• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

THE Lollapalooza Thread!

AsukaMiyu · 105804

Offline drivedrivebaby

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: August 06, 2010, 03:40:27 PM
I'm also worried about Pata making nervous mistakes.

With his trusty JD, how is this possible?! XDDD

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: August 06, 2010, 03:57:33 PM
If x fail then they atleast  tried.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: August 06, 2010, 04:17:47 PM
They will not fail, they will have great success!!!
If Pata does mistakes, so what??? It is a life performance!!! I prefer a great life performance with some mistakes than something perfect from puppets!

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #123 on: August 06, 2010, 04:44:39 PM
Musicians are human beings too, they are capable of making mistakes. X really have nothing to worry about and should enjoy the moment, they've shown that they are capable of playing in front large numbers in the past.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: August 06, 2010, 05:06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-ftJvQ5W4

Lollapalooza report, the first report/advert in the US advertising X Japan , f'ing awesome! Yoshiki's small interview could've gone better though XD.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:36:31 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: August 06, 2010, 05:29:51 PM
Sometimes I'm wondering: what would he do in interviews if he hadn't his hair?  :D

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: August 06, 2010, 06:18:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-ftJvQ5W4

Lollapalooza report, the first report/advert in the US advertising X Japan , f'ing awesome! Yoshiki's small interview could've gone better though XD.

He looks absolutely worn out, I think even his grey haired routes were showing - I guess the stress is finally catching up with him xD

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #127 on: August 06, 2010, 06:45:37 PM
"about...like....you know...ahm... ... ... ... ... I don't know...."

...YOSHIKIIII! XD *headesk*

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: August 06, 2010, 08:00:54 PM
Sometimes I'm wondering: what would he do in interviews if he hadn't his hair?  :D

Pulling his shirt's sleeves actually.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: August 06, 2010, 08:04:16 PM
What truely bewilders me is how he seems lost for words given that he's said practically the same thing to every single interview he's done regarding X Japan's first show in America.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: August 06, 2010, 08:13:00 PM
Was just looking on the lollapalooza forums and it seems there's a no camera policy there, which sucks, so the likelyhood of seeing any footage on youtube is pretty much zero, unless someone sneaks a camera in and they're in the middle of the crowd.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #131 on: August 06, 2010, 08:18:18 PM
Cameras are allowed, what they mean is you can't bring in professional ones with multiple lenses.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: August 07, 2010, 09:23:20 AM
hopefully somebody will tape it with a cam and good mic. :D

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: August 07, 2010, 11:31:51 AM
Lolla is attended by like 1/4 of a million people, there's no way they could police a no-camera policy XD

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: August 07, 2010, 11:45:50 AM
Tension = rising  ;D

I'm wondering where do they do rehearsals when they have to play on a festival? In a studio or so? I suppose they can't do rehearsals where they will play.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: August 07, 2010, 02:00:33 PM
Tension = rising  ;D

I'm wondering where do they do rehearsals when they have to play on a festival? In a studio or so? I suppose they can't do rehearsals where they will play.

They'll probably just be rehearsing with the same set-up they're going to face live, in terms of amps, moniters and lighting at least. Where they rehearse doesn't really matter as long as they're using a similar set-up.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: August 07, 2010, 03:30:40 PM
I thought it is important also to have rehearsal on the stage of performing, to know how it feels to be there and so further. In theater at least it is so, mayby in music that is not so important to feel the stage? I don't know.
Anyway, I wished it was already tomorrow  ;D
I am so very curious  :D

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #137 on: August 07, 2010, 03:40:38 PM
I thought it is important also to have rehearsal on the stage of performing, to know how it feels to be there and so further. In theater at least it is so, mayby in music that is not so important to feel the stage? I don't know.
Anyway, I wished it was already tomorrow  ;D
I am so very curious  :D

This is not possible with festivals where there are so many bands, there's just little time to change the equipment between bands...

