• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Bad news about Repo release date

Amethyst_Dahlia · 3053

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
on: April 18, 2008, 05:32:37 AM
Okay, so we all know Repo was supposed to be out in theaters next week, right?

Well, now it's apparently been delayed until AUGUST 8TH!

Source here.

;__________;

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 04:53:37 PM
Actually, it isn't Yoshiki's fault this time. XD

Darren Lynn Bousman posted a blog about it a while back. Of course, I didn't really worry about it back when I first read it, because I didn't think he meant there would be that much of a delay. XD"

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:46:15 PM
Am I the only person who thinks that 1) Yoshiki's music will be the best part of this movie and 2) this is a true candidate for an MST?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:59:14 PM
So I'm really badly informed, if somebody could help me out: What exactly is Yoshiki's job on Repo!?  Wiki says producer (music producer, I guess), and other people are credited for the music. However there's vague information on how "Yoshiki is behind the music of Repo!" (not in a producer way).
I couldn't gather concrete information from the Repo! posts we've had here on x-freaks, but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough?  :?

RIP

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 12:39:27 AM
Well, all of the music for the movie was recorded at Extasy Records studios in LA. ^^ I don't know if Yoshiki actually wrote any of the songs, other than the theme song which is going to be performed by Violet UK, but I'm pretty sure he's a producer for the rest of the music at least.

Also, MiscastDice, by "MST" do you mean "Mystery Science Theater 3000"? o.o

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 01:58:38 AM
Quote from: "Amethyst_Dahlia"
Well, all of the music for the movie was recorded at Extasy Records studios in LA. ^^ I don't know if Yoshiki actually wrote any of the songs, other than the theme song which is going to be performed by Violet UK, but I'm pretty sure he's a producer for the rest of the music at least.

Also, MiscastDice, by "MST" do you mean "Mystery Science Theater 3000"? o.o

Yes I do, but to be more accurate I mean the MST guys' current project Rifftrax, or a bunch of viewers taking the piss out of it. Even for a horror movie, the plot seems almost as bad as that of Manos. *snort*

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 09:05:16 AM
Aww.. poor him, the first one came but was blamed for the cause of being late. *Don't worry Yo, I will be at your back  :twisted: *

k, back to Repo! This news is disappointing as I'm terribly looking fwd to watch this.
The movie sounds better than saw IV and Catacombs. I kinda expect it more than Sweeney Todd. yeah.. just the Johnny Depp part is hard to be defeated.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:29:24 PM by Maverick »

jigokugal

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 01:33:07 PM
DFJROPIGHTRUIHTRHJ WHEN DID HE SAY THAT (sorry x__x I just live close to Hamburg)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:30:23 PM by Maverick »

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 03:07:09 PM
I think it's too late sirimono :S, sorry mate *grin* opps bad me =p

jigokugal

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 06:19:53 PM
I remember hearing about that, but I wasn't sure if him working with her was for the movie in this case. XD" Either way, awesomeness, though, as I'm also a big fan of Sarah Brightman. ^_^

Also, Sarah Brightman did release a new album recently (which I bought the Japanese import of so I could hear her cover of "Forbidden Colours" by Ryuichi Sakamoto, since I LOVE that song *_*), but I'm pretty sure it was already out by the time Yoshiki said that he was working with her. o.o

I think he mentioned it some time in January or February, right? o.o
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:30:45 PM by Maverick »