X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

If you were stuck on a desert island for a year...

friday · 2267

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
...and you could only bring 5 CD's, what would they be and why?

THREE RULES

1: Once CD per artist. Sorry, but thats the rule. :P

2: None of this "But why would you be carrying CD's on the island, where would you play them and how did you get on the island? This is a  hypothetical question.

3: No Greatest Hits/Compilation albums. It will make it more interesting. Why did you pick this album instead of the rest of the bands albums?

Alrighty, i'll go first.

1: Radiohead - In Rainbows
My favourite album of 2007. Thom Yorke's voice soothes me... He is one of only two vocalists who has the ability to bring me close to tears. (Guess the other one.)

2: Megadeth - Rust in Peace
When i'm angry, frustrated or whatever, i put this album on and the metal takes everything away. \m/

3: X Japan - Blue Blood
Now this was a hard one... Although Dahlia is my favourite X Japan album, Blue Blood (at least for me) has the overall X Sound. The rockin' leads, the beating drums, and the soft sweet ballads. If i picked Dahlia, after a week or so on the island i'd probably kill myself from Week End Withdrawals...

4: Motorhead - Ace of Spades
One of the "Must Have" albums. Lemmy, Fast Eddie Clarke and Philthy Animal Taylor made this album more addictive then crack.

5: KISS - KISS
For Deuce mostly... How could i go without my favourite song? This is my favourite KISS album, and it would be nice just chilling in the sun, listening to Strutter and Black Diamond.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what everyone else would bring. :D

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:54:13 AM
That's really a damn hard and mean question XD; But I'll try it ... ah ...

1. Magnum - On A Storyteller's Night
Really a damn hard choice, because I wouldn't wanna miss their other great albums, but yeah ... I chose this, because it contains three of my absolute favourite Magnum-songs and I just love the atmosphere of the album ... It's perfect for lonely nights on the beach °_°;

2. X - Blue Blood
... as well ^^; Just because all the songs on it are great and it's a very balanced album. It's almost like a Best Of for me xD~ It's perfect for dreaming, crying, jumping around crazily, partying ... + it has the best ballads imo ... and of course X, how could you listen to X one year without listening to ... X? XD (and Endless Rain ...)

3. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd
For some Southern Rock power on the isle :3 I really love this album ... such great great songs. And Free Bird is THE classic per se. This album just has everything - wonderful melodies, great songwriting, awesome vocals, guitars ... it's just ... perfect oo;

4. Nocturnal Rites - Afterlife
Because I would go nuts without some kickass Powermetal-album on this lonely island. ;P And Nocturnal Rites are one of my favourite bands. Catchy refrains and greeeat vocals. It's just ... powerful (as it's meant to be ;3).

5. Saxon - Solid Ball Of Rock
Strange choice somehow ... xD. I decided this spontaneous now ... A Saxon-album, because it was like the first western Metal-band I ever listened to and I still love them. :3 And this was the first album I ever heard of them, so it has some special meaning somehow. °_° and it contains some of my favourite songs (The titletrack, I'm on Fire).

---

I have to say ... I'm almost a bit frustrated now XD; I first wanted to take Led Zeppelins IV with me ... but then I remembered Lynyrd Skynyrd and had to decide x,x; (Was like "Stairway to Heaven" vs. "Free Bird" XDD; ... Which is really hard to decide who'll win xD; But since I'm more addicted to Free Bird ... somehow ... no, it's really hard ;_; )

+ I must leave Alice Cooper here ... ;_; Aww ... Auntie ... I'm so sorry ;.;

This is just a game, aah ... xD

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline Dusu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:14:25 PM
1. Axxis - Doom Of Destiny
... that was very hard cause all albums are great and I really love them all, but it's my favourite one because... I met those guys in RL a few months before that album came out and I have a deeper connection to that guitarist (long story)...and the guest singer Lakonia is so great to listen to...I really envy her to work with that guys...

2. Avantasia - The Scarecrow
I love this one... there are so many Artists I love and Tobias Sammet on Bass... and Sascha Paeth on Guitar, Eric Singer on Drums, Guestsingers as: Alice Cooper, Bob Catley, Oliver Hartmann, Roy Khan, Michael Kiske, Jorn Lande and Amanda Somerville...and the songs are very different but they are all a part of one big thing...

