• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki officially on twitter!

AsukaMiyu · 146129

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #570 on: December 30, 2011, 10:55:01 PM
pretty strange tweed from Yoshiki if he's talking about hide:
sometimes really Hard to be me... I miss you my friend , miss you my love, someday I'll be where you'll be..... 自分でいることが時にはつらいよ、でもやるしかないッッX

"my love" ???

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #571 on: December 31, 2011, 01:15:48 AM
He scares me. I do hope it's just a matter of over-drinking. But it's really scary T_T
Damn, it's only one day to NY left, I somehow have totally non-celebration mood, and, in addition, I read such things from one of my favorite musicians.. Great.
Noise is right.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #572 on: January 02, 2012, 07:46:17 AM
Hope you are having beautiful holidays! I'm in Tokyo, recording!! みんな素敵な休日を過ごしてる?今東京でレコーディングしてるよ!!

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #573 on: January 03, 2012, 05:46:08 PM
Back in LA... I'm in the recording studio AGAIN...exhausted... ロスに戻ってきた、又レコーディングスタジオにいる、疲れたよ~。。。

Offline Conscript

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #574 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:18 PM
I'm about to complete the SONG!! もう少しで曲が完成するよ!!
Haha, I laughed :P

sigsig・∀・

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #575 on: January 05, 2012, 06:18:13 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/YoshikiOfficial

shane140

Reply #576 on: January 05, 2012, 06:38:15 PM

The song? If he had said album I would've been half interested...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #577 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:41 PM
Guess I'm just glad he's got something done at this point, though he says I'm about to complete it, which hopefully wont mean, "Okay great I'm just going to do the final edits....but I have fashion show after parties.....I need to go to......to get drunk at.........I'll just leave this here.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #578 on: January 05, 2012, 10:13:25 PM
lol.. it's actually sad that nobody believes him, but this tweet sounds both optimistic and funny xD

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #579 on: January 11, 2012, 09:55:57 PM
http://bit.ly/xsQUPn OK EVERYBODY, NOW... Let's VOTE for Jade of Xjapan!!!!! みんなJadeに投票して勝とう!!! We Are XXXXX !!!!!!!!!

people will all vote

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #580 on: March 02, 2012, 01:07:33 PM
Ok well if this does nothing than break the chain of damn bots that are posting on this forum, than I am happy, but has ANYONE read Yoshiki's latest tweets yet?? He wants to take a vacation on his own to a bunch of different countries and specifically says that he needs a break. Honestly, I don't know what to say. Of course the man overworks himself, however, this feels like the onset of another huge letdown for X Japan fans. I thought they were going to make 2012 a full-on world tour?! It's already March for god sake....no mention of the album yet either. SIGH

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #581 on: March 02, 2012, 07:01:43 PM
Okay I haven't done any big massive rant posts for at least a year because people were getting a little annoyed by it and X weren't really doing anything to annoy me too much, but now I'm just too annoyed, so yeah, rant ahead.

If yoshiki needs a break because of tireing himself out from things that aren't the album, then fuck you!  fuck that, its your own fault, make the damn album! "Oh dear I've been to so many parties and twilight openings recently I can't do it anymore, my body is week!, I'm fading into the distant scarlet void or some shit, so the hopes for an album or tour are over, I'm going to barbados, yes I've fucked up our bands thirtieth anniversary year, but, I am so tired......TWITTER ME!"

Seriously, fuck.That. If he doesn't finish the album this year (and soon) then I might seriously consider stop listening to the band, I don't really like the direction they've gone with the new songs (they're okay in a few areas, but its just the fact that "everything has to be ballads" now), and how they replace the only remaining ones that aren't from the dahlia album except for Kurenai and X (silent jelousy, well done, another half ballad, and art of life is overplayed now), I don't know any band who does this. Unlike every other band in their forties who do twenty songs a night, X do about seven with some solo stuff inbetween because poor (half faking) yoshiki can't handle the pain. You look at Soundgarden who's songs are way harder to play and they're doing 20+ songs every night on their world tours. Ozzy Osbourne peforms more songs per night on a tour than yoshiki does, and he's a 60+ year old man who's done so many drugs he can barely walk half the time he's up there. I thought a year ago "Ozzy is basically the only heavy metal band live that plays less songs than X which in a way is fair because he's an old man messed up physically by drugs, but if X aren't careful they're going to be playing even less songs than him", and oh look now they are!

