• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi with T-Earth album title and release date announced, xmas lives in Tokyo

Sander · 8613

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Today it has been announced that Toshi with T-Earth's new album, 悲しみの果て ("Kanashimi no Hate") 【遥かなる時をこえて】 ("Harukanaru Toki wo Koete"), will be released on November 26th. You can hear a sample of the rough mix of the title song on their official MySpace or Toshi's YouTube channel.

I'm uncertain about this part (feel free to correct me), but from what I understand the new album will either be released or be also available as CD+DVD. And the first edition/orders/preorders will come with a hand-signed photograph.

Also some older news:

Toshi with T-Earth Chirstmas lives will take place at the DIFFER livehouse in Ariake (Tokyo) Dec 16th and 17th, tickets: 7,000 Yen.

And Toshi Healing dinner shows have been announced for December 8th at Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay (that's one of those super expensive places) and December 15th at the Tokyo International hotel in Osaka. Tickets for those are 30,000 Yen.

Sources- Toshi Official
BXtE
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:23:37 AM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
The new album is available for pre-ordering from cdjapan!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info, album is ordered, curious what will be on the DVD.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Hm, maybe it's some sort of mistake but I am currently downloading the latest album now from iTunes Japan....was it released earlier on there?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
No idea, I haven't seen any ads for it at Toshi's official homepages so... Maybe it's something else?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
^ Listened to the whole thing a few times now. I feel that it is like the last album: It has its good parts of each song but I feel they drag on a bit too long.

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
curious if Masaya is the producer this time ?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
So it really was the real thing? I had no idea they were going to release it earlier on there.

And I'm 95% sure Masaya produced this one as well...

EDIT: Yup, it was confirmed by Toshi's and T-Earth's MySpaces, it's up there and they are trying to get it up on international iTunes and cdbaby etc also :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:56:19 AM by Hypno »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
curious if Masaya is the producer this time ?

Yeah, he wrote and produced every last song on there and sold it under Toshi's name... again. This whole T-Earth thing is starting to annoy me, the band 'members' don't even appear on the albums, it's just session musicians.

Also, Masaya's production leaves a lot to be desired - I'm 18 and I could mop the floor with him in that respect :p

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Maybe because T-Earth is a live band? If from a beginning they had said that the same members that performed live and that recorded would be the same and then they would be different, then it would annoy me too. But if from a beginning it was said that the live members would change and that it would be impossible to have the same members on studio and live, then I don't see anything wrong.

hi there

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Maybe because T-Earth is a live band? If from a beginning they had said that the same members that performed live and that recorded would be the same and then they would be different, then it would annoy me too. But if from a beginning it was said that the live members would change and that it would be impossible to have the same members on studio and live, then I don't see anything wrong.

but the CD is going to be sold under the name "Toshi with T-Earth"........that's a bit weird if the members are not even given credits on the album while they are selling the CDs and attending the promotion events.....

not to the level of annoyed...i just feel weird......

p.s. oh since it seems masaya's name is not on the short version videos...i just feel curious if he is still the producer.......and.....yea....unfortunately.....it seems he is........emmmm

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile

Well, the album says "Toshi with T-Earth" - so surely this means that the band will be appearing on the album? Why market something under a false name? Especially considering that all of the music is written, produced and marketted by Masaya - it doesn't really have much to do with Toshi either, to think about it.

Sorry if you disagree, but Masaya has been using other musicians to earn himself (and his record label) money for years. It's manufactured music to the ultimate level, and is no better than those TV talent shows that pick up people off the street and sell their own music under their name.

It wouldn't even be so bad if Masaya was actually good at writing or producing - I can't say he particularly inspires on either level. I really hoped that Toshi would be above being used like this, it seems even worse than the situation with Yoshiki while in X Japan - I wonder how/why he puts up with it.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
I have to say I agree with Beauty/Broken.
I don't have nothing against Toshi collaborating with Masaya, the point is that this project is not Toshi's at all, it's only Masaya's.
I think it'd be better if he(Masaya) would let the band contribute to the songs, he's not bad, but nothing to be too excited about honestly and with a singer like Toshi the final results could be MUCH better in my opinion.

I'm not saying all the songs he has composed so far are bad, some are fine, but with so much potential, i's really a shame to let him alone do all the stuff.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Anyone knows who wrote and produced his older solo songs? I mean he has written some nice stuff for X (lyrics for Phantom of Guilt, Voiceless Screaming, Desperate Angel, etc).

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Anyone knows who wrote and produced his older solo songs? I mean he has written some nice stuff for X (lyrics for Phantom of Guilt, Voiceless Screaming, Desperate Angel, etc).
I'm pretty sure that he wrote quite a few of his own songs, both music and lyrics. Will check one of his older CD's when I get time.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
I don't think he did on 'Earth spirit' (or if he did, they still credited Masaya).

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
any news about this album?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
It should be released now. I won't get my copy before Xmas so...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
any news about t earth X mas concerts?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
So, finally got the record and I'm right now listening to it, sounds pretty cool, I like it.

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
yeah ~ i also got my copy finally ~
i like the 2nd album more :D

o i thought there's one foto of Kaori .....
Why there's no foto of other T-earth members ?!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
...Why there's no foto of other T-earth members ?!

Cause there are too many of them ;-) and they are more of a backing band, instead of a band which contributed to the music.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
T-Earth is a live band and they didn't actually contribute to the real album (other than Jun to Earth Spirit a bit maybe).