• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN in New York Question

BizKiTRoAcH · 4857

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: July 14, 2010, 02:47:13 PM
Hi folks :D

X have said they will be doing an american tour and I am pretty sure one of the places they're gonna play is New York. Now I have a few questions and i'm hoping someone could help me out. Obviously no official details have been announced but I was hoping some people may have a rough idea on a few things. Most of the questions will be based upon the answer from the first one.

1. What is the most likely place they will perform in NY? Obviously there are many different venues they could perform so I was hoping someone may have an idea as to which one they'd play in.
2. Can anyone recommend places to stay near the place they'll be performing?
3. Rough cost of travelling from the airport to the arena?
4. Any worthy tourist attractions in/around the area?

Obviously the first 2 questions are the important ones but if anyone is located near the likely choice of arena or has been before, I was hoping they could share some info.

As you may have guessed, i'm seeing if I can make it to a show in NY. Its gonna cost me a fair bit but I want to make a weeks holiday out of the trip and see other stuff but obviously X will be the main reason. I'm just trying to get a rough guess on how much its going to cost as I do plan on taking out a bank loan for this :D I dont need exact figures but if I can work out a rough price of how much it'll cost me then that'll be awesome :D

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:50:13 PM
1. Hammerstein Ballroom would be awesome.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 04:48:19 PM
1. Nokia Theatre, Hammerstein Ballroom.
2. L Hostel
4. Museum of Modern Art, Metropolitan Museum, Central Park, Empire State Building, Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 04:55:45 PM
2. L Hostels had to close. :P

but I'll be in NY in september; so i can tell you if the hostel i'll stay in was okay. xD

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 10:31:39 PM
I went to New York in 08 when they first said they would be performing...go to the Hershey's chocolate shop....it smells so good...just go for the smell, nothing else :p Also, don't forget about central park, it really is nice!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:40:30 PM
Cheers for the replies folks :D

This will help me work out a rough idea of how much this trip is going to cost me. I dont care though, it'll be worth it :D

Offline Flippinklein

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lostpyscho
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 04:36:47 AM
1. What is the most likely place they will perform in NY? Obviously there are many different venues they could perform so I was hoping someone may have an idea as to which one they'd play in.

Madison Square Garden, or Radio City Music Hall.
Nokia is too small to be considered due purely to how X likes to have their stages.

Check google for local hostels.

Um...you are better off getting there the day before. Depending on which airport you go into it could be different. Alot of people fly into Newark instead of places like JFK cause its cheaper. And only 15 minutes via train away.

ITS NYC.

Trust me hun, there is everything in the world you could think of, from world class restaurants to amazing museums. :)
Landmarks, and so so so much more.

There are tourist pamphlets and such in most major Subway stations so yeah.

He lives on with each smile that his music brings to each childs and adults face

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 09:09:22 AM

ITS NYC.

Trust me hun, there is everything in the world you could think of, from world class restaurants to amazing museums. :)

Amen. Trust me, I spend 4 months in the greater NYC area (technically in the next town but it has no visible border with Bronx really) and visited the City countless times and managed to go to most of the biggest tourist attractions and cool places... in Manhattan.

This is my administrator color.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 05:28:10 PM
The biggest attraction in NYC when I went was..

Sander  ;D

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 06:04:30 PM
Well I'm not there any more so you are out of luck  ;D

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 09:58:34 PM
The biggest attraction in NYC when I went was..

Sander 

Tell us more about that  :D

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 03:34:09 PM

Madison Square Garden, or Radio City Music Hall.
Nokia is too small to be considered due purely to how X likes to have their stages.

Check google for local hostels.

Um...you are better off getting there the day before. Depending on which airport you go into it could be different. Alot of people fly into Newark instead of places like JFK cause its cheaper. And only 15 minutes via train away.

ITS NYC.

Cheers for the info :D
I'm trying to make a small week long holiday out of it so getting there the day before is no problem. I'm hopefully going with my best mate and the rough plan is get there so the X Concert is in the middle of the week. Say the X concert is on wednesday for example, try to arrive sunday/monday so we have a couple of days to chill out and see some sights, then rock out like mental patients at the concert then have a few more days to recover/enjoy before heading home :D

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 03:28:54 PM
It really all depends on what area you want to concentrate on. I live in New York and actually work in Manhattan, and let me tell you, you can get away with getting a lot done as long as you know how and when to avoid the crowds! A few more tips:

- Visit the popular attractions/places on weekdays, as early as possible.
- If you have a few days to sight see, be sure not to cram it all into one day. A lot of the attractions are far apart from one another. Budget your time for each geographic area separately. This will save you unnecessary bus/subway time (subway's are fast, but you can always get hit with delays, especially on the Yellow line), or worse, some absurd cab fare. The meter still runs, even if you're in traffic! For example, if you're going to see the Statue of Liberty, maybe don't do it the same day you visit the Empire State Building or Central Park, as they're all on the opposite sides of the city.
- If you're going to need the subway or bus (which I'm sure you will, at some point), avoid rush hour (5-7 pm)! Some subway lines are way more crowded than others, but it's best (in my experience) when you're trying to get everything out of the city to already be in the general area of where you're exploring by this time.

If you had any specific areas of the city in mind and had any questions, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to answer them! Hope you have a safe and awesome time, and I'm sure I'll see you when X finally comes around here!

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery