X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

How would you like your World Tour DVDs?

Sander · 11793

Poll

How would you like your World Tour DVDs?

One huge (and really expensive) 30-40 DVD Box set
18 (36%)
A separate release for each country (~10 sets)
5 (10%)
A big box set (~6 DVDs) composed of the best preformances from each concert
11 (22%)
Divide the tour into different bigger box sets (Europe Box, US Box, a few Asia Boxes, etc= ~4-5 box sets)
14 (28%)
Other (please comment)
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 12:44:27 AM
the best idea is not to appeal to the hardcores, but to win over new international fans - and the way to do that isn't with some massive box set. Just release a single concert on DVD with the goal of winning over new fans outside of Asia.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 04:36:04 AM
Don't release it, break up the band, wait ten years, get back to together, then release the concert. Just like the Aoi Yuro/Shiroi Yuro, and the X JAPAN RETURNS DVDs.

...but in all seriousness, throw together another Visual Shock DVD...then maybe release the rest of the concerts on iTunes?

>~X~<

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 07:13:33 AM
Come on, Blu-Ray is already a success and it's here to stay. In addition to having a concert on just one disc rater than 2 or 3, we get HD video (don't know for sure if the recent shows were shot in HD, I'd assume they were) and lossless or uncompressed sound. However, I did hear Luna Sea's One Night Dejavu was poorly done. Either way, no one loses out because there wouldn't be Blu-Ray versions without DVD versions.

To answer the question of the thread, I don't think releasing 80-90% of the shows on video is necessary, but I'll buy whatever comes out.

Offline darkmoon

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 01:59:08 AM
honestly, i want EVERYTHING. but that is just not practical. They'll never do that....

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 11:15:58 AM
Come on, Blu-Ray is already a success and it's here to stay. In addition to having a concert on just one disc rater than 2 or 3, we get HD video (don't know for sure if the recent shows were shot in HD, I'd assume they were) and lossless or uncompressed sound. However, I did hear Luna Sea's One Night Dejavu was poorly done. Either way, no one loses out because there wouldn't be Blu-Ray versions without DVD versions.

To answer the question of the thread, I don't think releasing 80-90% of the shows on video is necessary, but I'll buy whatever comes out.
Blu-Ray would be incredible!  Of course that means they'll just release it on DVD. :(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:45:45 PM by Hypno »

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 01:47:53 PM
huge boxset please and yes, blu-ray AND dvd. Not just DVD. I have a HD TV and a PS3. I've got one of the Yokohama concerts from august on blu ray (bootleg of course) and the quality is FANTASTIC.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 08:41:11 PM
Hm, with all the concerts they have performed since their reunion, I reckon one of the best things they could release, like other people have said, is another volume of Visual Shock. They have dome concerts, HK concerts, Yokohama concerts, a Taipei concert, choosing the best performances out of those shows would make for an awesome DVD!

Offline ReiMISERY

• Rookie
  • "飛べ飛べ飛べ飛べ♪屋根ぶっ壊しちまえー♪" -hide
    • View Profile
    • StickamJAPAN
Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 11:21:19 PM
TORONTOOOOOOOO XD