• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Live in Taipei - May 30

Maverick · 38803

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: May 31, 2009, 05:32:08 AM
^ X FIREWORKS!!!!!! IS THAT AwEsOmE or WhatZ!?!
a treat for your eyes...!

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: May 31, 2009, 05:36:37 AM
as one more concert I went, there will be 1 less X Japan concert left to see.

Oh I even got a big piece of lace from Yoshiki's...Muaaha it was so frigging  hilarious

BTW, one of the Taiwan reports above was unbelievable.  hide wasnt the fucking former lead singer FFS.

yeah one less concert from them....

was it from the wedding dress?

ya!! i was wondering why was hide introduced as the former lead singer for a few reports...zzz it was even on TV ?

yep edyork you should try to at least make it to the China or Thailand concert being in Singapore yourself or it's less likely in the future when they perfom in US or Europe.

YES that was from the wedding dress..no that lace from his head he initially threw to other side but it fell on the stage then picked up and threw to my side and 10+ hands were trying to get a piece of it LOL

Oh I agree with Lucs, yes boring setlist..but atmosphere wise, Nooooo wayyy.  Taiwanese cant sing for shite that's for sure as you guys will find out later KAKAKA...I so hope the camerman caught me being splashed by Toshi ...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 31, 2009, 05:53:50 AM
question : how about toshi voice quality last night?

Ex denxdenx

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: May 31, 2009, 06:03:15 AM
denxdenx, pretty much like at the TD shows.  actually he performed fast songs better last night where at the TD shows he performed Without you and Tears better than last last night.  I think that has to do with the Toshi's voice nowadays not just performance itself. 

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: May 31, 2009, 06:08:22 AM
BTW, the security was non existent last night so I believe a lot videos can be found updated on youtube soon. 

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: May 31, 2009, 06:11:34 AM
oic2, thanks holly.x . i really like toshi voice when he performed at Hong kong shows, almost perfect, except without u (where he almost ruined the song in the end). still, i want toshi to sing all the chorus in Tears (4times dry your tears with love in the end), he never did that again since dahlia tour 1995 accoustic live .

hope they will come to singapore

Ex denxdenx

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: May 31, 2009, 06:23:49 AM
oh you in Singpore?  thought edyork was from Singapore??  I dont think they will perform there but you could consider going to Thailand if they perform there in the near future.  (I dont mind going to Singapore as I know the place pretty well)

Toshi had perfected Tears at the Jan 17 concert which I firmly believe I would never hear him singing the song that amazingly again, so I am not getting my hope too high.  I do however hope they will perform a couple, just a couple more oldies in the future thats all I hope for.  If you read closely Yoshiki had said he wanted a 20th TD shows if possible..well from my point of view that's a hint that they might end with 20 TD shows and TD itself was reported to be only last for 20 years so it would be tore down and/or getting rebuild in the not to distant future.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 06:29:11 AM by holly.x »

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: May 31, 2009, 06:27:37 AM
@ holly.x : yeah i know the chances are almost zero to go to the concerts in the West =( i do hope they have more tokyo dome concerts because i'd really like to experience it there (haha ok im so fussy but of cos anywhere will be gd enough) oooooo TD demolishing?

ah lucky you!!! i bet you jumped really high haha everyone wants a piece of X!

chances of them coming to Singapore is probably -100 LOL owell......it's not even mentioned during the countdown gig anyway =/

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: May 31, 2009, 06:48:13 AM
holly.x = i m not from singapore. i m from indonesia, which singapore and malaysia are the closest place i can go if they perform there and wont cost me to much. also i guess X wont perform in my country, Toshi perform Tears very good in HKG concert, but he didnt sang all the last chorus, because the last chorus is the hardest part of the song to sing i think.

wow, 20th tokyo dome show, nice. 1 must be in the end of this year

Ex denxdenx

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: May 31, 2009, 06:50:53 AM
question on without you accoustic : who performed the song last night? and how it sounds

Ex denxdenx

Offline kagero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: May 31, 2009, 07:11:23 AM
does anyone else think that TOSHI's voice was alot better back when they performed in Hong Kong compared to their recent performances in TOKYO DOME & TAIWAN?

Offline ppingg

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: May 31, 2009, 07:16:30 AM
haha.. hello all~ i am from Singapore too.. i heard that Orgasm was not performed last night?

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: May 31, 2009, 07:20:25 AM
yes, i think toshi voice better in hkg concerts. tokyo dome concerts was ok, but not stable. toshi ruined dahlia in calm part

Ex denxdenx

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: May 31, 2009, 10:42:54 AM
I have a question (and forgive me if it's already been reported) but I'm curious if anyone knows how many people attended this concert (and the other world tour concerts as well). :)

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #104 on: May 31, 2009, 10:47:54 AM
30 000 ! It sold out ^^
abt 2nd n' 3rd May, 55 000 each day, so 110 000
abt HK lives, 16th was 90%full, and 17th was 100%full, just look at the capacity of the place ^^
countdown gig was 1200 (correct me if i'm wrong), without broadcasting
TD 2008 were 55 000 each day, so 165 000

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: May 31, 2009, 12:42:20 PM
"They're getting too old, they can't perform like before" etc

Then skip Yoshiki's drum solo and include 2-3 fast songs instead! It would be about the same in both time and energy. Who would seriously prefer the drum solo in front of that?

Offline KRazyJess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: May 31, 2009, 01:17:41 PM
Content deleted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:53:05 AM by KRazyJess »

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: May 31, 2009, 01:30:13 PM
Drums has been my favourite instrument since I was 12 (I'm 24 now.)...*wish I could I play*
Yoshiki is my favourite X member since I got into them, 5-6 years ago.
That translates to: Yes, I also wouldn't want to see the drum solos go. So, Jess...you're not the only overseas fan who wouldn't want to see the drum solos go. XD
I'd say they COULD make them a tiny bit smaller though because it's obvious that Yoshiki gets tired easier now.

But hey, I understand it the feeling. I never much cared for bass and/or guitar solos. I like them when they are therebut I wouldn't mind sacrificing those for more songs.

I'd want to see the Violet UK thing go though. Even though I actually love Violet UK.
But it's still useless the way it's presented, it's an X live not a Violet UK live and well, it takes space. Though I assume it's useful so that the band members can rest?..I dunno. It's still a time where 90% of the fandom roll their eyes and wait for it to pass.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: May 31, 2009, 02:51:25 PM
Nobody (at least me) is asking them to change the setlist in every concert but play real and good X Japan songs, if they only changed two of the boring ballads for two "old" songs and kept the same setlist in every show, I'd be really happy.

And some bands really change their setlists in every single concert they do (see Rolling Stones). Also, I could understand that they didn't change their setlist if they did a tour with two shows per week, but this is not a tour. They do a show per month.

These guys aren't 25 anymore.  While I also prefer the harder/faster songs as well, it's completely understandable to me that they are playing a little more ballads and a little less of the hard stuff.
Age is not a problem, see Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Dio, etc.

And btw, I don't really see how anyone can say they're getting old and can't perform at top level anymore when the first Tokyo Dome live lasted almost 3 and a half hours and the second, 4 hours (and IMO, they both fucking rocked!)... Not many bands have 4 hours long shows, I think..
Yeah, 4 hours of show which include loooong encores, a fashion show, a looooooong drum solo, three/four studio versions, etc. Only 13 songs were performed on May 4, and even if X Japan songs are long, you can perfectly perform 13 ten minutes-long songs in two hours and a half.

hi there

Offline KRazyJess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: May 31, 2009, 03:14:28 PM
Content deleted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:53:27 AM by KRazyJess »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #110 on: May 31, 2009, 03:19:54 PM
And btw, I don't really see how anyone can say they're getting old and can't perform at top level anymore when the first Tokyo Dome live lasted almost 3 and a half hours and the second, 4 hours (and IMO, they both fucking rocked!)... Not many bands have 4 hours long shows, I think...
Ummm... For a person who has been dealing with music (for example, I've been singing in different groups since 2nd grade) the first TD concerts (the March lives last year) were quite horrible in terms of Toshi's singing for example. I haven't watched the last TD concerts much yet, but in Hong Kong he already got better. But nowhere near the level he was during The Last Live.

