X Japan Press Conference on July 8th

AsukaMiyu · 14407

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: July 08, 2010, 01:28:20 PM
Okay, since I don't really know where to put this, as the news are about a lot of different things, I'll just open a new thread, yay. XD

There's a nice summary of the press conference here:
http://www.xplosion-online.com/index.php/en/news/x-japan-news/186-x-japan-press-conference-yokohama-lives-a-north-america-tour

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:16:10 PM
Does this mean that I.V, Jade and Born to be Free aren't going to be on the albumsince they're singles?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 05:19:59 PM
I don't think so, Dahlia was mostly made up by singles also.

Awesome news though!

This is my administrator color.

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 07:39:25 PM
For fuck sake... Where's Europe? Yeah right, lets just forget about em after 60x cancelations.

Awesome that art of life is on the album though.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 07:40:47 PM
The band might also perform a new song from SUGIZO during the lives.
what? O.o.... so an X song composed by sugizo? if so... wow.. never thought that yoshiki would let write one of the other members (except hide sometimes). I'm sure that this song will be amazing! hopefully something fresh and new (yoshiki seemed to be a bit too repetitive for my taste lately)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 07:44:19 PM
The band might also perform a new song from SUGIZO during the lives.
what? O.o.... so an X song composed by sugizo? if so... wow.. never thought that yoshiki would let write one of the other members (except hide sometimes). I'm sure that this song will be amazing! hopefully something fresh and new (yoshiki seemed to be a bit too repetitive for my taste lately)

Did he actually say an X Japan song by Sugizo? Or just a 'song' by Sugizo? I'm cautious about taking this at face value - given Yoshiki's total creative dominance over the band and the fact that X Japan's live shows often involve "solo" sections, where members play their own music.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 08:02:19 PM
Awesome that Art of Life is on there, that pretty much garauntee's them success, but I think it would've been smarter to leave it for the second U.S album, (which they must obviously be thinking of for some point in the future) because the reception from new US fans (imo) would be "this band is awesome, favourite band for two years, how can they possible get better" then another album with art of life comes out, *holy shit*. It would be like they're getting better as years go on.

I might be wrong, that's just how I see it, don't reveal your best right at the start.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:04:09 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 08:35:10 PM
Awesome that Art of Life is on there, that pretty much garauntee's them success, but I think it would've been smarter to leave it for the second U.S album, (which they must obviously be thinking of for some point in the future) because the reception from new US fans (imo) would be "this band is awesome, favourite band for two years, how can they possible get better" then another album with art of life comes out, *holy shit*. It would be like they're getting better as years go on.

I might be wrong, that's just how I see it, don't reveal your best right at the start.

I think that would be a good option if Art of Life was not already available/released but if people are that interested in X they will not want to wait 1-2 years for Art of Life on a second album as it really is too epic to wait!

Imagine listening to the new album (without Art of Life), thinking hmm I like this band, go to Google and YouTube for more info and find Art of Life, have a listen - wow awesome song - will I wait until they release it officially here, or will I download now? I know I would struggle to wait………in fact I did, when I first listened to Art of Life I knew I HAD to have it straight away, I loved it so much!

I know what you are saying Ulquiorra and it is true - it would be an epic way to follow up their initial album but with the internet I don’t think it is possible to have the same impact if they were to leave it to a big second album reveal as most fans will have already heard it. It might actually work better this way, people hear the band at Lollapalooza, they think hmm I like them and might pick up their album, album comes out they buy it – listen to Born to be Free, Rusty Nail….all the songs (likely) played at Lollapalooza then Art of Life……………wow this band are awesome! Boom - hooked!

That is just my opinion though, I know when I hear a band I like I want to find out about their past albums/songs, clips of live shows - basically any info I can. It was certainly the case when I first heard X - I couldn't get enough!!

I wonder if it is a re-recorded version of Art of Life with Sugizo – that would be epic!!! Hopefully it is not the radio edit and is actually the full song! Wonder if they will shoot a PV for Art of Life? Haha!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 09:33:01 PM
I doubt the full version would be in an album with other songs....
Also, certainly anyone who sees the band and finds them interesting will simply go back home and google/youtube them rather than wait for the CD to come out, right...?
At least that's what I would do. Google/Youtube/download whatever I find and then if I still like the band by the time the CD is out, buy that too.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 10:47:52 PM
^Ha, it will be quite a surprise for those who see them at Lollapoolza to go home and YouTube them, without knowing who they are, and finding SO MUCH STUFF on them dating all the way back to the 80's...and seeing clips of their Tokyo Dome concerts...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 07:16:01 AM
i love it, ART OF LIFE

Ex denxdenx

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 07:44:47 AM
Can't see the full version of Art of Life being included on the album, except it's a double album.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 11:47:12 AM
Can't see the full version of Art of Life being included on the album, except it's a double album.

