• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

ToshI-CLUB Meeting

Max · 9966

Offline Max

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: July 10, 2010, 12:14:44 PM
Today, the first ToshI-CLUB Meeting was held at The Ritz-Carlton that is a really gorgeous hotel located in the middle of Tokyo.
Most of participants were women and many of them were dressed up though some guys were wearing casual clothes like jeans.
I had expected that it would be a sit-down style show because I felt the venue was so gorgeous and formal, however it was standing style like a club.

At first, the MC woman called names of 20 winners who could luckily get a present from ToshI.
I couldn't get it unfortunately... :(
Then she introduced ToshI's new album that contains 4 new songs.
It seems a DVD that contains "Amaoto" recorded at his Sayonara Concert in February and some back stage shots is attached.
Also, it seems a large size photo book with his essays is attached as well.
It was announced that the album is going to be sold on his website this month and delivered to purchasers early next month.

After that, ToshI finally appeared!!
There were a lot of people in front of me and I'm not so tall, so I could sometimes see a part of his face between people's heads.
He talked about the new album, then sang a song from it called "Hoshizora no Neptune".
It was a really beautiful song and ToshI's voice was sooooo amazing and perfect!!
He also said that a DVD that contains a whole show of his Sayonara Concert might be released.

Then a special guest Heath came, they talked about the pv shooting in LA in January, ToshI's Sayonara Concert, their new song "Born to be free", and others.
Their talking was so fun, so we laughed a lot :D

After Heath left, ToshI talked about a new project performed by ToshI and Yoshiki.
It seems they have already started recording for it.
He talked about a song called "Crystal piano no kimi e" that was made by himself.
He told that it's a song in which he expressed his feelings that he felt when he broke up with Yoshiki and reunite with him, and when he let people out of Japan listen to this song, they all cried even though they didn't understand Japanese lyrics.
I already almost cried when hearing the title because "Crystal piano no kimi" means definitely Yoshiki and it felt so deep.
After he started singing this song, I couldn't stop my tears and cried a lot....., it was so moving and touching.....
Even now, it brings a tear to my eye.... :'(
I thought I was so happy to listen to this song live.

After ToshI left once, we shouted "Encore! Encore!", then he appeared again... with Yoshiki!!
People got more excited and moved forward.
They talked for a little while, then performed a part of "Rose of Pain", "I.V." and "Forever Love".
Unfortunately I couldn't see Yoshiki playing piano, but their performance was so exciting and amazing!!
I was so impressed and almost took on an absent-mindness….

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 12:37:23 PM
^Wow, you are so lucky to have been there, new songs!!! I wonder if any YouTube clips will be put up?

shane140

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 01:17:43 PM
ThanX alot for the info! The new song with Yoshik seems amazing.I hope it'll pop up on youtube soon.
I'm looking forward to the new album!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:29:30 PM by shane140 »

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 03:58:58 PM
That sounds so awesome...^^
You are so lucky you could be there.
Could you possibly tell us at all what the lyrics of 'crystal piano no kime he' were?
I am guessing you probably don't remember the full lyrics but just a little bit or a summary of the song...
I'm very curious...^^;;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 04:04:56 PM
ThanX for the summary :) A nice insight into what was happening.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:11:46 PM
Thanks a lot for your report, max! :)

Aaah I hope we'll be able to hear this "Crystal Pano no kimi e" song aswell soon. I'm very curious about the whole new project of toshi and yoshiki!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 10:30:12 PM
Thanks Max for the beautiful report!!!
Want those dvd's....
So curious about those new songs...hope they will be on youtube.
Did anyone took pictures from the event of was it forbidden? (At Japan Expo it was forbidden, but many many people took their camera once entered in the Live House  :D

Were there many people at the fanmeeting?