And as Darkcat said, the concerts might feel long if you watch the video length, but in reality it's not that long. Though I couldn't see them even trying (and I don't think they should) longer concerts.

Plus, personally I think the VUK thing is there just to fill the gap, if there wasn't that, we'd just have a longer pause. Plus it helps Yoshiki get more money (h.Naoto fashion advertisement), which during this economical situation we have right now is always useful.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: May 31, 2009, 03:43:19 PM
The setlist is almost the same, it was good to see Silent Jealousy again. I guess the World Tour will be like this.
I don't complain about setlist.. but... The playbacks, I hate these playbacks. I don't understand why they can't let Sugizo play. They have a new guitarist that doesn't do anything. The "real guitarist" is still playbacks of a dead.

I don't wanna hear all the "hide was so blablabla" again, I am a hide fan, but I don't agree with all these "superusing" of hide on the concerts. He appears more than the 5 alive members, there are not "X JAPAN Concerts", there are "hide tribute concerts".

Offline KRazyJess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: May 31, 2009, 03:49:56 PM
Content deleted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:53:50 AM by KRazyJess »

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: May 31, 2009, 04:26:26 PM
question on without you accoustic : who performed the song last night? and how it sounds

who else performed the song...? And I like his performance at the  TD concerts better than last night.

I have a question (and forgive me if it's already been reported) but I'm curious if anyone knows how many people attended this concert (and the other world tour concerts as well). :)

I suspected there were 20000 as the stadium wasnt exactly very full and speaking ofthe stadium, I wondered why they actually picked an old stadium which has no standard seats and they actually squeezed those who bought NTD1000-3000 in a few sections and that looked strange as there were sections where there was no audience at all.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:33:31 PM by holly.x »

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: May 31, 2009, 05:44:56 PM
The performance generally was better than the TD shows imo.  I like the stage and sound better as well.  The weather was nice(still got the raincoat) and the crowd was enthusiastic but not as crazy as the HK crowds...

Amethyst - started ON TIME at 1900hrs and the lighting was beautiful (maybe because of outdoor)

Rusty Nail - yes started with "alright you motherfuckers ....like the TD show

Weekend - the song ended at the piano part and then Sugizo played a little violin solo follow by intro of Silent Jealousy. 

Silent Jealousy - I wasnt sure but thought they messed up the song as I didnt hear guitars in most part of the song and didnt sound good to me (almost like Dahlia at the TD show :S) but a nice change.

Pata Solo - the longest guitar solo I saw from him and he went to the end of the runway where I could see him soooooooooooooooooooo close...

Acoustic Say Anything - funniest part was Toshi kept asking the audience to repeat the last chorus and many didnt know which part and there were lots who sang different parts of the chrous in the crowd...XD

Piano solo wasnt exactly lonngg it was like what Yo did at the HK concert on Jan 17 so I dont count that..

Tears - the performance on Jan 17 remained to be the best ever as last night the crowd had a lot of difficulty reaching those high notes XD

Kurenai - the most well known songs obviously and they used hide's guritar intro this time.  

Violet UK - ZZZ time even I was very close but still ...oh they introduced VUK as predicted with Rosa bgm, then there were 2 lion dance (as you see from chinese rituals where there are those long lion dance performed by 10-20 people) coming out from both sides of the runway before the runway show...XDDD

Drum solo - my favorite part as the drumset stretched out like TD shows and moved right to the end to where I was and you could hear how powerful YO's drumming was from below.  He also tried much harder and stayed on longer than the TD shows.  It was such a spectacle watching from below..there were fireworks at the very end when there was a firework whenever he hit one very hard...the techinicians was just in front of me when to set off the fireworks..that was a very surreal moment seeing these things as you are also trying to stay focus watching Yoshiki above..XD

Without You - Toshi started exactly the same like the TD shows, except there wasnt musicians playing viola/violin from behing but I heard it was the playbacks from the TD shows but he didnt perform too well on slow songs last night (tears included) and kinda ruined the song (messed up the lyrics as well)

I.V. - the Taiwanese dont know this song too well like the Japanese and they kept repeating only 2 lines of the chorus but I really love this song live. 

