more hansomer :D  lol !  Im not mean , its just joke , caz Heath's fan and Taiji's fan is always frenemies :)

Who is Mr. Sexy Bones , is a Japanese word for Heath ?

I have a question of LA live .  Its three diffrent prices ?  What is difference of the prices ?  Do you get VIP package or ectecera

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: August 18, 2010, 12:54:17 AM

It's a nickname my friend J and I gave him, and I started using it in this forum, much to the very vocal dislike of some people. However, yes, the Japanese fans know of our nickname for him and think it very amusing indeed XDDD Ah well, live and let live I say :)

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: August 18, 2010, 01:02:59 AM

It's a nickname my friend J and I gave him, and I started using it in this forum, much to the very vocal dislike of some people. However, yes, the Japanese fans know of our nickname for him and think it very amusing indeed XDDD Ah well, live and let live I say :)
Sexy Bones is very appropriate. The boy needs to eat more often! As for Taiji, well he used to be quite something about 25 years ago. He is still a good looking man just a bit more weather worn...:)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: August 18, 2010, 01:12:00 AM

Sexy Bones is very appropriate. The boy needs to eat more often! As for Taiji, well he used to be quite something about 25 years ago. He is still a good looking man just a bit more weather worn...:)

I'm guessing you're joking here, but in case you're not, I'm sure he's the naturally tall, thin type; the type that has immense trouble gaining 1/4lb even if they eat 3x their daily allowance. I think the scientific name for people like that is 'ectomorph'. Lol sounds kinda scary XDDD

And Taiji 2 decades ago was smoking hot, completely. I don't know what type of locking studs he used back then though... Come to think of it, i don't even know what type of locking studs Heath uses! OH MY GOD! I'm letting down my fangirl reputation!! XDD

Back on topic, ENJOY MASSEY HALL, those who are going!

CharonCaori

Reply #149 on: August 18, 2010, 03:11:13 AM
Hey. I'm new here, but I've been an X Japan fan for a while. Thank you for posting the American tour information, I hope I get to see some of you guys in NYC!