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 11:27:05 PM
Thanks Max

Offline purplexpride

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 04:47:08 AM
Thanks for the report. I wish I could listen to Crystal Piano no Kimi. Project Toshi and Yoshiki sounds really great!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 08:36:47 AM
Here is another beautiful report from ToshI fanmeeting in Japan: it is written by Keiko Hamaguchi on her facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=588516141&v=info
ToshI ClUB meeting
2010.July 10 th pm2:30 – pm3:30
At Ritzcarlton Hotel Tokyo (Tokyo,Roppongi)

At the reception,we needed to give cameras to the staff ,because taking pictures was prohibited…

Most of guests were dressed up, a couple of guests were wearing Kimono.
There were no cosplayer,because cosplay were prohibited …

There is a piano in the hall,and we stand in front of the stage.
MC started to talk about ToshI’s furure works.
ToshI finished recording of his new solo album. It is include 4 songs.
1. Hoshizora no neputune (Neputune in the star light sky)
2. Otoko no pride (the pride of men)
   In this song,PATA plays guiter.
3. Kokoro no naka wa itumo red. (inside of the heart is always red)
In this song,PATA plays guiter.
4. Nagoriyuki itsumademo (forever vestigial snow) 
   (This song is written about his mother… ToshI met his mother again his parents home but there was no father in the living room anymore…)

This album include DVD. In that DVD “Amaoto” which perfomed with YOSHIKI and SUGIZO at ToshI’s last concert is recorded!! It is slso include the scene of rehearsal of that concert.
The CD jacket is “LP record “size. ToshI’s picture and essay is included.

YOSHIKI and ToshI is working for new project for two of them.

Concert information about Nissan stadium live show.

Finaly,ToshI appeard from the door!!

ToshI is wearing black jacket,pants , white scarf,sun glasses ,sparlkling brooch, and ring.Same as recent appearance.

ToshI started to talk

ToshI: today is our first meeting of ToshI CLUB.I was came back from france 2 days ago… I had music video filming for X JAPAN in L.A.

(audience screeming something.)

ToshI: Don’t talk to me :-] (joking)

ToshI: I finished recording new my solo album already.I will sing one of it now.

ToshI started to sing “Hoshizora no Neptune” ( Neptune in the star light sky)
(ToshI’s voice is sooooo clear and beautiful,amazing!! The song is like “moonstone”)

( after that song,staff brought a tall chair and ToshI try to sit ,but it is too tall for ToshI …looks so funny)
ToshI: This chair dosen’t fit me…

MC: Please talk about the new album

ToshI: all of 4 songs and lyrics were written by myself. Also produced by myself. The guitarist who always drank (it is about PATA :-) )plays guiter for 2 songs.
This album include DVD of “amaoto” two.This song is perfomed with YOSHIKI’s piano and SUGIZO’s violin at ToshI Last concert on February 24 th ,2010.I’m editing it ,and waiting for YOSHIKI’s OK :D We need to wait for YOSHIKI’s permission (jokeing)
and this DVD include the Ura video (jokeing…..Ura means hidden usually, Ura video means adult video) No…… It include the scene of rehearsal of that concert.This time only “Amaoto” but There are dranker( it is PATA…) who said “why not mine?” and “ToshI-san why not mine” (Toshi took off HEATH with Osaka dialect).So I’m thinking to release full version of the concert DVD.
CD jacket’ pivtures are taken at Los Angels and I worte essy about feeling when I met again with YOSHIKI at the music video shooting at L.A last January and Last concert.

MC:…….. eh---- (looking at memo) Could you tell us about the DVD?
(ToshI already had toled about….)

ToshI: ( laugh) Yes .That DVD is include video of “Amaoto” and………………………………
( ToshI explain the DVD gain sameway… everyone are laughing)
ToshI: It is not funny thing (jokeing) .This album will release biggining of August.

MC: Today, a guest is coming. HEATH from X JAPAN.
(everyone screeming ang call HEATH)

HEATH appeared!! HEATH was wearing knitted cap,sun glasses .

HEATH: I just came around here,so I’ m coming.
(ToshI was offering his chair for HEATH, and HEATH sit the edge of the chair and ToshI sit on the same chair!!!!

