• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X's worst song

madrigal · 51894

Offline Celtia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • last.fm
Reply #90 on: July 05, 2009, 10:40:35 PM
'Easy Fight Rambling' is just booooring.. and 'Love Replica' is simply horrible -_-  i really like french, but this woman gets on my nerves.. every time i hear this song i'd like to strangle her o.o
"je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime.."
grr, just shut up .__.

Offline Camazotz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 05, 2009, 10:49:33 PM
Haha, I dpn't like her either, but I like the music in Love Replica :D

I belive if time passes, everything turnes into beauty.

Offline Celtia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • last.fm
Reply #92 on: July 05, 2009, 11:00:26 PM
the music is 'okay' but she ruins the song :(

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #93 on: July 05, 2009, 11:03:38 PM
I've never liked "Desperate Angel" or "Easy Fight Rambling", they just bore me.

I know what you mean about "Love Replica", musically it's really good, but that woman get in the way really...

This is my moderator colour

Offline Camazotz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 05, 2009, 11:05:27 PM
I don't get why she's talking French either xD

I belive if time passes, everything turnes into beauty.

Offline Overdose

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #95 on: August 27, 2009, 11:23:19 PM
The new songs have totally grown on me though i probably don't like them as much as the blue blood and jealousy favourites.  I still really am not a fan of the old old x stuff, the pre-hide and pata stuff.  They were okay as a speed metal band but I prefer what they transformed into, they became a band who sounded like they could play anything.

I like dahlia but wasnt really a fan of the tracks which seemed like filler to me, sure i get it's artistic but i happily skip them to listen to great songs like Rusty Nail, scars etc or beautiful ones like Forever Love and Tears.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: August 28, 2009, 01:33:38 PM
I've heard that the person speaking french in Love Replica is 'hide' himself....

Sure, hide is American. And a woman.
::)
Where the fuck did you hear shit like that? XDD

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:27 PM
I've heard that the person speaking french in Love Replica is 'hide' himself....

...yeah right, and Yoshiki is the one who speaks in Art of Life

Offline R.C

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: August 28, 2009, 09:39:00 PM
I vote for Easy Fight Rambling... And I never listen to Love Replica so I guess I don't like it either.

Now I'm alive...

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: August 29, 2009, 05:39:21 PM

...yeah right, and Yoshiki is the one who speaks in Art of Life
No, dude!! Everyone knows that's Pata's daughter!!

Offline iluvpinkspider

• Sunday Listener
  • do you bleed for the fantasy?
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: October 06, 2009, 06:20:25 PM
i'm gonna have to go with love replica, too. that lady's voice is so annoying!

If you could have told me everything
You would have found what love is
For now I will try to live for you and for me
I will try to live with love, with dreams,
and forever with tears

RIP hide! December 13, 1964-May 2, 1998

Offline vegarrrrd

• View Profile
Reply #101 on: October 14, 2009, 02:51:41 AM
Desperate angel, Joker, Celebration, Easy fight rambling, Miscast, they are all horrible.
those songs are pure, awesome rock'n'roll! i guess most people like the speed-symphonic-metal side of X more than the rock side of the band. as for Love Replica, i really like it, lyrics are great the way they are spoken as they give such a deep meaning. i really like all of their songs but there are some i never listen to like wriggle, white poem, and forever love from the album.
that being said i love all of hide's material both solo and the things he wrote with X, kinda noticed most people don't.

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #102 on: October 15, 2009, 03:38:37 AM
um....jade, because it has alot of english words which make me feel like x-japan.......isn't x-japan....which is so not true, i love/kinda hate jade...

shane140

Reply #103 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:52 PM
Love replica- what is it with that woman!?

longing torigeta melody

without you-I kinda like this one but it's boring me  :P

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: October 30, 2009, 11:42:56 PM
Love replica- what is it with that woman!?

longing torigeta melody

without you-I kinda like this one but it's boring me  :P

I like Longing ~Togireta Melody, it wouldn’t ever be in my Top 10 favourite songs but I do like it. I really like the guitar solo and the bit nearer the end where it builds slightly then goes silent for a second, drums kick in then Toshi sings again (I am not really good at explaining, so my apologies!). I can see why people don’t really like it as it is another ballad and it is not as epic as the others, but I still like it!

I definitely prefer Longing ~Togireta Melody to Longing ~Setsubou no Yoru, I think it works better with the band arrangement rather than the orchestra and I miss all the things I like about Longing ~Togireta Melody, especially the guitar solo!!

I don’t really dislike any X songs. I would agree with some others on this thread and say my least favourite songs are the live versions of Endless Rain. Don’t get me wrong, I love the song, it just goes on for ages…… (especially the Last Live)!! In fact the Last Live cds in particular are annoying for the long crowd noises, makes it hard to listen to sometimes!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: October 31, 2009, 01:35:04 AM
i love longing, my 1st X song

Ex denxdenx

Offline iluvpinkspider

• Sunday Listener
  • do you bleed for the fantasy?
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: November 11, 2009, 02:07:34 PM
i will also have to go with hide's room. I like it and all, but it gets annoying real quick and it kind of freaks me out

If you could have told me everything
You would have found what love is
For now I will try to live for you and for me
I will try to live with love, with dreams,
and forever with tears

RIP hide! December 13, 1964-May 2, 1998

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: November 11, 2009, 02:16:22 PM
i will also have to go with hide's room. I like it and all, but it gets annoying real quick and it kind of freaks me out
LOL

hide no heya is one of my all-time favorite live... things.

