X JAPAN, NORTH WEST, UNITED KINGDOM MEETUP

aruzo · 12234

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:19 PM
A flyer for you guys which is poorly done since I'm no expert at photoshop xD

It has came to my attention that we have some members up in the North, who had hard times getting to the London meetups. By my knowledge we have 3 members (including myself) from Liverpool and loads more around the area and in North England. I would like to push forward a slight event which I think we should plan! I would like the members of X-Freaks to help me plan an X-Freaks meeting in Liverpool or Manchester (prefferably Manchester since it's bigger and easier to get to.) This event will be hosted by X Japan Unofficial Street Team UK and also ofcourse X-Freaks because it's an X-Freaks meeting altogether!

I really want all members in North England to attend since, I think it's convinient!  Members from South, United Kingdom are welcome to attend too because I was going to attend the London meetup!

We could discuss X Japan and our other favourite bands and get to know eachother just before the Paris gig  ;D

Transport:
National Express Coaches Cheap and easy coaches! :D

I would like people to:

DISCUSS:
Locations (including cities, venues, bars).
Your attendance!
Ideas?

Code: [Select]
ATTENDING:

Aruzo
Beauty/Broken
ah_sing
dreamaway
Cepheus

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:59:46 PM by aruzo »

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:54:02 PM
I'd definitely be up for that , I'm from the North West myself so it's a lot cheaper than the London meetup!  :)

Manchester would be awesome (means I only have to sit on one train for 2 hours, plus I know my way around), but I'd be cool if it was somewhere else. I've never really been there for a night out, so the only decent bar I know there is the Salisbury. It's close to Oxford Road train station, and they play decent rock music (or at least I think they do... I've only been once and I was FAR from sober ;D).

It'd be easier for me to attend if it was on a saturday as I don't generally work weekends, but if it's another day I could possibly kiss up to my boss and get the day off.

And www.megabus.com also do really cheap coaches (for future reference - if you book early enough, you can get to London for £2.50. Amazing.)

☠  Jenny  ☠

I feel the cold ground underneath my boots, and for no good reason it reminds me of you.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:05:24 PM
Awesome! Yeah I heard about Megabus but I've never used them. I know they only do transport to London from my city. I've only ever been to 1 bar in Manchester. Jabez Clegg and it's a student bar and I recently found out that they have live entertainment on there alot so I think they're a venue aswell for live bands. (totally off-topic) but yeah, I went there when I was alot younger with my dad and his friends before football matches because the alcohol was alot cheaper xD

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:35:57 PM
Yea I went to Jabez Clegg a few months ago for a gig. I'd never been there before, and I thought it was a lot closer to the train station than it actually was. Nobody I asked knew where it was either, I was walking for hours before I actually found it  ::)

I'm looking forward to this, it'll be cool to meet everyone before Paris... and to speak to someone who actually knows who X are! ;D Do you have a general idea of when it's going to happen? Or are you just waiting for everyone's input?

☠  Jenny  ☠

I feel the cold ground underneath my boots, and for no good reason it reminds me of you.

Offline Cepheus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:51:55 AM
Sounds like a pretty good idea. I live in the Chester area myself, so getting to Liverpool or Manchester is not really an issue. I can't really give you much advice as I don't know the areas very well but I'd sure be up for it if you set a date and a location.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 04:46:20 PM
Do you have a general idea of when it's going to happen? Or are you just waiting for everyone's input?
This meetup is definatly going to happen. Us X fans need to hang out alot more and we definatly need to get together before Paris...would make our Paris trip alot more enjoyable. Since us X fans will all be acquainted!

Sounds like a pretty good idea. I live in the Chester area myself, so getting to Liverpool or Manchester is not really an issue. I can't really give you much advice as I don't know the areas very well but I'd sure be up for it if you set a date and a location.
Not too far then ;D Hope I see you there. I'll put you down for attending ^^.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 10:22:50 PM
You might as well have put my name down for this as soon as you opened the thread XD I will be there!

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 10:58:50 PM
You might as well have put my name down for this as soon as you opened the thread XD I will be there!
Yeah man, I know xDDDDDDDD Nvm!

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 03:57:32 PM
Does anyone have any ideas as to when it might take place?

☠  Jenny  ☠

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 06:02:36 PM
Thanks for posting, I really wanted to bump this thread. Please keep posting for me to encourage activity X_X. When do you think we could have this get together? Maybe Late-October - Early-Novemeber! What do you think after we get afew ideas we will then narrow it down to a date and then finally confirm our location.

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 11:14:38 PM
Well a saturday would be a lot more convenient for me, since I never work sundays, but I could possibly arrange to have another day off if it wasn't on a saturday. I don't have any plans in the near future, so I could probably attend whenever, so I'll just wait for everyone else's suggestions :)

☠  Jenny  ☠

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 05:15:13 PM
A Saturday would be preferable for me, as I have Uni Monday to Friday and Sundays are always a bad day.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 10:12:47 PM
A Saturday would be preferable for me, as I have Uni Monday to Friday and Sundays are always a bad day.

Saturdays are perfect for me too. Anyone else?

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 08:09:15 PM
Are you sure you guys don't want to come down here to London at least on 22nd?

May X be with you!

Offline Overdose

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 12:02:56 PM
Some of us are too poor to get to london up here :D

Also I'm working so wont be able to make that I'm afraid.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:09 AM
I'd go to London if they gave us time to prepare X_X book a trip 2 months in advance maybe!

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 03:03:14 AM
2 MONTHS in advance? o_O (See you at X concert I guess...)

May X be with you!

Offline Overdose

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 06:55:42 PM
So any chance of anything happening? Or will it be a next year thing.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 05:07:50 PM
2 MONTHS in advance? o_O (See you at X concert I guess...)
Nah what I meant was, afew weeks to prepare xD

So any chance of anything happening? Or will it be a next year thing.
We will do it next year if you want, not far away now! ^^

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 01:40:15 AM
I can tell there's going to be a meet-up in January in London... for sure. :) If there's something in north.... I might come. :3

May X be with you!

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 09:50:26 PM
Am I too late to restart this nw meetup idea? Ha!