• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Whatever happened to...

BizKiTRoAcH · 56901

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #120 on: July 20, 2008, 10:27:10 AM
I'm really starting to think that my english suck or I don't know what... what I meant is yeah, I'm not here to polish your shoes, you're not here to polish mine. That's it. Nothing more.
I took a lot of my time trying to give the best answers I could to everybody in this discussion, but what ? You just spit in my face !

But thanks, you found the solutions for every problem. Throwing tomatoes at people who doesn't think like you. I thought this was exactly what you didn't want anyone to do ?

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #121 on: July 20, 2008, 10:30:34 AM
These virtual tomatoes should have been for me, so it's probably mine English that sucks. And I didn't want you to spit in anyone's face, this is just my idealistic way of thinking.

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #122 on: July 20, 2008, 10:33:17 AM
The point I was trying to make is that YOU cannot be held responsible for any information posted here so having a rule saying we CANT post information from a legit source is silly.
Actually, if I as the forum owner and administrator allow this information to be posted, I can and probably will be held responsible. It would be the same, if I'd allow an illegal brothel to run in my apartment/house. Even though I don't deal with it myself, I knowingly allow it, so I'm guilty as well...

To MiscastDice- Good luck with your forum (though I find some rules a bit strange, but that's anther topic). I hope that everything you find missing in XFF you'll find there.

And Lucs, I think what SarahAlex meant is that she was afraid we are going to throw tomatoes at her? Anyway, I suggest you not do that. There are hungry children in Africa!

EDIT: Bingo... Thats why I try not to take something I read here too seriously. A misplaced word could twist the meaning of a whole post.

This is my administrator color.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #123 on: July 20, 2008, 10:37:24 AM
And Lucs, I think what SarahAlex meant is that she was afraid we are going to throw tomatoes at her? Anyway, I suggest you not do that. There are hungry children in Africa!

EDIT: Bingo... Thats why I try not to take something I read here too seriously. A misplaced word could twist the meaning of a whole post.

Thanks, Hypno. I'm glad you're also worried about the hungry children. And don't forget about the kids in Asia! ;D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #124 on: July 20, 2008, 10:38:20 AM
Kids in Asia mostly have rice and anything green they could eat... African children can only eat sand...

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: July 20, 2008, 10:40:36 AM
The point I was trying to make is that YOU cannot be held responsible for any information posted here so having a rule saying we CANT post information from a legit source is silly.
Actually, if I as the forum owner and administrator allow this information to be posted, I can and probably will be held responsible. It would be the same, if I'd allow an illegal brothel to run in my apartment/house. Even though I don't deal with it myself, I knowingly allow it, so I'm guilty as well...

Actually, you DON'T "knowingly" allow it unless every post is on moderated status or some such and you're signing off on each, allowing it to be posted. Rather than allowing an illegal brothel in your house, it's more like not questioning why your roommate is having sex several times a day with different people. Unless you're somehow involved in some way with it aside from owning the location, it's not your legal duty to make sure your roommate is not a prostitute and just has a lot of lovers.

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: July 20, 2008, 10:49:59 AM
Hypno, did you just compare running a whore house out of your home to posting something Yoshiki said on the internet?

Anyways, I would like to see an example where a member of X Japan or their people sued someone for even posting something like that over the internet. And correct me if I'm wrong Hypno, but aren't you selling bootlegged X Japan items? And you're worried about someone posting a text message from Yoshiki?  :D

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: July 20, 2008, 10:59:41 AM
Just a small question, how have the new rules changed the users 'normal' life on this board? I really haven't realised a big change, most people still post as they did before and some issues like the 'pic disclaimer' have been resolved and the problem with 'two thread - same topic - one has to be closed - is also no more matter, thanks to the new board software. There are still some things were you could say 'Yeah, that's not perfect, maybe we should think 'bout that', but that's it, well, at least for me *g* So just take a step back, relax, chill and enjoy the day.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #128 on: July 20, 2008, 11:04:52 AM
Hypno, did you just compare running a whore house out of your home to posting something Yoshiki said on the internet?

