Reply #182 on: November 23, 2018, 08:32:43 AM

(taken from discord chat)

positively unsure。

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: November 23, 2018, 10:26:02 AM

There was no "time" to release it during 10 years. But there was "the right time" to release Hello Kitty, Curry Spices, Kimonos and two songs with fucking Hyde.

Sometimes seems like he just don't want to lose the highlight from himself.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #184 on: November 23, 2018, 10:39:08 AM
I dunno what to say about it... It's just mean to say this to the fans. but what have I expected? A miracle of Yoshiki changing his behavior?

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #185 on: November 23, 2018, 03:22:06 PM
Saying the album is done and ready for release, but not releasing it is playing with our dear little fan hearts. It's not cool, Yoshiki!  :'(

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: November 23, 2018, 07:27:11 PM
WTF?   >:(

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: November 24, 2018, 05:26:44 AM
He said something similar a few months ago. My guesses are,

1. He isnt on good terms with Toshi right now and is being coy about future X activities

2. He is waiting for the band to have more momentum (a USA tour or something)

3. He doesn't care

This is all just speculation on any end

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: November 24, 2018, 08:00:38 AM
And of course there is plenty of time for the new Yoshiki live youtube channel which he is on, live-streaming, almost every single day... and we have to PAY for it, but we don't get the CD... YET.   SMH.  This is getting old... very old.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: November 24, 2018, 11:26:02 AM
So the album is completely done but will not be released yet? Completely paradoxical but very yoshikiish.

However, he might have meant that it will be released at a more convenient time, commercially speaking? (but using Yoshiki's translator so "I don't feel it right now" etc haha)

Quote from: Joker
two songs with fucking Hyde.

Two? I knew Red Swan, but there is another one?

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #190 on: November 24, 2018, 11:41:50 AM

Quote from: Joker
two songs with fucking Hyde.

Two? I knew Red Swan, but there is another one?
Hyde is releasing a single called "Zipang" in which Yoshiki plays the piano. Soooo... yeah he had time for that somehow.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: November 24, 2018, 12:12:07 PM
So the album is completely done but will not be released yet? Completely paradoxical but very yoshikiish.

However, he might have meant that it will be released at a more convenient time, commercially speaking? (but using Yoshiki's translator so "I don't feel it right now" etc haha)

What is a better time then the weeks before Christmas?

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: November 24, 2018, 12:19:44 PM
If he doesn't release it for Christmas, I am gonna tear my hair out!!!!!  :P

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: November 24, 2018, 01:45:01 PM
If he doesn't release it for Christmas, I am gonna tear my hair out!!!!!  :P

It definitely wont be out this year

Idk to me it seems like therr are internal problems in the band again. He wanted to record a big single under the X banner without Toshi and now he is stalling the release of a finished album.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: November 24, 2018, 01:53:51 PM

There was no "time" to release it during 10 years. But there was "the right time" to release Hello Kitty, Curry Spices, Kimonos and two songs with fucking Hyde.

Sometimes seems like he just don't want to lose the highlight from himself.

But without these things my life would be no fun. Last night I took a bath in Yoshiki wine, then lay on the bed in my Kimono eating curry flavoured crisps then I arranged my selection of Yoshikitties into a band formation and we did our own version of 'Say anything' conducted by an alpaca. Please tell me 'fucking Hyde' is a new action figure? It sounds like something I would be interested in!  ;D ;)

In all seriousness though I doubt any of these things actually require that much input from Yoshiki. I think it just more likely that these companies see a fun way of making money from Yoshiki's name and he is happy to go along with it. I imagine he just turns up at occasional meetings signs off a lot of Yoshkitty designs, tastes a packet of crisps and wine and does occasional promotion here and there. I don't imagine he is sketching Yoshikitties and pressing grapes in a vineyard. Let's be honest though if someone approached me and asked if I could make money by sticking my name on a cute cat or if I would like my own brand of wine then I wouldn't refuse!  ;D

The article did aslo have this question:

I was thinking watching your concert and your film, We Are X,’you have given so much of yourself in creating your music, and I was wondering, do you get that back as well?

Completely. Without music I’m probably not even alive. I was very suicidal. Maybe not past tense, maybe still. But when I do charity work as well as composing music, the music really helps me to be sane. Music is my medicine. It’s like my blood.

The world is becoming chaotic these days. Anything can happen, in a good way or in a bad way. I like to contribute my music to a more positive thing.