ToshI: Eagle sniper which we performed at the Last conert was so cool.right? The most expensive back band … When you said that you want to play that song,I thought you didn’t understand the meaning of my concert (jokeing) Other member brought acoustic songs ,but …. You brought rock tune song…But the arrenge was jazzy. It was so cool!!

HEATH : ToshI-san , you hadn’t listend yet my tape…I arranged it and I was thinking to change for your key…

ToshI: The song took the most time for the rehearsal.
We had shoot the new music video at Los Angels .This time producer was YOSHIKI ,so we are worry about it would finish….But ,fortunately it finished

HEATH : I hadn’t lietend that song yet when I went to L.A. Sugi-chan told me “like this”by skype but….and I listened it at first at the PV shouting…

ToshI: It was the first time for us to shoot like live show style.

HEATH : how about the PV shooting at L.A. on January?

ToshI : We shooted PV at Kodak theater and ole theater? And studio in Hollywood…

HEATH : Was it Hollywood? That was located downtown.

ToshI : Don’t mind ,Nobody can understand that was located Hollywood or downtown
(jokeing) We would say all place were “Hollywood” (laugh)
When we shoot the scene of “masquerade”, members took off the masks.Thay were so cool…but….me…. I was wearing sunglasses under the mask…So it liked I was wearing mask under the mask…..

MC: It is time for HEATH leaving. He’s gonna next work…
HEATH left…

MC: Could you tell about the YOSHIKI and ToshI project.

ToshI: I made the song about the first meeting ,leaving, meeting again with YOSHIKI… We met at first when we were 4 years old.
I made listen this song for YOSHIKI,YOSHIKI said “It is so cool”( ToshI took off YOSHIKI” .and I made lieten it for american staff、Thay don’t understand Japanese,but Thay were impressed this song.I’ll song this song for the last.
“clystal piano no kimihe” (for man crystal piano)
ToshI played piano and sang….

Lyrics is like “I was thinking it would be last when I saw your back playing piano….”
It reminded me about the scene of LAST LIVE which is held in 1997 as the breakup concert….I couln’t stop to cry… everyone were crying….so touching song…

ToshI talked something and finished.

[Encore]

Finally.YOSHIKI appeared!!!!!
YOSHIKI was wearing casual cloth ,cap and sunglasses.

YOSHIKI : I was recording until 2 pm and arrive just a few minutes ago. We had a press conference yesterday, no? a day before yesterday? We’ll have concert!!
Audience : I’ve already booked!!
YOSHIKI : really? The ticket had already sold out!! It is joke :P

( YOSHIKI sit in front of the piano)
ToshI : Are we plaing something?

(Audience screaming!!!)
YOSHIKI : No, you guys are so optimistic .(jokeing)

(Audiece screaming, Born to be free!! Rose on pain!!IV!!)
(YOSHIKI suddenly started to play the phrase of “Rose of pain”

YOSHIKI : But ToshI ,you dosen’t remember the lyrics,right?
Audience : We’ll sing together!!!

YOSHIKI kept to play piano and ToshI started to sing “Rose of pain”,thay finished it middle of the song. Until “Iki-wo koroshite mitumeru. And ,next YOSHIKI started to play phrase “I V” Audience sing together “In the rain,find the way” .only that part…
Last song was “forever love”

This event finished….

That was so amazing event.Thay are so close!! It was first time to see ToshI singing closely,and YOSHIKI also.
I can’t wait for ToshI’s new song and YOSHIKI and ToshI project!!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 05:34:34 PM by Ann1958 »

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 08:58:42 AM
Thanks for posting all of the info!

I am a bit confused - I thought Toshi's last concert and album was supposed to be the end of his solo career? A few months later and he is announcing new songs and an album?

