• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Taiji´s book - X NO SEI TO SHI

Shion · 13538

Offline Shion

• View Profile
on: July 18, 2008, 06:36:49 PM
Hi :)

I was looking through the Taiji concerning topics but I couldn´t find a similar one

You probably know that Taji wrote an autobiography.
One day I accidently found a website from someone who translated some chapters.
But sadly I haven´t saved the website.
Does someone of you have a translation for the book? Or does someone know where I can read it?

Thank you a lot :)

Edited by VioletCamicat:
Added the booktitle to the thread's title to avoid further confusion ;)
Happy discussing!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 04:47:38 PM by Shion »

Psychedelic Violence Crime Of Visual Shock

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 12:01:40 AM
Did you by chance mean this website? :)

As for the rest of the book - it seems that it is nearly impossible to get translations of the entire thing. :-\

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline violeta

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:06:44 AM
I already read X NO SEI TO SHI ~UCHUU O KAKERU TOMO E~,uhm,don't know how to say...it was moved but i don't like some parts which wrote about Yoshiki-_-..so i love the way he said about Hide san..full of love and respect...

Don't ask me why....

Offline miza

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:11:08 PM
I think that what he wrote about Yoshiki was just how he saw Yoshiki and it didn't offend me or make me dislike those parts of the book. I guess some of the things he said/wrote about Yoshiki had a bit of bitterness in them, and it is pretty understandable after all that happened between those two great personalities.. I don't know if I'm making any sense here.. but that's how I see the things he wrote about Yoshiki..

And I also found the parts where he talked of hide very touching.. so full of love :)

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 05:28:44 PM
I don't know if I'm making any sense here.. but that's how I see the things he wrote about Yoshiki..
In my opinion you're making sense concerning that! I see it like that as well.
I know, some Yoshiki fans might feel offended by this or that what Taiji has written there - but fact is just: Nobody's perfect. Of course Yoshiki is an impressing person and special and so on, but this doesn't make him a flawless angel. In the end he's a human being like everybody else - with ups and downs in his mood. And working in a hard business like that while putting full efford in keeping his dream alive - how he puts his priorities - I'm sure he might have been(and still is) an asshole now and then.
And so is/has been Taiji. (I for sure don't see him as flawless either! Rather the opposite - and I like him exactly the way he is. XD)

mod mode

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 07:36:00 AM
I LOVE IT. He is an amazing writer. I've read this book like 2598738148395 or so.

Offline miza

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 07:01:57 PM
And so is/has been Taiji. (I for sure don't see him as flawless either! Rather the opposite - and I like him exactly the way he is. XD)

Yeah, well I don't think any of the guys (from X) are perfect or flawless, and that's exactly what makes them all so great :D

The part where hide argued with the two hotel members made me laugh xD
Accually it´s not funny but anyway..

That made me laugh too, I just could imagine him there ;D

Offline violeta

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 02:53:28 AM
I know, some Yoshiki fans might feel offended by this or that what Taiji has written there - but fact is just: Nobody's perfect. Of course Yoshiki is an impressing person and special and so on, but this doesn't make him a flawless angel. In the end he's a human being like everybody else - with ups and downs in his mood. And working in a hard business like that while putting full efford in keeping his dream alive - how he puts his priorities - I'm sure he might have been(and still is) an asshole now and then.

Uhm,i understand what you meant cuz u are such Taiji's huge fan and u can accept this so well so i don't still like cuz it's public stuff and those words are not really right to say about an old-friend(there were friends,right?)
Of course,Yoshiki's been always  arbitrary & selfish but time did prove so well that "all things he did (in X) or even after X disbanded),they all are always right ,good for the music way of X-Japan,had more fans and got the best results finally,right?
I think it was just their personal problem and therefore,they should slove it by themselves,shouldn't make it public like that!

Don't ask me why....

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 10:17:01 AM
But then hide fans could also feel offended. Taiji didn't only say "bad" things about Yoshiki, but as well about hide. I wouldn't say that the description of how hide was when he was drunk is a very good thing. And only because it's common knowledge it still is not a good thing and still quite a personal thing.
I don't know if Taiji said things like those about all members, but what I know is that he nevertheless also said many good things about hide and Yoshiki - how he's admiring them and how happy he is about having met them and stuff like that. There are things which really surprised me concerning what he wrote about Yoshiki and the feelings to him. And everybody would have known that he lied, if he only had mentioned nice things there.
Sometimes he's maybe a little bit too honest, but in my opinion fair - from his point of view of course.
And the way he described himself was partly much worse I think...
Just my opinion about that. :)

mod mode

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 08:23:31 PM
I must say I also found Taiji's book very objective and not offending at all. I was even surprised how mild the criticisms were, if there really were some. One would expect he would be throwing some dirt on them just out of bitterness, but he didn't. He surely had to thought a lot and clear some things inside him before he wrote this book. It seemed just very true to me, at least from Taiji's point of view. One more thing - he really WAS THERE, we weren't...
And I'm adding I am not any of the "huge Taiji fans"

