THE Lollapalooza Thread!

AsukaMiyu · 106266

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: April 06, 2010, 06:03:11 AM
I thought we might need this thread, now that X JAPAN are officially confirmed to play there!!!! ;D ;D ;D

http://2010.lollapalooza.com/

*jumping around eXcited*

EDIT by Hypno: the setlist

1. New Epic Opening
2. Rusty Nail (English and Japanese)
3. JADE
4. Kurenai (with hide on the big screen, Yoshiki on piano and Sugizo on violin)
5. I.V.
6. X
7. Tears (SE; complete English version)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:53:56 PM by Hypno »

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 06:23:19 AM
Woot! I am jumping with excitement too :D Its nice to see it confirmed!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 06:24:56 AM
haha :D

but check out thier profile on lolla... http://2010.lollapalooza.com/band/x-japan
there are at LEAST 2 mistakes! xOx;;; I already contacted them about it, hope it'll be gone soon >_<

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:39:39 AM
awesome to see it confirmed. Now I hope somebody with bootleging gear will go there and tape it. I would if I could, but I cant....
Anyways, this is great news. Finally X are active again. I'm very curious about their setlist..but it's still gonna take a while until August.
Hopefully this is their World Tour restart gig ^_^;;

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:49:41 AM
Rolf! They have Foriegn Sand listed under the examples of X-Japan songs for first time listeners to listen to, after 10 seconds Roger Taylor comes in, they'll all be like "WTF is going on!?!?!".

And ffs, that is not X-Japan's homepage, omg are they trying to fucking misrepresent X-Japan. People who've heard of X for the first time click on X's "homepage" link and suddenly they get a giant pink fluffy rose shoved in their face.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 10:54:49 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:56:25 AM
Asuka and me already contacted the Lolla management. It's really early in the morning there right now (about 5am) and they must be super busy since announcing the bands but I hope they'll notice and fix it soon.

This is my administrator color.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:33:05 PM
http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2010/04/lollapalooza-announces-2010-lineup.html

The mix includes veteran acts (Devo, Social Distortion, Mavis Staples) and newcomers on their first albums (The xx, Cymbals Eat Guitars). Though there are token R&B artists (Erykah Badu, Raphael Saadiq), a splash of exotica (Japan metal veterans X Japan, Venezuelan acid-funk outfit Los Amigos Invisibles, Nigerian-German singer Nneka) and even a reggae artist (Jimmy Cliff), the vast majority of the music centers on guitar-based rock and electronic music, with a substantial lineup at the Perry’s DJ stage.

hmm, splash of exotica? haha japan metal veterans, lol

Ex denxdenx

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:24 PM
I can't decide if I have the money and energy to fight all of my co-workers to get my summer leave around those dates, get ticfkets for USA and travel there alone (cause I don't think any of my friends here can follow :S) to get there when I don't even feel like going to USA and the idea of music festivals half scares me.....x_x;
My want to see X is having a huge battle with my boredom and unwillingness to fly in that place....not to mention the flight ticket is gonna be hella expensive...T___T

I wonder if we stillhave enough chances to ever see them play in Europe...

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 03:16:03 PM
http://midnightinaperfectworld.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/the-x-japan-guide-for-lollapalooza/

They should read this. Anyway I'll be trying my best to make it for all three days as there are at least 10 acts that I want to check out. It's going to be expensive but nevermind, got to make the most of moments like these!

Arcade Fire
X JAPAN
The Strokes
Grizzly Bear
The National
Frightened Rabbit
Fuck Buttons
2ManyDJs
Hot Chip
Yeasayer

Must see in bold!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:34:34 PM by TG »

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:39:03 PM
@roseofpain
Ha, I'd rather save that money and go see them when they play a FULL show in japan instead... xDD

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 03:49:31 PM
Lollapalooza is three days of immense fun (I went to a similar one in NYC last year). It's not like the festivals in Europe that often or not are rowdy and violent, the atmosphere and the people are amazing. They do offer day tickets meaning you'll get to see X and at least 4 other bands. For my personally, I paid $170 to see them in Hong Kong (face value) so $210 for three days of music is a real bargain when considering the caliber of other artists on the lineup.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words

shane140

Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 04:43:30 PM
OMG:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/derogatis/2010/04/now_its_really_official_lollap.html

Read that..

"X Japan: Extremely silly-looking Japanese metal with a sound that is only slightly less laughable."

The idiot probably wouldn't see talent when it's right in front of him.

Soundgarden 1 and a half stars also! Unbelievable.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 04:56:36 PM
http://midnightinaperfectworld.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/the-x-japan-guide-for-lollapalooza/

They should read this. Anyway I'll be trying my best to make it for all three days as there are at least 10 acts that I want to check out. It's going to be expensive but nevermind, got to make the most of moments like these!

