Religion or whatever you believe in

Sirimono · 21123

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 11:13:45 PM
ATHEISM:

1. Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
2. The doctrine that there is no God or god

I'm an atheist... yet I tend to say gods instead of God... >.> imho it's more fun to have more gods than one... XD

May X be with you!

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 11:17:10 PM
Quote from: "nage"
ATHEISM:
imho it's more fun to have more gods than one... XD

No

No

No

Even if you believe or don't,seriously here you're forced to learn seriously too many shit about those infamous 12 gods.That spam is NO fun T____________T

PARTY HARD

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 11:18:33 PM
I'm an atheist... yet I tend to say gods instead of God... >.> imho it's more fun to have more gods than one... XD

Haha, yes! Like in the old Roman or Greek culture - or Hindu and so on. One allmighty guy is really too far from reality in my opinion.

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 11:24:02 PM
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"

Haha, yes! Like in the old Roman or Greek culture - or Hindu and so on. One allmighty guy is really too far from reality in my opinion.

old Roman and Greek culture was wonderful! The gods with all their faults and pervness....

I like the shintoism. So many gods to chose from and if it's not enough, you can make up your own ^^ i think the temples are kinda open for everyone and whatever they believe in? at least i heard that

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 11:29:21 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
I like the shintoism. So many gods to chose from and if it's not enough, you can make up your own ^^

^^ Yes, I like it too!

May X be with you!

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 12:10:52 AM
Slovakia sucks... >.>
*moving to Czech or Japan* XD

America's even worse. ;_; Over 90% of the people here follow a religion according to that chart. o.o Though that doesn't surprise me, it's still kind of sad. =(

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 01:13:05 PM
Officially I'm a protestant but I don't care in our/their believe really.. I think I don't believe in anything ;)

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 04:40:29 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"

The gods with all their faults and pervness....

Haha!!That made me fall off my chair XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

PARTY HARD

pinku_

Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 02:15:01 AM
Im a Christian.

I hardly go to Church though... Only at Xmas because my dad insists so.
I think I'm more of a believer, that is I believe there is a God.

I don't see the point of going for a morning mass, sing songs of praises, pray unanimously the prayers on a piece of paper --- say things that are not really in your heart... and worst of all, do all that when all you want to do is SLEEP.

I would rather --- pray alone in my room, on my bed... pretend that I am sleeping but actually praying to God, things that I know He knows already --- but rant on anyway. At least I am being true to what I am saying and doing.

For me my church is my home... Most of all my heart. As long as there is belief inside me and the people with me, then we are a church. It doesn't have to be in a real building or church --- whatever, even a desert can be a church.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:13:21 AM by pinku_ »

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: March 18, 2009, 01:39:12 PM
Pinku, as Christians, we should fellowship with others in order to grow...

I was raised in both the Quaker (Friends) Church and as a "Freewill" Baptist.  I'm more Quaker but also like to attend First Baptist Churches.

For those who are Atheist, you cannot deny there had to be some Celestial Being(s) create the universe

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 02:32:51 PM
Well, I'm Atheist, and I have been for a few years now. I told myself I was agnostic for a while, but that's because it was kind of a confusing time when I chose to convert from Christianity to Atheism, haha. Now, I'm much happier than I ever was.

For those who are Atheist, you cannot deny there had to be some Celestial Being(s) create the universe

Yes, I can. Considering that is what Atheism is: denying God/esses(s) or higher powers. I believe in the Big Bang. ;)

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009, 03:30:24 PM

Of course they can XD

I, myself am unsure though ... I am somehow free for everything. But what I would never ever believe in was some specific god or several gods. I mean, religion is interesting. All the different histories of creation all over the world ... But people who take it literally? I mean, maybe there is some god or whatever, but I am pretty sure this is nothing we know of ... how could we? There are so many religions with hundreds of different gods ... and I am sure that no religion is able to "identify" the REAL existing being.
I have absolutely no idea if anybody understood what i was saying XD

