• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Vanishing Vision/Alive

Tanabata · 5759

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: August 11, 2009, 10:31:19 AM
I want to buy Vanishing Vision but being over 20 years old it's no longer available for purchase.  Does anyone know where I might be able to buy it, or download it?  I'm interested in the whole album but in particular "Alive".  Despite my rather large collection of X CDs it's not on any of them.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

We are X!!!!!

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:19:49 AM
Well lets see...Apart from the Ballad Collection, which is out of print now anyway, there isn't any other album that contains Alive, or any other of the songs from V.V., other than the album itself. As far as I know, and I have looked for a long time, there is no place that sells genuine, sealed versions of the album. You can try looking on ebay or amazon, but there is no certainly that the cds are legit.

As for downloads, the album is not available anywhere, legally. However it has been put up for download at various forums and sites around the net. I'm not too sure weather you are trying to get hold of a legit copy for your collection of just a copy to listen to. If you are the later, you can P.M. me and I can give you a link or two :P

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 02:08:13 PM
I asked a Dutch shopkeeper if she could find one for me, and she called someone in Japan to look for it. That person found it, eventually, and now I have the album.

But, if I'm not mistaken, you live in Japan, right?
Maybe you can find it there after a (long) search ;)

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:28:10 PM
I do live in Japan.  I'll keep looking!  Thanks.

And, MC, I sent you a PM.  Thanks for your information too.

We are X!!!!!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 07:41:14 PM
Since you live in Japan, can't you check the Japanese yahoo auctions?
There are many things available in there so you might get lucky...

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 08:03:24 PM
there are quite a lot of second hand CD stores in Japan, I am sure you will find it there.
or, I just checked amazon japan, there are some private people selling the album, the price seems ok, you can have a look.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 09:26:06 PM
I got mine on ebay.com. The price was ok, from a Japanese seller.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 03:59:22 AM
Yahoo auctions constantly have several on sale, also vinyls.

This is my administrator color.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 06:37:49 AM
I'd say your best bet is ebay, I got a copy of Vanishing Vision on vinyl from a Japanese seller for like $45 bucks.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 10:03:42 AM
I don't really think ebay is a good choice for her.
People who sell X Japan CDs and merchandise in ebay have realised that it's very difficult for the non japanese fans to obtain anything either due to language difficulties or due to the fact that nearly everything is sold out in the stores and the auction sellers will not ship abroad.....so they overcharge like hell. (I mean, I really don't think that you can sell the Dahlia album for $100....seriously.)

If you live in Japan, you can get a lot better prices from Japanese auction sites....and the shipment will be cheaper as well since they'll be sending it within the same country.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline nemetroid

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:22:46 AM
There are several companies that can help you with bidding on Japanese auction sites (e.g. Yahoo auctions). I believe that will set you off cheaper than going to eBay. One name I can remember from the top of my head is Akibado, which seems like a quite large site. There are probably others less known that take less for the service.

EDIT: Oh look there's a big post about this. :) http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2318.msg54818#new
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:42:39 PM by nemetroid »

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 04:01:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.  I'll follow them up.  In the meantime I'll enjoy the myriad of X-related material I have!

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 07:21:52 PM
I know this isn't exactly on topic, however I just found an amazing video few people have seen, a live performance of Alive from 1988, definatly the best toshi has sung it live, he does at some points sing the song a bit higher then he has on the other live vids we've seen, mostly at the beginning though, anyway here's the vid.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUS55srzYL4&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline Orbis

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 03:50:25 PM
Sorry for diggin' up such an old thread...

I'm planning to buy Vanishing Vision cd from eBay soon. However, I noticed that there seems to be 3 different versions: Original cd 1989, 1st repress 1991, 2nd repress 2000.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference in the appearance of these versions?

Week End, Week End, Week End, I'm at My Wit's End"

Offline Camazotz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 09:36:17 PM
They look different? I just realized that there are different versions but I have no idea what version I have, so I would like to know that aswell. :)

I belive if time passes, everything turnes into beauty.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 12:02:06 PM
I too was wondering what the different versions of Vanishing Vision look like.

I have seen some images of the cds and some seem to have a black obi and others have a red obi. Also the actual cd seems to vary in appearance, one is black with red writing on it and the other is black with a red circle/explosion looking thing and gold writing. I think the one that is black with red writing goes with the black obi and the one with the red circle thing and gold lettering goes with the red obi - is that right?

Which versions/pressings do the different colours represent? Are they official releases or have I described fake versions (which could very easily be the case!). If so are there any tips for the real CDs and what to avoid for the fakes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Camazotz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 08:40:32 PM
Yes, the black cd and the black obi are together, that's the one I've got and I think that is the one from 88, but I'm not sure. Just read it somewhere, but as I said before, I'm not sure.

I belive if time passes, everything turnes into beauty.

Offline Orbis

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 07:04:59 PM
As far as I know. No CDs from Vanishing Vision were made before 1989.
The LP came out in 1988 and 1st press of regular CD in 1989.

I now have the CD from 1989 (OBI unfortunately missing), and it looks like this (not my copy in the picture):

So the 2 things that look different in different versions are the CD itself and the back cover. Newer pressings don't have that grey X on the back cover. And the Red Circle/splash in the middle of the CD can be found only on the newer pressings.

Hope this clears things up...

Week End, Week End, Week End, I'm at My Wit's End"

Offline Nande_Ebisu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 11:26:01 AM
The first press (1989) also came with Private photo book which is a small booklet of about ten pages and contains some photos about each member of X.

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 01:18:42 PM
Thank you everyone!

You have all been very helpful! Especially the photos - makes it so much easier to understand!

;D