X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Sugizo (ex-Luna Sea) to join forces with Yoshiki and Gackt!!

darkcat21 · 27992

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Sponichi announced December 27 that SUGIZO (ex-Luna Sea) will join forces with YOSHIKI (ex-X JAPAN) and popular singer Gackt as part of a five-member band whose name and details will be revealed in an official announcement early next year.

SUGIZO, who together with Ryuichi Kawamura formed the core of LUNA SEA, was YOSHIKI’s choice for the guitarist. He was raised in a musical household headed by parents who played in an orchestra and is also proficient on the violin. During LUNA SEA’s indies days the band was affiliated with YOSHIKI’s record label and quickly gained renown as talented composers. The two have known each other for twenty years and are very close.

“At first glance, SUGIZO seems like some mysterious visitor from another world. But his feelings about music are really pure,” YOSHIKI said.

SUGIZO described YOSHIKI as “ a great older brother who I can always depend on. I’m honored that he asked me to be a part of his new project.”

SUGIZO and Gackt met for the first time at a music event four years ago. Although they initially saw each other as rivals, they have come to respect each other’s musical ability.

“The first time we met ended on a sour note,” Gackt said, laughing. “We parted fighting and I felt like it was really too bad that we didn’t get along so I’m happy that we get to work together.”

“Gackt has a really strong personality and lots of charisma. It’s hard to imagine what his life is like but when you meet him you really come to trust him,” SUGIZO said.

X JAPAN broke up in 1997, Gackt left MALICE MIZER in 1999 to become a solo artist, and SUGIZO has been constantly working since LUNA SEA’s breakup in 2000. It’s a dream come true for many people to see three members of the most influential bands of the Visual Kei era working together. YOSHIKI will play drums and piano, and Gackt, who is also committed to NHK’s drama “Fuurin Kazan” until Autumn, will hold down vocals.

“I think that we’ll end up having five members,” YOSHIKI said. “It’s great that we’ve got some big names on board and I hope that we’re able to make it big worldwide.”

“Each of us has a strong personality and is somewhat selfish. I’m sure everyone thinks that our band will fall apart, but we really want to become the first Asian band to top the world charts,” said Gackt.

“Look out for high-impact, explosive rock music,” said SUGIZO.

What sort of chemical reaction will result from the mixing of these three intense individuals? They’re definitely going to cause waves in the music world next year.

From: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20061228-00000020-spn-ent
Translation by mizuosora (SUGIZOLOVE.com)

-----------------------------------------

YEAAAAAAAAH!! :)

hi there

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 07:22:50 PM
OMIGOSH I feel like a little silly fangirl :D

That explains the rumour with X and Luna Sea joining forces...

This is my administrator color.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 07:23:18 PM
Nice. I can't wait to hear more about this!

Mod color o' mine

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 08:32:44 PM
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

yeah sorry about this,but i cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUGIZO???!!!!!!with YOSHIKI AND GACKT???oh my fucking god!!!!!i love this.....i love SUGIZO!!!!!!!!!!!!and now i have to go to hang myself!talk to you later!

*oh my god............eric i love you for posting this!!!XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

::still screaming:"oh my god"::
<3
!!!!!!!!!

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 08:43:57 PM
I don't want to sound cold- and you can believe me I'd be first screamind fangirl in a line were this to happen- but aren't our conclusions a little bit... too soon?  :wink:

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 08:46:33 PM
dont ruin this for me XDDD!!i'm so happy nooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww...my beloved Sugizo is back!and he rocks hard!whether he joins this group or not

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 08:47:23 PM
That sounds very nice! I hope we'll hear about this project soon.

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yoshiki.fr
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 10:50:52 AM
It's like a ACDC-METALLICA-QUEEN-LED ZEPPELIN mix XD

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 11:22:02 AM
Quote from: "Kyubi"
It's like a ACDC-METALLICA-QUEEN-LED ZEPPELIN mix XD

I wonder who the Queen is XD
...sorry, couldn't resist.

Ok, this news made me really excited. On the top of the world's charts? Maybe, depends of how good Gackt's English is (I don't listen to his music so I have no idea how good/bad it is).

RIP

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 11:26:59 AM
Ah, I wouldn't worry about his English ability ;]

Offline Leo Van Newhouse

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.frappr.com/hanoirocksfrapper
Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 04:41:37 PM
That's cool news. Can't wait for more info.

NOT FAKIN' IT!!!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 05:04:46 PM
mira puta warra stoi asta los msmísimos cojones del rei con tu mierda prepotencia, déjate ya de mariconadas y que sí puta que sí que vives en japon i k lo sabs tdo d ahi xo djte lla kn la mierda prepotencia hostia putaaaaaaa y kle d iwal si n es una funete fiabñle a slido en mas sitios y un companyero mio k si se informa bien en jpn l vio en las news k si k vives en jpn y lo tienes k sbr todo, pues noooooooo aunk jpn sea muy guai dejate ya de chingadas i no slo esta vez es k en todos los sitios como si fueras la graaaaaaan diosa nooo!! noe res la unika persona en el mundo k le gusta x japan y vive en japon, capische xavala?

son of thousand bitches go and get fucked muthafucking thief
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:55:09 AM by Maverick »

hi there

Offline Keppikeksi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 11:22:21 PM
Very nice indeed. Sugizo is a very skilled guitarist and maybe the best one alive in Japan who Yoshiki could pick to his band. Just look at Sugizo playing the song "X" on stage with the members of Luna Sea and X Japan. (Sugizo is the one with the strange shaped white guitar and red hair) Just look at Sugizo playing Pata's and hide's solos. He plays them as good as hide and Pata themselves. ^^ That version of X isn't that good though, mainly because of the singer. But it get much better when Toshi comes to sing on stage and Pata, hide and Yoshiki (^^) come to play their guitars. :D

Good choice Yoshiki!