I believe in nothing and anything ... On the one hand I do believe in science ... that what we think are emotions are chemical reactions of our body, etc. But on the other hand I also WANT to believe that this is not everything. I am romantic and so I do 'believe' in some kind of spirit too. Something that makes each person individual and that survives the body's death. Also this sounds very kitschy and it's really more a want to bleieve than what i really believe in the end XD The imagination is just way better for me and less discouraging, if you know what I mean xD I think that many many people do this secretly. I mean, who seriously wants to think about death as "I just die, my brain is dead, my heart stops beating and the world around me just vanishes. Then there is NOTHING". Nobody even can imagine this seriously (if i try to imagine how this feels I just can't and I get panic. We can't imagine the state of "not being" and this is scary ...)

I believe that everybody should have his/her own religion somehow. Following the guidelines of some institution, going to pray there, etc. ... that's nothing for me actually, though I believe in christan values. But I don't believe that someone should guide me or tell me what to believe in detail, etc.

I know my post is bad structured and confusing, I apologize XD *goes and plays FF* XD
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:37:22 PM by Maya »

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009, 03:34:49 PM
I'm an atheist. :P

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #43 on: March 18, 2009, 04:30:05 PM
Have to agree with the posters above, Yes We Can! ;D

This is my administrator color.

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #44 on: March 18, 2009, 11:43:08 PM
Pinku, as Christians, we should fellowship with others in order to grow...

I was raised in both the Quaker (Friends) Church and as a "Freewill" Baptist.  I'm more Quaker but also like to attend First Baptist Churches.

Okay, first of all, organized religion doesn't work for everyone. Sure, some people get a feeling of community from it and enjoy it- good for them. But then there's people like me who really don't find any meaning or significance in it. To borrow a quote from Pinku, because I couldn't have said this better myself, "I don't see the point of going for a morning mass, sing songs of praises, pray unanimously the prayers on a piece of paper --- say things that are not really in your heart... and worst of all, do all that when all you want to do is SLEEP." I also agree with her that you don't have to go to a church or temple or any other place of worship to be a "true" follower of a religion.

As for the rest of what you've said, you're entitled to believe what you want, however, one thing that really bothers me is when people try to force their beliefs on others. By saying "as Christians, we should..." you're implying that you think all Christians have to do things the exact same way, with no room for free will or free-thinking. If someone wants to be part of an organized religious group, that's one thing, but nobody should ever have to feel forced into it. To put things in perspective, how would you feel, as a Christian, if someone told you that from now on you had to attend services for another religion and follow their ways?

Also, telling Atheists that they "cannot deny" that there is a higher power is another case of forcing beliefs on others. You're basically telling us that we HAVE to think the same way you do. You don't have to change your beliefs, but we don't have to follow them either.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 12:39:05 AM
I'm sure it wasn't meant in a bad way...
Perhaps it's just a product of bafflement on her part.
Someone who really believes, must find it hard to understand people who don't.

As for me, I love that there's so many people here with different beliefs.
I like hearing about the various ways people see the world.

I didn't mean it in an antagonistic way.  I still, myself cannot fathom  how the universe was created.  It's an amazing thought, how there can be distinct things.... Science, Religion, Big Bang...  Wow...

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 02:46:57 AM
I don't believe in any religion at this moment. I won't completely deny the possibility of some higher existance, but I do doubt it.

I find it quite logical that religion eventually was invented in order to build working societies; to allow some early form of laws. Threats about eternally burning after death. What else would make primitive and uneducated people suddenly obey someone else?

But now..  In the world of today, isn't it possible that religion makes unfortunate people accept bad conditions?

USA is actually a good example. It's not only the most religious of the developed countries, but also the richest country in the world  - and that by far - yet still holds higher poverty numbers than any other developed country.