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 09:20:33 AM
Yes, but he is a musician, so he makes songs, he can't do otherwise I suppose  :D
Very glad to see that.
I liked very much his songs from Samourai Japan.
So, I am very curious to hear those new songs, and very curious also about ToshI and Yoshiki project.

shane140

Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 11:14:18 AM
Yeah, I guess he just has an urge to keep creating new songs.(Which I'm so happy about, I thought he'd never continue his solo career)

Offline Max

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 01:26:37 PM
Thank you everyone for reading my report :)

Unfortunately, we had to leave our cameras at the entrance, and taking pictures, shooting videos and recording sounds were all prohibited :(
I’m not sure if there was anyone who tried to do such kind of things secretly with cell-phone or something, and I haven’t found anything related to the event on youtube so far.

I’m afraid I don’t remember exact lyrics of “Crystal piano no kimi e”.....
I really want to listen to this song again!
The lyrics expressed….like, the sadness that ToshI felt when he sang the last song with Yoshiki’s piano playing probably at their last live before breaking up, then he regretted the past.....and now he determined that he’ll never leave Yoshiki.....
Hmm..., it’s hard to say… Sorry for my poor explanation.

Regarding ToshI’s Sayonara Concert in February, he said that “Sayonara (Good-by)” meant a farewell to break away from his solo career in the past, so he was reborn and started new career as a singer at the concert.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 01:42:53 PM
Its a shame that he's throwing in his solo works pre-1998 as part of his painful past as well, yes back then he didn't feel right with himself/being a rockstar and secretly he was quite sad a lot of the time, but it was the same thing with X back then as well, so I don't see how he can still look at his pre-1998 solo works in that way.

But anyway, I'm glad he's started up his solo career again, and the song with Yoshiki sounds awesome.

"ToshI started to sing “Hoshizora no Neptune” ( Neptune in the star light sky)
(ToshI’s voice is sooooo clear and beautiful,amazing!! The song is like “moonstone”)"

F*** Yeah!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:51:27 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 01:51:19 PM
I am glad ToshI decides to continue his solo career, he can show it off to Masaya, that he's definitely  can do it without him. Now I am hoping ToshI can hired back all T-earth members, I felt sorry for them because Masaya and Wanku problem, they've lost their job.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 02:21:25 PM
Hmm..., it’s hard to say… Sorry for my poor explanation.

Your explanation is good Max!
I understand you very good!
Hopely the songs will leak out within a few days... :D

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 05:43:26 AM
Ever since Samurai Japan and the "last" concert were announced, I was thinking it wouldn't be really the last of his career because of many things, like him opening a Fan-club. But I also thought it would take him a lot more time to start releasing stuff again, maybe a year or two.

This is a great signal, however. It means that he's walking forward, trying new creative stuff, writing things, etc. His pre-Masaya works were really awesome, yeah, but even then he only really wrote a minor part of them. He had A LOT of collaborators during these years, basically because he was such a big hit in Japan at the time. Now he seems to be doing things by himself (with the "world's most expensive band" sponsor), and the result is really beautiful. Airport and Amaoto are some of his best works ever.

I can just imagine that Toshi has a lot of ideas he wants to sing, since he was unable to do so with his own words for the past 12 years, even if in the scenario that he agreed with Masaya's music philosophy to an extent.

shane140

Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 01:14:10 PM
I agree with you blues, now that Toshi is free to write and sing whatever he likes, his opportunities are (almost) endless.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 05:03:52 PM
Impatient to hear Cristal Piano no Kimi and other new songs from ToshI and T and Y project... :D
Common Youtube!!!

shane140

Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 07:03:34 PM
I hope Toshi's website has samples from the new album like before, if so, they should be up soon if it's released beginning of august. What I'm wondering is, is the new CD for ToshI-club members only? I'd really like to own it so I hope it's scheduled for general release.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 07:14:28 PM
@shane140: I hope the same things as you  :D
I want those dvd's of cd's!!! Don't forget the overseas ToshI !!!!

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 05:15:20 AM
Thanks Ann and Max!

I wish that his American Fans could join his fan club.  :'(

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.