3. Evanescence - The Open Door
Amy Lees lyrics are so powerfull and yeah I simply love her for her music
And "The open door" ... hm.. I can identify myself more with this album than with the other one

4. X - Blue Blood
All Albums are damn great and I would take them all with me if I could...
but I can only take one with me and this one is like Maya19 already said the best balanced album

5. Negative - Anorectic
hm.. Don't know why this one and not the other one... I guess because I didn't listen to this one that often until now...

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:58:55 PM
1. Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

.... cos it's the best album ever. Nuff said.

2. Pagan Altar - Volume One

My favorite all time album together with Epicus Doomicus Metallicus. Everything on this album is just killer. This trancends music. Don't expect any arty bullshit or pretentious crap: this is pure METAL, played with true conviction. You have to hear it to believe it.

3. Solstice - New Dark Age

If an English band would try to play Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, make it even more epic and add elements of English folk and NWOBHM, you'd get this. Again, one of my all time faves. Every single track on this record kills, and their guitarist (Rich Walker, who also plays rhythm guitar in Pagan Altar nowadays) is one fine bloke.

4. Molly Hatchet - Molly Hatchet

Come on... it's Molly Hatchet! Who doesn't love this band? After the metal onslaught of the first three albums it's time for some toetapping southern rock. These guys beat the crap out of Skynyrd in my opinion.

5. Arghoslent - Galopping Through The Battle Ruins

World's finest death metal band, and this is one of the best DM albums ever. Unlike most death metal bands, Arghoslent focuses on killer, NWOBHM-sounding riffs and leads. Their ideology may be questionable, but the music certainly isn't.

And 5 CDs just isn't enough. I haven't even mentioned Sabbat, X, Manowar, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Saxon, Blue Oyster Cult, KISS etc. etc. etc.

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:50:11 PM
1. X - Blue Blood - Flawless album. Everything about it is epic. So many fantastic songs. With songs such as ENDLESS RAIN , Rose of Pain , WEEK END , KURENAI I could easily listen to it for ever and ever.

2. The Clash - London Calling - Highly enjoyable , great lyrics and 19 songs. Lots of styles such as reggae and ska are mixed together. Highly influential album.

3. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - The story of Ziggy stardust is intriguing and excellent. Often considered one of the best works by Bowie during his glam rock period.

4. The Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground - Some beautiful songs on this album. Often overlooked for VU and Nico. Candy Says , Pale Blue Eyes and Jesus are beautiful capped off with After Hours.

5. The Lion King - OST - One of my favourite disney films and the songs are fun.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 09:06:35 PM
X - I seriously can't decide between Blue Blood and Jealousy.
I guess I'll say Jealousy, just to be "original". :P

Rock'n Roll Standard Club Band - Rock'n Roll Standard Club
Holy shit, I can listen to this forever.  One of the most rockin' rock albums by anyone ever.

Guns 'n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Lots of songs, lots of GREAT songs, never gets boring.

Tanghetto - Emigrante
'Cause sometimes I need something other than rock.

Another one... huh... so many great albums and so hard to choose just one more.  I guess if I were going to the desert island TODAY, I'd take the 1992 Loudness self-titled album.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 09:29:48 PM
X - Blue Blood
the best album ever made! simple as that :P

Motörhead - Inferno
Another kickass album, espacially Whorehouse Blues XD
don't know any other reasons, but its just one fine album.

Manowar - Louder than hell
The best Manowar album in my opinion and I have some great memories with this album, its a part of me :)

Pata - Pata
Another great album! I love the vocals and the guitar, they really help me relax ^^

Kings - Kings
The best album made during Taiji's solo carreer, especially Stand Up To The World, I love the bassguitar on this album and overall, it kicks ass!

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:18 PM
X - Jealousy,
Hard but that's deffo my favorite album !!!

The Rasmus - Hide From The Sun
A band, that I always love, with really nice song !!!

Guns N'Roses - Use Your illusion I
One of the album that I have the more listen to...

L'arc~en~ciel - SMILE
I love this album, every songs are really amazing !!!

Metallica - ...And Justice For All
Kick ass album, love the music and bring me so much memories of my Teenage !!!