Compare with Scandinavia. The societal rules may originate from christianity, but right now it's probably the least religious area in the world. It also holds some of the world's lowest poverty rates, and the lowest income inequalities. Japan is also one of the less religious countries, and the same pattern applies. Isn't it quite possible that adapting to a world without religion makes people set higher demands instead of putting their trust in a higher being?

Religions may make many people more content with their lives, but do they really make the world a better place?

pinku_

Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 03:44:42 AM
--- no more religion for me ---
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:25:38 AM by pinku_ »

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: March 27, 2009, 03:51:08 PM
Yes we can. Why couldn't we? Because no one understands exactly how the universe was born or how it works? If we can't truly understand how the universe works, it doesn't mean that it has to be done by something celestial. Read some astronomy, cosmology etc. and maybe you one day will grasp our insignificance in this universe too. And I don't think it's a bad thing, rather fascinating and comforting.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #49 on: March 27, 2009, 04:47:14 PM

This is my administrator color.

shane140

Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 12:06:25 AM
well, i'll keep it short and sweet, all my family is christian, i was babtised, and i belive in god.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 06:35:08 PM
I was chatholic till I started to attend catholic school, now I just belive in god and think that religions are world's largest corporations and mafia.

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #53 on: July 14, 2009, 07:18:25 PM
I thought I had replied here, but I guess I didn't :|

http://books.google.com/books?id=3DleEBtCDxsC&pg=PA5

This will explain :)
Good read actually.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 07:57:16 PM
That text does look interesting but I don't think it can keep up my attention for that long in the PC....^^;;

Hmm..let me see...what do -I- believe in.
I was raised as a Christian Orthodox and even though I was never a hmm..'die hard fan', there was a time (when I was younger) that I could say that I did believe in this.
Then as I was growing up I realised that religions are useless. If there is a God (or more than one) or any other celestial being then religions are just there to help people express their views and/or feelings towards that being. It's how they perceive it to be and not how it actually is. I guess.
In the end I also decided that not believing anywhere at all, kind of scares me. I don't like believing that a higher power from above controls my life, my choices, my destiny etc but I also don't much like believing that after death I become 'nothing' and that there is no one to turn to when I'm desperate/scared etc.
Basically, my vague belief that a higher being might exist is there mostly by choice...^^;;;

As far as religions go...I think that paganistic and polytheistic ones are a lot more interesting and beautiful...too bad no one really practices them around me...^^;;
I find Christianism, Islam and other such big religions to be highly depressing, repressing, restricting and overall...hmm...uninspiring..I guess.
Or well, tha's simply the impression I get...it's not as if I have researched them or anything.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline X mistress

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 14, 2009, 09:12:56 PM
I just must write something to this topic. I hope this ain't gonna be too long...

I've been atheist whole my life. Of course I didn't realize it when I was a child, but later on I've understood what those feelings were back then. I never got the point of prayers and never had the feeling that there's some invisible power or force that had created life and is guiding my life. Although I was raised Christian in principle, I have never believed in any of that stuff.

It was a bit of a shock to my family (well, mom) when I announced that I've seceded from the church (I did that as soon as it was possible without parents' permission). I encountered some prejudice, like I must be a satan worshipper since I seceded from the church. That's laughable. How could I believe in satan if I didn't believe in god o_O

Well, anygays, that's my story. I must admit that I also hold some prejudice against certain type of religious people and don't enjoy their company. I have quite harsh opinions about religion, but I'm not gonna get into those, because I don't want to offend anyone.

If I believe in some power, it's the power of nature. It's amazing how this complex system, universe, has come to exist. I know that in this point many would say it's an act of god. I think that human is just too simple to understand this vast system and its delicacy. And too arrogant to admit that it isn't the master of the universe. The thruth is that we are but tiny bits in our universe, not the centre of it.