@Violeta: It seems to me you are just a bit overreacting on behalf of Yoshiki. He has proved that he can be a piece of a beast sometimes. There is no "ultimate true" for what X should or shouldn't do and Yoshiki is also not infallible.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 03:50:52 PM
@Violet

Well I feel it's not that offensive. He was a heavy drinker, we all like a drink now and then. Describing hide of what he really was isn't a crime. But yeah, he said some good things too, he's argueing both points for everyone, which is the right thing to do ^^

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 01:03:06 AM
@Violet

Well I feel it's not that offensive. He was a heavy drinker, we all like a drink now and then. Describing hide of what he really was isn't a crime. But yeah, he said some good things too, he's argueing both points for everyone, which is the right thing to do ^^
I think so too - and that's why I don't understand, why some Yoshiki-fans feel offended about what Taiji has written about Yoshiki. Maybe it's about parts I don't know or I've missed something? - ... no clue. What I remember what he has written about Yoshiki was... not disrespectful. He even said, how he loved him, so mostly I've got the impression how he admires Yoshiki for being the way he is.
Yeah, but maybe I missed something really bad - who knows. ???

mod mode

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 03:49:13 AM
@Violet

I think so too - and that's why I don't understand, why some Yoshiki-fans feel offended about what Taiji has written about Yoshiki. Maybe it's about parts I don't know or I've missed something? - ... no clue. What I remember what he has written about Yoshiki was... not disrespectful. He even said, how he loved him, so mostly I've got the impression how he admires Yoshiki for being the way he is.
Yeah, but maybe I missed something really bad - who knows. ???

He did stab Yoshiki afew times in what he said but right after it he was like "the man is a genius, I love him!" kinda thing...

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 03:38:01 PM
I already read X NO SEI TO SHI ~UCHUU O KAKERU TOMO E~,uhm,don't know how to say...it was moved but i don't like some parts which wrote about Yoshiki-_-..so i love the way he said about Hide san..full of love and respect...

Yep I can relate to your comment. Well said.. kind of touching book to say at least.

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 04:22:23 PM
I remember reading the translation off that site a good while ago. It's ashame that the bit I wanted to read the most (The Toshi bit) wasn't even translated. T___T

X Jan

Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 04:29:25 PM
Thank you so much for the link to 'X NO SEI TO SHI', I am so grateful to you!!! :)

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 12:02:27 PM
I remember reading the translation off that site a good while ago. It's ashame that the bit I wanted to read the most (The Toshi bit) wasn't even translated. T___T

WAS THERE MORE????

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 07:31:35 PM
WAS THERE MORE????

More in the original book than translated on that page? Yupp. I'm not sure, but I guess that about the half was translated..? (Don't have the book myself, so I cannot compare - just a guess...)

mod mode

Offline HellRaiser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 09:53:07 AM
Yeah yeah, the translation is just half-way finished T_T I wish someone could translate the rest...I loved the whole thing and I'm quite disappointed it is undone.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 09:56:04 AM
I just got two copies of that book yesterday ^_^

Too bad I don't speak any Japanese lol

This is my administrator color.

Offline HellRaiser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 10:02:57 AM
^lucky!! Though I too can't speak japanese, it would be really nice to have at least one book...just to TOUCH it xD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 06:31:48 PM
^lucky!! Though I too can't speak japanese, it would be really nice to have at least one book...just to TOUCH it xD

My sentiments exactly.

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 10:29:44 PM
I wonder if someday someone will translate the mysterious other half... (bats eyelashes at fluet Japanese speakers on this forum)

(coughahem) I really did enjoy reading it, though. :D~ I kind of thought the bad things he said about Yoshiki were a little bit sweet, in a way. You have to care about someone to weave compliments into your insults, in my opinion. (haha)

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline miza

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 08:23:57 PM
I wonder if someday someone will translate the mysterious other half... (bats eyelashes at fluet Japanese speakers on this forum)

I hope someone will do that soon :D

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 01:49:46 AM
I really hope they release a full english translation. I've read all I can atm ;-; It's been the best book i've read up to now. Only cause it's a subject I like and I usually hate reading. This is different for me!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 08:57:25 PM
I really hope they release a full english translation. I've read all I can atm ;-; It's been the best book i've read up to now. Only cause it's a subject I like and I usually hate reading. This is different for me!
Lol, same here. I used to read a lot, but I don't anymore. But for Taiji, I make an exeption! And I'm very happy I did, this is a great book. (well, sad too, but a very good book, I mean.)

Offline Camazotz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 08:12:57 PM

I belive if time passes, everything turnes into beauty.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 08:23:47 AM
I really enjoyed reading this, thank you so much for posting it.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 09:12:09 AM
Thats awesome!!! Thanks Camazotz!! Have wanted to read this for a while!  ;D