Anyways, I would like to see an example where a member of X Japan or their people sued someone for even posting something like that over the internet. And correct me if I'm wrong Hypno, but aren't you selling bootlegged X Japan items? And you're worried about someone posting a text message from Yoshiki?  :D
Yes, I thought you guys wanted more "X attitude stuff" here.

I don't know if there has been any incidents, but I wouldn't like to be the first one :)

And technically, I'm sending them to my friends and only asking for the money for the blank DVD and postage fees, which isn't any worse than you burning some X songs/vids to your friends and asking them to pay for the blank DVD.

MD, one of my jobs as an administrator here is to read through all the posts and be in touch with what's going on here. Your example about roommates is good, but here I know when I see someone posting a YM message.

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: July 20, 2008, 12:48:58 PM
Just a small question, how have the new rules changed the users 'normal' life on this board? I really haven't realised a big change, most people still post as they did before and some issues like the 'pic disclaimer' have been resolved and the problem with 'two thread - same topic - one has to be closed - is also no more matter, thanks to the new board software. There are still some things were you could say 'Yeah, that's not perfect, maybe we should think 'bout that', but that's it, well, at least for me *g* So just take a step back, relax, chill and enjoy the day.

DAMN STRAIGHT. :D

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: July 20, 2008, 10:21:51 PM

Have you noticed the bannings, warnings, and locked topics being on the rise? You can't say they don't correlate.

Yes, I thought you guys wanted more "X attitude stuff" here.

I don't know if there has been any incidents, but I wouldn't like to be the first one :)

And technically, I'm sending them to my friends and only asking for the money for the blank DVD and postage fees, which isn't any worse than you burning some X songs/vids to your friends and asking them to pay for the blank DVD.

There's money exchanging hands though. I mean, even so you're encouraging pirating of their music and DVDs and I'm pretty sure whoever would get pissed about you doing it would care much more about that than someone posting Yoshiki's text messages.

I just don't understand how you can be worried about being held responsible  for someone typing a text message from Yoshiki, but you aren't worried a bit about sending bootlegs off to people and hosting them on your web server?

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #131 on: July 21, 2008, 05:23:06 AM
I just, personally, have the feeling that sometimes, reading Hollywood's posts (and not only his), his main goal is not to make things go better, but make the staff (and maybe some particular persons from the staff) look ridiculous. Maybe I wrong and I hope I am. It's just a feeling that I have.

I have suggested solutions, you have chosen to overlook them and create straw man arguments in which you attack various statements that I have never actually made.  Right now I'm clearing up the facts as to what I've actually said and not said and attempting to dispose of your multitudes of straw men.  If you feel that this is making you look ridiculous, well, don't construct straw men next time.

Honest, bullshit-free communication is step #1 to making things go better.  I have never misled others nor attempted to do so.  Right now I'm trying to keep others from being misled by you.

Quote from: Lucs
It wasn't directed at you, but now I understand that, as I was quoting you, you thought it was for you.

It was clear that you were addressing me in your post.  When I replied to it, you replied with:
Btw, I was just makin' fun of your statement man, it's so ridiculous, in my opinion, to think that a forum about a band should be just like the "attitude" of the band. I can't believe you took that seriously

In other words, were your post actually for MiscastDice, surely you would have said so earlier.  But either way, it doesn't particularly matter, since neither I NOR MiscastDice, nor anyone else, has ever suggested "no rules".  As I have already told you twice before in recent memory.  No matter who you claim you were talking about, you are still creating straw men.  Communication with you is going to be basically impossible until you stop spreading falsehoods about what others are saying.  It's not a matter of English ability either, as the meaning of your posts has always been very clear: you are claiming that people have said things they have never said, and then attacking them for it.  If you would like to work towards a solution, please stop doing that.  Please instead read and reply to what people are actually saying to you.  Thanks in advance.

Quote from: Matthias
Just a small question, how have the new rules changed the users 'normal' life on this board?
As Uncontrol said, plus a lot of the older members and previous regulars are becoming less active.  "Good riddance", I'm sure some may be thinking, but keep in mind that many of those whose activity is declining were major content-generators before the "PN and new rules" situation.  Alienating people who generate a large portion of a site's content is very poor forum management.  Those are the people you probably want to work to keep around, rather than trying to run them off.

Quote from: Uncontrol
There's money exchanging hands though. I mean, even so you're encouraging pirating of their music and DVDs and I'm pretty sure whoever would get pissed about you doing it would care much more about that than someone posting Yoshiki's text messages.

I just don't understand how you can be worried about being held responsible  for someone typing a text message from Yoshiki, but you aren't worried a bit about sending bootlegs off to people and hosting them on your web server?

Well said.  This is one of those things that I've frequently been absolutely dumbfounded over as well.  As you said, money is exchanging hands-- the fact that the asking price is very low is irrelevant-- and I would like to point out as well that a lot of what Hypno is offering to pirate and sell is still commercially available.  And this isn't even happening in the sharing forum.  It's a sticky in general chat.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #132 on: July 21, 2008, 12:26:30 PM
Have you noticed the bannings, warnings, and locked topics being on the rise? You can't say they don't correlate.
But has any of these warnings been without a good reason? Has any of those actions been with a good reason, other than trying to bully the staff and/or try to go down as martyrs?

First of all, I made that topic around the time I opened this forum. Which was waay before the sharing subforum. If I'm not mistaken, I haven't sent out any DVDs since the sharing subforum opened. And I'm seriously thinking if I should keep that topic there (actually, I usually forget about it until someone asks about it).

I have suggested solutions...
From what I remember of your suggestions, feel free to add some
-De-adminning PN- not going to happen unless she breaks the current rules or steps down herself. And that is final, there is no reason to talk about this one any more.
-Demolishing the current rules, bringing back the old ones- We are considering some changes in the rules. About your 'old rules worked fine', do you even remember the old rules? I deleted them, they have been thrown to the trashcan of history. If you want them back, you have to remind me of each of them (not that I'm actually putting them back, I just want to know if you know the old rules yourself) because all I remember from there are 'No spamming' and guidelines for your avatar size... Also something about not posting (unchecked) translations without notes that they may have mistakes. We have all those in the new rules also. Changes in the rules are always possible, if we see a need for them. Of course, first there should be a time period long enough to see if the rule under question works. Don't you agree?

Btw, I was just makin' fun of your statement man, it's so ridiculous, in my opinion, to think that a forum about a band should be just like the "attitude" of the band. I can't believe you took that seriously

In other words, were your post actually for MiscastDice, surely you would have said so earlier.  But either way, it doesn't particularly matter, since neither I NOR MiscastDice, nor anyone else, has ever suggested "no rules".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Lucs's sentence about your statement that if X swears, drinks, smokes, etc, then we should be allowed to act just as bad? I read the posts, but I guess it's just a misunderstanding?

As Uncontrol said, plus a lot of the older members and previous regulars are becoming less active.  "Good riddance", I'm sure some may be thinking, but keep in mind that many of those whose activity is declining were major content-generators before the "PN and new rules" situation.  Alienating people who generate a large portion of a site's content is very poor forum management.  Those are the people you probably want to work to keep around, rather than trying to run them off.
And I know people who have been posting a lot less because of your 'crusade' and the atmosphere it's generating.

And Hollywood, about your 'I or anyone has never suggested to get rid of all the rules', your statement of 'no one wanted the new rules, the old ones were good enough' almost is asking of getting rid of all the rules, because as I said above, the old rules really weren't anything.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #133 on: July 21, 2008, 11:22:28 PM
And I know people who have been posting a lot less because of your 'crusade' and the atmosphere it's generating.

If there is a bad atmosphere because of the debate, I seriously doubt it is only Hollywood's fault. Putting all the blame on him is IMO very unfair. (Plus, I could probably name at least the same number of people who are posting a lot less/downright quit because of certain 'atmospheres' and 'crusades' led by completely different people.) 

And Hollywood, about your 'I or anyone has never suggested to get rid of all the rules', your statement of 'no one wanted the new rules, the old ones were good enough' almost is asking of getting rid of all the rules, because as I said above, the old rules really weren't anything.

I really do not think so, Hypno. There is still a great difference between the rules we had and regular chaos that would be without any rules at all.

Pony rocks!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: July 22, 2008, 04:50:51 AM
Quote from: Hypno
-De-adminning PN- not going to happen unless she breaks the current rules or steps down herself. And that is final, there is no reason to talk about this one any more.
As I said to you, both in public and via PM: if, as you said, you are seriously willing to de-admin PN if her bad behavior resurfaces, that's fine with me.  I've already agreed to this, don't attempt to imply that I haven't.  I honestly don't know why you're now trying to re-open this topic with me, other than to join Lucs in the strawman fiesta.

-Demolishing the current rules, bringing back the old ones- We are considering some changes in the rules. About your 'old rules worked fine', do you even remember the old rules? I deleted them, they have been thrown to the trashcan of history. If you want them back, you have to remind me of each of them (not that I'm actually putting them back, I just want to know if you know the old rules yourself)
Credit to you-- you're really trying every possible way to permanently force the new rules down everyone's throat, aren't you?  No, I didn't save a copy of the old rules.  I (naively) didn't anticipate that the new rules would be so bizarre and oppressive as to necessitate that.

because all I remember from there are 'No spamming' and guidelines for your avatar size... Also something about not posting (unchecked) translations without notes that they may have mistakes.
The fact that these are the only rules you remember really says something: those are the only rules that are actually of any importance.  Well, those and "don't insult or harass other users".  And yes, there was already something to that effect in the old rules.

So, for normal users:
1. Don't insult or harass other users, and don't post other users' PMs without their permission.
2. No spamming.
3. When posting translations or rumors, please include a disclaimer to remind others that there may be mistakes or other inaccuracies.
4. Maximum avatar size is (whatever).
5. Don't share audio or video files outside of the sharing subforum.

Why are any rules necessary beyond that?

By the way, the admin/mod rules are actually fine, the only problem there is that they aren't consistently upheld or enforced and that the admins (note plural) bend them at will.

Of course, first there should be a time period long enough to see if the rule under question works. Don't you agree?
No.  Why do you need to "test" a new rule to see if it "works"?  Uncontrol said it best:
Quote from: Uncontrol
Also, the new rules aren't something that you need to try to figure out if you like, it's not a new brand of Doritos or anything. You can read the rules and decide if you like them from that, there isn't really anything to try. You either like them, or you don't.

Speaking of that:
Here we go again with these attempts to assert that I'm the only one who has any problem with anything around here.  In that case, may I direct you to the current state of the rules poll?
Poll
Question:    What do you think about the current rules?  (Voting closes: July 25, 2008, 12:11:27 AM)
The rules are good as they are!    - 14 (40%)
Some minor changes, and they'd be great!    - 7 (20%)
The rules need some drastic changes!    - 14 (40%)
We don't need ANY rules!    - 0 (0%)

Total Voters: 34

60% of voters have a problem with at least SOME part of the current rules.  I'm not alone, and have never been.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Lucs's sentence about your statement that if X swears, drinks, smokes, etc, then we should be allowed to act just as bad? I read the posts, but I guess it's just a misunderstanding?
Yes, that's what Lucs was talking about.  My point in quoting that was to show that he was clearly addressing ME in the posts that he now claims were addressed to MiscastDice.  But as I said, who he was addressing doesn't actually matter, since it was an obvious strawman argument either way.

Now you're contradicting yourself.  First you supposedly can't remember the old rules, and now you remember them vividly enough to claim that they "weren't anything"?  Don't forget, this forum's most active period-- the three-day reunion concerts and the lead-up to and cool-down from it-- occured under the old rules.