Whoa, that did get a bit long. Sorry ^^

"A lifetime is only an insignificant interval in the endless flow of time"

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #56 on: July 14, 2009, 10:51:16 PM
Yeah that's well said. That's how I look at it for the most part.
Quote from: Ingersoll
Then I asked myself the question: Is there a supernatural power -- an arbitrary mind -- an enthroned God -- a supreme will that sways the tides and currents of the world -- to which all causes bow?

I do not deny. I do not know -- but I do not believe. I believe that the natural is supreme -- that from the infinite chain no link can be lost or broken -- that there is no supernatural power that can answer prayer -- no power that worship can persuade or change -- no power that cares for man.

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 14, 2009, 11:19:26 PM
I for one have this theory that religion was created for people to have something to believe in and something to fear. Godfearing people tend to believe that the world is going to end if they do something wrong. Sacrifices and rituals. I believe in the Wiccan ways as well as reincarnation and powers of the mind. I also have a belief that mythical creatures once existed (such as dragons, nymphs, trolls, goblins, gnomes, blah blah blah ect...). I also believe in ghosts and anything paranormal. So pretty much to me, anything is possible. I believe in so much my mind is literally....out there. I'm not a person who believes in the ideals of the Christian. They seem to outcast what they think is impossible. Yeah sure I do things that most religious people would call me a witch for. I do what's right by my heart, and I do what's right by my beliefs. Really it's all ethics and morales.

Honestly, it's not about your group of religion, it's about your heart, what you think and feel is the right thing to do.

Go make my day....you know you wanna....do it.....DO IT!

Offline X mistress

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 15, 2009, 08:35:40 AM
This topic apparently keeps me talking for ever and ever. Sorry mates :) But it's good that we can talk abour these kinds of things also, because these sre quite personal matters for everyone.

Believing in god(s) is a very deep psychological issue and I'm not saying that I'm an expert of it, quite the contrary. But I see that believing in god gives people the feeling of security that is a basic need for functional psyche. Non-believers have other methods to handle this need of security but in my opinion many people tend to cling to religion when they have troubled times or face a crisis. It gives them comfort to feel that they're not alone with their troubles.

Hmm, maybe I'll stop here before it gets too long and confusing  :-X

"A lifetime is only an insignificant interval in the endless flow of time"

Offline BloodofBathory

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
Reply #59 on: August 22, 2009, 05:26:41 AM
I am First Nations. there is no 'name' for our religion. We call it "Walking the Red Road"
I believe in what has been proven to me. Life beyond death, what others call 'spirits' we call 'Grandfathers' and 'Grandmothers'. What others call 'God' we call 'Creator'.
However it is not the same as the Christian or Catholic 'God'...ours is very different. He is not a jealous God, he is a forgiving one.
There is life after death, punishment for wrongdoings, and reward for right. However when we graduate to that point, we are not the same beings. we are not body, or human, but something stronger and wiser. We live many lives and it is our souls that survive not necessarily us...It's actually kind of confusing! LOL
I have seen, heard, and experienced miracles and beings beyond scientific explanation.  Some are good, but at the same time some can be very horrifying.  I have stories *shutter*

I don't believe that the suffering and darkness of this world is proof of God's inexistance, but is in fact proof of humanities existance. We created everything around us, and it is the Grandfather's position to help us correct it.  Not to correct it themselves. It's our mess.

*deleted*

Until the birth of Catholosism homosexuality was excepted widely by almost every known religion including our own. It's stupid to believe that it's wrong or a choice.
Every country, and being in this world was given thier own religion, and they should continue to follow thier own path despite anyone's misconceptions.
Freedom and Free will is a right, not an excuse.
Everyone has a right to believe what they want, even if they believe in nothing at all.
No matter how many times I listen to it, evertime I hear 'Tears' by XJAPAN I always end up with watery eyes...THAT I can't explain

I'm sorry if offended anyone.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:49:57 AM by BloodofBathory »

The seven vices I love ~ They are all sweet poison ~ Born from my mouth