I think herein lies the answer. I have always viewed Yoshiki as someone who struggles mentally with depression and depressive thoughts. Depression is such a tricky and awful beast and it manifests in so many different ways. Its really common for depressed people to be very self involved as their minds are so consumed by negative internal voices that their life can become a battle to do things to raise their state or to just keep going. I think when Yoshiki says it's not the right time to release the album I think deep down that may mean that its not the right time for him to release the album, as in some ways I think it has become a crutch that keeps him going. I think he knows that this is going to be the last album and I don't think he is ready to let go of that just yet as I think the 'album' is what keeps him going. Combined with mental and physical difficulities I think there is probably an internal battle in his mind struggling to accept the realities of aging and letting go of certain things. I kinda get the impression that Yoshiki is a little lost in life at the moment and perhaps he is looking for the next thing to do in life before he can let go of the album forever? Maybe this is why he is doing things with Sarah Brightman and Hyde to kind of build another direction for himself after the album is released?

Toshi has his own interests in cooking and doing his own solo work and Sugizo has his other bands and music and his humanitarian work.
 I feel like Yoshiki struggles more than the other members with life. I think luckily or unluckily for him he has the 'Yoshiki circus' to follow him around to do things for him which perhaps gives the impression that he is more 'functional' in life than he perhaps is. I think the attention and love from the fans really does keep him going as I think he is still carries this burden of guilt for Hide and Taiji.

I think on the outside for us fans it seems so obvious what needs to be done to promote X, release the album, do a tour etc. I think the reality is perhaps really very different as I think there are probably many people living off of Yoshiki's name and lifestyle along with this celebrity LA pressure to attend events and get your face out there all the time. I feel for Yoshiki in many ways.

There is also the possibility that he has the inside knowledge on the music scene and may know something we don't.

I think someone said that him and Toshi may not be getting on? I can't see that myself to be honest. Toshi's last tweet to Yoshiki was

'Happy birthday yoshiki‼️ I wish for your happiness from the bottom of my heart. Many thanks🤞🏻😎'

That doesn't sound like the words of people who aren't getting on  :D I'm sure Toshi doesn't let things get to him as much these days after the trauma of the cult days.

Anyway, I must love you and leave you all. I have to go and watch a video of Toshi dressing his dog in a Tuxeodo with cat ears!  :D :D

That Toshi quote is more reassuring. I hope they are ok

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: November 24, 2018, 05:03:36 PM

What is a better time then the weeks before Christmas?

There is not imo. Seems more like typical Y's statement regarding the not-so-new-anymore album.

BUT considering the fact that this quote seems recent maybe this Christmas wasn't conceivable (production, marketing, distribution etc.)

Again, that would only stands if it's actually true that the album is finally done etc.
And it seems he said that a couple months ago, as someone here said, so...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: November 24, 2018, 05:53:14 PM
1. He isnt on good terms with Toshi right now and is being coy about future X activities

3. He doesn't care

This.

I think when Yoshiki says it's not the right time to release the album I think deep down that may mean that its not the right time for him to release the album, as in some ways I think it has become a crutch that keeps him going. I think he knows that this is going to be the last album and I don't think he is ready to let go of that just yet
(...)
There is also the possibility that he has the inside knowledge on the music scene and may know something we don't.

And this.

Methinks that waiting much longer to release it would be a big mistake, though. He wasted a few great opportunities to drop this album with all the va-va-voom it deserved: the first "world" tour circa 2011, post-Madison Square Garden in 2014, post-Wembley in 2017 and around the We Are X hype last year. Right now the band is not very active and have no major scheduled performances in Japan or in the West, so I agree that there's a lack of momentum. But don't sit on that album for another ten years, Yoshiki, I'm afraid there won't be many of us around by then.

Please tell me 'fucking Hyde' is a new action figure? It sounds like something I would be interested in!  ;D ;)

Can confirm, it's an action figure. Five inches tall, comes with a glitter and bodypaint kit so you can style it as you like. ;D

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: November 25, 2018, 03:07:41 PM

3. He doesn't care

This.

I think when Yoshiki says it's not the right time to release the album I think deep down that may mean that its not the right time for him to release the album, as in some ways I think it has become a crutch that keeps him going. I think he knows that this is going to be the last album and I don't think he is ready to let go of that just yet
(...)

And this.

Methinks that waiting much longer to release it would be a big mistake, though. He wasted a few great opportunities to drop this album with all the va-va-voom it deserved: the first "world" tour circa 2011, post-Madison Square Garden in 2014, post-Wembley in 2017 and around the We Are X hype last year. Right now the band is not very active and have no major scheduled performances in Japan or in the West, so I agree that there's a lack of momentum. But don't sit on that album for another ten years, Yoshiki, I'm afraid there won't be many of us around by then.