Except for Kurenai and X they have removed any part of themselves that really felt like heavy metal, every song now is big and emotional in some way and they come out dressed in big white/pink poultry dresses, Toshi doesn't seem to want to sing with his raw aggresive voice anymore everything has to be clean, the whole approach to anything in X now is to not do anything aggressive at all and be clean and emotional, and I bet that attitude is going to destroy the old songs they're gonna rerecord, Kurenai english version a lot of the time sounds crap. Even when they sing the ballads Toshi can't sing them right anymore, Forever Love seems to be a cursed song because its the only song that makes Toshi's vocals go HUUAAGHIGBLAARIUGRAAAJGFG before his vocal part even begins so they have to cut the song into less than half and he still can't sing the choruses near the end.

If Yoshiki releases the album at the very end of the year I don't know if I should care at that point, because that doesn't really show any improvement or effort on yoshiki's part, it wouldn't show any change to his attitude, the setlists certainly aren't gonna improve, and he's just going to fuck us over again with any future world tour dates, new song releases, or statements that "these new songs will be really heavy" and then we'll get another Jade.

Did I enjoy the London show a year ago? Yes, even with the setlist, I loved the show, but I'm still going to look at this from an outside perspective, and compared to other bands X-Japan fucking sucks right now. If they do make it big in America they're only going to get fangirls like every crap modern band today, because right now they're too flamboyant for essentially anyone else to like them. I'm almost ashamed to be a fan of them as they are now, I wouldn't tell anyone I know about them, because outside of a couple of songs they're too embarrassing, including how Yoshiki acts (and sugizo a little bit) and talks on stage.

And the rest of the members piss me off for not getting on his case either, Pata and Heath can't be completely okay with the direction the setlist and the new songs have gone, Heath and Pata's styles are so different, especially Pata's. Taiji was the only one to do the right thing and critisise Yoshiki for something, Pata and Heath just stand there like "well Yoshiki said he'd leave us and do the band on his own (in other words, I am the band, not you lot) if we're afraid of the world tour, so I guess that applies for everything else too, so imma be quiet".

All of them should be at least on his case about the album, its like they don't fucking care. I'd rather stand up to him even if I got fired and it broke the band up again than put up with this shit.

Them keeping "Psychodelic violence and crime of visual shock" and Kurenai and X in the lives is just a massive masquerade to hide the fact that there is nothing aggressive or heavy metal about them anymore.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:49:56 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #582 on: March 02, 2012, 09:33:28 PM
Haha, nice to read a rant, has been some time ;) And I have to admit that I'm also getting frustrated with the progress (or let's say non-progress) of the next album. Plus, there's nothing announced for this year (correct me if I'm wrong), no tourdates, no releases, nothing. And him doing all the other stuff i.e. the vogue-photoshoot, make me really question his commitement to finish the record in this decade.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #583 on: March 03, 2012, 02:06:24 AM
Glad you found it funny, I hope no one's annoyed by it.

I just remembered something, and this is something that I'm not too annoyed with, I'm mostly talking about it because its funny. I mentioned the way Sugizo acts on stage can be a bit embarressing sometimes in terms of showing the band to people, and that brings up a hilarious thought, being part of X changes you. Sugizo used to be, and in a way still is a badass. One of my very first exposures to Luna Sea was the videos of their first reunion live show back in 2007, I don't think I'd seen Luna sea before then apart from the Extasy summit live videos. And Sugizo in that 2007 live looked badass, he looks like a kickass human fighter from a fighting game, he looks like Xion from Bloody Roar on the gamecube (and there's someone else he reminds me of as well but I can't put my finger on it). And he acts awesome on stage like the symbols he makes with his fingers when he finishes a song, again he was badass and in a way still is.

What I mean by that is that pretty much after he started playing with X Japan, specifically when he was made an official member, he suddenly became all flamboyant, he's wearing the  yoshiki princess costumes or the see through naked wire cloth clothes or Toshi's chicken feather suit and he's spinning around in ridiculous ways, its like X Japan is so poppy it literally changes you when you become a member. Then there's that time where we caught him on film checking his face makeup in a handheld mirror during an interview with the band. He carries around a freakin' miniature mirror! To make sure he looks pretty at all times! And he used it on camera! X Japan is a curse, and I thought that was the worst of it, but I was looking at some of the lollapalooza live videos a month or two ago, and I saw him checking his face in the mini mirror there! On stage at lollapalooza! That's just such a monstrously retarded idea!

The biggest thing that proves its a curse of X is that when Sugizo goes back and does Luna Sea shows, he suddenly becomes badass again, I've watched a huge amount of the recent lives Luna Sea have done in 2010-11 and Sugizo is still as awesome as ever in them,what the hell is wrong with X-Japan! Pata has somehow avoided this curse for over twenty years, lets hope it stays that way and we don't have to suffer the site of Pata on stage wearing yoshiki's wedding dress.

