Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan cover band (@ Whisky(6/30))

Extasy_vox · 2319

Offline Extasy_vox

• View Profile
on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:18 PM
Hello, we're in a cover band for X Japan and our first gig is going to be at Whisky A Go Go(on Sunset(LA)) on 6/30(Wed).
We're opening for a local heavy metal band, but we would like to show everyone here that there are X Japan fans in the US!
We have a very cool song list(some songs from before X Japan became a 'major' band). We go on stage at 7:50pm.
If you're willing to support us, I'm willing to pay for the first several tickets($10 each).
Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you! ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:46:47 PM by Extasy_vox »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:52:38 PM
First, I moved the topic to Covers section (ovb. since you are a cover band :P ) even though, in a way it IS a 'need help' kinda topic :)

Second, sounds really interesting! If I wasn't living thousands of miles away I'd make sure to come! Whisky A Go Go is a special place for hosting Taiji's band recently also. I'm pretty sure there were several X fans there (the question is if they'll know you are playing :P )!

But for those who cannot come (on this forum it's mainly for geographical reasons I'm sure) - do you have a webpage or MySpace? Would be interesting to listen for sure! Specially since there are many indies and Vanishing vision era fans on this board.

In any way, good luck with the gig!

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:32:41 PM
for those who cannot come (on this forum it's mainly for geographical reasons I'm sure)
Yes!!! Europe is faaaaar away, otherwise I would come!

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:48:44 PM
Extasy, You are the one who covered Eagle Sniper right? I saw one of your videos on Youtube.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline Extasy_vox

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 06:52:23 PM
Yes, that’s our bass player singing his heart out(lol).
We don’t have a video of the whole band yet(since our first gig is coming up*), but maybe we will upload some practice sessions. But I'll let you know as soon as we have something to show you.

Thank you all very much for your support!!

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:32:54 PM
I wish you guys the best of luck, I live in Portugal but I hope my support reaches your performance.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.