• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Twitter

xScQ · 3203

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
on: August 22, 2009, 12:04:24 PM
Last.fm, MySpace, FaceBook, YouTube, so why not Twitter.

Who is on Twitter and what are you following? I'm following MMA, comedians, a few bizarre blogs & dictionary.com @biteyourself

Very much cool. It's hard to find some of the bands though.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 12:08:12 PM
I refuse to participate in hypes, so no Facebook or Twitter for me. XDD

Offline R.C

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:42:57 PM
I have a Twitter but I never use it >.< I do follow some YouTube ppls there though...

But I hear a lot of them are starting to use "DailyBooth" instead now, it's really similar to Twitter except a lttle better :P

Now I'm alive...

Offline BloodofBathory

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 05:01:27 AM
I have a twitter...don't really look at it though. I follow Dir en Grey, Ellen Degeneres and The New York Times...those three have almost nothing to do with one another...lol ;)

The seven vices I love ~ They are all sweet poison ~ Born from my mouth

shane140

Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:09:56 PM
i don't really use Twitter that much, . i only use facebook for following bands and facebook will always be the best social networking site. IMO :)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 05:18:58 AM
I'm not fussed with any of the social networking gimmicks out there, where you are cooler because you have more "friends" than someone else....I mean come on! And Twitter is the worst of them all......has an appropriate name though, considering a lot of twits use them..............please...........take my apologies if I have offended anyone......

The only really social interaction I have on the net is through this forum, and that's because I have no one I know that has even heard of X Japan. Also there are actual discussions and constructed (even poorly!) arguments. Just my thoughts.....o and if X Japan start using Twitter......I will cry.....

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 05:46:50 AM
With friends and family all over the world and me not being fond of exorbitant cell or land line phone bills; and with little time to actually engage in IM due to a heavy calendar, I am on Twitter under my real name and I am on FaceBook likewise. This is a good thing because it is the only way to get hold of my editor once a month when he finally takes a coffee break. Talking with him on the phone is like talking to Alvin the Chipmunk on Speed. I am on MySpace under Faestian, but I admit to being really bad at maintaining that one. Apart from my rl friends on MySpace I follow Yoshiki, Sugizo, Miyavi, Dir en Grey, Left Spine Down, Dr. Steel and a couple of interesting up coming bands. On FaceBook I follow Criss Angel, again Left Spine Down, Dr. Steel, Dir en Grey and ocassionally a Toshi and Yoshiki fan page (and no I have no idea who runs those fan pages) I also follow my editor and the magazine, along with almost my entire family and all my friends but two. On Twitter, I follow Criss Angel and Dr. Steel, but most importantly I follow Rachel Maddow and Huffington Post for my daily dose of politics. Almost everyone else is a rl friend.

I don't care about the popularity contests and really hate all the games and appis people play on on Face Book but that is their time suck, not mine. These social networking sites have saved me hours in revenue and phone bills by allowing me to reach out to business associates, friends and family, on bad and good days. Without social networking sites I wouldn't have the same opportunities or a decent budget I have, and they are great promotional tools.

I am on one other forum other than this and it has nothing to do with music.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:50:47 AM by Faestian »

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 11:20:04 AM
I refuse to participate in hypes, so no Facebook or Twitter for me. XDD
but you have a myspace the biggest hype. lol

i have a twitter check me out i need some real follower

Follow Wearex316 on Twitter

all i follow are wrestlers and for some reason yoko ono is following me.