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #138 on: August 07, 2010, 04:23:30 PM
It depends on the efficiency of the technical staff at each festival. I would have assumed that in terms of musical instruments, the setup will be very standard, while the pyrotechnics and extras would have been planned early on. Also remember that each stage has a one hour gap between artists, so this will allow for the technicians to make sure everything is in working order.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #139 on: August 07, 2010, 05:03:23 PM
Yeah... Usually people bring at least their own guitar and bass heads and drums etc., cabinets are easy to rent... It just takes that hour to plug all the stuff, put drums and drum microphones together and do the sound check and so on. When you have a concert of your own you get to rehearse on the stage. Most bands arrive like couple of hours before their slot because they have other festivals sometimes even the same day. Well that's how it's here in Finland anyway....
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:05:58 PM by andi3 »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: August 07, 2010, 05:31:25 PM
Guess we'll find out tomorrow wether they've completely ruined the opening of Kurenai by possibly replacing the guitar intro with the violin one (which is basically just the chorus in violin).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:00:25 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Radi3nt

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: August 07, 2010, 05:43:29 PM
Sorry guys. I'm from Vietnamese X-freaks forum.Sorry for bad English. Of course we're looking foward to the show tomorrow but 4 PM in Chicago is 4 AM in Vietnam. So if anyone here listen to the radio for the show, would you mind recording it. We really appriciate your help. Thanks o<( ^^)p~~~~~o
P/S: This is another link to WLUW 88.7, just click and it will play:
http://radiotime.com/WebTuner.aspx?StationId=30828&

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: August 07, 2010, 05:58:02 PM
Ulquiorra, how can that be a ruin that violin intro from Kurenai? That is soooo very beautiful!!! I am confident for tomorrow, it will be a great success!
Radi: I don't know how to record that, surely someone can do it. Are you sure on that radiolink you give, we will be able to hear X Japan live at Lollapalooza? It will be which hour in Europe?

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: August 07, 2010, 06:02:58 PM
The violin intro, as heard on the kurenai pv demo videos, does sound great, but its just a different version of the chorus. The original acoustic guitar opening played by hide (and Sugizo can easily play it too) has a completely different composition to the chorus and the rest of the song, its an iconic/memorable opening, just as much as led zeppelins' stairway to heaven is, you can't just replace it with different version of the chorus.

Not only that but according to that pv preview, Toshi's first chorus "I couldn't look back" ect. is getting cut from the song too.

This of course all depends on wether that was just a demo of the song or not.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:06:05 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: August 07, 2010, 06:11:03 PM
Ulquiorra, don't compare with those little pieces pv's you saw, that are just little pieces made for that Pachinko I think, that are not the real PV's!
Just think back at the reunion concerts, where there did that violin from Sugizo on Kurenai, that was really fantastic!!!
Don't forget it is a live performance tomorrow, not a PV for Pachinko thing :D
It will be OK tomorrow!!! ;D

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #145 on: August 07, 2010, 06:12:52 PM
Ulquiorra, how can that be a ruin that violin intro from Kurenai? That is soooo very beautiful!!! I am confident for tomorrow, it will be a great success!
Radi: I don't know how to record that, surely someone can do it. Are you sure on that radiolink you give, we will be able to hear X Japan live at Lollapalooza? It will be which hour in Europe?

4pm in Chicago will be 10pm in UK, I think. Someone please correct me if I am wrong  :D

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: August 07, 2010, 07:14:46 PM
I'm in the uk and I'm pretty sure the US is 6-7 hours behind us, so it'll probably be 11-12pm over here by the time the concert starts, more likely around 12 pm.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:16:41 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: August 07, 2010, 07:20:25 PM
Chicago is exactly 7 hours behind Germany ... so 23:00 here. That would be 6 hours for UK :)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: August 07, 2010, 07:20:55 PM
Current local time in Chicago = 13 h 18 and on my pc = 20 h 18: so difference seems to be 7 hours, UK mayby 6 hours if UK doesn't do the summerhour? Is there summerhour in UK?

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: August 07, 2010, 07:23:28 PM
Just checked, its 1:21 pm in Chicago, exactly 6 hours behind us, so the concert should start at 10:00pm in the uk.