Arcade Fire
X JAPAN
The Strokes
Grizzly Bear
The National
Frightened Rabbit
Fuck Buttons
2ManyDJs
Hot Chip
Yeasayer

Must see in bold!

should add ORGASM in their set list

Ex denxdenx

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 05:39:25 PM
that guy is just your typical American who see Japanese and automatically hates them. i thought we grew up over time but i guess not.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 06:29:29 PM
I'd love to see them perform Orgasm as it really get's the crowd pumped up, however they will only get around 60 minutes.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 06:48:40 PM
Didn't Yoshiki once say in an interview that Silent Jealousy is very hard to perform for him nowadays? Though, that was before the operation but somehow...if he had trouble then I don't think he'd ind it easy to play it now....so, I don't think it's gonna show up in the set list as much as I love it.
Though, you never know....

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 07:10:27 PM
Dear All

Please do not post comments such as: "X JAPAN ARE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD and the rest of the line up are terrible" on other message boards. Not only is this completely subjective, but it also gives the band a bad name. It's perfectly fine to say X is a good band, but please do not insult the rest of the lineup and don't attack other people's opinions. If someone says "X Japan is a rubbish hair band from the 80's", don't attack them but instead educate them about the band's recent history in a non-biased point of view. Thanks :)

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 08:51:00 PM
I'm so glad to know it's official ~ but now I need to make up my mind for those damn plane tickets... I wish they would tell us now if they plan to do the LA & NY lives in august too! >_<

OMG:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/derogatis/2010/04/now_its_really_official_lollap.html

Read that..

At their beginings people called Kiss stupid too, so I guess VK can look funny if you've never seen that kind of bands before... but I never agree with musical critics anyway, haha. xD

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 10:15:02 PM
Aftershows are quite popular at Lollapalooza:

http://discuss.lollapalooza.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=575040&mpage=1&key=&#575041

Q: What qualifies as an "official" aftershow?
A: Last year, C3 Presents added a new feature to Lollapalooza: aftershows. Roughly 20 Lollapalooza artists played "official" aftershows which took place in venues throughout Chicago

I'm not really sure if X Japan would have an aftershow, I guess it would make sense for all the people who are going just for them.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 10:44:42 PM
Okay, maybe that's a little offtopic but since it probably means that they'll perform everything in englisch at lolla.... here you go

(Copied from Xplosion Online)
Just now some more X JAPAN news reached us thanks to Natalie. According to the news website, X JAPAN are planning to release a new full album this summer. The album will contain both, old and new songs which will be held completely in English.
The recording started in March and is planned to be finished end of June.

Thus, X JAPAN will apparently not only play a show in Chicago in August, as we have reported before, they will also be able to present a new full album that their fans were longing for since a long time.

However, because of a not-yet-existing official confirmation, we still should handle these news with some care.

I also heard that according to YM, they already recorded an english version of Rusty Nail during the last days...!

shane140

Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 12:16:35 AM
@AsukaMiyu ThanX for the news!

I love that they're releasing a new album finally but. In my opinion, it NEEDS a few Japanese songs on there at the very least. If not on the main album then on a bonus disc? I also hope they release the extended Japanese version of IV Yoshiki kept talking about when they first reunited.

Whatever happens, nevertheless I'll definitely be buying.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:18:05 AM by shane140 »

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 07:58:21 AM
omg new album in June!!!
I hope it's true :D

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 08:02:42 AM
question : any live broadcast for this show? any possibilty for downloading?

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 08:34:55 AM
omg new album in June!!!

Wait, wait, just because they are planning to finish recording in june, that doesn't mean the CD well be out by that time. :P
Though, well, it really should be out by lollapalooza at latest!!! xD

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 01:33:31 PM
I'm not going for the event, but I definitely hope the response will be good! Gain some new fans, and restart their world tour XD

Am anticipating the new album, will surely buy it! But I thought it'd be better if it doesn't entirely contains english songs...doesn't feel X JAPAN to me lol :P

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 03:12:50 PM
I'd definitely like to go but I don't see it happening. Hopefully they will play more shows in the states. I'd rather see a full set anyways. Really good deal though that's for sure.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 03:54:29 PM
omg new album in June!!!

Wait, wait, just because they are planning to finish recording in june, that doesn't mean the CD well be out by that time. :P

Yes. Look at Jade, "recording" for more than an year and we don't have even a single yet.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 04:05:43 PM
question : any live broadcast for this show? any possibilty for downloading?

I think they broadcast an hourly program that shows various acts. I am not too sure if they'll show X Japan, but if they do they I guess it'll only feature one song.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 11:09:47 PM
new album in June!!!ohhoho