I think it's brilliant and insane, and I happen to like insane things.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: November 11, 2009, 04:41:59 PM
^ Lol, yeah, I almost forgot there were several. The '92 third night version is my favorite too.

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: August 19, 2010, 09:08:33 PM
Easy fight!
Keep on easy rambling!
Rambling in and out...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: August 19, 2010, 10:01:39 PM
I was going to say Drain, but then I remembered White Poem 1. Seriously, what the hell is that piece of crap techno track doing on an X album. Its a shame Toshi's vocals from White Poem couldn't have been in another song, because they're amazing, such a shame the rest of the song is complete rubbish imo.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: August 19, 2010, 10:22:00 PM
I was going to say Drain, but then I remembered White Poem 1. Seriously, what the hell is that piece of crap techno track doing on an X album. Its a shame Toshi's vocals from White Poem couldn't have been in another song, because they're amazing, such a shame the rest of the song is complete rubbish imo.

It's just a Violet UK song, only before Violet UK existed.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: August 19, 2010, 10:39:28 PM

It's just a Violet UK song, only before Violet UK existed.
If I recall correctly Drain was a hide song that actually has an English version on the Zilch album.
OK I gonna get probably flamed for it but I'm just not feeling Born to be Free. It feels amateurish. They could have done soooooooooo much better.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: August 19, 2010, 11:05:20 PM
Yeah, there's that 'english' version.
It's called 'What's up Mr. Jones'.....*hopefully I remembered the title correctly*.
But well, the lyrics of Drain are in english too...so...XD

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: August 19, 2010, 11:40:36 PM
OK I gonna get probably flamed for it but I'm just not feeling Born to be Free. It feels amateurish. They could have done soooooooooo much better.

Yea for me Born to be Free is one of their worst songs.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #115 on: August 20, 2010, 12:00:12 AM
Bah! I love Drain, White Poem I (I also like VioletUK...) AND Born to Be Free... I think I have said it before, but there aren't really any X songs I wouldn't want to listen, save for the live, over 10 minute versions of Endless Rain which consist mostly of the fans singing. I mean I'd love to do that at a concert, but it's not something you'd listen to on your iPod. Everything else is pretty good imo....

This is my administrator color.

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: August 20, 2010, 12:39:57 AM
The feeling that I get from Born to be free is that it's not a 'bad song' but rather, it seems like Yoshiki's attempt to make an "American song" - like one they want to get played on the radio here or something - catchy, repetitive, easy to remember and get stuck in your head.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: August 20, 2010, 04:24:05 AM
There isn't a particular song that sticks out, I enjoy the majority of their work, even if they have gone through some stylistic changes, I enjoy both their rock and classical music...however: The following songs in my opinion do not really 'catch up' to the rest of their work...

Forever Love: Generally I love their ballads, Endless Rain and Tears being my favorite...but this one...I don't feel it like I feel their other ballads.
Easy Fight Rambling: You'll still find it in my iTunes...but it just sticks out with its "happy" sound, so it doesn't feel very "X Japan".
Alive: Can't really explain this one...its just me and my personal feeling that can't explain it ^^;

However, I do want to comment on other opinions:

There has been alot of talk and debate about Taiji's contribution to X. Even though Taiji did write many songs for X, many of them never made it on the albums. The stuff that does appear, I very much enjoy. Phantom Of Guilt is pure awesome! Desperate Angel, even though it does sound different (personally this song always make me think 'cowboy metal' for some reason, haha) I listen to it as much as I listen to Rusty Nail or Kurenai. XClamation you can't even touch, its an awesome song!

As for the ballads, I love them (with the exception of Forever Love). I can see why you would not like them as opposed to their rock songs. Without You is a great song, and I would love to see it performed live, as with Tears and Endless Rain.

And finally, their new work. I think I.V. is an awesome song, and is performed wonderfully live! Jade is also a great song, works with the progressive sound of Rusty Nail and Dahlia. Born To Be Free however...I have very mixed feelings about it...it just doesn't identity itself as an X Japan song to me.

>~X~<

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: August 20, 2010, 07:17:57 AM
I find myself always skipping over Xclamation...I'll not skip over Easy Fight Rambling maybe half the time. White Poem is rather pointless. And although I love the rest of the song, I hate the piano solo in Art of Life. I know the point of it and that, but it overstays its welcome, especially on the live version.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:23:10 AM by IronMaitallica »

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: August 20, 2010, 07:50:48 AM
Yeah I'm a bit ashamed to say I've made an edited version of Art of Life with a fade out and fade in, skipping most of the piano solo.