And everything went just fine.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #135 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:53 AM
If there is a bad atmosphere because of the debate, I seriously doubt it is only Hollywood's fault.
I never said so. I think Hollywood is one of the most reasonable posters, in the... Other group (I seriously don't even know what to call you/them).

As I said to you, both in public and via PM: if, as you said, you are seriously willing to de-admin PN if her bad behavior resurfaces, that's fine with me.  I've already agreed to this, don't attempt to imply that I haven't.  I honestly don't know why you're now trying to re-open this topic with me, other than to join Lucs in the strawman fiesta.
Although I was directly answering you, this was meant for everyone. I know you have accepted that, and I greatly appreciate it. But there are some who haven't.

Credit to you-- you're really trying every possible way to permanently force the new rules down everyone's throat, aren't you?  No, I didn't save a copy of the old rules.  I (naively) didn't anticipate that the new rules would be so bizarre and oppressive as to necessitate that.
No, as I said before, rules might be changed (it's even added as a note under the rules). It's just that we shouldn't rush anything.

So, for normal users:
1. Don't insult or harass other users, and don't post other users' PMs without their permission.
2. No spamming.
3. When posting translations or rumors, please include a disclaimer to remind others that there may be mistakes or other inaccuracies.

Actually, unless my memory is REALLY bad, there wasn't that first rule in the old rules (the harassing users part). And as soon as the poll is over, we'll start working on the rules again.

No.  Why do you need to "test" a new rule to see if it "works"?
Some things might look good on paper (well, screen), but not work at all really.

Yes, that's what Lucs was talking about.  My point in quoting that was to show that he was clearly addressing ME in the posts that he now claims were addressed to MiscastDice.  But as I said, who he was addressing doesn't actually matter, since it was an obvious strawman argument either way.
In your answer to Lucs's comment about the attitude of the band & the fans stuff, you answered with that you never wanted "no rules". A bit different topics?

Now you're contradicting yourself.  First you supposedly can't remember the old rules, and now you remember them vividly enough to claim that they "weren't anything"?
I can't remember the old rules exactly- word by word. But if you, for example, tell me a rule, I could probably say if it was in the old rules or not.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: July 22, 2008, 05:34:39 PM
Quote from: Anna
If there is a bad atmosphere because of the debate, I seriously doubt it is only Hollywood's fault.
I never said so. I think Hollywood is one of the most reasonable posters, in the... Other group (I seriously don't even know what to call you/them).
I wish you and Lucs would stop trying to back out of your previous statements every time you're proven wrong.  Here's what you said to me, on this very page:

No, as I said before, rules might be changed (it's even added as a note under the rules). It's just that we shouldn't rush anything.
I don't get this.  Why shouldn't we rush anything?  What are you waiting for, even more people to get frustrated with the state of the forum and go inactive/leave?

Quote from: Hollywood
So, for normal users:
2. No spamming.

Actually, unless my memory is REALLY bad, there wasn't that first rule in the old rules (the harassing users part). And as soon as the poll is over, we'll start working on the rules again.
I clearly remember a rule about respecting others/not insulting others/something like that, but whatever, if no one can (or no one chooses to) present a copy of the old rules, then it's pointless to discuss the specifics of what was or wasn't there.

That's why I attempted to move forward and suggest a solution.  But I guess that's not allowed either?

In your answer to Lucs's comment about the attitude of the band & the fans stuff, you answered with that you never wanted "no rules". A bit different topics?
Right, I never wanted "no rules".  And as I said, my point in re-quoting that part of Lucs' post was to show how he was addressing ME despite claiming he wasn't.  But I guess I can understand why you're defending his "even though I quoted you I wasn't actually talking to/about you!" BS, given that you're now using some of the same techniques.  Aside of the "crusade" one above, there's also this:

Although I was directly answering you, this was meant for everyone. I know you have accepted that, and I greatly appreciate it. But there are some who haven't.
May I remind you that you said this, in a message which was very obviously directed towards me, especially considering that you quoted me in your reply:
I have suggested solutions...
From what I remember of your suggestions, feel free to add some
Anyone with half a brain can figure out what you were attempting to imply there.  It's a very weak, cowardly "technique", and a painfully obvious one: you quote me and say something misleading about me, and then when someone calls you on it, you claim it was either a general statement or it was actually about MiscastDice or whatever.  Yeah, right.  It's a lot easier for everyone involved if you simply avoid making misleading implications that you can't own up to.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:36:51 PM by Hollywood »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #137 on: July 22, 2008, 09:01:29 PM
Hollywood, I think you are overanalyzing everything... And I seriously don't see a good future for this thread either... So, unless you have something certain to ask or say...