Prologue ~World Anthem... and the couples sprint out while the whole stadium was screaming like mad (I was laughing so hard at that moment) and I got a chunk of his lace and the first thing I did was ......smeledl it  XDDD

X - Highlight of my day - Toshi splashed me...holy shit I was thinking how much I wanted  that before the show and YES...!!  Yoshikitty appeared from both sides of the stage but the crowd didnt seem to know who he was?? (no yoshikitty being sold there so there)

Endless Rain - Hmmm....Yoshiki didnt even play Unfinished this time...damn you XD

Art of Life - again? but think they actually performed better than at the TD shows.

lastly, I dont understand what Toshi was speaking in Mandarin most of the time although I know the language myself.. .. his cantonese was much much better XD

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:09:39 AM by holly.x »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: June 01, 2009, 03:24:22 AM
Toshi's singing for example. I haven't watched the last TD concerts much yet, but in Hong Kong he already got better. But nowhere near the level he was during The Last Live.

If that's how you feel then the that's your opinion, but from what I can hear, at the HK concerts there were some songs where his range wasn't as high as the last live, but he made up for it with his raspy voice, and there were some songs where his range was just as high.

Also at the last live, Toshi's voice sounded whiny whenever he sang high notes/falsettos (Rusty Nail, X, Endless Rain) or his voice sounded like he couldn't be bothered to sing the songs  (orgasm, dahlia, X). I think Toshi sounds a lot better now, when he performs like he did at hk.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:16:07 AM by Hypno »

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: June 01, 2009, 05:41:59 AM
Sugizo + Yoshiki solo = Silent Jealousy

Incomplete Rusty Nail

Without You + IV

Kurenai

Japan NTV Report (also mentioned Yo's Mum was at the TD show..how cool was that)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:58:07 AM by holly.x »

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: June 01, 2009, 07:29:39 AM
Japan NTV Report (also mentioned Yo's Mum was at the TD show..how cool was that)

thats so sweet and heartwarming!
i wonder if it's the first time seeing her son perform live.. ok i guess not.
but well, she must be v proud of her son!

Can someone roughly translate what he said please XDDDDD

anyway, Toshi's Mandarin is pretty fluent huh!
Heath: "Xie xie!! (thanks)" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Sugizo: "Wo ai ni men!!!!! (i love you guys!)"

what did Pata say??!
and Yoshiki STOP RUNNING!!!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:43:05 AM by edyork »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: June 01, 2009, 08:01:13 AM
Thanks for the links, holly.x!

Sugizo playing the intro of Silent Jealousy on violin gave me the goosebumps.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #119 on: June 01, 2009, 09:09:26 AM
X Japan receives huge response in Taiwan
Monday 01st June, 10:00 AM JST

TAIPEI —

Popular rock band X Japan, who are in the middle of a world tour, rocked the local media after their first Taiwan show on Saturday. On Sunday morning, local papers were abuzz with news about the band, featuring huge articles and photos from the previous night’s event.

Before their next show in Hong Kong, lead member Yoshiki commented, “We broke through the language barrier using the simple slogan, “We are X,” and fans definitely responded. We gave ourselves a beating to make the show as good for fans as possible, and now our muscles are definitely feeling the effects.”

At the Taiwan concert, Yoshiki reportedly choked up during the song “Without you,” when video and photos of now deceased lead guitarist Hide were shown. “One by one, our dreams together with Hide were gradually coming true, but then that world was shattered.”

On the same day, Yoshiki personally made a donation to a local volunteer organization that helps orphans, saying, “I want to give these children opportunities and aspirations.”

Source: Japantoday

This is my administrator color.