• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Fast food

cherrybeary520x · 7491

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
on: February 26, 2010, 03:16:48 AM
I want to know your views on fast food. Do you think it's bad. Do you think it's good? If you respond, I would appreciate it alot.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:16:31 AM
Personally I hate it, I'll eat fast food on very rare occasions, but I always feel awful after I do. So greasy, blech!

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:42:28 AM
We are not designed to eat such crap.  Of course, we are addicted to it (well, some are) even though we know how bad it is.

I won't go into how I feel about McDonalds or I might get kicked off the forum.  Let's just say it's not good. ;D

Eat more greens!

We are X!!!!!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:06:12 AM
uh... I only eat that if I need some cheap(!) food quickly! xD but well, I only eat it very rarely... I'm more into "real food" ;P
Of course it's "unhealty"...but I don't even really think about that, it just doesn't LOOK good in the first place... xDD

Hmm, in the last half year I've been to Burger King 2 times, that's all. I think that's a good statistic! :P

@Tanabata Mmmmmh vegetables! <3

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 07:34:17 AM
I eat very often at fast foods, basically because they are the cheapest places where you can it and stay as long as you want (which is a plus when it's freezing cold outside and you have nowhere to go).
As for the fact that it's not healthy... a Big Mac is about 500 calories, you need to eat at least 1200 per day. It's healthy enough for me.

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 07:55:35 AM
I eat fastfood but not really that often, maybe a burger every two weeks or so. But will try out Mos Burger in June, really curious if it's good.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 08:33:04 AM
I hardly visit fast food chains. Actually the main reason is on the contrary to others who posted here, I find it expensive there ;D
About whether it is healthy or not I don't care really, as I eat what I want and when I'm in the mood to. But I tend to eat some sandwiches in the city, as it's the fastes way to get something to eat when I'm not at home.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 09:40:14 AM
LOL well I only buy the 1€-Burgers or so IF I go, that's enough for me...XD The rest is sertainly too expensive...
I also prefer sandwiches or if i'm very hungry asian noodles :D (Ha, and it's a pitty Subway it soo expensive... *pouts*)

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 09:44:11 AM
I do the same as Asuka Miyu, I only buy the cheap things.  :) but a whole fast food menu is still less expansive than a menu in a restaurant.

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:14 AM
It may be less expensive, but a meal at a 'real' restaurant is a lot better imho.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 10:17:48 AM
Really don't like fastfood. I prefere real food, with real vegetable, real meat, real potatoes or rice or whatever. But it must be REAL!
When I go out eating, I always think afterwards: I prefer my own food.
Simple food that you make by yourself is also cheaper, healthier and more delicious.

But I agree if it is for hiding the cold wheather outside, it must be interesting.... :D

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 10:24:51 AM
It may be less expensive, but a meal at a 'real' restaurant is a lot better imho.
Better in taste? Yeah, probably... but when you're short on money you don't really care about taste.

People who are against fast foods have usually never taken the time to think about what kind of people eat there. Students, single mothers with children, homeless people. In my opinion, this whole "controversy'' about fast foods being unhealthy is just bullshit. Of course, if people had a choice, they would eat caviar. But they don't. Great for you if you can afford to eat veggies and "real" meat. Lots of people can't.

[sorry if I sound pissed off... but this is REALITY, guys]

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 10:36:14 AM
but when you're short on money you don't really care about taste.
Holy shit! When I'm short of money, the least I'd do is to throw the few money I have away in a fast food restaurant! Instead I'd rather go into a supermarket, buy some noodles or a soup and would eat that! I could eat twice or more for that and it would cost me less than 1 euro for one meal! o__O
And not 7 for a 'cheap' menu at mc donald's
If the reality is that people who have no money go to a fast food restaurant, I don't wonder where their money went - really not. This is stupidity.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:39:44 AM by Maverick »

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 10:41:38 AM
I am a single mother with children!
It is cheaper, healthier and better in taste to make real food by yourself. I am about 15 years alone with my daughters, I know what is cheap AND healthy. It also depends where you buy the food that you are going to make.
Anyway, I still prefere my own food.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 10:49:33 AM
Weeeeell, so 5 months ago I moved to Berlin for my internship and live on my own there, with really not much money to spend. While the rest of the office wents out for lunch everyday, and I mean *restaurants* by that, I had to come up with my own plan. I COULD buy some fast food stuff, which would be around 2-3€, but instead I most of the time cooked something myself. with that the price for a full and nutricious meal with vegetables and meat is around 1,00-1,50€ or less! And it doesn't take that long to cook either, so there's really no reason speaking against it. XD

(ha, I think Bento had a good effect on me... xP )

....okay now I forgot what else i wanted to say....oh well...xD

anyway, real food FTW! :P

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 11:45:33 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Of course it's way cheaper to cook noodles or rice at home, but sometimes you can't. I used to live in places where there was no water and no electricity, that's the poverty I was referring to.
Sorry for the misunderstanding!