Please tell me 'fucking Hyde' is a new action figure? It sounds like something I would be interested in!  ;D ;)

Can confirm, it's an action figure. Five inches tall, comes with a glitter and bodypaint kit so you can style it as you like. ;D

The "momentum" would be 2016. The release of "We are X" and the Wembley concert he was announcing for an year, which would be exactly THE concert to release the new album.

Then the concert was cancelled due to Pata illness. Postponed it to an year later, and, guess what, the album which would be released on the first date wasn't "ready yet".

There is no more excuses for this delay. The band isn't active anymore, their last performances were far from their best, Toshi and Yoshiki are noticeably not in good terms.

This album may never come. So does a new tour or whatever.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: November 25, 2018, 03:32:56 PM
While I agree there aren’t any excuses any more, I thought the last performance was good and sadly Pata is the one that can’t really play well anymore. Yoshiki and Toshi seemed fine to me, nothing happened in that concert or the other 2 that said they weren’t on good terms. People that went to the other 2 concerts actually said they were worried about their relationship but after the concert  they were relieved because they seemed very friendly.

Also, during Yoshiki’s last concert, after Hyde sang and left the stage he praised Toshi saying how he met him when he was 4 so he was lucky to always have an amazing vocalist with him.

But anyway, I’m done with the excuses. It’s always poor Yoshiki, he must be depressed blabla. No. That doesn’t excuse anything, there is a limit. Why on earth did he have to say what he just said on that interview? He could’ve kept quiet instead but he consciously chooses to say all this shit. Everyone talks about Yoshiki but what about Toshi? He also grieved for hide and Taiji, he went through hell and back for 12 years, he has his own physical problems and this year he released 2 albums, 2 DVDs, a couple of other songs, music videos, etc.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:41:49 PM by pt_93 »

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: November 25, 2018, 09:07:43 PM
The "momentum" would be 2016. The release of "We are X" and the Wembley concert he was announcing for an year, which would be exactly THE concert to release the new album.

Agree. I cannot quite comprehend how they missed the boat back then. Perhaps the damn thing *really* wasn't ready or maybe there was stuff happening that our fan minds cannot even fanthom. Either way, it's a bloody shame. Unless they throw a stellar world tour in the coming years, I don't see how they'll be able to replicate the 2017 hype.

There is no more excuses for this delay. The band isn't active anymore, their last performances were far from their best, Toshi and Yoshiki are noticeably not in good terms.

Disagree. I thought their last performances were pretty good for dudes their age (hit me up when I'm 50, I doubt I'll be in the mood to throw a speed metal concert for 100 000 people). And as far as I know, there's no actual evidence that they're on bad terms, just that Toshi was mildly bummed about the Red Swan thing. After all this time, can they really get on each other's nerves? They probably know each other's antics far too bloddy well by now.  ;D

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: November 26, 2018, 08:27:12 AM
I think he does not release it simply because he's scared. Fear that it will not be the best album ever.
The great Legacy Band X Japan, with the wonderful Yoshiki released a mediocre album? After all the years of production? Impossible! It has to be great. So do not publish an album as one, which is not the best album in the world.

But those are just my 2 cents

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: November 27, 2018, 02:10:00 AM
Hyde doll? Where??????????????????  ;D  :P

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: November 28, 2018, 08:24:50 AM
Taken from discord:

positively unsure。

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: November 28, 2018, 05:27:52 PM
I think he does not release it simply because he's scared. Fear that it will not be the best album ever.
The great Legacy Band X Japan, with the wonderful Yoshiki released a mediocre album? After all the years of production? Impossible! It has to be great. So do not publish an album as one, which is not the best album in the world.

But those are just my 2 cents

I agree, though it doesn't make much sense considering we already know a huge part (if not the entirety) of the album ; and when you make fans long for more than a decade, you have to know you won't get the "that the best album ever" feedbacks you want to hear.

Offline REM ~Piscean Dreams~

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: November 29, 2018, 01:56:31 AM
Taken from discord:

OH MY DAHLIA!! I'm DYING!!! X"DDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: November 29, 2018, 05:16:52 AM
Taken from discord:

OH MY DAHLIA!! I'm DYING!!! X"DDDDDDDDDDDD

Lol i made this.

Well,  there’re some songs we don’t know. Like the complete version of Kiss The Sky, Rockstar and a couple of more songs

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: November 29, 2018, 05:37:50 PM
Lmao thats hilarious

I dont think it will suck. I just dont think it will be worth a decade long wait. Nothing is, though.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: November 29, 2018, 09:35:35 PM
I don't even care if it sucks at this point. I just want a damn album.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #208 on: November 29, 2018, 10:12:23 PM
Amen to that.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: November 29, 2018, 11:03:45 PM

I have to agree.