• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Similarities in hide songs.

aruzo · 3534

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
on: July 15, 2008, 03:32:38 PM
I noticed while listening to hide. FLAME sounds like MISERY and Pink Cloud Assembly obviously sounds like Pink Spider. Are there anymore similarities?

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:38:04 PM
Quote from: "aruzo"
I noticed while listening to hide. FLAME sounds like MISERY and Pink Cloud Assembly obviously sounds like Pink Spider. Are there anymore similarities?

FLAME and MISERY are basically the same song in different versions xD

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 03:46:40 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

FLAME and MISERY are basically the same song in different versions xD

Yeah xDDDD I noticed. Just sounds exactly the same.

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:17:38 PM
Flame and Misery have really similar lyrics, too. I read in some commentary that hide made about the Psyence album that he did it on purpose. XD

As for more similarities, there's "Psychommunity" and "Psychommunity Exit", and there's "Psyence", "Cafe le Psyence", and "Atomic M.O.M.".

Also, some of his Zilch songs are similar to his solo work songs. Like "Inside the Pervert Mound" and "Leatherface", "Fuctrack #6" and "Frozen Bug '93 (Diggers Version)", and "Electric Cucumber" and "Comment". And then there's the Zilch versions of "Pose" and "Doubt". ^^

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:07:06 PM
Anyone notice hide is basically like 2 people xDDD? He has two voices it's amazing. He has like a sophisticated japanese singers voice which is shown in like; MISERY and Tell Me. Then he has that grouchy voice sounds abit punky which is in songs like Beauty & Stupid and DAMAGE.

Offline vegarrrrd

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:03:22 PM
reasons why pink cloud assembly - pink spider / psyence . atomic MOM / psychommunity - psychommunity exit are the same is because psychommunity and psyence/MOM tracks are intro/outtro tracks. like x japan's intro tracks (es dur, dear loser, world anthem).

and hide's comment on the flame/misery was:

"This one I wrote at the same time as the "Misery" Single CD. Well, if I'm being honest this song was also called "Misery". When I made the Single CD "Misery" I said to myself: "No, I'm just not content with this, let's start from zero again" and the result was this "Misery" that's called "Flame". Because of that the lyrics resemble each other also here and there. And then my attitude toward the songs changed a little and I decided okay, let's publish both of them! "

Offline vegarrrrd

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 07:07:23 PM
and zilch songs are remixes of hide songs if i'm not mistaken.

all the songs that are titled nearly the same, are remixes.

fuctrack#6 - FuctFuctTrack #6.1
inside the pervert mound - perverthound

etc.

Offline Kysatohe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 07:37:46 PM
Yeah, songs, that hide has produced under Zilch, has lots of  similarities. For example Space Monkey Punks in Japan and Fuctrack #6... I mean the lyric. In both there's a person who's fucking another person in his/her as****.

I don't know, but for me Oedo Cowboys and Lassie or Lassie and Pose have also some similarities... For my part, I must say that I constantly see cowboys in mind when I hear the songs, although the content of them (except Oedo Cowboys) aren't cowboys.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 09:23:08 PM
Well, for starters before we even begin: Pink Cloud Assembly was never planned or written by hide - it was a mashup track created by I.N.A featuring the voice of Hide's brother, Hiroshi. It was made after hide had died, and by the looks of things was a sentimental piece/album filler.

The song borrows the chords from the post chorus and ending of "Pink Spider".

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 09:52:03 AM
Anyone notice hide is basically like 2 people xDDD?

To me, hide is so many different people that I lose count! Especially visually, and what fascinates me more than anything is the way he managed to change his body language. Also, I have said it before in some thread here, but I can't remember where, that he's a photographer's absolute dream and would have made, I think at least, a wonderful actor had he decided to get into movies.

I kind of like the similarities in the songs. It's like a common thread runs through a lot of them.

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 10:08:31 AM
Quote from: "Matilda in Oz"

Also, I have said it before in some thread here, but I can't remember where, that he's a photographer's absolute dream and would have made, I think at least, a wonderful actor had he decided to get into movies.

Seth et Holth, anyone? XD

Well, for starters before we even begin: Pink Cloud Assembly was never planned or written by hide - it was a mashup track created by I.N.A featuring the voice of Hide's brother, Hiroshi.

Oh, that was Hiroshi? Any idea what he's saying? I haven't been able to find a translation :(

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 10:10:29 AM
Quote from: "Fri"
Quote from: "Matilda in Oz"

Also, I have said it before in some thread here, but I can't remember where, that he's a photographer's absolute dream and would have made, I think at least, a wonderful actor had he decided to get into movies.

Seth et Holth, anyone? XD

Hehe, yeah, but I don't really count Seth et Holth. Well, I do, but it was only a small art project. WHICH I absolutely adore, btw. And they didn't say much, LOL.

Edit: Adore is an understatement. Worship is more correct.  :P