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 01:05:08 PM
No water/electricity is a bit extreme. In the US fast food can be cheaper than real food. And the variety is much bigger than just burgers. They have Chinese (Asian) places, Mexican, Greek, Italian etc. And the real reason behind the popularity of fast foods is in it's name - they are fast. Some people don't have time to cook during lunch, breakfast or maybe even dinner.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 01:07:05 PM
Better in taste? Yeah, probably... but when you're short on money you don't really care about taste.

Was not only talking about the taste. The meals you get at a real restaurant (or if you decide to cook yourself at home) are most of the time more healthy than the meals you get i.e. McDonalds, Burger King, KFC,...

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 01:25:43 PM
It really depends on what fast food really is. If it's quick service takeaway style, then HK has some excellent fast food in the form of rice and noodles, and of course the usual McDonalds/KFC's. I once had a KFC that consisted of chicken and mushroom rice, coleslaw with ice lemon tea. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of British fast food as it's mainly generic burger and chips and it's not exactly cheap.

That being said..some of the best burgers I've ever had were in Asia in the form of Mos Burger and Triple O burger joint, my friend who was in Singapore mentioned some holy grail of burgers called Ramly burger, is anyone familiar with this?

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 01:27:54 PM
I follow what you were saying Ashura Shadow that people who have no water and/or electricity can't cook their own meals, but I figure that people who suffer such poverty will also not have internet.
And I think cherrybeary was asking whether we eat fast food or not.
I said "used to live", I got out of this situation, thanks. But if you really want to know my story, here it is: I ran away from my home when I was a teenager and spent a lot of time living off the streets. I usually don't talk about it because people don't understand how it is out there. I met homeless people, migrants, gypsies, and they were the ones who helped me out. Now I've got a job and home but I still have ties with those people. In the morning we would often meet up at the local fast food, and share our plans for the day. I guess that's why those places are special to me. I don't really know anything about the other people who eat there because they enjoy the food or whatever. For me they were the only places where I could stay without being kicked out.
I'm sorry if this got off topic, I was only trying to point out why a certain category of people eat in fast food restaurants (but this is the off topic section, after all...).

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 03:25:33 PM
I try to stay away from fast food places as much as possible. But if I want some, I try to stick with Subway or Chipotle. They are a bit more healthier due to being able to have veggies and able to see/choose exactly what goes in your sandwich or burrito.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 03:36:39 PM
OMG I <3 Subway SOOOOOOO much! I miss it :'(

This is my administrator color.

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 06:50:57 PM
well, I do like McDonald's - not because of the great food but because it tastes the same everywhere, be it states-side, Egypt or China. I do travel quite a bit, and after prolong period of strange food (or not quite what you are used to or expected ), McD is a welcome sight.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 09:39:58 PM
I generally hate the taste of fast food. In New Zealand we have a "fast food" chain called Burger Fuel. It is probably the only fast food I enjoy eating as the burgers are good quality, non processed ones.

Fast food is cheap and convenient but I will usually only go to those types of places if my friends want to go. I always like the sushi option though....its fast, healthy and not that expensive.

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 11:35:00 PM
Well I for one love fast food! McDonalds ftw!!! And pizza... and kebabs....
-drool-

This is my moderator colour

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 10:24:33 AM
Hmmm, thanks, by the way, this is for my school project, I will not be quoting you, just a little thing I want to know from you. I got curious.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 10:32:13 AM
well, I do like McDonald's - not because of the great food but because it tastes the same everywhere, be it states-side, Egypt or China. I do travel quite a bit, and after prolong period of strange food (or not quite what you are used to or expected ), McD is a welcome sight.

Well my daughter hates fastfood.
But when she returned from London being there for a week, she told me the same thing. Happy there were fastfood  :D