Agreed, they will probably release a radio edit or shortened version or maybe just not re-record the song at all and release it as it is.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 11:48:30 AM
More translations form the conference

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/1/5024/x-japan-heading-towards-their-first-american-tour-in-october-yoshiki-this-is-a-restart-in-various-meanings/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dxradicaldreamers%26hl%3Den&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhi1lZ2PHwqlXrr_2IgdU_bd8KUGKw

Toshi: "I Did not really think about making a new album. This is the final start line. I think with this in mind, I would like to Shout it with all my might and leave no regrets."

What does that mean? Planning a breakup afterthe tour? :(

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 12:25:34 PM
Huh? How did you come to the conclusion that they will break up after the tour? o_O
(Nevermind that the tour will takes yeaaars if they continue in they way they did till now... :P)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 12:25:52 PM
Toshi: "I Did not really think about making a new album. This is the final start line. I think with this in mind, I would like to Shout it with all my might and leave no regrets."

Yea, that sounds rather confusing...to me it sounds as if he didn't really think this would be a new start, but perhaps a proper finish...just a short lived reunion....and now he is saying he wants to give it his all, with no regrets?

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 12:39:50 PM
@mC That's how I understood it aswell. oO

At the moment it feels like X is doing pretty well. :) Hope thingss will go well with ther america-project aswell...

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 12:51:45 PM

Yea, that sounds rather confusing...to me it sounds as if he didn't really think this would be a new start, but perhaps a proper finish...just a short lived reunion....and now he is saying he wants to give it his all, with no regrets?

Wasn't that what Yoshiki had said at some point too?
In some of the interviews close to the first 3 tokyo dome reunion lives?
At least that's what I understood at that time, that they reunited because they wanted a proper ending..but because of the fans' response they decided to go on...
I dunno, at least that's what I thought all this time..

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline XScars

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xjapan.de
Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 01:02:30 PM
It can also be interpreted as that he didn't think that they would make a new album but that it has changed and this is the start line to do it... and that if they don't do it now, that it will never happen (the final/last chance)... thats why he wants to give everything to make it a success...

I think we can interpret a lot of things into that... so all we can do is wait and see what comes... and hope that there is a lot to come ;)

*Katrin

From now on I will try to live for you and for me
I will live with love and with dreams
and forever with Tears...
(Yoshiki - Tears)
http://www.xjapan.de

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 01:02:41 PM
Ever since 2007 Yoshiki has always been careful with his words regarding the reunion and has always said he "doesn't know how long it's going to last for". Then of course there was the title for the-now-canceled world tour, which was "Final ~ To end our pain" and Toshi's recent comments that his work with X Japan is merely "fulfilling a promise to an old friend".

Draw from that what you wish :P

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 01:59:11 PM
and Toshi's recent comments that his work with X Japan is merely "fulfilling a promise to an old friend".

How recently did Toshi say that?

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 02:23:25 PM
I think they will continue X Japan as long as they can!!!
And I hope that will be for many years!!!
I wish good health to them and big success wherever they go.
And I will be at the concert in Europe after the American tour!
And I like IV, Jade, Born to be free, and all the old songs!
We are X!!!

shane140

Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 09:55:45 PM
I think the reunion will be permanent for many years, at first it was only going to be for a little while I think, but after everything that's happened, it's made them stronger friendship wise and it's making them carry on(and the fans are too of course!)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 12:26:43 AM
In terms of the North American tour, I believe Toronto may well be on the map as well, which is a dream come true for me seeing as I live there! My reasoning for this is because a few weeks ago a friend of mine was at the Miyavi show here in Toronto and he said that at the end it came up on a projector screen saying "X JAPAN COMING SOON" so we're all ZOMG FREAK OUT! Also, all of these sources are saying a North American tour covering 10 cities and then they name about 5-6. It would make sense to me because Toronto has a very large Asian population ;p keeping my fingers crossed!

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 11:52:40 AM
LULZ, Europe fail once again.

PARTY HARD

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 10:31:57 PM
LULZ, Europe fail once again.

The last will be the best!!!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 02:45:19 PM
I don't understand anything of what they are saying, but it seems very funny!!!?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw7xTW-nMds&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Offline Daylan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 05:14:02 PM
I do hope that X japan will do gig's/ make album's. I guess all good things will have to end at someday,(not at least until I die ;)
I wish they'd come other places in Europe like Finland :D , but I don't think that's possible, because Finland doesn't have so huge amount of fans.
Maybe someday I'll be able to see them live!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 05:36:06 PM
I think there is more chance for seeing them in Finland than in Brussels  :D
I think there are really many Finnish fans, at least many Scandinavian fans from X Japan, really much much more than in Belgium!!!
Don't desespere, and otherwise, come to Paris concert, that is what I gonna do, because Brussels...no chance...

Offline Daylan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 03:48:13 PM
I think there is more chance for seeing them in Finland than in Brussels  :D
I think there are really many Finnish fans, at least many Scandinavian fans from X Japan, really much much more than in Belgium!!!
Don't desespere, and otherwise, come to Paris concert, that is what I gonna do, because Brussels...no chance...

Yeah, this is good start. Maybe some day, maybe some day. They would probably perform at helsinki.
But going to paris costs a lot, even if I had money final exams are coming, gotta be prepared for those :(