• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan Film Gig at Suzuka - August 22nd 2009

Sander · 20423

ben

Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 02:37:14 AM
thanks for posting the video but this is just a rip from the broadcast isn't it? so, the final studio version when it is released will sound better.. not the song itself.. just the quality

about the studio version itself though.. the verses sound better.. Toshi's vocals are great;  in particular the harmonies in the verses are nice. the drumming is interesting, i can hear they are MIDI or VST drums or something like that, but it does the job, for the sake of his physical well being
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:42:11 AM by ben »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 03:01:01 AM
What happened to the noisy guitar? No solo? No noisy guitar?
I don't care about the MIDI drums. He used MIDI drums on Dahlia and I.V.

But, NEEDS MOAR GUITAR. Two fucking great guitarists, and the song almost hasn't guitar.

ben

Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 03:06:58 AM

But, NEEDS MOAR GUITAR. Two fucking great guitarists, and the song almost hasn't guitar.

i know what you mean.. as i said, it seems like this video is from a recording of the broadcast.. so the studio version when it is properly released, should sound much better, and all the instruments balanced like "I.V"

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 08:20:15 AM
Damn, I can't listen to it.. (this pc doesn't have sound XD)
But you guys don't really sound that excited.

Extending the comment I have to say Yoshiki has contradicted himself several times while making this song. "this shall be the heaviest X-Japan song ever", then the live version comes and its nowhere near as heavy, because its half ballad and has no kickass metal riff like Stab me in the back/Sadistic Desire, now the official versions here, and going from "this will be the heaviest X song ever", its even softer than the live versions, Yoshiki went completely back on his statement twice.

Lolwtf it's just as "heavy" as I.V. to me, and that's not heavy at all.
Come on Yoshiki, at least try to be creative...

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 09:14:34 AM

lol, this is a problem since i don't know when. I mean, in Rose of Pain, the guitars are non-existent

PARTY HARD

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 09:15:25 AM
Well, I love it..........

You know, they should release this film gig on DVD this year. I would definitely buy it!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:21:27 AM by mC »

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 10:58:00 AM
is this recording better?

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

shane140

Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 11:19:08 AM
is this recording better?

hmm,i don't think so, they both sound the same to me, as in same quality.

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 12:58:29 PM
no guitar solo is a problem for me

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 01:00:55 PM
Playing Devil's Advocate here:

Yoshiki has had major neck and back problems since the early 90's and yet he has played his heart out for his fans at every live, at considerable cost to his own health, finally driving himself into surgery for the damage. Lazy? Could it be that he simply can't play anymore and so had tocut corners where he could to save his own health? Not sure why he took out the strings, but drumming and piano take great effort.

What, so he's so badly injured that he can't even play drums in a studio environment? Then how the hell is he going to go on a world tour? Really, that's a terrible argument. It either whittles down to one of three things, A) He, for some reason, thinks obviously fake drums sound better. B) He's lazy. C) It's not the finished version.

No he didn't.

And one more thing, Toshi's vocals sound echo-ey because they are harmonized. I can also hear blatant auto-tuning in some of the parts, so I'm assuming that this must be a demo, right? Yoshiki wouldn't release something like this... well, the Yoshiki of old wouldn't.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:04:24 PM by Beauty/Broken »

shane140

Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 01:07:42 PM
hmmm, i'm confused, i thought this was the finished version...

to be honest i think the song is really good,and has great lyrics. It just could be improved, like using real drums,(only if he was being lazy, but if he used midi samples because of his health, then of courrse i'm fine with that) and as people have said, you can't hear the guitars,the drums just drown them, and no solo, just the same riff over and over.

and yeah, i'm sure yoshiki said "this will be our haviest song yet" yeah right, but as i said a great song, just could be improved a tiny bit.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:13:58 PM by shane140 »

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 01:41:55 PM
a good quality video from the GIG :  

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

shane140

Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 02:10:30 PM
a good quality video from the GIG :  

it looked great,too bad i can't understand what the two were talking about :( thanks !
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:15:44 PM by shane140 »

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 02:23:34 PM
What, so he's so badly injured that he can't even play drums in a studio environment? Then how the hell is he going to go on a world tour?

