• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

toshi during 28,29,30 march 2008 concert

denx · 6778

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: April 12, 2008, 05:24:58 AM
did anyone notice that toshi using black glasses ( 0-0 ) during all 3 concert without taking off his  glasses? what do you guys think

i'm new here, hi all

Ex denxdenx

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 06:23:10 AM
LOL, I think he just wears them cause he looks frick'n awesome!!!!!  :P

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:46:28 AM
Well, that's the Toshi-version called 'Rockstar-Toshi'... I'd say 8)

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:11:08 AM
Yeah. He was cool. Plus... I think it's not that unusual for him, is it? At least that's my impression. How was it in Aoi/Shiroi yoru?

Pony rocks!

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 09:41:09 AM
I really wish I could get translations of his long speeches at the concerts. Are there any available?

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 01:38:39 PM
Yup, Toshi had been wearing glasses a lot in the old times. But I would say there are three better reasons for wearing them now:
1. he looks " frick'n awesome" as mC said :lol:  
2. all lights are on him and his eyesight is not in the best shape (so I suppose those glasses was also dioptric)
3. if you have seen some new footage of Toshi without glasses (not even the dioptric ones, f.ex.the concert in Korea), you know that his eyes are the part of him, which aged the most
Toshi:  8)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 02:54:17 PM
I suppose it's mostly because of the lights. Being the vocalist, he's the one who walks around the most, it must be pretty annoying to have those strong lights blinding you.

Well, he can always be just trying to imitate Yoshiki, I don't know...  8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 06:01:44 PM
I also suspect it may have something to do with Toshi knowing he might cry during the concert.

But whatever the reason, he looks cool in them anyway.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Belial

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 12:50:31 AM
I think that is relative (a lot) with how he looks, without the glasses he looks "not that pretty" ( sorry if I'm not being clear), and I think he knows it, and yes, with glasses he looks "frick'n awesome"

(sorry for my english, is not my native language)
First post here^^

Offline leading_note

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/leading_note
Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 04:16:21 AM
off topic:
I like your avator, 003chan.
 :D

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 10:01:29 AM
not only glasses, this time, also no half naked like yoshiki, lol. i think glasses just to prevent him not to look so old from audience

Ex denxdenx

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 06:35:07 PM

As you can see, he was already wearing glasses long time ago, 1995, 1995, 1996, etc.
Even hide or Taiji wore glasses long, long time ago on stage.

hi there

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 01:43:02 AM
i mean, he wearing the glasses all the time during the concert. in other concert, sometimes he is not wearing glasses in certain song

Ex denxdenx

Offline xfreakjess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://hideincarnate.livejournal.com
Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 06:48:47 AM
Since we're discussing the sunglasses, yeah, he's been wearing them at X concerts for years! I've noticed that in some pictures, like interview photos, if he doesn't have sunglasses, he has normal glasses. So maybe his eyesight isn't all that good? But like many of you have said, the sunglasses are there for many reasons: protecting his eyes from the lights, 'covering' his age if his eyes really show it, making sure no one sees him cry if he does (which he did, and his eyes are so expressive...), because they make the rocker image and are very much so a part of the "Rock star Toshi" image!

I did hope he would have taken them off...or opened his shirt all the way...but I guess he didn't feel like it hahaha...

But he looked super awesome! *____* I loved his gold jacket!

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 06:17:51 PM
As I said before, who do you think most people want to see in reunited X-Japan  :wink:   :idea:   :?:
Daddy Toshi without or with dioptric glasses, with a scarf and chubby clothes. The Toshi they are used to associate with Masaya? I think that won't really work...

Or they want to see stylish new Toshi as "nothing ever happened", with cool glasses and fashionable clothes?

It may be quite sad, but it seems to me that this is how it is...  :wink:

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 06:24:42 PM
I like all the Toshi-versions. :D

May X be with you!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 06:33:32 PM
I honestly don't see any difference between the two photos on top and the one on the bottom.  Same guy, just wearing different clothes and with his hair styled differently.

The only change I see is that he evidently is using a different stylist in picture #3, and the lighting is somewhat more flattering. :P

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 06:35:11 PM
:lol:  yup I know Hollywood  :lol:  who would say it's really the same Toshi
This was just for the "glasses topic"  :wink:

Offline xfreakjess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://hideincarnate.livejournal.com
Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 06:37:47 PM
I love his glasses - the normal ones he's wearing in the top right picture you posted. I...I can't stop staring at it. XD; (and I'll stop myself here because it would just turn into me gibbering like a love struck teenager. >_>; )

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 06:40:29 PM
well 003chan I think on all the pictures you posted Toshi looks completely normal to me. He looks stylish on all of them.
One thing is stage outfit, the other two are clothes you wear in normal life and what is bad about glasses?

This... disturbs me more:

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 06:44:04 PM
I intentionally posted only recent pictures  :wink:  
I have those you sent  :wink:  and I don't see anything disturbing about them, I even have the second one in imaginative "folder" of best smiles  :wink:

There is nothing wrong with the glasses, I wrote about it in here before - the reasons why Toshi had them all the way on the concerts

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 06:45:08 PM
Quote from: "003chan"
I intentionally posted only recent pictures  :wink:  
I have those you sent  :wink:  and I don't see anything disturbing about them, I even have the second one in imaginative "folder" of best smiles  :wink:

well I thought you wanted to emphasize how people wouldn't want him to look like that. I guess, since there are more recent ones with much better style than this, that he didn't want to look like this either.

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 06:49:53 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"

well I thought you wanted to emphasize how people wouldn't want him to look like that.

Well... and don't you think there really is a point in it? Of what I've read from different sources, some people really don't want him to look like "that"  :?

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 06:55:46 PM

"...and when I snuck up closer, that's when I realized I made a BIG WHOPPIN' MISTAKE!  Crikey, that wasn't no rare crocodile at all-- it was just somebody's little grandma!"

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 06:56:10 PM
Quote from: "003chan"

well I thought you wanted to emphasize how people wouldn't want him to look like that.

Well... and don't you think there really is a point in it? Of what I've read from different sources, some people really don't want him to look like "that"  :?

Well I do think that he can look the way he wants to look. But I guess most people take it that his sudden change from a visual and later very stylish musician to someone with a very... well anti-stylish look is a good example for what they regard as the "brainwashing"

I mean it's always weird if people change their behaviour and looks so suddenly. But I don't think it's our right to judge if that is good or bad or to say "he mustn't look like that".

Maybe Yoshiki brainwashes him to look stylish?

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 06:59:35 PM

Yup  :lol:  maybe that's it!

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 06:59:58 PM

No, no, no, Yoshiki is innocent! If he brainwashed Toshi to look stylish in his way, we would see him running on stage shirtless. And maybe even more... :D :D

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline Charon

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 09:26:24 PM
I think Toshi's masaya period is something that should be acknowledged by the fans...it only makes one appreciate Toshi's current tastes that much more. I know I'm certainly happy to see Toshi don his bad-ass sunglasses and rock.

img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6431/32388277ir4.jpg[/img]