• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Headwax VS Sankyo and JMA Case Dropped

Beauty/Broken · 3974

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: September 21, 2010, 01:13:50 PM
I dunno if this has been posted elsewhere, but I felt inclined to look into what was happening with this.

According to a Sanspo article which I've managed to come across it seems to indicate that when the case was put before a judge it was deemed as having insufficient grounds to be taken forward, and as such Headwax have been forced to drop their case.

If correct I'm not sure what this means for Headwax's future.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:38:08 PM
If this really is the case then it is good for X and Yoshiki in general, but I'm not so sure about Headwax and Hiroshi...

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:43:30 PM
I always felt that Headwax was sewing with somewhat pointless reason, this was a good outcome indeed.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:13:36 PM
Well, now i'm pretty much guaranteed to see hide's image performing the beginning of Kurenai when I go see them live in about two weeks!!  ;D

>~X~<

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:02:37 AM
I'm glad the case was dropped, and I don't mind hide's image being used during various points in the shows - however, I'm very much against pre-recorded hide guitar being used...let Sugizo play!

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 10:14:42 PM
OK, so this should mean we'll have these creepy pre-recordings on the concerts again.
Why? WHY?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:00:44 AM
OK, so this should mean we'll have these creepy pre-recordings on the concerts again.
Why? WHY?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! The lawsuit was NEVER against the use of hide's pre-recorded guitar tracks, it was about the use of his IMAGE on the big screens during the concerts (which probably only the most extreme hide-is-dead-we-have-Sugizo-now fans would be against)! Why is it so hard for some people to understand this???

This is my administrator color.

Offline visualrocker69

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 05:09:22 PM
Hypno, in all due respect, I believe that the use of hide's image/audio is not good for the band's image. I say this despite the fact that my admiration of hide knows no bounds. But the way X Japan has carried itself up until this year makes it difficult for new fans to take it seriously as a legitimate band. The constant emphasis on hide makes it seem like X as a band has no function other than to honor hide's memory. This is frankly absurd, especially considering the minimal role that hide actually played in the development of the bulk of the band's material.

Now, having said that, X has taken great strides towards legitimizing itself. Inducting Sugizo as an official member was a good step, although giving him a 6th spot is silly, because, what of Taiji, for example? He was at LEAST as critical of a member as hide up until his removal from the band, and yet, his existence was all but wiped out until recently. Nonetheless, finally allowing Sugizo to carry out his responsibilities as far as actually playing hide's solo parts, rather than power chords over a backing track of hide soloing, was also a step in the right direction. The fact that they've continued writing new material is definitely a good sign too, although IMHO it's more of a case of "good intentions, poor execution" in that case. But, of course, that comes down to subjectivity and I would never hold it against someone for enjoying their new songs. That is all :)

kenchan [松長健人 / 서켄지]

Offline ReiMISERY

• Rookie
  • "飛べ飛べ飛べ飛べ♪屋根ぶっ壊しちまえー♪" -hide
    • View Profile
    • StickamJAPAN
Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 05:54:50 AM
now that I read this i feel alot better :D

@visualrocker69:  Yoshiki had an issue with Taiji at some point which is why he isn't in the band anymore.
and we all know that hide was like a brother to yoshiki so he just wants him to have a spot? :s
(forgive me if my information isnt "on spot" )

Offline Nanami

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:25:10 AM
Wasn't the issue that Taiji (and probably hide as well) didn't like the direction the band was heading to?