As for your suggestions, they will be welcome after the poll, that you suggested, ends.

About not rushing anything, that's the way things should be done. If you hastily do something, it tends to work badly, as it hasn't been thought through.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: July 22, 2008, 09:02:53 PM
Hollywood, I think you are overanalyzing everything... And I seriously don't see a good future for this thread either... So, unless you have something certain to ask or say...

As for your suggestions, they will be welcome after the poll, that you suggested, ends.

About not rushing anything, that's the way things should be done. If you hastily do something, it tends to work badly, as it hasn't been thought through.

in b4 lock

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: July 22, 2008, 09:05:28 PM
JRR2, lololol.

RIP

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #140 on: July 22, 2008, 09:49:38 PM
JRR2, lololol.

Shouldn't you give yourself the first warning now? O____________o  ??? *confused*

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: July 22, 2008, 09:53:34 PM
I just made it easier for whoever wanted to say it, I did it for them. They can thank me by sending me flowers (alternatively 3,99€) if they want to.  :) I'm not sure I can warn myself, though, but I could try.

RIP

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: July 22, 2008, 09:55:24 PM
Hollywood, I think you are overanalyzing everything...
Because you and Lucs weren't actually talking to me or about me when you were talking to me and about me?  Or what?

And I seriously don't see a good future for this thread either... So, unless you have something certain to ask or say...
Which rule(s) is this thread violating?  It's a random thread in the offtopic section.

And if it isn't violating any rules, why should it be locked?

I suggested the poll, not the week of "shut up until the poll is over" that you've been attempting to impose when the discussion doesn't go your way.  Why do you not want people to suggest anything to you?

This is getting (even more) ridiculous.  First you claim I'm ruining the atmosphere of your forum and imply that I've never suggested any solutions to the forum's problems, and now when I make an additional suggestion, you tell me to shut up or you're locking the thread.  What the fuck?

You mean like the new rules themselves?

It took you under five days to write and implement them.  Out of curiosity, how long was the staff given to comment on the final draft of the rules before they went live?  I'm asking because I honestly forget and would like to know.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #143 on: July 22, 2008, 10:14:36 PM
Because you and Lucs weren't actually talking to me or about me when you were talking to me and about me?  Or what?
Because you are seeing things where there is nothing.... But really, nevermind...

Which rule(s) is this thread violating?  It's a random thread in the offtopic section.

And if it isn't violating any rules, why should it be locked?
None. It shouldn't. And it won't be. I just made a friendly suggestion. Who said it is going to be locked anyway? (Except for MiscastDice, but I have stopped taking him seriously... Btw he said he doesn't visit 4chan, but the text he sometimes writes does awfully remind me of that place)

I suggested the poll, not the week of "shut up until the poll is over" that you've been attempting to impose when the discussion doesn't go your way.  Why do you not want people to suggest anything to you?

This is getting (even more) ridiculous.  First you claim I'm ruining the atmosphere of your forum and imply that I've never suggested any solutions to the forum's problems, and now when I make an additional suggestion, you tell me to shut up or you're locking the thread.  What the fuck?
Because the poll was made so we could see what people think. Though, I guess it's safe to say that you should start thinking about the suggestions. It's just that I try not to pile things up. I don't think it matters that much if we start getting suggestions a day before or earlier. And again, I never said I'm locking anything.

You mean like the new rules themselves?