'm at my wits end

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 09:57:21 PM
Quote from: "Keppikeksi"
Very nice indeed. Sugizo is a very skilled guitarist and maybe the best one alive in Japan who Yoshiki could pick to his band. Just look at Sugizo playing the song "X" on stage with the members of Luna Sea and X Japan. (Sugizo is the one with the strange shaped white guitar and red hair) Just look at Sugizo playing Pata's and hide's solos. He plays them as good as hide and Pata themselves. ^^ That version of X isn't that good though, mainly because of the singer. But it get much better when Toshi comes to sing on stage and Pata, hide and Yoshiki (^^) come to play their guitars. :D

Good choice Yoshiki!

I sure do hope that they get a second guitarist too so we can witness those amazing dual-guitar solos again. :twisted:

Mod color o' mine

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 01:58:33 PM
Darkcat- could I please ask you to translate those words into English?

And just for the matter..... I UNDERSTAND Spanish.

I think you're not being honest, and even more dishonest when writing personal insults in a language the other one doesn't understand. And if you want to delete that comment, I would rather advice you NOT to, as I have a little nice copy of it.

So please, be at least a little honest and stand by your words, translate them in English and then, we can talk like sane and rational people.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 02:21:43 PM
it's impossible to translate that, but well i'm fed up with her... she thinks that for living in Japan she has to be the best ro sth else, and everybody can see perfectly her prepotence

hi there

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 03:42:09 PM
lol......ok,try to stay calm!we are all friends in here,dont kill each other xD

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 05:44:14 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
it's impossible to translate that, but well i'm fed up with her... she thinks that for living in Japan she has to be the best ro sth else, and everybody can see perfectly her prepotence

No, it is not, believe me.

Which only proves you're not able to stand by your own words... Well, I had hoped this wouldn't be the case, and that it was just a little, let's say, accident of yours. . . .

And, I doubt PanthereNoire does think so, as she did only wonder about the source of it.... I hope making sure about facts isn't considered a crime in the part of the world you live in?

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 05:46:25 PM
it's not only about this topic, in lot of posts we can see her prepotence

hi there

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 05:49:00 PM
Quote from: "crazy bitch"
lol......ok,try to stay calm!we are all friends in here,dont kill each other xD

Don't worry, CB :wink: There will be no bloodshed, I promise. :wink:

Topic might just gotten a little heated, that is all.

Okay, I've already derailed a topic far too much... so, please, let's get back on-T...

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 05:49:42 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
it's not only about this topic, in lot of posts we can see her prepotence

If you let me- I would still choose to call that differently. . .

But of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I just thought the way you presented it was, let's say, extremely distasteful...

Which of course is, again, nothing else than my opinion.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006, 06:31:04 PM
ok forget this deixe'm-ho

hi there

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 03:14:39 PM
lol,now they say that miyavi will be the second guitarist but i find it impossible.he is so young,he cant join a group with members age 42 yrs old oO'.he is only 24 yrs ooooold after all.he is a baby xD

Offline Dangle

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dangle
Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 05:36:31 PM
If it was true and it was indie Miyavi then I would be somewhat ok with it but the Miyavi now, it just wouldn't work out and that isn't from the age gap. I think he is on a downward spiral with his style of music now although many fangirls love it 0_0

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Dangle_Himself/hideguitarsmaller.jpg[/img]
Why do I have to be so good, when I'm lying next to you

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 06:44:03 PM
oh yes we love it::me,crazy fangirl xD::

Offline Dangle

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dangle
Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 03:00:58 AM
Quote from: "Saint(c)"
Miyavi is not skilled enough to be in this Super Jrock band :twisted:  :twisted:

Too right

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Dangle_Himself/hideguitarsmaller.jpg[/img]
Why do I have to be so good, when I'm lying next to you

Offline YoshikiHayashi

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 12:51:29 PM
I hope Daita and Taiji will join this band  :D  :D

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 04:33:01 PM
lol,yeah sure if we take into account the fact that Taiji is Yoshiki's best buddy right?lol,humour,yes....;_;

Offline hyderix

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.friendster.com/jablaylanang
Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 03:18:53 AM
yap..with taiji and daita X will be powerfull enough

coz all of them have strong musical background..

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 03:41:01 AM
I still dont like hear this news....  :(  I dont know why I feel sad about this...  :roll: like I said before on SK forum when I know Yoshiki and Gackt will make a band...

its always makes me sad :(