the best X Japan Tokyo Dome stage design

denx · 8989

Poll

which one is the best X Japan Tokyo Dome stage design

Tokyo dome 1992 (Verge of Destruction)
4 (9.1%)
Tokyo dome 1993 (X Japan Returns)
0 (0%)
Tokyo dome 1994 (Blue night and White night)
1 (2.3%)
Tokyo dome 1995 (????)
0 (0%)
Tokyo dome 1996 (Dahlia tour final)
0 (0%)
Tokyo dome 1997 (The last live)
9 (20.5%)
Tokyo dome 2008 (Reunion concerts)
30 (68.2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: June 30, 2008, 04:03:12 PM

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: June 30, 2008, 05:26:29 AM
The Last Live stage design will be the best in my opinion, its very amazing and beautiful. the second one is, the reunion concert stage, its simply amazing as well, with Main X in the middle, and 2 more X on the side.

1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996 stage design looks normal for me.

nah, which one is the best for u guys?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 07:44:14 AM
Though I'm a big fan of 1992 for sentimental reasons (first X concert video I ever saw), I think the reunion concerts had the actual best design.  I really like the new X with all the roses and stuff, very cool and a nice throwback to the old days.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:47:26 AM
Reunion concert. I remember being completely stunned. :)

Pony rocks!

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 08:10:46 AM
Yea I say the reunion concert too. I think that their stages just kept getting better and better.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 08:30:23 AM
reunion concert also amazing, yeah, the rose looks verybeautiful. and also during art of life, did u guys see the man with 4 hands and wings, its very amazing. both reunion and last live lighting also very good compare to others tokyo dome live

i choose last live, i thinks its because the first X Japan concert that i watch.

Ex denxdenx

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:32:52 AM
I really like X Japan Returns stage. The lights during Art Of Life are just great !!!

But I think I'd choose the reunion concert too ! The stage was just amazing !!!

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 08:40:15 AM
Quote from: "Lucs"
I really like X Japan Returns stage. The lights during Art Of Life are just great !!!

EPILEPTIC SEIZURE is all I have to say about them xDD

I never paid THAT much attention to the stages before, aside from the reunion concerts (because they were AMAZING) and the Screaming Mad George props (OTVOD?) because it was George who had made them xD And they were both great.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 09:52:15 AM
Reunion concerts too, just amazing. But I really like the last live one because it's the first X concert I saw and it totally impress me, what an amazing live :shock:

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 01:36:59 PM
For me it's gotta be TLL stage design. It's both simple and unique.
The reunion live stage was beautiful too, especially the huge fancy X on each side and the lighting. But apart from that, I kinda like the 1994 stage quite a lot too.
But my fav is definetely the TLL one.

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 01:49:07 PM
It definately has to be the reunion live. <3
I can still recall it and be amazed.

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 02:48:48 PM
also, toshi can running  to  left side , right side and the middle on tll

Ex denxdenx

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 02:51:00 PM
dendenx, you can edit your post and make a poll with the choice maybe ! So you won't have to count !

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 03:32:49 PM
I'd say the reunion stage and the Last live.

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 03:45:47 PM
Last Live stage design is the best one for me.
Those spider legs looking structures combined with the lightings.
And they even moved. Amazing.

jigokugal

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 04:08:19 PM
I vote for the reunion stage, but I love the Returns stage a lot too... But I was so amazed by the stage in March that I have to vote for them :)

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 05:12:07 PM

Do you have a source for this?  Just curious, since you've worded it as a fact rather than a theory.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 04:56:28 PM by Maverick »

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 06:25:43 PM
This topic is about the favorite stage of X-Freaks members, not about the Last Live. So please continue this discussion by Private Message or in the appropriate section. Thank you.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 06:30:49 PM
The reunion stage really looked awesome, but now I had to decide for one, and therefore Screaming Mad George won with his stage design to me :P - I wanna have his imagination power

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 07:59:59 PM
1992 -  OBEY TEH GIANT EYE!!!