And now, to commence shutting the hell up...or at least trying to.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:08:23 AM by Ulquiorra »

ben

Reply #584 on: March 26, 2012, 01:33:48 AM
Ulquiorra, don't know if you will ever come back to this thread but agree with most of the things you bought up, and anyway it's your opinion

I haven't been catching up on X Japan news but I found out he was involved with the Grammy theme song and there is some press surrounding that, alongside the usual Vogue photo shoots etc.

The more that the X album in development drags on the more I think he is better off just leaving it behind. At this point in his career, as a 'icon' with his humanitarian work, representing Japan culture exchange and so on, his musical direction etc, I don't think he even needs X anymore, he should move on and focus on Violet Uk, or even working under the name 'Yoshiki'.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #585 on: March 26, 2012, 10:47:19 AM
Wait I'm confused, do you agree or not? The "and anyway its your opinion" is throwing me off XD.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:04:08 AM by Ulquiorra »

ben

Reply #586 on: March 27, 2012, 12:09:06 AM
Sorry, yes agree with you completely, what I meant with the comment "and anyway its your opinion" was that, even if someone might be annoyed by it, who cares its your opinion.

Sorry for that

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #587 on: March 27, 2012, 01:48:14 AM
Thanks, don't worry about it :D

shane140

Reply #588 on: March 27, 2012, 02:19:06 AM
I really was all for this reunion but they (Yoshiki mainly) seem to be treating it like a side project, or at least not taking it seriously enough. The album isn't even finished yet and half of them are old songs, it's just ridiculous, I reckon they should have one more tour then call it a day, let the members work on solo stuff or whatever. I dunno, when the album finally does release I'll be happy and probably want more, but that's the way I feel right now.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #589 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:44 AM
Funny you say this, I thought everyone else aside from Yoshiki saw it as a side project.
It's just a matter of perception but this is how it looks to me still.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

shane140

Reply #590 on: March 27, 2012, 03:46:42 AM
lol, sorry, yeah that's what I meant. XD Basically he's taking it all seriously when nothing's really getting done. I just want them to put more effort in, a few months in the studio and the album could've been finished, but they keep dragging it out. I'm not hating on the members here it just annoys me and I assume a great number of fans.

Also, I wish there was more news updates, on their facebook or site, about the band, not just what Yoshiki's up to, how far along they are with the record etc. That's the least they could do.

ben

Reply #591 on: March 28, 2012, 05:21:19 AM
It obviously all comes down to Yoshiki, and I have to say the other members probably treat it as a 'side project' because things aren't consistent. He's obviously doing things with all the updates about 'another night recording' on his twitter but it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere and it seems he is calling all the shots summoning the band members to LA to do recording.

"Jade" officially came out as a single, didn't it? Well, I don't know if that release was leading up to album release that ended up getting pushed back, but I don't see a reason why, if things have moved at 90% (from that interview Yoshiki did over a year ago), they couldn't put up another song for a 24 hour period streaming, or at least even a clip, of a re-recording of an old song, just to let the fans know things are still moving along. Or perhaps most of the fanbase is content with the late night twitter posts on Yoshiki's account?

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #592 on: March 28, 2012, 06:44:34 AM
I don't know if any of you guys watched this video yet, but Yoshiki posted it ealier. He has a little cameo 46 seconds in to the video. But more importantly... Tenacious D is back. I'm stoked to say the least! :D Also its pretty funny to see the similarities between Jack Black's fictional persona and Yoshiki in real life  ::)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nai7w1frB1E[/youtube]

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #593 on: March 28, 2012, 11:22:42 AM
The D and X should tour together!! :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #594 on: March 28, 2012, 11:58:24 PM
yoshiki, get out of the video and on with the damn album.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #595 on: March 29, 2012, 03:48:08 AM
yoshiki, get out of the video and on with the damn album.

We get it, you're upset. bitching and moaning isn't going to get the thing out faster.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #596 on: March 29, 2012, 04:20:33 PM
The D and X should tour together!! :D

I approve of this idea! :D

>~X~<

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #597 on: May 13, 2012, 12:57:37 PM
I may go to Hong Kong with him! Hopefully I can announce some exciting new! 今月、香港に行くかも、何かアナウンスするかも!

hope something good

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #598 on: May 19, 2012, 02:59:25 PM
Go to HK? With who? oo; did I miss something?? XD

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #599 on: June 02, 2012, 02:36:39 PM
29 May Yoshiki Yoshiki ‏@YoshikiOfficial

http://tinyurl.com/7za67dp Thank you our fans! The next press conference, hopefully we can announce new album release date!

i really HOPe this time they WILL release that GOd Damn ALBUM, haha

Ex denxdenx