It took you under five days to write and implement them.  Out of curiosity, how long was the staff given to comment on the final draft of the rules before they went live?  I'm asking because I honestly forget and would like to know.
I'm not sure when exactly did we start compiling them, asking for suggestions and everything, but the first big list appeared on the Mods subforum 11 days before the rules went live. And the really final list went up 2 days before. And I remind you that we didn't have all the mods we have now.

AND, as Hollywood said, this is a random thread in the offtopic section. No reason for me to warn Ferret or anything. The person who got a ban for saying so did it in a more serious subforum and after my direct order not to do so.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: July 22, 2008, 10:19:53 PM
About the poll, shouldn't we send every user a pm to vote or something? (mass pm/mail) That way maybe people who didn't follow all these threads/discussions could vote without being as biased as everyone here seems to be.

RIP

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: July 23, 2008, 12:48:12 AM
'm not sure when exactly did we start compiling them, asking for suggestions and everything, but the first big list appeared on the Mods subforum 11 days before the rules went live. And the really final list went up 2 days before. And I remind you that we didn't have all the mods we have now.
So you gave the staff only 48 hours to discuss the final draft of the rules before they went into use.  That says a lot right there.

AND, as Hollywood said, this is a random thread in the offtopic section. No reason for me to warn Ferret or anything. The person who got a ban for saying so did it in a more serious subforum and after my direct order not to do so.
And, as your rules said:
1. Respect the other users, the moderators and the administrators. Personal offences are not tolerated.

I thought it was rule #2 ("constructive posts") that is used with slightly more leniance in the offtopic section?  I saw no such disclaimer on rule #1.  So directly mocking other users is OK here now?

And yeah, I consider quoting the exact text that darkcat was banned for to be a clear provocation and a flaunting of one's "above the law" admin status.  Let's put it this way: can you imagine how all hell would have broken loose if I (or, god forbid, MiscastDice) had posted the same thing?

Quote from: ferret
About the poll, shouldn't we send every user a pm to vote or something? (mass pm/mail) That way maybe people who didn't follow all these threads/discussions could vote without being as biased as everyone here seems to be.
Strikes me as like a last-ditch effort to try to swing the poll your way, given that there are already 34 votes and probably not many more active users than that-- especially considering that the poll numbers haven't changed for a day or so and time is running out.

But sure, if you want.  Good luck with that.

Offline vegarrrrd

• View Profile
Reply #146 on: July 23, 2008, 09:28:59 AM
Wow. Just wow.

If some people want all of the forum members to either be assholes or be supposed to take every insult thrown at them - good riddance. I really don't think this is the board for you.

Do you honestly think i.e. Taiji would sign up to this board just to insult everyone he comes along?

what does taiji has to do with anything ? should we make a forum for him ?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: July 23, 2008, 10:05:14 AM
Let's put it this way: can you imagine how all hell would have broken loose if I (or, god forbid, MiscastDice) had posted the same thing?

Given MD's history of "constcuctive" comments the JRR2 comment was very likely to come again, but hey I did it for him, I don't understand the outrage. I'm not here to kiss his ass, neither is he here to kiss mine, we should be able to coexist, but I don't see any wish for that from MD.

Strikes me as like a last-ditch effort to try to swing the poll your way, given that there are already 34 votes and probably not many more active users than that-- especially considering that the poll numbers haven't changed for a day or so and time is running out.

Your current paranoia reminds me of another user here (I don't think you'd like to be associated with her, though :P)

RIP

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: July 23, 2008, 10:12:41 AM
what does taiji has to do with anything ? should we make a forum for him ?
Someone (don't remember if it was MD or Hollywod) insinuated that we should ban the X memebers if they signed up to this forum because one can't act like an asshat.
Apparently people believe stage personas are real.

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #149 on: July 23, 2008, 10:31:37 AM
Honestly, Hollywood. Do you seriously have to take every thing ferret or Hypno says the wrong way? It's a poll about the forum, there can't be anything wrong with trying to get as much users as possible involved in it. I'm sure the users in question will be able to read the rules and form their own opinion.