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 08:31:55 PM
making a poll was a good idea.
Nonetheless, I cast my vote - just like I said earlier - for TLL. Just gotta love the giant X design and the moment during X, when Toshi is jumping, audience screams X and the X-shape is reflected on the top of the Dome.

*I'm still wondering how much difference is between 95 and 96 stage. As far as I remember, there should be none...but am not sure either*

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 10:41:02 AM
This topic is about the favorite stage of X-Freaks members, not about the Last Live. So please continue this discussion by Private Message or in the appropriate section. Thank you.

No disrespect, but aren't you a little harsh now?  :roll:  I mean, if we are going to break all posts into new threads as soon as they deviate even slightly, we'll end up with a million threads! Ok, that was overexaggerated, but am I totally wrong in this way of thinking? :?:

Edited to add: What I have in mind is that the flow of communication or conversation in a thread should be allowed a certain amount of deviation, or else each thread almost ends up as a poll.

On topic: I like the Last Live stage as well. It's not overly done but there's plenty of space and just has a good feel about it (despite being the last live)

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 10:49:22 AM
Quote from: "Matilda in Oz"

No disrespect, but aren't you a little harsh now?  :roll:  I mean, if we are going to break all posts into new threads as soon as they deviate even slightly, we'll end up with a million threads! Ok, that was overexaggerated, but am I totally wrong in this way of thinking? :?:

Edited to add: What I have in mind is that the flow of communication or conversation in a thread should be allowed a certain amount of deviation, or else each thread almost ends up as a poll.

I'm not naive and I've immediatly seen the purpose of Hollywood's question, it's why I asked him to open a new topic cause there would have been two totally differents discussions in the same topic.

I think Hollywood agreed with my decision. A little off topic is ok of course, but here I think it would have been more than a little. That's why I took this decision.

If you wanna talk more about that you can contact me by PM. No prob for me.

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 10:56:05 AM
Nah, it's ok. It was just a thought.

By the way, your yellow text is EXTREMELY hard to read when background is set to silver. I can't use the black background because the white text on black is too hard on my eyes (I spend almost 15 hrs/day in front of a computer for work and etc.) If I could ask you to try the optional forum setting of silver background and you'll see what I mean.....

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 11:00:48 AM
Nah, it's ok. It was just a thought.

By the way, your yellow text is EXTREMELY hard to read when background is set to silver. I can't use the black background because the white text on black is too hard on my eyes (I spend almost 15 hrs/day in front of a computer for work and etc.) If I could ask you to try the optional forum setting of silver background and you'll see what I mean.....

No problem I'll try that (I always use the black theme...).

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 11:17:22 AM
Much better. Thanxx!!!

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 12:16:33 PM
Looks like I'm voting with the majority here, the X JAPAN Attacks Again stage. Combined some of my favourite elements of the past Tokyo Dome stages and had a sense of grandeaur I felt the others were missing, though I've yet to watch more than a handful of songs from the '93 and '94 shows, so I could be mistaken!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 03:14:41 PM

I'm not naive and I've immediatly seen the purpose of Hollywood's question, it's why I asked him to open a new topic cause there would have been two totally differents discussions in the same topic.

I think Hollywood agreed with my decision. A little off topic is ok of course, but here I think it would have been more than a little. That's why I took this decision.

If you wanna talk more about that you can contact me by PM. No prob for me.

thanks lucs, i m happy with ur decision

Ex denxdenx

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 08:08:39 AM
Heh, I thought it was cool when they shone different coloured lights on the roses at the I.V. concert. I wonder what they did with those giant X's afterwards @_@

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 09:50:24 AM
hmmm...I just noticed that the list is missing one Tokyo Dome concert, the 1st TD live in 1991...

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 11:04:51 AM
Tokyo dome 1992 (Verge of Destruction)

I think this one is looking awesome. I don't know, I love the works of Screaming Mad George, because it's mostly so wonderful creepy.
Though I have to admit that I rarely noticed it while watchingt the video.

Images belong to... I guess Screaming Mad George... at least it's from his homepage.

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse