X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki in the top ten of Best Rock Drummers!

Layla_Black · 18396

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 01:22:47 PM
Yo-chan's at number two on that list now~! =DDD

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 02:01:42 AM
Yoshiki is now the number 1 drummer in the world according to that list (and my opinion as well, however a lot better explanation needs to be given on that site about what Yoshiki's drum solos stand for).

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 04:27:38 AM
I'm so happy that he's No. 1 now.  He deserves it. :D

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 11:07:10 AM
He really does need a better description on that site for why he should be number 1, the comments on that site just say "well he's fast and um..............I LUV HIM!!!!" His drum solos are not just about speed, also he needs the word X-japan put in brackets beside his name, just like the other bands have their band name put beside there's.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 11:17:16 AM
Lol @ all the X fans voting like crazy so that he's first. The comments are funny though, you can tell who idolizes him to infinity (best drummer, pianist, lyricist, composer, model, actor, person in da worllllld!!111), reminds me of myspace in a sense  :P ;D.

RIP

Offline Taku

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 12:12:56 PM
Lol @ all the X fans voting like crazy so that he's first. The comments are funny though, you can tell who idolizes him to infinity (best drummer, pianist, lyricist, composer, model, actor, person in da worllllld!!111), reminds me of myspace in a sense  Tongue Grin.
I agree Yoshiki is the best drummer, pianist, lyricist, composer, model, actor, person in the world. But I don't think we can say that is the best drummer in the world^^ I'm a drummer myself and I know a lot of drummer who play the drums better than Yoshiki *a lot of persons will hate meXD*  I just want to say two name, Mike Portnoy, and Terry Bozzio and others too like jazz drummer!!! *please don't kill me* I prefer Yoshiki don't worry^^

!!Never To Be Forgotten!!

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 06:29:15 PM
Yoshiki may not be the best drummer in the world but I sure do like his style.

So if you ask me, he deserves to be on the list.

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 07:41:03 PM
Yoshiki may not be the best drummer in the world but I sure do like his style.

So if you ask me, he deserves to be on the list.

I agree, because there are probably others out there who are unknown, so it's unfair to say "best in the world".

But yes, he definitely deserves to be on that list!! :D

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 02:34:03 PM
Oh wow he is on no 1 now. What a surprise. Last time I saw he was on the 4th.
Hooray to X Freaks for voting Yoshiki.
He may not the best drummer in the world, but for me personally, he deserves the NUMBER ONE seat on any drummer list.

jigokugal

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 04:09:34 PM
Go X Freaks!! XDD

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 02:10:42 AM
Oh wow he is on no 1 now. What a surprise. Last time I saw he was on the 4th.
Hooray to X Freaks for voting Yoshiki.
He may not the best drummer in the world, but for me personally, he deserves the NUMBER ONE seat on any drummer list.

Hehe, this is madness :)

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 05:02:19 PM
The madness came from here
As others have said, he's not a particularly creative drummer, but I'll take Yoshiki's passion, aggression, and drama over anyone's "impressive technical chops", any day.
:)

jigokugal

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 21, 2008, 02:05:29 AM
The madness came from here
As others have said, he's not a particularly creative drummer, but I'll take Yoshiki's passion, aggression, and drama over anyone's "impressive technical chops", any day.
:)

Don't take me wrong I never said that he didn't fit the list. Excuse me my bad humor. :)

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #43 on: August 21, 2008, 09:42:56 PM
Lmao though i love Yoshiki as drummer,Neil Peart will own him again I guess...that guy is a too f*****g awesome drummer,you should all listen to him guys if you haven't yet!

(But anyway,as an X-freak..GO YOSHIKI!Make them understand your PAIN!XD)

PARTY HARD

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 11:27:13 AM
Lmao though i love Yoshiki as drummer,Neil Peart will own him again I guess...that guy is a too f*****g awesome drummer,you should all listen to him guys if you haven't yet!

(But anyway,as an X-freak..GO YOSHIKI!Make them understand your PAIN!XD)

Yes I know Neil Peart is technically awesome but I prefer Yoshiki's style instead. Nevertheless, people should really look Neil's playing, he is brilliant drummer indeed. No one can beat Lars Ulrich tho.. LMAO

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 12:18:20 PM
No one can beat Lars Ulrich tho.. LMAO

ROFLMAO that made my day xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

PARTY HARD

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 23, 2008, 09:10:13 AM
Don't take me wrong I never said that he didn't fit the list. Excuse me my bad humor. :)
Hey, i understand wht u mean. everything's cool. cheers ;)

jigokugal

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 25, 2008, 12:13:05 AM
It always depends on what fans nominate for those lists... some have one opinion..others.. diffrent...

Yoshiki is an awesome drummer.. and my personal favorite drummers?  Roger Taylor, Lars Ulrich, Yoshiki, and Phil Collen (Def Leppard)
ahh some clarifications: drummer of Def Leppard is Rick Allen. Due to an automobile accident when he was only 21,
he plays drums with his right arm only, that's from 1985 till today, they have concert tours
and I heard Japan is included for October 3 night shows.

Phil Collins was the former drummer of Genesis which recently held a reunion concert.

It's so nice to see Yoshiki in that category. He really is one of the bests. Although some of the best drummers
(in my opinion) were not listed there. The likes of Keith Moon, Simon Phillips, Peter Criss, Dave Grohl before he
founded Foo Fighters, Jack Irons, Tommy Lee and more.

Oh how I wish and hope to watch Yoshiki still play drums at 66, it won't matter if it's in a slower phase.  *sadist*

edit: I don't think younger generation would appreciate these oldies *winks*

Well, I know that one of the drummers that inspired Roger Taylor was Ginger Baker.  When Queen was looking for a drummer, they wanted a 'Mitch Mitchell/Ginger Baker" type drummer.

Thanks for the clarification on the Phil Colin/Rick Allen thing.  My brain was fuzzy that day.

Peter Criss is an awesome drummer but doesn't get the credit he deserves due to *unnamed* members of KISS.  Just as good are Eric Carr and Eric Singer.

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Kajitoku

• No X, No Life!
    • View Profile
    • My website about Nightmare
Reply #48 on: September 05, 2008, 08:13:08 PM
Gave my vote too! ;D
I dunno what DEG's drummer is doing on that list...>_<''
Anyways, when I first saw X live, the one who draw my attention was Yoshiki-Sama, and his powerful drumming....I sware, I never seen this kind of drumming jumping and smiling and the same time... X___x (Ohohoho gomen ne~ no fangirlzm) *hopes not to be kicked by administrator*
Go Yoshiki-Sama! ;) :-*

Offline iluvpinkspider

• Sunday Listener
  • do you bleed for the fantasy?
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 14, 2010, 06:28:22 PM
ok, i love 30 seconds to mars and all, but how is SHANNON LETO ranked number 1 and Yoshiki number 2? Yoshiki should be Number 1!

If you could have told me everything
You would have found what love is
For now I will try to live for you and for me
I will try to live with love, with dreams,
and forever with tears

RIP hide! December 13, 1964-May 2, 1998

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 04:51:20 AM
Oh Snap!  :(  I was hoping for a TopTen List paneled by his peers, not a popularity contest. Fan Top Tens are fun and fine, but I would love to see an international panel of drummers post their top ten, AND I would love to see Yoshiki make it, even at tenth. I have seen many drummers in concert and so far he is the only one for me, other than Rick Allan, who shows stamina and doesn't jam out five minutes into the solo. Nose dives after a quarter hour? Yes. Jams out? No. His footwork precision is amazing, and that I have from the mouths of drummers I have shown him to. After his neck injury, his upper body precision and 'creativity' suffered nominally. Pain can interfere with creativity and ability, but he is still amazing. I like to call him the kamikaze drummer. I just wish I could get an opinion from someone like Mikko Sirén of Apocalyptica, Lars Ulrich of Metallica or especially Def Leppard's Rick Allan. Sorry, not up on some of the more recent metal or concert drummers. Growing up it was always Buddy Rich for me and since then Yoshiki is the only other skin master to make me stop in my tracks, turn and look at the screen. His drumming stands out for me.   

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: January 21, 2010, 06:49:32 AM
Oh Snap!  :(  I was hoping for a TopTen List paneled by his peers, not a popularity contest. Fan Top Tens are fun and fine, but I would love to see an international panel of drummers post their top ten, AND I would love to see Yoshiki make it, even at tenth. I have seen many drummers in concert and so far he is the only one for me, other than Rick Allan, who shows stamina and doesn't jam out five minutes into the solo. Nose dives after a quarter hour? Yes. Jams out? No. His footwork precision is amazing, and that I have from the mouths of drummers I have shown him to. After his neck injury, his upper body precision and 'creativity' suffered nominally. Pain can interfere with creativity and ability, but he is still amazing. I like to call him the kamikaze drummer. I just wish I could get an opinion from someone like Mikko Sirén of Apocalyptica, Lars Ulrich of Metallica or especially Def Leppard's Rick Allan. Sorry, not up on some of the more recent metal or concert drummers. Growing up it was always Buddy Rich for me and since then Yoshiki is the only other skin master to make me stop in my tracks, turn and look at the screen. His drumming stands out for me.  

Thank you!  There are some very, very good drummers out there.  I'm glad that we all feel highly of Yoshiki, but I have to say as much as I like him.. and his style.. I prefer Roger Taylor (Queen), Phil Collins(Genesis), Rick Allen, Lars Ulrich's styles.

Ruka (Nightmare) is a good drummer.. and from what I understand.. Kami (malice mizer) was extraordinary.

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.