Considering two concerts have already been postponed, one of which is a repeat postponement of a previous cancellation, with no mention of a new date; and considering his doctors have been been telling him since he began touring again last year to take specific precautions, which he stubbornly did not take, there's a very real chance he won't be doing a world tour, a moniker he all but begged the promotions department not to use. He repeatedly said 'we'll see.' Now, until his physio et al are completed and he is given a green light, which could realistically take up to two years, the tour could well be in full, gears grinding, brakes locked stasis. There was always in the back of my head the very cold and real chance this tour was doomed, dead in the water after the previous Paris cancellation, and those of us who had hoped to see them simply won't, no matter how hard we rant and pout and stomp our fan feet and believe me, I am one of them. The fact that he made it this far is amazing and the administrative headache and chaos this surgery has caused must be enormous. In an interview Yoshiki gave to X Japan ru, found here: http://x-japan.ru/publ/67-1-0-203 Yoshiki mentions he didn't touch his drums in the decade between hide's death and his decision to return to the concert circuit. He concentrated on Violet UK and likely on Repo, neither of which required his drum kit. Bringing them back into the scene after a decade took its toll, one I don't think anyone was prepared for. Sorry, I just can't agree with you that a man who has diligently thrown himself into his work for almost three decades both to achieve his childhood goal of rockstar, as well as to lay the demons of his father's, and then hide's, death to rest, not to mention giving his fans what they want, can in any way be called 'lazy'. If his tastes have changed, so be it; if he is exhausted and simply hasn't the strength anymore, fine, understandable. He is human after all, and therefore frail. I simply have to agree to disagree with you on this one. *shrugs* sorry.

ETA: And Julien, most excellent video footage! Arigato gozai masu!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:44:41 PM by Faestian »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 02:50:28 PM
Thank you for your comment, Faestian. I couldn´t have said it myself in this manner, but you took the words right out of my heart. Couldn´t agree more with you.

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #45 on: August 24, 2009, 03:12:22 PM
wait, you guys actually think that the drums on Dahlia are played by Yoshiki? haha, hell no
A LOT of big bands use programs like ProTools and Qbase to make the drums.
I can know, Im going to school for this.

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 03:38:59 PM
I mean, in Rose of Pain, the guitars are non-existent

WTF??????

shane140

Reply #47 on: August 24, 2009, 03:51:50 PM
I mean, in Rose of Pain, the guitars are non-existent

WTF??????

i think Yu~Kun meant that the guitars arn't that loud and not, well, prominent enough, and i agree,i don't think Yu~Kun is  not saying that there aren't any there at all :)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 24, 2009, 04:16:35 PM
Considering two concerts have already been postponed, one of which is a repeat postponement of a previous cancellation, with no mention of a new date; and considering his doctors have been been telling him since he began touring again last year to take specific precautions, which he stubbornly did not take, there's a very real chance he won't be doing a world tour, a moniker he all but begged the promotions department not to use. He repeatedly said 'we'll see.' Now, until his physio et al are completed and he is given a green light, which could realistically take up to two years, the tour could well be in full, gears grinding, brakes locked stasis. There was always in the back of my head the very cold and real chance this tour was doomed, dead in the water after the previous Paris cancellation, and those of us who had hoped to see them simply won't, no matter how hard we rant and pout and stomp our fan feet and believe me, I am one of them. The fact that he made it this far is amazing and the administrative headache and chaos this surgery has caused must be enormous. blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

He's already said he is going to continue with the World Tour, which involves playing drums. If his physical condition was SO BAD he couldn't play drums in a relaxed studio atmosphere he probably wouldn't be able to walk properly or work as a musician in any capacity.

If you honestly believe that which you have just written then you're living in a world of fandom which is highly out of tune with the reality.

Sorry, but it's just no excuse. If he's using midi drums he's doing it by choice or laziness - either way it sucks and sounds awful and tackily produced.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 06:08:17 PM
I haven't seen Yoshiki play in a studio environment, but I imagine that, although it's not as 'physical' as at a concert, he still doesn't play 'normally'. Is it because that's the only way he knows how to play or not is not up to me to decide, but that's how it is.

And if he really needed surgery (I don't know how long was it planned in advance, but probably not too much, since they announced the Paris date a week before), then I wouldn't be surprised if even drumming in a studio would be a bit too much since playing drums DOES involve hitting stuff with sticks and the strain goes straight to the arms and spine (correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's how I understand it). I'm not saying he would wither in pain at every hit, but ruining your body isn't worth the outcome.

This is my administrator color.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 24, 2009, 07:50:23 PM
Just listened to the clip, at first I thought I was listening to IV - sounds really similar, more so than the live version!! To be honest, I personally don’t think this is the final version of Jade, I think it is more of a demo. Until it is released on a CD there is still the possibility that anything could happen to it………..a guitar solo, a piano solo, a rap solo, cowbells or even a family of sheep singing could all be added to the song. Ok, so I am being a bit silly, but the song could get totally turned upside down between now and a final CD version so anything is a possibility, it could be that very little changes, we really do not know - only time will tell! Yoshiki is a very clever man and I would not be surprised if he has shown this version in order to test the waters – to see what people think of it.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: August 24, 2009, 08:05:05 PM
I bet it will be the rap solo.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 08:52:06 PM

PARTY HARD

Offline nemetroid

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: August 24, 2009, 10:53:34 PM
wait, you guys actually think that the drums on Dahlia are played by Yoshiki? haha, hell no
A LOT of big bands use programs like ProTools and Qbase to make the drums.
I can know, Im going to school for this.

Well, I trust you on that. :) However, in neither Dahlia nor IV is it as blatant and sloppy sounding as in JADE. (Just listen to 02.05-02.10 in the Youtube vid. Those snare hits.. It sounds like whoever did the drums hasn't found the "velocity" setting).

And because of that, I'm somewhat confident this isn't final - Yoshiki has shown earlier that he can make programmed drums that sound much more polished.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 12:20:29 AM
I bet it will be the rap solo.

Haha, I think a rap solo would really mix things up - probably not in a good way, but you never know!!  But it is true, anything could happen between now and the CD version!

(Note: Just in case Yoshiki is reading this - if Jade does get released with a rap solo/cowbells/singing sheep I ask for some credit for these amazing ideas!)

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 12:42:31 AM
@ Broken/Beauty: Actually I am highly 'ejumukated' (that's humour btw) in matters concerning both health and sound recording, as well as dealing with contracts, etc. and blah blah blah (I thought I would throw my own in there since you chose to alter my 'quote' without my permission  ::)  ;)) So, I am afraid your argument just doesn't hold water. However, you seem determined to despise the man, so I will leave you to your enjoyment. He does have fans and friends who actually do understand and do care, and that is all that really matters. It has been both educational and enlightening to chat with you. Ciao. ;D

@ RoseofPain: Thanks for the explanation of laying tracks in the studio. Because of the flack Yoshiki has taken from his fans over the years, I spoke with a couple of 'pro' drummers about the matter. They said the ratio is about 70/30% electronics to kit drums, depending on the piece and the track? Does that sound about right? This is why so many drummers don't have the stamina for protracted concert drumming. When I showed them some footage of Yoshiki in concert he gained the title 'Kamikaze Drummer' and the response was "He's insanely good, and he's plainly insane!" lol

@Elefex: Love the ideas. Wish he had that kind of sense of whimsy and the absurd.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 06:53:35 AM
kamikaze drummer? sounds good

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 08:18:42 AM
Well, you cannot say that he does not try everything to live up to that name ^^

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 09:01:48 AM
Updating the lyrics after hearing this version, I'm positive I've got everything I've written correct, except for the repeat of the first chorus near the end, I have it as "Without the bleeding scarlet jealousy,
Cause away you'll bleed." but I really don't think that's right.

sink like a stone into the dark,
where no light can touch,
will God break my fall?
I feel the mystery tries to take me alone,
to the end of the world where I still believe,
Together its (something something XD)

Cause you are beautiful,
your glow was beautiful, yesterday,
I still hide at the scene of memories,
oh I still hold my rosary,
beneath the veil of love.

Will the tears, wipe the bloody thirst of love?
will they take away the stain?
cold like the stars of the sky,
blood in the ocean, the art of life makes me wanna die,
in a colour of heaven.

Ah, another day has gone,
another friend has gone, into the flame,
its burning love.

(japanese lyrics)

cause you are beautiful,
your scars are beautiful, like the jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea,
Without the bleeding scarlet jealousy,
Cause away you'll bleed.

Ah, now and forever, you'll believe,
let your destiny, lead your heart,
my Jade.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 06:46:43 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 09:09:17 AM
Thanks for the updated lyrics! No matter how much others bash this song and how horrible they think it is, for me it´s my favorite X song since I first heard it. I am glad he wrote it, and I really hope it will make its way on the new album :)