• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

12.30 Celebration

Mitsuko · 3489

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
on: August 12, 2008, 06:17:37 AM
I just received my copy of the box set (I know, I'm so late :P But I didn't have the money until I realized CDJapan listed it as out of print!) and I noticed that at the end of Celebration, at the line "Cheers! Congratulations!", Toshi neglects to sing his line, leaving hide embarrassedly murmuring his high-pitched backup vocal by himself!

I laughed pretty hard at that and just wondered if anyone else did, too. XD

Besides that, I seem to have a problem with the DVDs - I have to watch them on VLC player because my laptop has a region coded DVD drive, but the first discs of both nights don't work. The second and third do, but not the first. I hope it isn't a problem with the DVDs themselves! I'm going to try to find a region-free DVD player to test them on soon. But what else do you think I should try? I'm very upset that I can't see the beginnings of the concerts... :(

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:40:49 AM
Before buying a new DVD player, try and download a trail of a program like DVD Region+CSS Free. It will turn your DVD player into region free. Then you can see if it's an region issue.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 03:21:29 PM
use a program called anydvd. very simple one. you disable region and copy protections.
My copy of Silent Hill movie is so heavily copy protected, that the only way i can watch on my lappy is with disabling copy protection.

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:51:33 AM
I didn't want to download any programs that cost money... but I did try anydvd's free trial and it still didn't work. Eventually I just ended up changing the region code of my drive (it was my last available change, so now it's locked to region 2, but oh well... LOL) so it works now, but I'll have to watch US movies with VLC player. :P

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. No comments on hide's silly singing? XD

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:30:42 AM
Well, when I first heard him I thought that it sounded weird...and kind of bad....but I guess if Toshi had of sung then, it would have sounded good. hide in backing mode!