• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: January 13, 2009, 12:23:54 PM
nice. I like the first one better.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 24, 2009, 05:15:35 PM
Guns N' Roses is proud to announce that guitarist n' songwriter Dj Ashba has joined the band for an upcoming tour. Ashba, who officially replaces current NIN guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures.
"Dj's a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N' Roses is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose. "We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. Guns' radar has silently been aware of Dj's presence for quite some time! He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of Guns N' Roses live. Once Dj's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

"It's an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of a band that I have always loved and respected," said Dj Ashba.

"I'm looking forward to working with Axl, who is not only one of the few great front men of our generation, but a true artist."

Dj Ashba co-wrote and co-produced Motley Crue's latest album "Saints of Los Angeles," which garnered a 2008 GRAMMY nomination for Best Hard Rock Performance, as well as co-wrote and co-produced the Sixx AM album "Heroin Diaries."

Robin continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of Guns' history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy.

Now, one step closer to the abyss, Ashba joins a band who's all time roster is nearly as long as it's founder Axl Rose's rap sheet!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: June 14, 2017, 08:36:54 AM
Well, been some time since the last post in this topic XD
Guns are on tour at the moment and Duff and Slash are also back on board \m/ Saw them yesterday in munich and can only recommend them to everybody. Setlist was also pretty nice:

01. It’s So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Welcome To The Jungle
05. Double Talkin’ Jive
06. Better
07. Estranged
08. Live and let die
09. Rocket Queen
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memeory/New Rose (Duff)
12. This I Love
13. Civil War
14. Yesterdays
15. Coma
--. Slash Solo/Godfather
16. Sweet Child O ' Mine
17. Out Ta Get Me
--. Wish You Were here (Slash/Richard)
--. Layla Outro (Instr.)
18. November Rain
--. Only Women Bleed (Intro)
19. Knockin on Heavens Door
20. Nighttrain

--. Melissa (Jam)
21. Black Hole Sun
22. Don' t cry
23. The Seeker
24. Paradise City

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: June 14, 2017, 01:44:23 PM
I saw them in Adelaide a few months ago and it was an absolutely brilliant gig.

Nostalgic as all fuck. Axl was in incredible form, and they were 15 mins early; the crowd was still piling in when It's so easy started!

I really enjoyed seeing Richard Fortus on stage. He nailed all the Chinese Democracy stuff and also has great chemistry with the audience, Duff and Slash.

While lots of people say that it isn't a real reunion without the original 5, Adler wouldn't last the whole gig, and who knows when Izzy would bail the tour anyway. Frank is a machine on the drums, Dizzy is Dizzy, and Melissa has a fantastic voice (and is cute as fuck)

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: June 16, 2017, 06:25:33 AM
Can only second everything you wrote :)

Of course I'd like to have Steven and/or Izzy on stage with them in some form, but Steven is unreliable and Izzy is ... well ... he's Izzy ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to see them on a future tour again and maybe, just maybe, there may be new material in the far, far future.